SmarterMail Reviews & Product Details

What is SmarterMail?

SmarterMail is a scalable business email server for small businesses.

SmarterMail Profile Details

1-23 of 23 total SmarterMail reviews

SmarterMail Reviews

1-23 of 23 total SmarterMail reviews
Owner

"Works well for our business."

What do you like best?

Easy to use for our business application that has multiple users. There is an ease of learning and lots of things you can do with this software. You can even set up a function to see who is emailing what and receiving what which is so helpful when someone has lost an email. Autoresponders are great. Lots of good features.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I particularly dislike - the mobile interface is a little clunky but still quite useable. I guess that would be my only real negative.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend giving SmarterMail a try. We have a fairly small business and it works great for us. Not sure how it would work for someone with more employees than we have. But for us, it works great and keeps us organized.

This has allowed us to have multi user emailers and keep track of what everyone is doing.

Behavioral Interventionist
Law Practice

"Extreme Disappointment"

What do you like best?

There is very little that I can say that is positive about this mail server. The user interface is atrocious and it is very impractical.

What do you dislike?

The calendar function of SmarterMail is very low-functioning. The updating speed is slow and the multi-calendar option is less than impressive. You cannot merge two calendars or add them to the "My Calendar." The "My Tasks" page updates with any date or time received in my junk mail which prevents me from seeing clearly any tasks that I have for the day.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are other, more helpful and successful mail servers that a company could rely on that are easier to use. SmarterMail is impractical and the user interface is not just unattractive, but also difficult to navigate.

We are using this as a back up email server for our entire office. Each employee has her own account. The only benefit is that it is a cloud server that we can access in case something happens.

Wellness Pharmacist
Pharmaceuticals

"Smarter mail"

What do you like best?

group chat for a fraction of the cost, great mail service. quick response time. regular updates that provide top notch service when it is needed

Their Global Presence is outstanding. They have over 15 million end users and a strong, global network of channel partnerships. By targeting small, medium and enterprise-level businesses, web hosts and service providers, their customer base has grown to span more than 120 countries and our products support over 60 languages.

What do you dislike?

nothing, this is an excellent application. I have always been impressed with the customer service as well as the staff on hand to make all of my experiences better.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great customer service, great support system 24-7, great user interface as well as great way of connecting to clients. Easy to use, each to teach how to use

My collaboration with others is so much easier on this platform.

They build reliable, powerful and feature-rich software that is simple for end users to understand and easy for administrators to manage. Initially the software of choice for the web hosting industry, they've grown into a leading provider of business software for thousands of companies worldwide.

Their mission is to help companies communicate, analyze and support their worldwide businesses. Their products are utilized by thousands of companies, and millions of users, across a broad base of market segments -- including those in the technology, financial, education, health and hosting industries.

Coordinador de desarrollo de proyectos

"Efficient and innovative secure email for storage and administration of files"

What do you like best?

I like it for its easy instant access to email, contacts, calendars through any web browser from any mobile device or desktop, facilitates freely allows to communicate with multiple groups in a social organization including the ability to share files online

What do you dislike?

For now I do not have something that I dislike, on the contrary I found an excellent tool to manage and store my files and content safely

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SmarterMail a great tool created to perform good management, administration and simplification of daily work, no doubt for demanding and enterprising people who are constantly looking for personal, professional and business growth with remarkable positive results in the short and medium term

It really is a useful multifunction tool for effective management to make work easier from the email server, it can also work easily from virtually any device, both desktop and mobile version. Everything is available from a single interface, at the time and place that is needed, it is a real alternative solution for daily work and quality

Accountant
Accounting

"The one stop workplace email service"

What do you like best?

What i like best about this webmail application is the pricing. The features provided in the mail application meet the pricing of the software. I also like the application because i can synchronize it to my mobile phone, and access work emails at home. My colleagues can share their inbox with me and make it easier to share information at work. Lastly, the email application has provided good security features that make me feel comfortable in using the email application.

What do you dislike?

Over the years, the application has not improved in speed, and has caused inconveniences in its essential features. For example, the online chats frequently hang in the middle of an important conversation. Running the antivirus and anti spam features also causes the application to freeze on my desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Smarter mail is a cheap option for a large workforce that seeks to enhance efficiency. The basic features that the email platform provides creates good formal communication among employees. Despite the minor problems evident in the application, the value for money is provided.

The email application aids in mail sharing, workplace chats and keeping track of events through the calender. overally, smartermail improves workplace communication.

Mr. Allen Tierney

"It gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I like that I'm able to access my mail online, and that it is generally attractive. I'm able to send emails, and download attachments. It is an effective piece of software.

What do you dislike?

I really wish there was an easier way to find the correct mail settings if I want to download these emails into a mail client. If I want to also access the same emails on my phone it is very difficult to find the correct settings to make this easily happen.

Smarte rmail allows us to have online access to our emails as a business. It's effective, gets the job done, but doesn't stand out to me as anything exceptional.

Legal Assistant

"Not User Friendly"

What do you like best?

There isn't much that is positive that I have to say about my experience using SmarterMail.

What do you dislike?

It is slow, difficult to navigate, and impractical. The calendar function of SmarterMail is worse than any I've ever used before.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While SmarterMail might be cheaper, it is by no means a quality product. You get what you pay for.

We switched to SmarterMail after our Outlook account expired, and I wish that we had renewed our Outlook account.

"Secure and reliable way office correspondence"

What do you like best?

