Victory Lap Reviews & Product Details

Victory Lap Overview

What is Victory Lap?

Victory Lap was founded to help individuals and companies realize their potential through high-quality sales development offerings. Companies large and small have leveraged Victory Lap’s expertise to build, develop and upskill their sales teams. Victory Lap is an additional channel for companies to hire vetted, qualified and pre-trained sales professionals motivated to succeed and grow within the sales career path. Since launching in 2016, over 125 of Chicago's fastest-growing tech companies have joined Victory Lap's community to hire 400+ candidates from our intensive, week-long sales Bootcamps. Our alumni boast an 80%+ 12-month retention rate at our partner companies. In a career field notorious for turnover, Victory Lap has created a platform and built a talent community that is transforming careers and changing the way companies hire sales talent.

Victory Lap Details

Victory Lap empowers candidates and companies to find success in sales. The programs educate, develop, and place candidates in sales positions across a variety of industries, and help companies hire, train, and retain top sales talent.

Victory Lap's core competencies fall within new hire training, onboarding, and on-going sales representative development. Over 1,000 sales professionals in Chicago have been trained by Victory Lap in 2018/2019 alone.

We believe the most effective sales training curriculum is created and facilitated by those who have built and managed sales teams at scale. Victory Lap’s approach reaches beyond any single-system sales methodology and focuses on the disciplines, skills, and behaviors of top performing sales professionals. Our philosophy has been shaped through the thousands of customer interactions faced by ourselves and teams throughout decades of experience.

Sales as a profession, skill, and behavior is changing. We take pride in ensuring the next generation of sales professionals will be more prepared for their career as a direct result of our approach.

Victory Lap
2016
Chicago, IL
@VictoryLapHQ
431 Twitter followers

Victory Lap Reviews

Showing 68 Victory Lap reviews
Location
Already have Victory Lap?
Enterprise Business Development Representative
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I completed the Virtual Product Demos that Close Deals course via teleconference. I'm in the beginning stages of transitioning from the BDR to AE role and Victory Lap came highly recommended to me to learn best practices from a community of experienced professionals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The lessons were structured to build on the last session. There were breakout groups every session where lively discussions took place among sales professionals of varying levels of experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didn't particularly dislike anything about the program, although I wish the breakout groups had been a bit more structured and consistently active - but, the groups were diverse and different each time so you do what you can. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Look to Victory Lap when wondering who to go to for effective, fun, easy to join, and actionable sales training for SDRs, AEs, and those looking to enter the industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Victory Lap is enabling me to become a more responsive, non-salesy, conversational, and effective future AE. I gained insights that normally might have taken 6 months on the job, in 6 days - that's the most impressive aspect of Victory Laps method. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive - Media Services
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I attended 2 virtual sales boot camps, Sales Prospecting Strategies and Virtual Product Demos that Close Deals hosted by Brian and Keegan. With the course content and the knowledge I gained from them and everyone in the group, I am positive it will help me in my sales career. Would 100% take it again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They broke the training into 6 steps that build on each other. I have already put into place the structure we went over and have seen immediate improvements in my demos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. I would sign up to get together with the group once a week to run ideas off each other if I could. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Based on my experience with the virtual sales training courses, I would recommend this course to anyone that asks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is not teaching a sales technique (ex. SPIN selling), it is a structure that can be incorporated into your current way of selling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder & CEO
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

