YCharts Reviews & Product Details

YCharts Overview

What is YCharts?

YCharts is an investment research platform that enables smarter investments and better client communications, serving a client base of more than 5,000 RIAs, financial planners, and asset managers who oversee more than $750 billion in assets. YCharts helps investing professionals easily demonstrate their value to clients and prospects with tools that enhance client engagements and simplify often complex financial topics using visuals. A leading financial research platform, YCharts offers comprehensive data, powerful visualization tools, and advanced analytics for equity, mutual fund, and ETF data and analysis. As a modern, user-friendly platform for security research, portfolio construction, idea generation, and market monitoring, YCharts enables vast time savings and serves as an affordable alternative to terminal-based tools. For more information, start a free trial via ycharts.com, contact hello@ycharts.com, or follow us on Twitter at @ycharts.

YCharts Details

The Financial Terminal of the Web.

YCharts, Inc.
2009
Chicago, IL
@ycharts

YCharts Screenshots

YCharts Reviews

Showing 26 YCharts reviews
Already have YCharts?
What do you like best?

The best part of YCharts is it's simplicity and fundamentals charting. Gaining insight into financial information is easy because of the charting capabilities. YCharts allows users to chart any fundamental against any timeframe and equity. I like that economic data is readily available.

The screening tool is nice because you can build equations into the tool and filter. The tool is flexible and allows the user to screen almost any combination of financial parameters in a simple way.

The service excels at helping you cut out the noise to see underlying financial metrics, how they relate, and how you can execute. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While YCharts is robust, I dislike that the comp tables and timeseries are a separate service. It seems these a la carte offerings are separated for no real reason. The time series table is just a compilation of data that is already available in the screener, so why break this out? Also, the service is on the expensive end of the spectrum. I also wish there was some sort of API at this price point, there isn't that I know of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Consolidating all my fundamental financial research into one product. Screening on a combination of financial parameters using equations in the tool. Economic indicators are an extra layer of benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Excellent tool for the analysis of stocks, ETFs and more of the stock markets. Access to data, news, personalized screens, graphics (very complete and with friendly designs).

Its excel add is very complete and allows us to keep our excel tables synchronized.

It also has access to economic information of interest.

Multiple tools that facilitate the monitoring and analysis of the markets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I currently have no constructive criticism to make. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have used multiple platforms before. undoubtedly the cost benefit of Y Chart has made me feel pleased. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With this platform i carry out fundamental analysis of EFF, stocks and the US economy, i follow up on the most important events in the market and study company and ETF charts. And keep my custom excel tables in sync Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

I am a very pleased customer. I use YCharts to evaluate the financial health of publically traded companies and economies. After over 18 months of use, I continue to stumble across new and insightful data within the vast array of in-depth world, US federal, and US state-specific data offered by YCharts. The enormous amount of easily digestible information is remarkable. The product offered by YCharts is put together very well by the product managers and developers to give users a clean and straightforward, yet in-depth, visual analysis of data. I feel this product was created by investors, for investors, with a focus on fundamental analysis.

Previously, I used TC2000 and was satisfied. However, I was more pleased with the vast array of fundamental financial metrics (particularly the trailing twelve months metrics) offered by YCharts. I have never used Bloomberg Terminal, so I cannot provide a comparison. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had a poor initial experience because I did not like the account representative assigned to me. When I informed the representative that we were not a good match, the reassignment process was professional.

Furthermore, there are some visually distracting elements, such as a popup chat window tab that reads "Have Questions". This would be acceptable to keep for users in the trial phase, but it is obnoxious and unnecessary for paying users. Additionally, it sometimes visually blocks charts and data, which is very annoying.

Moreover, the mobile experience is very poor. The product is best experienced on a desktop or laptop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use YCharts to evaluate the financial health of publically traded companies and economies for the portfolio management of the wealth of my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The depth, broadness, and ease to merge and combine the data across different assets and time is truly remarkable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The features controlling the display of charts and dashboards seem pretty limited. As an example of that, I would like to be able to fully customize my dashboards (floater layout), rather than having my watchlists stacked vertically for example. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

YCharts allows me to generate quality trade ideas quickly. The platform provides everything a serious manager or investor needs to perform a solid top down/bottom up analysis. The ability to easily access and combine economic, sector and asset data is what sets YCharts apart from many other financial data services. A quick example of that is the "multi-chart feature" that is used at the company level. Instead of reading through Company's10-Ks, one can simply visualize the financial statements in a customizable dashboard and can quickly evaluate a business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Portfolio Strategist & Consultant
What do you like best?

