Sequoia Reviews & Product Details

Sequoia Overview

What is Sequoia?

Sequoia Consulting Group is an innovative brokerage firm providing strategic benefits, HR, and risk management services to today's hyper-growth companies.

Sequoia Details

Showing 15 Sequoia reviews
Location
Already have Sequoia?
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Specifically in an automation system, that is, the human resources area is considered very complex in the sense of data such as: payments, employees, interview, taxes, hours, amount of stressful information that must be handled manually, but with this software we release loads and allows to extend the use of the system. !! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Sequoia has been a comprehensive platform for the management of benefits appropriate to the company and our needs. It uses integrated technologies to provide powerful management tools, and provides us with an outsourced service model with which we can offer a unified human resources experience to all staff. We obtain a broad and professional visibility of our business management programs, using data-based intelligence, managing to empower and improve the skills of all decision makers, leading them to recognize new opportunities and take measures that optimize workflow. Through Sequoia we get the proper guidance and support to effectively manage outsourced payroll, benefits, compliance and risk management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The daily work of the whole team is carried out mainly within the company, through a desktop PC or laptop, therefore, the application with support for mobile devices contains many additional benefits that the desktop application does not yet offer. , so when we need any of these we must use mobile devices. We are not affected by this, but it would be a nice feature that would improve the experience as a whole. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Through the use and implementation of this platform we can obtain an effective management of the human resources office, developing a more organized management of tasks outlined by the recommendations that sequoia provides us. In addition to this, it has a version for mobile devices, with which you can obtain much more additional participation data, offering a better experience on the go for company managers and employees in general. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We evaluated the administration programs, as well as the health benefits campaigns, improving the management of the entire benefits system that we have, that is, life insurance, health and all family welfare programs and more. For its part, to have complete certainty that everything is being carried out in accordance with the strategies we obtain with Sequoia, we monitor the costs of the program or campaigns, thus viewing detailed information related to employee use through extensive analysis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Sequoia is used to gather all my health insurance documentation, cards, resources, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is a one stop shop for everything related to insurance for my company. It is easy to use and runs quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I constantly have log in issues with the app. It acts as if I am a new user and will often ask me to create an account rather than log in. Once I am able to get into the app, it is great, however, getting there can be a hassle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

The issues with log in may just be my personal experience and not necessarily the experience of the majority. However, if this is the majority, I would recommend finding another service to create a health benefits hub for your company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to view insurance cards, policies, etc. with the app so there are not problems with losing a hard copy of something and not being able to find it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Sequoia helps me stay organized. All my information is in one place - ie doctors, insurance cards, preferred eye doctors, dentists, OBGYN, etc. It's by far the best all in one app that is on the market right now. I recommend it to anyone thinking about switching their current vendor! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best part about Sequoia is that it helps me stay organized. Other than that, it's by far the best medical app on the market that helps you find a provider within your network in a timely fashion. You never have to worry about not having your insurance card on you because it's always in your pocket - and on your phone- whenever you need it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would change about Sequoia is that although you can find providers in your network in a designated area, it doesn't let you schedule appointments. This feature would really levitate Sequoia and make in the all in one spot for everything medical and benefit related. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

The best thing is being able to find doctors within your network and not having to waste time looking them up online. Also, you never forget your insurance card because it's always on your phone. Super easy access and convenient for those always on the go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head of Talent
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We are a small start-up and needed help with providing a benefit plan that is attractive to recruit talents in the Bay Area, yet, we don't want to break the bank. We also need payroll and general HR services. So we went with Sequoia PEO. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

- Sequoia client service managers are very friendly and they have a lot of patience