A member of my team and I recently attended a sales training course together with Victory Lap, focused on giving more effective demos. As a participant in the course, there were a number of tactics I learned that will make me better. As the manager of a participant, the nightly recaps and recommended discussion topics showed me clearly how I could use VL training in the future to rapidly skill-up my team without me being involved in each class. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Each night I received a recap of the session that my team member attended along with some suggested discussion topics and questions. Since I also chose to attend this course myself, I really liked the efficiency. VL combined written resources with lecture-style learning, discussion, and individual + group exercises. The course was completed over 6 days spread across 2 weeks at lunchtime, making it really easy to fit into a busy schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have a high level of expectations on any service provider and VL exceeded my expectations. I can't honestly say there's anything I disliked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Don't wait to integrate VL training as a means to improve the productivity of your sales team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My problem is that I don't feel that I communicate with sales prospects in the way they'd like to receive information. VL helped me understand how to structure sales demos, ask questions, and lead the conversation to better serve my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Sales
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I attended Victory Lap's 6-part series, “Virtual Product Demos that Close Deals” and it was excellent. I wondered by how a virtual course over the course of 2 weeks but would work, but it certainly did! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Not only did I managed to sandwich it between the workday effectively, I came away with a ton of real-world examples and knowledge nuggets I began applying hours later. Brian and his team's conversational approach, practical examples and break-out formats create an inclusive environment for all to share, learn and build on together. Highly recommend Victory Lap for any sales pro no matter if you are just starting out or have many years of experience under your belt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I could see them being 1 hour vs. 1-hour 15 mins. Maybe early in the mornings or even more straddled over lunch so I don't feel like I was losing part of the work day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helping make more demo's more impactful, effective and yielding better results. I came away with new tips on how to generate referrals, which was not in my arsenal before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Translator
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I took two training courses with Victory Lap - Sales Bootcamp and Sales Prospecting.

I am looking for a job opportunities through Victory Lap. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

People at Victory Lap are very passionate about educating people on how to be successful in sales. During those two training courses, I was able to learn so much and was able to share my ideas in a very collaborative environment. I would recommend Victory Lap to anyone who are passionate about improving skill sets as well as themselves and keep the learning going.

On the job searching side of Victory Lap, everyone is very passionate to find candidates not only a great job but a job that fits individual candidates. When I was going through the initial interview process, they were very curious to see what my goals were and things I look for in a company. Also, when Coronavirus broke out, they were very honest with the situations in terms of what the candidates should be expecting. After seeing that, I realized that people at Victory Lap genuinely care about everyone that cross path with them.

I cannot say enough good things about Victory Lap! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! I loved being part of this amazing training opportunity! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Improving sales skills as well as just finding the motivation factors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Support
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

In six guided sessions Victory Lap provided a platform for our class to share and learn about our struggles and strengths while prospecting in sales. Using breakout rooms we were given the chance to have smaller discussions and really dig in. Brian and Keegan are positive and experienced and you feel captivated while listening to their stories and advice. I loved everything about this training and will continue to look for more from Victory Lap as I always leave with a get it done attitude. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I’ve been apart of two training courses through Victory Lap and both were done via Zoom. It felt completely normal and didn’t hinder the learning experience at all. It always feels real and genuine from both Brian and Keegan. It isn’t cookie cutter and while still being structured class sessions they allowed the conversation to direct what we as students were experiencing in real time. Six session flew by! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Cheesy but I loved everything about the training Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Growing my network from the first training I was apart of with Victory Lap opened the door for the next training that I just finished. Love the positive energy and real talks that come with every session. You always leave with something to think about or something to act on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I attended a two week, six session course on Outbound Prospecting with Victory Lap. Not only did the Victory Lap team share valuable insights from their personal experience as sales professionals and sales trainers, but the break out sessions that allow you to share ideas and learn from your peers within other industries was absolutely invaluable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Hands down, my favorite part of the Victory Lap training was the breakout rooms which allowed me to share ideas and learn from peers within other industries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With certain topics, participation may have been encouraged a little "too much," where it would take away from Brian and Keegan (VL moderators) and sometimes the back and forth between attendees would turn into "noise." This was minimal though, and was literally the only dislike about the course. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I would definitely recommend Victory Lap. Even though the VL staff is knowledgeable and shares some great insights, I cannot stress how invaluable it is to share best practices with your peers from all different types of industries and iterate on the best ways to approach sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Going through this exercise with Victory Lap has already given me new skills as a sales professional, especially how I approach outbound prospecting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Followed the online/remote VIRTUAL PRODUCT DEMOS THAT CLOSE DEALS from Belgium, during Covid19-confinement.

The title and format got me hooked, as it fits with the product we have (that gets demo'd). The first class got me excited!

I was looking forward to learning about pitfalls during sales meetings (as someone with a non-commercial background), and the best ways to present something while selling -as you're not there just to present your product; it has to get sold! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I loved the breakout rooms (peer learning) and daily key takeaways everybody shares at the end of class.