YCharts has built an industry-leading platform that empowers me to build robust models. The fundamental and technical chart capabilities are fantastic. The ability to easily produce professional looking charts with my brand on them and seamlessly post on social is great for marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are so many different features added on a regular basis it can be hard to keep up! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give them the opportunity to demo and use their trial period. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Model portfolios, client reviews, client research. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

The ability to put together my own charts and tracking of indexes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see integration into other tools such as wealthscape, envestnet, emoney, etc. For example able to connect to other tech stack tools and analyze portfolios and investments without manually entering. I realize you can import model portfolios using csv files but would like to see direct integrations to save time. Also model portfolios not as helpful when many client portfolios are customized (or ability to analyze a prospective clients portfolio and compare side by side). Would like to see more esg tools Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ability to quickly create and bring up charts and data for clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Customer Service is very responsive, There's a lot you can do with the system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints or issues with Ycharts as of yet Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're modeling our portfolios and doing stock/fund research and have been able to easily monitor and report performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
What do you like best?

When I first started using YCharts, I like the fundamental charts with multiple metrics. Later I found Fastgraphs to be superior at much lower price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I was really upset when the estimates chart depict the wrong presentation of actual vs. estimate EPS and revenue. Very often I could find stocks when the actual is lesser than estimates but YCharts estimates chart show actual to be higher than estimates. This is really bad and I don't expect this for the price I paid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just be careful that you do not assume the YCharts give you accurate data. You need to check to be sure if the charts are accurate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I wish I could rely on Ycharts to tell me quickly whether a stock is at fair value by looking at their fundamental charts with various metrics plotted in the same chart. I also wished I could tell if the stock's future is in the uptrend with actual results beating estimates but the chart gave me the wrong info. (I have uploaded a screenshot of Google revenue estimates vs. actual chart. This chart show GOOG actual beat estimates for all previous quarters but this is clearly not the case)

Worse of all, I feedback this to their staff and insisted their data provider is reliable when I provided them evidences that the chart is showing the wrong picture. This is so unprofessional! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kara Hughes of YCharts

Joshua, we're very sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with your YCharts subscription and appreciate you raising your concerns. We do our best to ensure that our users have access to high-quality data, and that's why our equity data and estimates are sourced from Morningstar and S&P Global, respectively — both of which are very reputable sources. That said, we look forward to continued engagement with you to explore, and if possible, address your concerns.

Financial Analyst
Financial Services
What do you like best?

Simple to use and it is cloud-based, so that really helps us a lot. The amount of information at your fingertips is incredible and comparing fund performance using the charting system is a great visual for clients. To see your model portfolios all in one area is an amazing feature as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No complaints at all. They are constantly updating the site to make it better and more user friendly. If you have any questions, the support team is more than willing to work with you and answer any questions that you may have on a certain question. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do the trial and you will see for yourself how great it is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Comparison of funds, seeing sector performance and model portfolio performance is great. Nice to see certain time frames and how portfolios/funds reacted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Partner
Investment Management
What do you like best?

Very intuitive and easy to use. I especially like the ability to track stocks, etfs and mutual funds across a variety of different data parameters. Saves me a bunch of time. Also enjoy the ability to track model portfolios. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to compare the performance of individual stocks to ETFs and mutual funds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is a great resource to research individual stocks, ETFs and mutual funds. Also helpful to track specific economic indicators that we use for forecasting in our practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

YCharts is easy to use yet a comprehensive data source. It has everything we need to evaluate ETFs, Mutual Funds, Stocks and Economic Data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

YCharts does not have information on individual bonds or preferred stocks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is an efficient tool to help us with our evaluation of ETFs and individual stocks. We also have found the new model portfolio tool an awesome addition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Front Desk
What do you like best?

The easy integration of excel into the mix. The number of options for filters. Key charts are easily viewed. I feel like this would be easily used by the professional to the new hire all in one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That it took me so long to come across this. The pricing is left off of the website which I find is a turn off. Not sure if I will like the sticker shock once I get that answer back. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give the trial a go! I took a look and I like the idea of the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits have only started. The excel integration has become the most useful. Charts are great for others to view without the numbers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Investment Officer
What do you like best?

