Schoology Reviews & Product Details

What is Schoology?

Schoology is the education technology company putting collaboration at the heart of the learning experience. Schoology’s education cloud connects the people, content, and systems that fuel education, and provides all the tools needed to personalize education and improve student outcomes. Millions of people from 60,000 K-12 schools and universities around the world use Schoology to transform how they teach and learn.

Schoology Screenshots

Schoology Reviews

1-50 of 170 total Schoology reviews
Editorial Board Member
E-Learning

"An LMS that puts your content, students, assessments, and even third party apps. "

What do you like best?

Our district uses Schoology as a district wide Learning Management System (LMS). We switched to Schoology last year and I use Schoology for almost all of my course work. I teach using the flipped classroom model and Schoology's platform allows me to share my lecture videos, conduct assessments of student knowledge and understanding, to give assignments, and to provide communication with students and parents. All of my content is available to my students through Schoology 24/7, I can make it available in a variety of ways, and I can make updates in real time. Schoology's introduction of the Google Assignment App has me excited about our switch to Chromebooks. This app allows you to attach a Google Doc (say a study guide) as part of an assignment. When students open the assignment the document is copied, renamed, and added to their Google Drive. No more students opening or copying a new version of the document each time they go back to the assignment instead of to the copy they made but didn't actually rename like the directions stated. The document is 'tied' to the assignment and updates no matter where they work on it from (inside the assignment or through their Google Drive.) I also use the platform’s completion rules to give students autonomy while also keeping them on track.

What do you dislike?

While they've done a great job updating the product, I wish the pace of that was faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

So much better than Google Classroom - the benefits of a full-service LMS are worth the cost.

This keeps our students in a single platform and it allows for courses as well as groups. Increased communication and collaboration.

Teacher

"Schoology has saved me so much time!"

What do you like best?

I love that my kids have a "one stop shop" since my whole campus bought into the program. The kids learned very quickly how to navigate, and after a small learning curve they're all pros! I love that I can embed websites and videos so that they're not distracted by youtube reviews and advertisements, too! I also love how seamlessly it blends with other interfaces, such as nearpod!

What do you dislike?

I don't love the assessment feature, I feel like it could use a few tweaks to make data assessment easier for me. I am confident that the schoology team is receptive to this information and will continue improving this over time! There is a lot of work on the front end to get your classes set up and resources really put into place, but I feel like next year this will be an invaluable time saver because I put in the work on the front side.

I'm able to sync the gradebook in schoology with the gradebook system my school uses. I'm able to give kids results very quickly on assessments and quizzes.

Library Instructor, Instructional Technology Liaison

"Lots of features; simple to use"

What do you like best?

Schoology packs a lot of features into a simple to use interface. I really like the discussions, the ability to embed other apps, and the portfolio creation tool. The gradebook allows for rubric creation, as well as customized grading scales. It also has a very nice mastery reporting feature, which is soon going to be upgraded to become even better.

What do you dislike?

There are a few frustrating things about Schoology. For example, the calendar feature does not allow for the creation of repeating events. For grading purposes, it would be helpful to be able to filter discussions to see all posts by a given user (you can highlight those posts, but still have to scroll to read them). I would also like to see more features for student collaboration. Overall, though, it's a good LMS.

With Schoology, our students have a "one stop shop" for their schoolwork. It has also become an important communication tool for our campus. Students use Schoology to advertise their organizations' events, and post lost and found notices. As an admin, I use it to post schoolwide notices, as well as information for the faculty like schedule changes.

Tech Ed Teacher
(10,001+ employees)

"Schoology - A Game Changer"

What do you like best?

Schoology allows for grading groups and individual assignments. This allows me to tailor my instruction to varying levels of student needs as well as addressing student voice and choice. I also love that I can embed pretty much ANYTHING. I have never used an LMS that let me tinker with the HTML code of posts. That alone makes Schoology one of the best tools out there. I frequently embed Google forms, Padlet, Flipgrid, and many more tools. Their assessment tool is fantastic. It has a ton of question types and provides great data. Their assessment tool will soon support grading by question - because Schoology LISTENS to its users! If there is something Schoology isn't doing that you want it to, please send them a message. They really do listen!