The build (presentation, hosts, format) and timeline of the classes was very clear and made me eager to follow the next class.

The class preparation and recaps we receive per mail make it easy to get ready for the next session and know what the expect, or even prepare (a question or topic to think about for example). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Breakout rooms were very nice and a good opportunity to meet new people, however sometimes a bit short to get the most out of it.

If privacy allows it/with attendees' consent, it would be interesting to know a bit more about the other class participants for potential new business relations or mutual struggles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Be actively involved in the classes to get the most out of it, takes (digital) notes or add comments to their presentation slides. Don't park those somewhere but actually check them again and use them! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The Victory Lap presentation, team and other students gave great insights and tips on how to best get a meeting started, get to the sale, follow up and close! Even you don't close, go for the referral.

I have 5 pages of notes that are ready to be checked before my next meeting, and they will definitely help us towards more conversion! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Entrepreneurial Lead
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I took the Sales and prospecting strategies training that they were offering and as someone learning to prepare for the industry from a startup perspective, a lot of it was theoretical. I found myself getting consistently more results when I was asking for informational interviews during my job search process by implementing the strategies Victory Lap taught me. It was truly fulfilling to see! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The focus on being human, not being a nuisance and ultimately being extremely intentional about each contact I make and knowing what I will do 5 steps after that outreach attempt. Definitely made me think strategically about what I was hoping for with my outreach and all my actions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really cannot think of anything. The timing and length of the classes was perfect, the instructors were knowledgeable and always prepared and they were respectful of us and our unique needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

The training programs that Victory Lap offers are most certainly worth the investment. Whenever I start my own startup or join another company I'll definitely be reaching out to Victory Lap to ensure all my staff are trained in these fundamental and critical skills. I'm so glad I now have this knowledge, I'm certain it is going to give me a real edge on the job when I start. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reaching out to cold contacts, overcoming rejections as well as not having motivation to continue. I just really found myself writing better outreach emails and getting more tactful in my messaging to not waste their time, but build credibility and enough interest for them to follow up with me. I'm truly amazed at how quickly I'm seeing results quite frankly. It's wild! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ridesharing Driver
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I've been job hunting for the past four months. This class not only gave me insight on how to be most effective in sales but it provided me with techniques that I could apply to my job search as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Victory Lap's classes facilitate a collaborative learning environment that is is elevated by the by the expertise and experience of it's instructors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

there's little to dislike about this class. The biggest place that they could improve is by having more interactive course materials, but I'm sure that this will change as they incorporate the Lessonly sponsorship. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Come prepared to take notes, network, and share experiences if you want to get the most out of these classes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VIctory Lap is helping me to hone my sales technique and confidence as a salesperson. One of the major benefits that I have realized is the insight on challenges that people in B2B sales roles commonly face and how to navigate them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

After working a year in business development, I was looking to enhance my skills and get help finding the right job for me. I wanted to move into tech sales and Victory Lap set and prepared me for that path. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The multivariate approach with panels from alumni and professionals in the field, activities and the capstone project were the best. The process felt engaging and thorough! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didn’t know what to expect when I started with Victory Lap. However, I understood that it would be unpaid. After finishing the program there’s nothing I can say I disliked, if anything I’ve grown as a sales person from the process.

Making the commitment worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Come with an open mind. Be ready to work, dig deep and have fun. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