The screener helps find some of the most obscure stuff. The data visualization is very helpful and customizable. Consensus estimates also helpful for knowing what market expectations are. The team is very responsive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Financial data is sourced from Morningstar, which for funds and etfs is great, stocks it is OK Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for stocks, funds, visualizations, model portfolio snapshots Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finding ideas, creating visualizations for clients, tracker portfolios Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Store Manager
Retail
What do you like best?

I like y charts provides a ideal experience for the average user. They help the user be able to understand things about the user and the interface that it provides to the person. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about this program is that the program is that it does not provide a Versatel experience for the user as they only provide what the user sets for them selves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have used Ycharts to help in everyday use to help make spreadsheets to help get my point across to other users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Portfolio Manager
Financial Services
What do you like best?

Quick access to a seemingly endless amount of economic and financial data that can be displayed and analyzed graphically with ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Occasional absence of a security in the universe which is completely understandable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

One thing is for certain, there is no other analytical software company out there willing/able to provide the same level of support for your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The team has customized some its portfolio analytics tools for our practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The amount of information is incredible. It has virtually all leading economic indicator with hyperlinks to that data set. The dashboard is a cool feature as well. To be able to see all of your portfolio information live. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the dashboard could be more customized aside from just adding pages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Monitoring portfolios Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Offers build in 4 metrics and historical data, can view all necessary information on a single screen, data can be easily exported, and chat available for in time customer service actions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The chart customization options are limited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

very specific uses, not suitable for all industries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assists with fundamental and quantitative data analysis Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
What do you like best?

The Excel Add on features and ability to make great visual presentations using data charts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It did have a bit of a learning curve but I do not dislike anything at this moment in time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ability to make better more efficient data charts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

YCharts is one of the most comprehensive data sources out there. It was extremely helpful to obtain data on NYSE companies as I completed valuations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Frankly, it's hard to find a dislike for the software. Perhaps the free trial could be extended further? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were able to successfully understand data about companies to better value them and potentially invest in. This was helpful to the organization I used it through because it made our research much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IA
What do you like best?

This is widely used in my comapny and good UI Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

less VIsiualtion and should add more charts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Giood Improvment a adh eas of acces

should improve UI according the market requiremnt Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Retail Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

The visualization and user friendly components Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A little too complex and not commonly used by peers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Na Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Analyzing client returns Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kara Hughes of YCharts

Thank you for the feedback. We're glad to see you appreciate the visualization and user-friendly tools of our platform! We noticed the star rating wasn't selected, would you mind updating the rating to reflect your experience? Please reach out to hello@ycharts.com should you require additional support! Thank you again!

UF
What do you like best?

-Website is fast and easy to use

-So many options to sort and filter

-Huge database of mutual funds and ETFs

-Excel plug in to maintain dynamic comparisons Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

-Very pricey

-Not integrated with many broker dealers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

-Performance and risk metrics

-Portfolio optimization Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President, Senior Compliance Officer
What do you like best?

The best part of YCharts is that it provides every piece of data about a company that one needs to conduct a thorough fundamental and technical analysis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about using the program at all. Unfortunately, I have not signed into the program recently so my account is locked at the moment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an important program to use when conducting investment research. The data is reliable and in an easy to read format so it is simple to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

YCharts solves the problem of gathering reliable financial data about a company all in one place. This is a beneficial program as the data is reliable for fundamental research and technical analysis charts can also be created. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Manager
Financial Services
What do you like best?

Stock screening tools worthy of professional stockpickers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Data visualisation tends to be a little jarring on the eye. The sharp contrast colours and slightly pixelly graphics are typical for stock charts but although they are precise, they don't make it easy to look at for hours on end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Access to some of the features of a far more expensive system for a much lower price; ability to quickly source and present data to back up a story or point of view; starting point for original research. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
Financial Services
What do you like best?

Unlike some other reviewers I LOVE the pared-back, simple interface. It's refreshing and non-distracting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The stocks universe is not completely comprehensive outside the U.S. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Understand that it's going to take a little investment of time to get polished at using the interface and knowing its various elements and where to look for what you want. Once you push through that you will find it quick and intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quick and easy analysis. Reliable data sources. Lets us discover things we might otherwise have missed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.