What do you dislike?

A streamlining of the process could help when teachers are transitioning it. The grading area needs some help. I often have classes of over 30, and scrolling up and down to click a kid's name and then see their work is really tedious. Schoology does take a lot more clicks to get things done than some other LMSs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take it slow! Before students are in, decide on an organization. You have complete freedom for organization, and while that's amazing, it can be daunting. Check out their blog for ideas. Pick a few things you know how to do in your old program and learn them in Schoology before looking at the more advanced features!

Schoology has had a positive impact on my classroom because it allows me to easily organize content as well as assign content based on the specific needs/wants of my students. Schoology has had a positive impact on my classroom management because it allows me to easily embed everything my students need with no reason for them to leave the LMS and venture out on the wider internet.

Mathematics Teacher
Education Management

"Combines resources for students, schools, and parents"

What do you like best?

I like the accountability the best. Knowing that students, school, and parents all have access to classroom materials provided by the teacher. This eliminates the three-way communication between student-teacher-parent. All stakeholders can see the same information in real time.

Schoology partners with other companies, so you can use other web-based materials inside of Schoology. This open design has allowed Schoology to bring in partners rather than recreate the wheel.

What do you dislike?

Some other platforms have grade book based options, while Schoology focuses more on the Student Materials and Assessment features.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

See if your school district or building can all use Schoology at the same time. Individual users are not as beneficial to the students. Having one platform for all courses is key to Schoology's usefulness.

Sharing information digitally with all stakeholders was a struggle prior to Schoology. The lack of parent questions or concerns compared to life without Schoology. I thought parents did not know how to use the platform, but it was there were no questions to be asked since the materials were already there for the parents to see.

Teacher

"Flexible and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I am still learning about how to best use Schoology for my classroom. But, so far I have discovered that it is the best and easiest way to organize and store student assignments. I know it is capable of so much more and am working my way toward taking full advantage of its many capabilities. Here is what I've done so far … I organize units of study into folders and then upload all of the worksheets and readings from class into these folders. This way, when students tell me they've lost a worksheet or didn't finish their center work in class I can tell them to look on Schoology and turn in the assignment the next day. No more extra copies ever! I also put links to videos in the unit files and PowerPoints so that students can access everything we do in class (and more) from home.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if a video platform was embedded to make it easier to utilize Schoology for flipped classrooms. Right now we are using links to YouTube videos that we create. If there was something integrated into Schoology it would be fantastic to remove that middle man (also, my district blocks YouTube so the videos are not viewable at school).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For most this is a district-level decision, so the average teacher wouldn't have too much of a say in the matter. But, I would encourage your district to give it at least a trial run for a year to see if you find it as useful as we have!

We have eliminated the need for extra copies. Students either print lost work at home OR they read the work online and write their responses on lined paper. Actually the latter of these two seems to be the best because it forces them to restate the question! :)

Digital Arts Teacher: Game Design

"Great Educational Tool"

What do you like best?

Schoology allows my students' educational experience to extend far beyond the classroom. It also allows me to make my classroom as transparent as possible for students' parents, helping them to understand what their child is doing in my classroom.

What do you dislike?

Probably the one thing that I dislike the most is the inability for individual teachers to access the paid membership features without their entire district or school purchasing a plan to use the software. It would be nice if teachers who work in districts, such as mine, were able to purchase a subscription to the software independently.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give the basic offering of Schoology a try even if your district does not subscribe to it. It's a fabulous tool and even the free basic version has a ton of functionality to make your life as an educator and the lives of your students much easier!

Unlike most classrooms, my students have access to all of the resources and materials I share in class anywhere they have access to the internet and without having to keep up with folders full of disorganized papers. Plus, students can never say they lost any of the materials provided as it is all stored safely online for them to access. Also, Schoology creates a transparent classroom for my parents, keeping them informed as well.