At the moment, new opportunities are coming! I am better equipped for not only the interview process but, well into to the sales roles. I benefit from taking my skills to the next level and being innovative in a cutting edge industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Public Relations Assistant
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Victory Lap is a sales education program designed to prepare and support professionals interested in pursing a career path in sales. I was offered a chance attend their first one month sales virtual training bootcamp in March and upon attending the classes my expectations were blown away by how supportive and knowledgable the coaches were. I was able to learn the fundamentals of sales and gives a day to day understanding of an SDR/BDR role and was required to also complete a graduation project where we had to pitch a service to another company. During my time at Victory Lap, everything I thought I knew about sales I realized I didn't know and the support that these coaches give when it comes to discussing topics like an elevator pitch, researching businesses, emails and objections was unreal and they went above and beyond to make sure you could understand what each of these things meant in sales in order to become successful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I loved so many things but I really enjoyed the interactive Lessonly assignments and learning how to engage customers through building a trusting sales relationship, how and when to ask the right questions, interviewing prep and how to handle video interviews, the power of persuasion and overcoming objections. I also really enjoyed how they would send us motivating and inspiring TED Talks as well and the coaches would take the time to go over anything you didn't understand. They were really hands on which was surprising since it was the first time Victory Lap had a course that was completely virtual. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I can't say a bad thing about Victory Lap only the thing is I wish I could have met them in person but due to what is currently going on, I think they handled everything perfectly. We still were able to really get to know each other and the coaches made sure everyone was just as engaged even if we couldn't be in training in person. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you are looking to take your career path into sales and want a place that truly cares about seeing you succeed then please look into Victory Lap. You will not regret and will learn everything and be prepared for a career in sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I learned so much more about sales than I ever thought I knew and now I feel I am totally prepared for anything that will come my way. I have already interviewed with a company that went great so I know that Victory Lap wants nothing but the best for their students. I realized I am much stronger than I ever gave myself credit for and after going through this training I am confident that I will land a job in sales that I love and will consider my career for the next chapter of my life. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Marketing Manager, Senior Account Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Victory Lap helped our sales team create better practices for conducting demos, prospecting, and nurturing our sales pipeline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Brian is an insightful sales teacher who provides actionable tips and strategies. His team is well-organized, and the format of the class provides valuable interaction with other sales professionals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Since my colleague and I took two classes at a time, it became a bit much to have 2.5 hours a day of class on top of working full-time. I would recommend completing one 6 week session and then starting the next. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you're looking to connect with others and get real-time feedback and strategies to improve your sales department or improve as an individual I highly recommend Victory Lap. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating urgency with sales leads and developing a strategic approach to prospecting outreach. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Resource Coordinator - Operations Support Hub
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Victory Lap's biggest impact on me was simply introducing me to the world of sales. From interview prep, to terminology, to prospecting and all other parts of the sales process. For someone who came in with virtually no experience - they never made me feel dumb even though on a lot of this stuff I was, in fact, quite dumb. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I joined Victory Lap with absolutely zero prior sales experience on the recommendation from a close friend. I was skeptical at first, but from my very first interview with Ali I knew that VL was going to help me get where I wanted to go. During my VL time, I had a death in the family as well as a personal injury issue that could have easily, and understandably, derailed my time with VL. They didn't hesitate to make sure first and foremost that I was okay - but then to make sure I was able to continue working through the course and networking. I have to give a special shoutout to the whole VL team but a most special thank you to Ali for bringing me on board, Colleen for the wonderful lessons; and ESPECIALLY Keegan and Tammy for dealing with me incessantly and never complaining or being unavailable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I didn't like was the fact that I wasn't able to attend any of the in person networking events. I was fortunate that I found a job I loved relatively early in the process... but I wish I would have been able to meet people in person. That is not because of VL though... that was my schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I found the exact job, with the exact people, in the exact location that I was looking for. I am more excited to get up and go to work now then I have been in longer than I can remember. Maybe best of all, even though they may not know it yet, I get to keep bugging Tammy and Keegan to become the best salesman I can be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Development Representative
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Victory Lap has helped so much with my sales career. I went through their training program before I began my sales career, and I am still utilizing them 2+ years into my career. They teach fundamental skills that every salesperson needs to know. They use practical skills that relate to every field. Hands down the best training out there! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The people that work at Victory Lap are so helpful and will always make time for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I wish there were more trainings and available content online but that's it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Definitely use Victory Lap as a resource in your career! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am learning how to better relate to my prospects and find pain points and really understand how to communicate with prospects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I was in the beginning stages of a career change and participated in a weeklong live sales training bootcamp with Victory Lap. The educators at Victory Lap are a strong team who really laid the sales groundwork for me, as well as, helping me with my resume and interviewing skills. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Victory Lap gave me a detailed education about all things sales in a short amount of time culminating in live cold-call experience to test out my newly obtained skills. I liked how each member of the Victory Lap team educated us and gave their own perspective on sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I truly have no complaints about my week in the Victory Lap program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

