Total ETO

Designed by engineers for engineers, Total ETO material resource planning automation software provides better collaboration, efficiency and accuracy for your job shop.

Work for Total ETO?

Learning about Total ETO?

Total ETO Reviews

Ask Total ETO a Question
Showing 10 Total ETO reviews
Total ETO review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Overall Good Software"

What do you like best?

Questica is good for managing projects and keeping track of items used on each project. The search functions work very well to identify past projects or parts orders which is a great help in correctly quoting parts. The reports are also very detailed which aids in many tasks such as looking up costing to quote a similar project.

When you get familiar with it you get all the info you need. It’s very user friendly in terms of entering info and very forgiving if you need to correct something. Most of the functions are fairly intuitive and the available reports give you several different options for disseminating information depending on what you’re looking for.

What do you dislike?

Improvements we would like

- Ability to link documents in areas other than sales order (i.e. Purchasing – link quotes to PO’s)

As a QA Manager I have been using various export functions, especially, exports to excel, which helps me to monitor NCR trends, supplier performance and easily generate presentation graphs and diagrams.

Overall it is a good software, works well with SolidWorks, easy to use, and satisfies all engineering, purchasing and administrative needs for our company.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Total ETO
Total ETO review by Kevin S.
Kevin S.

"Questica ETO has been reliable and intuitive."

What do you like best?

It is easy to track all the projects that I have been assigned to enter and expedite. I can reliably search for parts as I enter BOM's while not even having to leave the BOM entry screen. I also like the option to have multiple BOM's open at a time.

What do you dislike?

There has been nothing to dislike so far. If anything it would be speed, however I am on an old laptop and it is most likely a hardware issue instead of software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Questica ETO was easy to set up and switch to. It is fast, powerful, and will suit your company's needs well.

I am increasing efficiency of tracking and expediting, as well as entry of new projects into our workflow.

What ETO ERP solution do you use?

Total ETO review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"User Friendly and Organized"

What do you like best?

I would say one of the things I like best about Total ETO is the ability to navigate and track parts. We have an inventory of over 10,000 parts and track hundreds of PO's that we have sent out to suppliers. Being able to easily identify parts and how many we have in inventory or how long before we receive parts is effective and necessary for smooth operation on a day to day basis

What do you dislike?

I ship a lot of packages out, using the parts order feature in Total ETO. I'm most disappointed in the Packing Slip feature when it comes to shipping. There is so much customization with the rest of the software yet the packing slips generated in Total ETO are very simplified and aren't very profeesional. As a result, I use third party software to generate a packing slip as the packing slips in Total ETO do not meet our standards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great system to simplify business solutions.

Item management is the biggest issue solved by Total ETO. We can manage thousands of parts at the click of a button which allows us to run smoothly as an operation. It is easy to set up jobs and track jobs by number as well as track parts through old jobs to allow us to accurately price components for customers. Using Total ETO I have realized that I'm not spending hours trying to locate parts or PO's outstanding. I can simple click a few buttons and find my answers quickly and efficiently.

Total ETO review by Gary J.
Gary J.

"Questica ETO is exceptional for job costing,quoting and expediting."

What do you like best?

Questica ETO is reliable and easy to use. It is simple to enter bills of materials.Great product for Engineering or repeat projects The item master is excellent allowing me to search intuitively for parts.Questica ETO reports are simple and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much, no issues have surfaced so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Questica ETO is easy to learn and use but also has the required depth and reliability to help complete all our project needs.

project estimating/order/quotes are being utilized in Questica ETO, tracking, and expediting current projects. Questica ETO makes managing these projects much more reliable and allows me to swap between projects with ease. Job costing is achievable quickly and easily

Total ETO review by Jason C.
Jason C.

"Quality software solution with extraordinary support!"

What do you like best?

Total ETO was built 20 years ago around the Engineer To Order process, and they have kept adding and improving since. Unlike many packages out there, it isn't customized to force a fit for ETO companies, it was designed from the ground up to follow the flow, from BOM building to Invoicing.

What do you dislike?

Currently, the biggest area for improvement in my opinion is the user administration portion of the product. In the scheme of things, it's minor once you get up and going, but it could be improved.