Assistant Director of Student Services

"Great LMS"

What do you like best?

One of the main reasons we use Schoology is the integration with other applications like Google and our Student Information System. Schoology is similar to the functionality of Google Classroom, but there are so many more features that this LMS has that you can't get with Google Classroom. Schoology syncs with our SIS every day, which makes rostering, grades, etc. easy to manage. Schoology has the ability to link apps like Google Drive, YouTube, Khan Academy, among others, that really helps streamline the way that students and staff access information. You don't have to got to 18 different sites to find information, and a teacher can integrate tons of other programs, apps, links, etc. to give students one place to go for most everything. There is a huge networking component to Schoology, that helps teachers to be able to collaborate and share resources with others across the country. This platform also allows parents to have access to view exactly what their child sees in the course, so it increases the amount of communication and information parents have in regard to their child's education.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike is that we have had some stumbling blocks with everything syncing with our SIS precisely as we want it. We are working through those, and Schoology has been helpful with the process, but it has been a learning curve this year having been the first year we have implemented this LMS.

Schoology has increased the amount of collaboration within our high school building this year. With schedules not aligning, and the busyness of school, oftentimes teachers don't find the time to collaborate with one another or know what others are doing in their classroom. With Schoology, our teachers can easily visit another teacher's course, co-teach courses together, or use the Advisor Dashboard to view exactly how a student is performing in another classroom down to the individual assignment. This part has been super helpful and beneficial for both teachers and parents.

"Schoology... the new Facebook for students and teachers"

What do you like best?

The question is more like what do I love about this technology. This resource is amazing. Every day at the end of the school I am able to place anything ( and I mean anything - worksheets, power points, things from google drive, videos - the entire lesson of the day) up on my page and students and their parents can access it all. If a student left something at school- go onto our page- the homework is there. In modern times, there are no excuses in my classroom that begin with -oh I was absent.... NOPE ... can’t use the absent excuse ever again because it’s always(the days lesson and all of its components) is always posted on Schoology. I can reach my students and they can reach me 24/7.... just like Facebook but totally secure and safe.

What do you dislike?

There’s really only one thing I did not like about the product. Every day when you go to list whatever you want to put on Schoology the first thing he does when it goes to sync on you go to the bottom of the list so as a teacher you have to go on to every single classroom. And move the work up to the top so that is the first thing the kids say. If I could change that the product will be perfect

There is only one complaint I have about I’m solving a lot because I can place every single thing I do up on the web space and students anywhere can access the work there’s no excuses anymore for not having it.

"Schoology"

What do you like best?

Schoology is a robust learning management system that has been adopted in my school district. It's a learning hub that is being used to create a customized learning experience for children, a place to track learner progress using the mastery gradebook, and a place where families are able to get a glimpse into their child's school experience and access classroom, school, and district information.

I work with younger children and teachers and am excited at the advances Schoology is making to make the platform accessible to all learners.

What do you dislike?

I really like the LMS, but have a couple of wishes. I wish that educators had the option to give parents/guardians the ability to comment on their child's work. It would be awesome to create a feedback loop for learning.

Schoology is a home base for everyone in the district. In the past, teachers had a variety of spots for children and families to access and/or share information, which was confusing for learners and families.

Project Manager
Graphic Design

"Very convenient program in training"

What do you like best?

I like to use this solution because the design of this service is extremelly simple to use. It has excellent ability to support our corporate education system, and I think this is a better feauture. I think this is the best way to make a target rating that is monitored from one main position and delivered in a standard workflow. This is a useful tool for teachers. I can integrate quizzes and the class book. Students can store their resources for research projects, and I can share links with them so they can access the house.

What do you dislike?

As for me, I have everything I need from this software. The whole process is super fast and organized.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We trust this platform because of its preventive design. It provides an opportunity to support our methods and new trainings, as well as its powerful integration. We like it.

