Solodev Reviews & Product Details

Solodev Overview

What is Solodev?

Solodev, a content management and digital customer experience (DCX) platform that lets individuals and organizations work together on their digital transformation in the cloud. With the Solodev DCX platform, entire teams -- from web developers to digital marketers to the C-Suite -- can collaborate and build together. Powered by Amazon Web Services (AWS), Solodev provides unparalleled security, scalability and redundancy. Solodev is an AWS Advanced Technology Partner with AWS Education Competency, AWS Government Competency, and AWS Digital Customer Experience Competency status.

Solodev Details
English, Spanish

Solodev DCX is a cloud-first enterprise content management and customer experience platform that lets individuals and teams collaborate on their digital transformation. With Solodev products, users can build amazing websites and applications, share comments, review code, and publish their most ambitious ideas with complete training and 24/7 U.S. support – all powered by the world’s most secure and scalable cloud infrastructure, Amazon Web Services (AWS). See how Solodev can help your organization grow.

Solodev gives businesses of all sizes a way to create custom applications that improve customer experience and scale those experiences with ease. Solodev DCX lets teams collaborate in real time and ultimately get changes important to the customer out faster.

Solodev DCX keeps the customer experience at the forefront of what it does. It makes it easier than competitor CMS platforms to communicate with various members of a team -- from developer to designer to content creator to marketer.

Unlike popular open-source platforms, we have a direct support line anyone can call for assistance. That’s on top of an extensive library of reference documents for developers and marketers alike. Solodev equips users with the resources they need to get the answers they want ASAP. Our development team wants to see you succeed. That's why we offer 24/7 support, 365 days of the year.

Solodev

Solodev Screenshots

Solodev Reviews

Showing 47 Solodev reviews
Already have Solodev?
What do you like best?

The support from Solodev is outstanding! Their team of dedicated professionals is highly responsive to emails and prompt to resolve issues. They listen to concerns and needs. I'm especially appreciative of their willingness to show corrective steps taken - so you can learn as you go along. They treat all levels of CMS knowledge with kindness, patience and respect. They also bring helpful ideas and solutions to the table. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Navigation and layout isn't always intuitive and the site is not as user-friendly as WordPress. Solodev recently made upgrades - some good, some bad: Being able to drop and drag photos for uploading is a notable improvement as is the updated layout. Other features I frequently used and relied on were removed, for example the button for embedding a YouTube video - it now requires the video to be added through Source. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I cannot say enough about the benefit of having Team Solodev support! I am confident that they will handle an issue and follow-up with me without my having to ask for a status update. This is a big time saver and allows me to focus on other work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I loved the layout of the website. I also thought the one-on-one training of the CMS was helpful. The staff got back to our concerns quickly. They are timely with responses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I felt that we did not receive the best customer service for the price that we paid. I also feel that there were issues with the CMS that made the back-end difficult to edit. While I loved the overall website design, I don't know if it was worth having to work-around the difficulties of the CMS. I felt like much custom coding was needed for simple functions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would agree that Solodev is timely with their projects. I have enjoyed working with members of their team. They have done a good job at training us how to use their CMS including bringing us to their corporate headquarters to learn the software. Sometimes their CMS feels clunky and I have trouble finding things, so it might not be good for beginners. It takes time to learn but its unique features make it worth it. I hope that eventually, they will fix bugs that are in their system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems mostly deal with the CMS back-end. I do not like how you are unable to custom change URL. Solodev did not have the most intuitive back-end, because my co-worker and I had to find workarounds to change small things. We also would have trouble finding the location of files, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Solodev
UN
What do you like best?

Solodev provides almost everything we need to run our website content strategy. It’s intuitive, easy to use, and we can train people on the platform really quickly. I love that my team can make updates without touching code or breaking things. We’re also able to manage users really effectively and review drafts before publishing. Finally, their service is awesome! I wasn’t expecting to get the kind of dedicated support that helps us solve problems quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The online documentation is pretty solid but there are few articles that could use additional guidance. They have a built-in library of managers for adding features like a blog, but it helps to have a developer handy if you want to style things a specific way. Some integrations are easier than others, and a few require custom help. Good news is they offer support to do more advanced API work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you’re looking for a platform that solves a lot of the problems and headaches of WordPress, then this is the closest you can get. Nothing is perfect, but if something breaks, you’re not alone in the woods. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I recently had to cancel a major event that was promoted on our website. I needed to rapidly update the content but my hands were full. Not only did Solodev’s support team take it on, but they made several recommendations to help improve the mobile experience. For me, the service is the key. Their people go the extra mile, so I’m really investing in peace of mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

Solodev has been a wonderful company to work with. They provide impeccable customer service times and great response times. We have worked with Solodev on a number of projects and they are able to meet tight deadlines. Solodev has been a sheer joy to work with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not experienced anything I disliked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

During COVID-19 our organization was extremely vital in getting support resources out to the business community. It appeared that everything we needed, we needed with a fast response times and they were there to deliver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

The initial rapid deployment was the reason we selected this product, but the flexibility as we have grown has solidified my positive feelings about Solodev. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Upgrades have presented issues, but they were resolved quickly and to my full satisfaction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an effective tool for rapid CMS deployment. Support has been comprehensive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solodev is allowing our Marketing teams to rapidly deploy and modify A/B tested content increasing our response rates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The quick help whenever there's an issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The backend is a little clunky and sometimes things don't upload easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving the problem of being able to show our properties easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AT
What do you like best?