Our old system was a customized solution that left the engineers in the dark. Engineers worked in Excel. Only accounting and purchasing had access to what was on order, or late. With Total ETO, our entire company has visibility, down to the builders on the floor!

Total ETO review by Jim S.
Jim S.

"Exceptional Software and World Class Support"

What do you like best?

As the IT administrator I'm the user's first contact for support. Thanks to the straightforward and logical design I can usually answer most questions even though I'm not technically a user. When I have questions the support team at Total ETO is unparalleled. I deal with a variety of software products but none come close to providing the service that Total ETO's team provides. They are truly a pleasure to work with.

What do you dislike?

The only suggestion I would make would be a more granular user administration scheme, namely the ability to manage individual users by group membership.

Our old system was a conglomeration of of Excel workbooks, MAS, and Access databases. Replacing those custom solutions with Total ETO has streamlined our process, increasing both efficiency and accuracy.

Total ETO review by Administrator

"Best Engineer to Order Software!"

What do you like best?

TotalETO gives an astonishing value proposition. The flow of projects through the software is highly logical and easy to follow. Reporting of blended costs is an extremely valuable tool to give management real time information about how a project is trending. Product support and customization support is the best I have ever experienced. TotalETO is fully committed to their product and their customers. We feel we have a valued voice in helping the product continue to evolve over time.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to report here! Product support is unparalleled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't let the day to day business activities keep you from jumping on the implantation of this system!

TotalETO has improved our organization's efficiency across the board. We were able to drop from two full time purchasing agents to one, and since this time we have doubled our machine revenue while maintaining a single purchasing agent. No longer do we have any issues knowing when enough parts are here to start assembly of our equipment. TotalETO has been scalable every step of the way through our growth curve. Our enhancement suggestions are taken very seriously and are worked into product releases whenever feasible. Exporting of AP batches to our accounting platform has saved countless hours of keying and errors. Flawless importing of BOM's from SolidWorks to TotalETO eliminates double entry and saves valuable engineering time. Pushing data to Excel gives with one click gives you instant analytic capability of your data. Project management has unrivaled, real time project information. TotalETO worked with us to automatically import time card data from a third party to eliminate double keying of time cards in two systems. The Process Schedules allow a branch work flow to our machine shop to keep track of in house manufacturing tasks. Invoicing of customers used to be a nightmare with duplicated word documents. The AR section of the software has allowed us total visibility on invoicing and no longer do invoices slip through the cracks. Any startup or mature custom manufacturer should not go without this product!

Total ETO review by Administrator

"Highly Effective Customizable ETO Solution"

What do you like best?

We have been with this platform since 2006 after coming from a system developed in the 90’s. Questica/Total ETO was the solution we needed. Excellent integration with the design tools we use day to day. Easy to learn interface and outstanding customer support. If the system doesn’t have a feature available we’ve been able to work directly with their development team to add customizations, with extremely quick turnarounds. They also listen very closely to their users when planning new releases many of our requests have become new features in the next release. We can’t say enough about the relationships we have fostered working with this company.

What do you dislike?

There not much to say in this category. Any minor things we have come across have been resolved immediately or added to future releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a system to handle a custom business type such as make to order products this product should be on your list.

We build custom automation solutions, this software package has increased our ability to forecast, track, and push forward product details and information in a very timely manner.

Total ETO review by Administrator

"Great business tool for tracking project status."

What do you like best?

I like that I can keep a close eye on projects from procurement to shipping without missing a beat!

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I dislike with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fill out all fields completely, accurately, with good description. The system is only as efficient as the information entered.

Helps control projects at a high level of detail. Couldn't imagine running my projects without it!!

Total ETO review by User

"Complete package for sales, supply and delivery."

What do you like best?

Package has all information in one central location for sales, Design, Manufacturing & assembly.

What do you dislike?

There is a fairly steep learning curve as there is so much information, at times can be difficult to find.

Central location for equipment builders to find parts suppliers, cost of equipment & ordering.

Learning about Total ETO?

* We monitor all Total ETO reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.