Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Reviews & Product Details

What is Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)?

Evolve IP Desktop Services meet the diverse needs of any organization by providing a unified desktop management solution for physical and virtual desktops alike – enabling IT departments to deliver the most appropriate desktop solution for each end user, while maintaining control through the cloud and improving end-user support. With options for VMWare and Citrix, Evolve IP is a global leader for virtual desktop services and is one of just 11 companies worldwide noted in a leading analysts Market Guide for Desktop as a Service. ONLY AVAILABLE IN US Why Evolve IP for DaaS? 1. Streamlined Management Options - Single, global portal view of all assets regardless of location. 2. Complete suite of integrated services (Unified Desktop Management, DaaS, RMM, DR, Helpdesk, Office 365 and more), managed by the client or fully-managed by Evolve IP. 3. Proven, long-term experience - First client started with Desktop Services in 2008 and is still on platform today! 4. Flexible deployment architecture and unmatched resiliency posture. Visit our website for more information: https://www.evolveip.net/virtual-desktop

Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Screenshots

Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Profile Details

Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Profile Details

Evolve IP
Description
Evolve IP's combination of security, stability, scalability and lower total cost of ownership is fundamentally superior to outdated legacy systems and other cloud offerings.
2007
Wayne, PA
@EvolveIP

Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Reviews

1-18 of 18 total VDI reviews

Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Reviews

1-18 of 18 total VDI reviews

"Great Virtual Desktop"

What do you like best?

The thing I like the best about the Virtual Desktop is that I am able to access it from any computer. I Just need to download the app and can hop onto the virtual desktop and work. I also like that we are linked to each other and can share information within the virtual desktop. I also love how the customer service team is really easy to talk to and are very helpful. Most of my problems get resolved in the same day and usually while I'm on the phone with them!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the virtual desktop can freeze or go slow at times. Sometimes it makes it hard for us to continue to do work.

As a business, we are able to share files and information in a safe place and it can be kept confidential. This is very important in our industry. We value that all the safety roles are well done and we can stop stressing about if anyone will get into information that they shouldn't.

UE

"Great way to access my desktop and applications from anywhere"

What do you like best?

Being able to access the business applications virtually is wonderful. Previously I could only access certain applications on a specific machine. The IT Team can administer updates to applications without causing much downtime. When I run into a technical issues the IT department can login and work on my desktop virtually.

What do you dislike?

When a temporary profile loads. Sometimes you may not realize you are using a temporary profile until after you have been working in the environment. Sometimes multiple displays cause issues on the picklist values within applications as the application may be running on one monitor but the picklist defaults to the other monitor.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy user experience. Makes my job easier because I can access what I need anytime. Our students who are also using VDI can access their files from the VDI vs saving their files on a thumb drive. Since we teach online courses, the students need to have classroom resources available anytime and this VDI allows the accessibility.

The ability for staff to use the same application on the same version at all times. Staff may have a need to work from home due to an emergency and the VDI allows them to be productive. Being able to handle an issue after hours because I can reach the software from anywhere anytime.

Cheif Technical Officer

"One of the best remote desktop application"

What do you like best?

By VDI we can access remote desktop laptops etc from any place with active internet. by this virtual desktop infrastructure software we can share files and works in far away system from any where. its very essential for client managements for software companyies like us. by this we can access clients machine from our location.

What do you dislike?

it sometimes get stuck during access. otherwise its a good product i dont find any other dislikes yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

those who wants to access remote desktops from ypur own locations can truestly buy this product. its makes our job easier.

Accessing clients desktop remotly is the best solution got from VDI for our company

AN

"The Virtual Desktop Experience"

What do you like best?

its simple to use and it allows you to work almost anywhere and have access to all files and software like im in the office.

What do you dislike?

you have to have internet to access the desktop. there is no ability to work offline unless you download the files you need to laptop before hand and upload back to network later once you establish internet connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

go for it. it makes working from anywhere simple and easy. in the long run also saves money cause you will not have to replace physical equipment as much.

more of our employees are able to work from home. Comes in handy when we close are building for weather or if construction on building. we do not lose productivity hours.

"Using VDI as a student"

What do you like best?

The VDI environment on a college campus is super useful as you transition around different computer laps. I can stream and work on devices (virtual desktops) in remote locations. Having a cloud account also helps me be able to access my files remotely.

What do you dislike?

You are limited on space and have to close out of existing projects prior to logging out. Once you log out of a virtual desktop nothing will remain from your session. You must rely on a cloud account to save your files.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! Super useful.