- they are also knowledge and flexible to work with us Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations - the typical ones - when you have a PEO rather than doing things in-house. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I trust the team at Sequoia to help us through with benefits, payroll, and HR compliance. It saved me a ton of time! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They free up my time on administrative/tactical tasks on benefits, payroll, and HR, so that I can focus my time on the strategic items Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We partnered with Sequoia in our very early days to help us figure out everything from payroll to benefits. They made valuable introductions on matters that they did not service themselves (payroll) and did an excellent job of educating us on things like benefits. They scaled with us through lots of ups and downs and were always a reliable and selfless partner Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They are not motivated by fees or selling their own services - they will give genuine, unbiased advice and allow the client to make the decision that is best for them. Over the years we used them as a broker as well as their PEO offering. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes or improvement areas come to mind - all our interactions with Sequoia were positive. They can get busy at times so response time can vary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scale employee benefits, perks, etc from a very small number of employees to over 100. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Sequoia helps us build a comprehensive benefits offering for our employees and provides a platform app to deliver great services related to these benefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the consultation we receive from Sequoia, but also the fact they have a tech group to bundle our rate requests under. In addition, the platform app they built is very convenient so I don't need to carry around a physical benefits card anymore. In addition, Sequoia gets competitive rates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about Sequoia, but if I had to pick I would say Sequoia's platform app can be more comprehensive in providing all the fringe benefits, such as commuter benefits or mental health therapy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Sequoia team is very experienced and will have the client's interest in mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Renewal process, competitive rates, workflow, process efficiency, and platform app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Getting our payroll, 401k and onboarding jobs done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The mobile app is decent and gives me a good bird's eye view of where my money was deducted, what were the taxes etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Almost everything other than the mobile app. The onboarding forms were absurd and without the right options opposing to what a standard government form looks like, they randomly cut my hours too one random month for which, I was not paid, had our HR look into it and she got in contact with the help team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Payroll management, Onboarding management. It might be an okay system to use if your company is still small and growing, but as per a user's perspective, it is a "not so great" experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Marketing Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Sequoia centralizes all of your health insurance information and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It provides easy access to health, dental, assistance & location information all in one app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When you search for a doctor, you would think it would only populate doctors that are in-network. However, that doesn't seem to be the case. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can find assistance where ever I am, without the need for a computer. But I do still have to call ahead to make sure the physicians are in-network. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

My health care, vision, dental and commuter benefits are all stored on my Sequoia app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How easy it is to look up my healthcare providers in Network and near me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some medical offices want my physical medical card so that they scan it, so they end up making me email it to them and sometimes it delays getting into to meet the doctor on time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sequoia has made it much easier to use my benefits. I can easily look up providers and quickly book appointments. It has saved me a lot of time and enabled me to stay on top of my healthcare. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GM
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Scheduled a doctors appointment for me Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Having everything digitally available and being able to reach out to the client support with any question concerning my coverage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the locations of doctors and doctors offices needs to be updated more regularly. Almost all of the doctors that it said were within the mileage I specified weren’t located there anymore Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don’t have to waste as much time searching for information on my own Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Sequoia is great for keeping all your medical needs in one place. The digital ID card is very handy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Definitely the digital ID card - it’s very convienent Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It’s hard to find detailed information about specific doctors Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Look up your doctors information on your own Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All my medical needs in one place. Convience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GH
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Review all my health benefits Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Everything in one place - good ux - clean and easy to use. I like that everything is digital too Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you need to ask someone some basic questions - it would be useful to have a chat feature Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Commuter etc Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TE
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Benenfits Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Seamless. Out of the way of employees. No issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Kinda of out of the way. Nothing wowed us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Go for it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No issue. None yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TH
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Sequoia One covered our HR / Payroll/ Benefits and perks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Sequoia One's support and network of benefits and perks was pretty strong. We switched over from an independent plan because we were a small startup and went into the Sequoia network to get much better plans and benefits. They gave us access to a website called perkspot and even a One Medical membership in the Bay Area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The support I received as an employee whenever I had an inquiry was strong, but I heard contradictory things regarding the support our company administrator received. There were supposedly a lot of hiccups in the setup process and clerical errors that were made on their part which caused us some headache. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We use sequoia to handle all of our medical/dental/life insurance benefits Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The customer service of sequoia- they are very involved and can come on site often to hold employee webinars Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sequoia reporting could be better, the reporting they have is very basic, a csv data extract. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you want to use a benefits provider that is responsive and attentive Sequoia is a great company to go with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Sequoia?