User friendly site to manage and content uploads immediately! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some times the images loaded don't look right, but again their team is so quick to respond, correct and show you how to avoid any issues in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Telling the Story for our company and having the right flow for the content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

We have been working with Shawn Moore and Solodev for nearly 10 years. They are very responsive and extremely easy to work with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We haven't had any issues at all with Solodev. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look forward to a positive experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our website is reliably working and we are confident that our customers have no problem finding and using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UG
What do you like best?

I like that solodev provides quick ticketing and service time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At the moment, there is nothing I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Solodev has a great turnaround ticketing time and quickly gets any website updates and concerns addressed and resolved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

website Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Coomunications coordinator
What do you like best?

i like that i can communicate through email with them. whenever i have an issue or question they are always there and will always get back to me and not very many companies do that. we were also able to go to solodev offices and get a small training frmo them on how to upload recipes the right way and what to do and what not to do when it comes to pictures. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

they sometimes take too long, i feel like noone on their team speaks spanish and at least a couple people should. another thing that is sometimes frustrating is that when something is requested such like a change or improvement, the turnaround time is a little long. the turnaround time could be a little faster that way we can all make changes qicker in the office Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think that Solodev is going in the right direction. it is hard to communicate and have our spanish site be perfect beause when we implement thing i believe that a spanish speaker should review it on their end Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

right now we are working on getting the recipe area fixed and making sure all the recipes are updated to the new template. this means going over all of the recipes in english and in spanish and making sure everyone on the teams agrees. also the pictures need to be of high quality so that the website is up to date Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

Similar to Wordpress in navigation and website looks great and professional. It's a good user-experience from the front-end interface. The team is available to do custom work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Service is hit or miss and we have run into some bugs that have required additional development hours. This is not a drag-and-drop type of editor, and if you want to edit the website correctly, technical coding skills are essentially a must. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have a professional-looking website and Hubspot has integrated well with our website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Webmaster
What do you like best?

They're helpful and determined to help clients find solutions in a timely manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We don't get enough invites to visit their awesome office.

I wish we could limit the amount of text editing options to our content editors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had to find a solution for form integration within our organization, and SoloDev was able to remedy that problem with a solution that was easy for our departments to utilize. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

The best thing about Solodev is how friendly and customer service oriented their reps have been with us. Also the attention to detail and time they take to make sure we understand everything is also great. We've had several educational meetings to orient ourselves with the GUI, and each time has been great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not that it's my money to spend, but it's kind of weird to have a certain amount of allotted hours for customer support. Every time we call for help we're doc'd on our allotted hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A great service, and an easy to use/learn Website and GUI Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Haven't really had any problems, Solodev and our site has worked out pretty great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Solodev's website layout is very user-friendly which makes it much easier navigating through all the data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That's a hard question to answer at the moment, I haven't had enough interaction as of yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using Solodev to create our company's website, where users can easily apply to the program and check other events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Service is always prompt, professional and courteous. We always have direct access to the appropriate resources when needed which results in faster, higher quality business results. Costs are in line with the market and generally result in a favorable ROI. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing worth noting. Support costs can be a little high, BUT you get what you pay for in this space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Solodev has been an innovate strategic partner for OneBlood. There has never been a case where our need for creative big thinking has exceed their capabilities. A great group to work with professionally and personally. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have an integrate web and content delivery platform that easily integrates with our corporate systems. Development environment makes design and layout quick and easy. Applications are device responsive and provide an excellent user experience resulting in high a high adoption rate with our customers. Interfaces are highly extensible which resulting in better quality, real time data and efficiencies for our donors and staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Executive
What do you like best?

Outstanding customer service, respond to incidents quickly. The CMS interface is easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Exporting data is slow and tedious. I would like Solodev to improve database exporting options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content creation is easy and user-friendly. New landing pages, blog posts, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ability for non technical users to keep our website and several sub sites up to date with very little effort. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Haven't come across any feature that we don't like so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Every company's needs are unique but I think Solodev CMS takes care of the most common content management needs with extra bonus features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Providing accurate and up to date information our donors, customers and partners is very important. Event management and rewarding customers is big part of what Oneblood does and both these activities can change very quickly to adapt to various internal and external factors. Solodev CMS allows our business teams to be under control of what content we expose on our websites to external public users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

With Solodev, I feel like our marketing team is equipped to handle multiple assets at once. I love the CMS’s integration with Salesforce especially. It saves me considerable effort by streamlining the information between platforms.