With this platform, you can easily find out all the important information about your audience. You can create simple steps of information about what you should do next. Powerful tools to provide the right audience program. This is a very convenient platform and has great potential once you master the basics.

E-Learning

"Very Good"

What do you like best?

I really like Schology because as i am a teacher so with the use off Schoology i am able to improve my learning skills and also i am able to organize my course content in a more effective way.

What do you dislike?

I am not having any dislikes for Schoology as it is very good and useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As far as i have used Schoology i am having a great experience in using it, so i will recommend everyone to use Schoology as it will help you all to improve your skills and will also save your lots of time.

I have solved many of my problems with the use of Schoology and also i am able to get many benefits out of it.

Like i am able to improve my teaching skills with the use of Schoology.

Also it saves my lots of time.

Instructional Technology Coach
Education Management

"The only LMS to meet your K-12 needs"

What do you like best?

Schoology is intuitive and easy to use. It is the only LMS that is appropriate for K-12. Both the students and teachers enjoy using it. The parents like how they are kept informed by Schoology. The free app is also a big bonus. Teachers can grade from it, students can check information and parents can stay on top of what their students are doing. Schoology is also image friendly. That is one of the reasons it is so good for younger grades.

What do you dislike?

New features take a while to become fully functioning. There are using a bit of bugs to work out. Sometimes you need to wait to roll them out, because of the initial bugs and problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Schoology may not be perfect, but they do listen to feedback and diligently work on improving.

We are reaching all of our students with Schoology. It has made our 1:1 computer integration successful and student engagement has increased by leaps and bounds.

CRM Manager
Airlines/Aviation
(10,001+ employees)

"Great and very comfortable with learning."

What do you like best?

I guess it is the better way of making an aimed rating that is controlled from one main position and delivered in the standard workflow. I like to use that solution because of learning design, its perfect ability to support our useful and new system, and I guess its better future.

What do you dislike?

Really nothing bad about this platform I don't see. As for me, I have everything that I need from that software. All process is super fast and organized.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this software to you. With this platform, you will easily know all important information about your audience. Also, you will have a chance to increase the students' education. The ability to have open subjects about education qualification. You will concentrate and have the ability to increase all study process.

Actually, its perfect platform which allows to us have nice learning control system that has all the important tools. We have perfect chance to build content, design lessons, and make learning conception.

Education Instructor
Consumer Services

"All You Need for teaching in service"

What do you like best?

Schoology is popular with everyone, for students, teachers, and parents. Everyone will find a large number of pluses for themselves. Students like quality interesting lessons. You can continue chatting after classes and ask questions at any time. Students are captivated by the work and communication in Schoology, as it is like communicating in the social networks that are familiar to them. Teachers also like this service for high-quality work, modern and easy interface, a large number of interesting and important tools for work and for an ability to work with different documents. In addition, parents love Schoology, because they can control their children, learn their progress, attend lessons, schedule, etc.

What do you dislike?

Indeed, there are functions that need to be improved, for example, the mobile application is slightly behind the desktop version. Also chatting sometimes hangs, but despite all this, I like to use. Schoology has all I need to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This platform is qualitative, good and easy. Most importantly than Schoology is interesting for the students.

Working in Schoology is a pleasure. We discuss the material with the students. Honestly, even those who often skipped classes began to visit them more often, because they also want to take part in fascinating conversations, disputes, and games. The product is good, but it all depends on the teacher.

Chemistry Teacher

"Schoology"

What do you like best?

Schoology is easy to use to deliver digital assignments and content to my students. As long as my students have internet access they can keep up with work when they are not in school. The platform also give us an easy way to communicate with students.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app lacks some features that are available on the website. I wish updates to the product would be rolled out faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try the free version and if you like it make sure your district checks out the enterprise options which has more features.

My students are no longer absent when they miss class. They can follow along with assignments in schoology. I have also been creating more digital content to use in my classes.

"Schoology (Enterprise Version) - Almost Perfect"

What do you like best?