As a student, having the flexibility to login anywhere on campus is a huge benefit. VDI is replacing the traditional computer environment used in many computer labs on campus. This is a cost savings to the university.

UA

"Excellent Virtual Desktop"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and it allows you to work anywhere.It also helps me to access my all files remotely.It also has the ability to connect network drivers,It is very flexible also.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes i am automatically log out from this software and also we are not able to work offline, It is necessary to connect with internet. Otherwise it is good.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommended this software to everyone because it helps us a lot in our work and make it easier.

It helps us a lot in our work because it has the ability to auto provision a desktop with predefined requirements and demands.

"Reliable Resource to Deploy Desktop"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to control access from our server room to spawn new desktops quickly and efficiently for training purposes.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about the software as it seems to be fairly intuitive and I've been trying to move our companies infrastructure forward.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This helps with a consolidated approach when it comes to creating virtual machines accross various departments for on boarding and training to help keep your companies message stay consistent

This is helping me deploy a real time training environment across multiple departments at minimum cost while keeping our seat price down for various other software.

Application Analyst, Tier III
Higher Education

"Love Hate relationship"

What do you like best?

To install applications for users to access remotely. Ability to connect to network drives.

What do you dislike?

The product disconnects regularly. Not sure if the platform can be stablized to support enough users and users accessing the VDI remotely. Very difficult to troubleshoot if it is a users home network or the business network causing the repeated disconnects. The user profile sometimes becomes to large and causes users issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

N/A

Provide faculty, staff and students the ability to access enterprise applications off site. The user need for remote access give ability to complete work tasks at various hours.

"Good cloud service for virtual desktops"

What do you like best?

This software works with many different platforms including Windows OS and Mac OS. It's great for business of all sizes.

What do you dislike?

Just like any software, it is not perfect. It can go slow sometimes or mess up.

The software allows for a computer to run software on another computer that is not installed on the computer. This is good if the computer doesn't have the software installed or can't run the software. It is also good for when applications have different versions of software.

C
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Is VDI right for you"

What do you like best?

VDI allows the ability to auto-provision a desktop with predefined requirements to be stood up on demand, and go away preventing the need to have tons of office space and or devices. It is very flexible.

What do you dislike?

I currently don't have any issues with VDI as a service. The only caution is that the memory needs to be configured correctly to optimize the benefits.

For classroom technology, it allows for quadruple plus desktops then the room can hold.

UR

"fastest remote desktop I ever used"

What do you like best?

the speed is really like working on my actual desktop, even though my home internet speed is still the same

What do you dislike?

it could be the networking service I had, it kicks out when I'm inactive

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You have to try VDI out, you will love the speed and how user friendly it is. Great job, team!

it provides secure, fast, and reliable remote connections for me to be able to work from hom

(10,001+ employees)

"VDI is great. Pickup work from multiple locations. "

What do you like best?

I can go anywhere & my screen will be the same as I had left it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it may take a little while to load.

Remote Desktop Access

"Very user friendly"

What do you like best?

Easy to log in to the VDI and connect to the remote server of the client. No log after connecting through the VDI.

What do you dislike?

At times i have noticed the VDI abruptly gets disconnected and it takes a while then to connect back.

Can be

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use VDI

Can connect to any of the client remote desktop anytime.

UR

"Virtual Perfect"

What do you like best?

Ability to create a virtual desktop on another machine with a diverse set of features that make the environment feel perfect!

What do you dislike?

Takes a bit long to connect at times, but once connected there is no issues with drops.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make it quicker to connect to the virtual system.

Cost saving as we do not need to give people two different machines for different environments without our workplace

(5001-10,000 employees)

"It's okay kind of thing"

What do you like best?

The good thing is that i can access it anywhere. I dont have to store my important files in any device.

What do you dislike?

Manier times vdi ends up creating connectivity issues which disturbs while working

With VDI my important files are not specific to a particular physical machine. I can access them anywhere.

(10,001+ employees)

"Great access to desktop virtually "

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to log in anywhere and access my applications.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it logs me out and can run slow.. you are u able to work offline as you do need internet access.

Gives the employees room to work from home with no restrictions

"VDI"

What do you like best?

VDI has been working well for offshoring the work, so offshore can work seamlessly on client services and client data is protected. It provides a secured a secured access to client environment.

What do you dislike?

lag in response on VDI and time for setup

secured access to client environment

"My review"

What do you like best?

It helps with organization, and let's me be more structured.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about it. It helps with organization and let's me be structured.

Organization issues.