I like being able to keep my work emaiI seperate from my personal email but also having the ability to forward my email to my personal email when I need it. There are also some great security features which are very important when working in the medical field. We have both an encrypted version and a standard version.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the small amount of storage available. This may be customizable but with our particular version it gets full and I have to get IT to delete things. I also don't like the way it handles older files. When emails become years old the attachments don't seem to work for some reason.

We are able to communicate easier between our office and our satellite office. It's a great way to make sure everyone is copied on everything. We keep in line with hipaa by utilizing encrypted email when necessary. This keeps our office compliant and out of trouble. It is a better way to streamline our office email.

Software Engineer

"Review on SmarterMail"

What do you like best?

The user interface is very intuitive and powerful.

It is a high class secure mail system with great management capabilities.

Cost is very reasonable.

Compatible with both mobile and desktop browsers.

Data recovery features available.

Spam blocker is very effective.

What do you dislike?

You will not be able to do mass changes.

No mass reports available.

Version-16 have some minor issues.

Very difficult to sort emails.

Customer support is not that responsive.

All my mailing related issues are solved by this tool as it is very easy to use and install.

Software Developer
(10,001+ employees)

"Smarter Mailing to Message World"

What do you like best?

Provides a good server applications and features. By using smarter mail we can use IMAP and pop. Mail routing we can do. Listing mails. renaming users we can do by using smarter mail.

What do you dislike?

Smarter mail will not be able to use in some android devices. Sometime the synchronisation of mail to Mobile devices is difficult and it's a problem.and while using smarter mail we are facing connection and access issues.

Mail routing, listing mails robust calendaring and contact management.

Product Intern

"Good experience but some quirks"

What do you like best?

Visually appealing and very easy to use. I do face some timing issues

What do you dislike?

It is a big disorganized and hard to get used to at first

Sorting mail, simplifying my inbox

Sales

"Easy to use! Simple! "

What do you like best?

Super easy to use! Very easy to setup on apple devices!

What do you dislike?

I don’t dislike anything about it. Very simple!

Emails come through quickly at the dealership and on my phone!

Zoom Meeting

"Standard mail server"

What do you like best?

Best part quick setup and provide free 10 users facility. They provide detailed documents for configuration and setup. Take care of spams and filtering very well. Provide webmail interface that is easy to use and integrated with the rest it's collaboration features.

What do you dislike?

It's Hard to export mails. Complicated process for exports and settings are buried in interface.

Worked with huge email workload.

(10,001+ employees)

"Streamlined and cost efficient"

What do you like best?

The best part about SmarterMail is low hardware requirements I use a Windows Tablet at work. It's the same as looking on a Mac or PC. I like that everything is quality, high quality, alternative to other softwares that do the same thing.

What do you dislike?

I do not like Smartmail because of cookie tracking software. That's what I dislike about email communication software. Sometimes I have problems with my smartphone syncing my email.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a good alternative to other softwares.

We are solving the problem of keeping our costs down by using this server. I've heard that when others are discussing the software.

Data Coordinator

"An amazing tool for an amazing result"

What do you like best?

An easy to use mail server for our small inbound marketing agency.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about SmarterMail. As with anything, updates and a continually easier to use interface is much appreciated.

We have solved workplace efficiency with SmarterMail. The server has never crashed or failed our company.

"poor setup for an email platform"

What do you like best?

It was certainly a fully functional, but not totally great system. I felt like it could've used a lot more sophistication in terms of the layout, user friendliness, etc.

What do you dislike?

I'd say it felt old-school in the sense that it just didn't have the full functionalities that I'd want from an email client. It felt as detached from a gmail-like system as possible, and I considered moving to g business suite for that exact reason.

having a company email system, first and foremost.

"Slack Meets Outlook Exchange"

What do you like best?

Works like an exchange server and outlook. The built in messaging is everything that's been missing from exchange with support for files, pics and video transfer, like Slack. Not having to bounce between two platforms is incredibly convenient and productive

What do you dislike?

Could use a nicer coat of paint. Sometimes the file transfer lags a bit, but not horribly

We used SmarterMail in a remote setting where all of us were in different states coordinating content aggregation

Medical Assistant

"Great app to sync mail to mobile devices"

What do you like best?

Ease of set up and accessibility of mail on mobile devices such as iphones and ipads

What do you dislike?

Occasional lag time when updating mail on device vs mail on computer

Accessing emails on mobile devices while working remotely

AH

"Simple and elegant"

What do you like best?

It's easy to manage users, aliases, and accounts.

What do you dislike?

It is not the fastest server on the market.

Running 2 businesses off of the platform with no complaints.

EM

"Good for small business"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and low cost. Serves our small business well.

What do you dislike?

Email is not secure and find the calendar cumbersome. Would like more integration with other systems.

Providing a business email to our Personal Trainers at our gym. It has been great for email, but not using for scheduling.

"Best mailing service"

What do you like best?

It’s good and very easy to use. Thank you for all the improvements

What do you dislike?

It should be made to add more users with few automated options to add

It helps to transfer all the info in one mail to everyone

(5001-10,000 employees)

"Good"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and quite effecient. I can always depend on it working well and meeting my needs

What do you dislike?

I have not had any issues without so far. Everything is great

Email communications

"All Is Well"

What do you like best?

I like how it makes mail smarter and makes it easier

What do you dislike?

i dislike how it makes things more complex

i have made lots of money because of smartermail :D

SmarterMail User Ratings

8.3
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.6*
* Email Category
Do you work for SmarterMail?

SmarterMail Categories on G2