Schoology is an LMS and like many LMS' it does an excellent job at creating a place where users can communicate and exchange classroom resources and or ideas. The ability to upload a variety of file types and organize items through the use of folders in courses or groups makes finding items easy for members. Courses offer a gradebook, a space for material organization, and updates to ensure that communication between parents, teachers, and students is at the users fingertips.

What do you dislike?

While the "look" is reminiscent of the early stages of Facebook, which makes it very user friendly and intuitive. The "feel" of Schoology definitely lacks much needed simple commands and tasks that have not been addressed since the launch of Schoology based on feedback found in the Schoology help center by the schoology community. A few specific examples: the inability to edit or delete update attachments, inability to create a blank student roster with a native Schoology button, just to name a few.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Compare as many LMS' as you can, and definitely have teachers on board to pilot the item, using real students whenever possible.

Our school district needed a true Learning Management, which is why we adopted Schoology Enterprise. One of the main benefits district wide has been transparency by all users: parents, students, and teachers.

Student

"Efficient, effective communication & organization"

What do you like best?

As a student, Schoology makes it incredibly easy for me to communicate with teachers and check my grades. I also especially like the fact that both classes and groups (i.e. extracurricular activities) can have pages on Schoology, allowing for great organization.

What do you dislike?

The user interface on the desktop and mobile apps should be updated to be more visually appealing. As a teacher, the making and organization of folders is not very intuitive; I suggest There are no major errors with the software, however.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A very valuable product that will only consider to grow.

Schoology streamlines the communication process between students and teachers. It is very convenient to access learning materials from home and see everything "in one place."

ESL teacher

"Easy to use platform for all aspects of instruction"

What do you like best?

Schoology allows teachers to create courses and assignments within those courses. You can also add in quizzes that are graded automatically. It makes it easy to set up a classroom routine once students know how to use it. Put in your do nows and assignments, then let students work as you take questions and assist as needed.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little difficult to connect it to our other online platform for grading.

For a professional development session, I created a course and did not have to copy multiple packets. For the classroom, in conjunction with the Classroom app, students can be working and I can be monitoring their work as I circulate and assist. There is less paper to store, also.

Testing Coordinator
Education Management

"So many features and easy to learn"

What do you like best?

You can do so much with it. I'm not a teacher so I don't use it like most would. I use it to train and share information with teachers. I can post files (and connect OneDrive), make quizzes, get instant data on my "students", share information, make discussions, etc. It is great fr our actually students who will have to learn how to use similar learning management systems in college.

What do you dislike?

I'm really trying to think of things I don't like but I'm not coming up with anything. Again, I don't use it like a teacher would. I'm sure they could come up with a list of features they want. Even then, Schoology is always upping their game by adding new features.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Really invest in it and roll it out well. If teachers know it is going to stick around, they will invest in learning how to use it and implementing it into their classrooms.

I can get information out to teams of people very quickly and easily and interact with them even when we can't find time to meet face-to-face. Sharing resources got so much easier when our school invested in Schoology.

Reading Teacher

"Schoology"

What do you like best?

As a teacher - it is very easy for me to post assignments , grades, and resources for students and parents. As a parent - this is VERY CONFUSING!!!!! It does appear to be like a "facebook" type of feed, but there are lots of information that is posted that you would have to change your settings. I do like that my children's accounts can be linked into one and that I can message a teacher from the site. As a teacher - parents do not check at the younger grades. It is easier send an email to parents to share important information.

What do you dislike?

Parents do not utilize Schoology at the younger grades. There needs to be training in how to use the program for teachers and parents. Seeing student's grades/report cards you have to click on lots of links just to get information. I want to be able to see an entire report card with comments and grades on one page similar to Progress Book. Site is very confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not recommended for younger grades - good fit for middle school and high school students/parents

It is similar to a Facebook type feed so it is a very easy format that is familiars to families.

CRM Manager
Consumer Goods

"Very good platform to increase our education skills. "

What do you like best?