On top of the Salesforce integration, the ability to easily manage multiple sites in one interface and easily deploy updates across our entire ecosystem is second to none. This is one of the best multi-site management tools I’ve ever come across.

Finally, whenever I’ve had an issue arise with the CMS, the Solodev support team has been nothing but helpful and courteous while they explained the situation to me. They know my role and they understand my team’s goals. It’s significantly more personable than other platforms we’ve used in the past. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can’t think of anything in particular that I don’t like. With any new piece of software, there’s a learning element. The interface itself isn’t exactly the prettiest, but design comes second to functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Solodev may not have the name recognition that other CMS players have, but they more than make up for it with their functionality and ability to create custom solutions. If you need a content platform that is secure, stable and flexible, then it's worth taking a closer look at. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It really is made with marketers in mind, but it would give a development team enough room to make changes as they saw fit too. And with so many options for third-party integration, Solodev seemed like the perfect fit for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Solodev really lets us consolidate and manage our content marketing and digital strategies into one intuitive platform. It also allows us to design websites and experiences like real designers. There are no pre-baked themes or templates that force us to fit inside “the box” and design around the limitations. We can take the user experience wherever we want, and that’s one of the reasons why it works so well for us.

One of the biggest advantages of Solodev is the integration with our martech apps, including Salesforce and Pardot, which are essential to our marketing and sales programs. I like how we can set permissions, so a lower level a user doesn’t accidently break our website when updates are made. I have found this to be problematic with other platforms.

The service is probably the other winner for me. When I have questions, I have someone responding quickly and they’re usually familiar with my project - it’s not just a call center. Their development staff helped create a few custom portals to meet our needs that we had trouble with on another CMS. I also like how secure Solodev’s platform is compared to other popular open-source websites I’ve used in the past with previous companies.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The CMS required a bit of a learning curve, but once that was overcome, now using it feels like second-nature. I don’t have much of a technical background, but the Solodev development team answered whatever questions I had. I feel really comfortable using it now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s an excellent solution for any marketing team needing greater control over their website. It’s not like those free, DIY solutions that ultimately run up costs in hidden development fees and don't handle larger business needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solodev helps our team automate so many elements of our website. We have the power to “schedule it, and forget it” when it comes to certain content elements. It consolidates everything we once had spread across three or four online channels into one streamlined hub. We also needed something very customizable. As an agency we didn’t want generic websites and cookie cutter pages - and Solodev really delivered on that flexibility.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I've been working with Solodev for 5 years and have to say they are so easy to work with. The CMS is very user-friendly and if I ever have an issue I know I can count on them to resolve immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't say that i dislike anything. Any issues that I may have had were solved in a timely manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our main goals were to build a site to improve user friendliness and appeal and Solodev was able to accomplish exactly that. The much improved CMS was a great help in keeping our web content up-to-date and in turn makes my job easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Solodev staff have always been readily available especially when we have had an issue during live broadcast of our meetings held from the county council chambers and was able to resolve the issues.

The working relationship I experience with solodev is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Based on my experience in the past five years I have not encountered a reason and/or situation to become dissatisfied. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk to the customers who have been using the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Expert knowledge on content management and design as well as technical expertise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AD
What do you like best?

I’ve had very little problems implementing the design ideas for our websites into the CMS. Solodev makes testing and iterating easy, which is helpful for landing page design and A/B testing other creative elements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing beyond the usual learning curve. Even then, the Solodev team walked us through any questions I had about the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solodev offers an umbrella under which our team can function. It integrates easily with so many other elements our company uses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Solodev provides a flexible content management platform with an experienced team to provide support when needed. The platform allows the content owner to take as much control into their own hands as they'd like while the support team is there to help out when needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The document management system could be improved with some tweaks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Solodev provides a flexible platform with excellent support. They will work to meet a number of complicated requirements to help meet the user's needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content management system and website management to meet the needs of a growing flexible business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I am by no means a technical person. I have basic knowledge of HTML and CSS, and I was initially nervous when I found out we were using a new CMS. However, as a content creator, I find the Solodev platform relatively easy to understand. The interface makes sense, and I like its user permissioning. I’m confident that people who don’t need to touch our content can’t touch our content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The blog post manager can sometimes time out and there isn’t an auto-save feature. However, once I figured that minor inconvenience out, I remembered to save often. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

From my perspective, Solodev has made it really easy to manage content hubs while keeping our content assets secure. That’s all I can really ask for from my perspective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Always super quick to handle any trouble tickets submitted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some projects we would have liked to complete came with a high price tag Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solodev is helping us manage a more complicated event registration platform - saved a lot of time and effort on our part that we could focus elsewhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Solodev?