For anyone considering a career change into technology sales, this is an amazing first step. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Victory Lap gave me the tools that I needed to start and successfully go through the interview process ultimately landing a job in technology sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GM
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Coming from a consulting background I had a lot of client experience but no sales experience. Victory Lap really focuses on the beginning stages of the Sales Cycle and it helped me learn what a day in the life of a BDR looks like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best part was the coaching experience. The coaches and lessons were great and I think some more one on one coaching time would help you excel even further. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There was a lot of promise of how many companies Victory Lap have in their network. 150+ is amazing. Unfortunately at the end of my bootcamp, it seemed their network disappeared. The most enticing thing about VL was definitely their network of employment partners and its talked about throughout the bootcamp. It’s extremely disappointing when you’re hoping to get interviews with tech companies, as stated in the program, only to get 1 interview with a shipping a logistics company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Maybe persuasion. Other than that, nothing yet. Like I said earlier their network of employees seemingly disappeared and VL has not set me up with a job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Leader
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Sharpening the skills and elevating the mentality behind sales initiatives and strategy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Brian and Keegan have developed a powerful, proven, highly regarded, and cutting edge program that stands above other seminars in the space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The breakout sessions are very good, however they need to be led by a VL team member, or one of the vocal, active participants in the program in order to avoid confusion and low energy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Reach out and ask questions. Brian and Keegan are accessible to all inquires. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

By following the highly refined curriculum, one can quickly realize increased productivity and exceed their goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Took the Sales Prospecting course. They provided actionable content and facilitated a healthy discussion about the subject matter. Brian and Keegan together are a great instruction team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Discussion about talk tracks and email/touchpoint planning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes. It was a very valuable course. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Try the free classes they are offering now. It's valuable content and a good discussion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helping me understand what Salespeople do and to help grow my own business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Victory Lap provided me with the luxury of learning an immense amount of information within the sales world. The areas we were able to cover in just one week was amazing; these included becoming well-versed in: objection handling, cold-calling, pitching yourself, prospecting, email writing and much more. At its core, Victory Lap also allows you to realize the incredible opportunities that can come with dedication and progression within the Sales Industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

As a Finance major, Victory Lap served as a slingshot into the sales world. Prior to the bootcamp, I truly had no idea how much it takes to be a successful sales professional. I was able to take several pages of notes on all information, advice, and overall helpful tips from essential sales tactics all the way to acing your interviews. The VL team is so diverse and well-rounded within the sales industry that you are really able to learn so much from each and every one of the individuals. You come to a realization within the bootcamp that you are always learning and adapting within the sales industry, and being able to hear from successful professionals who have done what we aspire to do; It was really an eye-opening and moving training program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I disliked with Victory Lap. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

My advice for anyone debating on whether or not to apply to Victory Lap: the risk is minimal and the rewards are endless. You truly have nothing to lose. If you have a week available to partake in the program, I advise you to 100% join and work hard throughout the training week. If you have an open mind, hunger for learning, and aspire to breakthrough into the sales industry, the advice is simple: join the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Victory Lap was able to provide me with an incredible amount of helpful sales information and training that I never would have received otherwise. The benefits are endless due to the fact that you realize, within the sales industry, you are never truly done learning and developing your skills. For me, personally, the biggest benefits I am taking away from the program are the overall sales information and training, countless networking opportunities, interviewing tips, advice from proven professionals, and a strong understanding of what it takes to be successful in both sales and life. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Regional Sales Executive - New York
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Getting more creative in my outbound efforts to find a sales job Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How Brian asks for referrals. Easily my favorite part of the session. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything that we learned in this class was valuable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Do any of the classes that they are offering for people who are out of a job due to COVID-19 Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

N/a Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief of Staff
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Victory Lap is excellent at training and showcasing new sales talent.