I like the open way of education session. I can make productive work. To make my lessons interesting to my audience. The easy way to be more bright at knowledge. I like that I can increase education level.

What do you dislike?

A good solution to sort out a lot of information. I have nothing negative about this software. To learn about that product is quite simple. Everything in the right place. A lot of information is coming and time to time cant find the right page which I necessary need.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The software is wonderful. Very good to know all information about students. The ability to have open subjects about education skills. Gives a right to control all students progress. You can create easy steps of information what to follow next. Powerful tools to give a right program to the audience.

The very good way to work with that software. The ability to work on new learning system. Very strong integration of knowledge. We are working with higher trust. And completely sure that this big step in learning system will make a big change.

English Teacher (9-12)
Primary/Secondary Education

"Schoology: An sophisticated LMS"

What do you like best?

As an avid user of Schoology, I thoroughly enjoy the functionality of the assessment feature. Schoology's app is also extremely attractive compared to other LMS programs.

What do you dislike?

I have reached out to Schoology several times about allowing teachers to pay individually for Schoology.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Schoology is a reliable LMS. However, the app occasionally experiences some issues. I found the website Schoology.com extremely efficient. There have been instances when the website has gone down, but overall, Schoology provides frequent input about when the site will be updated. I have also participated in several Schoology surveys, which clearly demonstrates that they care about the user feedback. The Schoology groups are also incredibly helpful. Anyone new to using Schoology should join the community of users on the Schoology Educators group. The group includes a diverse array of Schoology users (both Enterprise and Basic) that help troubleshoot and share instructional materials. It is a wonderful resource.

As an avid user of Schoology, I thoroughly enjoy the functionality of the assessment feature. Having explored many other online quiz and assessment websites, I strongly recommend this platform due to its various features that simply not offered on other tools without having to pay for them. Schoology connects to other instructional apps like Back Channel, Khan Academy, and Youtube. Overall, Schoology is reliable and includes many features that Google Suite does not offer.

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

Schoology has helped transform our classroom. It has been excellent for assessment, feedback, and differentiation in the classroom. It can be used for all learners regardless of the age groups. I use this for the classroom, professional development, and more!

What do you dislike?

There are not many things that I dislike about this platform. If I can provide suggestions it would be to add additional colors, fonts, and differ to make it more kid friendly. It already is exceptional for education and adult learning. Other than that, there are not any areas that I see for there are not many things that I dislike about this platform. If I can provide suggestions it would be to add additional colors, fonts, and different to make it more kid friendly. It already is exceptional for education and adult learning. Other than that, there are not any areas that I see improvement.

How to blend learning at home!

Coordinator of Online Learning & Technology Integration K-12

"Schoology is GREAT for ALL grade levels!"

What do you like best?

I love that Schoology can be my one-stop shop for all that I want to do with my students and staff. It can take care of attendance (and tracking students who are tardy/absent), communicate with home/parents, allow for assessing students in a variety of ways. I love that I can use this with K-12 students AND with our district staff.

What do you dislike?

I would like the graphics to be larger for the younger students and that the app allowed images to show up. I would love for them to stop using FLASH.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend using Schoology in any educational setting. It allows your staff to do their job more efficiently.

It helps teachers communicate with students and parents efficiently. It saves time by allowing class time to be used doing/creating, rather than trying to get students to type in a web link. It has revolutionized how teachers instruct.

2nd and 3rd grade German Immersion Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education

"Handy tool to track grades and assignments"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of connecting assignments and grades into the Gradebook.

I also like that parents can access their kid's grades at any time even though not all parents have signed up.

What do you dislike?

Once you have a lot of data (grades) it takes a while to load the most recent entry columns.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very user friendly platform and has a lot of potential once you have mastered the basics. It requires some training but it can make assessing across multiple groups and planning for a team very easy.

I am looking forward to exploring the tools more and creating more assessments with rubrics that can save paper and make grading and marking easier for years to come.

We are tracking students' progress through a standards based grading system. This program enables us to track their progress while sharing it with their parents in real-time.