They also offer sales training to organizations conducted by their CEO Brian Bar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like the monthly talent showcases because they groom people with very diverse careers and backgrounds and teach them the sales fundamentals. It is very important that employers consider out of the box solutions to filling sales roles. Victory Lap makes that easy! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No one likes spending money on recruiting if they can help it; however when the candidates are great and they bring the ability to hit the ground running and an eagerness to succeed, that becomes worth it. Does a candidate always succeed? No. But the candidates Victory Lap grooms are the most eager and excited candidates I have ever seen. The candidates are very excited, very coach-able, very dedicated to applying their skills within their new employer's organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Victory Lap gives you the opportunity to visit a cohort talent showcase before becoming an employer partner so you can see what the candidates are like. I think that is a fantastic way to see what they are cultivating without having to sign a contract on the spot. I will say that some our most successful sales members came from the Victory Lap program and we are very happy with how Brian and his team teach sales in their intensive. We have Brian come teach our team for an afternoon as well and that was one of the best workshops we have done. He is brilliant at adapting to your team's sales needs and pinpointing pain points to help your team understand how to move forward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had a shortage on or sales team and we used Victory Lap to hire new BDRs for our team. The BDRs we hired have really fit in well and are now between their 60 and 90 day marks and are ramping very well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
Financial Services
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I was in the middle of an incredibly frustrating transition period from financial sales to tech sales where my financial sales experience didn't seem to be translating for employers I approached myself due to lack of SaaS experience. Victory Lap resolved this in 7 days with awesome training and a great network of trusted tech companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Exposure to a huge network of companies with someone on your side telling your story and the ability to confidently tell that story yourself. Personally, this was huge as I came into the program mid-career. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that I didn't find Victory Lap sooner! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Be proactive and get everything you can out of the program. At the end of the day this is sales training, you get a lot of guidance from the team, but asking questions and engaging all of the folks spending time presenting makes it even more worth while. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The immediate problem of placing a talented person who was sitting around coffee shops stalling out on resume blasts and overall frustrated with the job search process. The benefits go well beyond strong training and job offers. The network of employers, Victory Lap employees, and Victory Lap alumni presents an entirely new group of professionals to leverage for advice and training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Representative (Outbound)
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I was first introduced to Victory Lap when I was actually recruiting for chicago software sales candidates in a previous role. Many of my candidates and tech clients had mentioned they were utilizing VL as a resource so when I was looking to transition out of my role in the recruitment industry I called them up. Not only were they extremely responsive, but they also changed the course of my sales career!

As an SDR/BDR candidate trying to stand out from the competition in the Chicago tech sales landscape, a VL education and stamp of approval is extremely valuable. Their model is extremely unique in the sense that it is 100% free for candidates but unlike other recruitment partners, there's a classroom-based education segment to prepare you for a career in sales. Topics ranged from cold calling, objection handling, interview prep, the psychology of sales, resume prep, pipeline building, email writing, etc.

After our training, hiring managers were invited in for a talent showcase and each candidate pitched their backgrounds. From there we worked in tandem with the Victory Lap team to set up first round phone interviews with their talent partners. I worked extremely close with Kevin during this interview process and he was extremely helpful in dissecting my thoughts post-interviews and ultimately helped me narrow down my options until I found the perfect fit.

Overall a very thorough process that I was extremely impressed.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The team is truly building a community of young, diverse sales professionals in the Chicagoland area. My cohort and I were extremely close and now we have friends at sales teams all around the city. We've helped each other become stronger sales professionals, share leads (extra bonus), and even are recommendations for each other during job interviews.

Since graduating from VL, I've come back monthly to participate in panel discussions for their most recent cohort and each time the candidates get better and better. I know VL is looking to really grow and engage their alumni community further, which I'm extremely excited about. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is an investment with a candidate's time to participate in a week-long education process which may not be an option for everyone. I'm excited to see their offerings potentially expand to evening sessions, weekend sessions, "prep" days with universities, etc.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Give them a call - they're extremely friendly and responsive! I've recommended candidates and sales managers to the team previously and have never been disappointed! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For Sales Management: quicker SDR ramp time, higher employee retention rate, diverse candidate profiles, less time sourcing for candidates (i.e. more time to be a manager)

For VL candidates: FREE sales training from top sales leaders in Chicago, quicker job placement, interview prep, cold calling workshops, access to VL's hiring partners, access to the alumini network, etc.