"Schoology has changed my life as a teacher"

What do you like best?

It allows me to communicate more efficiently with parents and to eliminate excuses from students. It makes my students more productive when I am out with a sub - instruction and learning can continue because it is like I am there.

What do you dislike?

I wish that our district SIS was more compatible with Schoology. This is an issue on the SIS side not Schoology.I would like to see Schoology be able to handle PEIMS submissions so it would take the place of the SIS.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the easiest and most user friendly LMS around. It is a game changer.

Students lose less time when absent because all materials are accessible 24/7. Parents have more responsibility and access to their students work because they see everything their student sees. I like how FERPA rights are protected with what parents see when they log in.

Technology Coordinator/Admin Assistant
Education Management

"Easy to use for students and teachers"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and syncs with our student information system, really like to integration with Google and Google Drive. Schoology makes putting assignments, tests, and quizzes online easy for the teacher. You can archive your assignments to use for future use. The administrative setup is very easy. We use PowerSchool as our student information system and we have had no issues syncing user data as well as syncing our gradebook with Schoology. Our teachers use Schoology daily.

What do you dislike?

Some times there are syncing errors, syncing users can be tricky when using Google Sync. There isn't much to not like about this program. It is a little expensive but they keep adding features which helps with the cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a Google Apps for Education school this would be a great addition to your students and staff.

Easy access to assignments and tests. The new integration with Google Drive has been a great addition for teachers and students. Teachers can create a Google Doc for all students to use, the student then automatically makes a copy of that document and can use the document for essays, discussions, or collaborations with other students. The document then gets sent and submitted to the teacher. It shows the date and time the document was submitted just like a normal assignment. All of our teachers have been impressed with this new feature especially since we are a Google Apps for Education school.

Curriculum Coordinator
Education Management

"Cutting Edge LMS: Schoology"

What do you like best?

We transitioned to the Schoology LMS last spring and our staff and students love the platform. It is very teacher and student friendly. The gradebook is versatile gives real-time reports with meaningful information for both staff and students.

The leadership team at Schoology is proactive and listen to the needs of their customers. They roll out new features frequently and seek advice from key stakeholders.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a way to roll out curriculum edits from a district level to all courses using the materials and assessments in an easy manner. So far this is not available if you are allowing access via the smartphone apps for students.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have worked with several other LMS platforms and just completed my Ed.D. which required work in several platforms. I have found Schoology to be the most pleasant to engage with as an administrator of curriculum, teacher, and student.

The LMS allows us to roll out curriculum to schools in multiple states and manage resources and reports. Students and staff love that it models current social media interface patterns. Teachers like that they can communicate with students and even send them a recorded video with feedback if the student is unable to be in class for awhile.

Student
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Easily accessible for teachers and students of all ages"

What do you like best?

The most helpful thing about Schoology is the ease of communication and the ability to create private groups for learning/educational conversational purposes.

What do you dislike?

From time to time the links in the mainframe do not work. It is also easy to accidentally make it so you have to click through two pages in order to reach the desired link.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great tool for educators and large school districts.

Communications between students and teachers, posting grades and announcements. This program can be used to create small conversational groups for students to troubleshoot amongst each other, moderated by a faculty member.

AP

"Schoology - good for grades and assignments"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the ability to view all of my students, and give assignments that they can submit through the portal and immediately receive a grade. It also gives students a place to collect and organize all their learning materials, and access resources whenever they'd like. It has an interface much like Facebook, thus making it intuitive and easy to use among all generations. I especially enjoy and appreciate the assessment features of Schoology. I'ma able to proctor exams through the website, as well as easily grade the exams. It's green friendly in the fact that I no longer use paper in my classes.

What do you dislike?

It frequently will crash or delete students, and needs to be managed by my district's IT department. At times it also will log out some users and delete content. It also lacks many simple features that would allow for an easier experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You certainly should look into Schoology, but investigate the resources that your school has. If you could afford something more, then maybe you should upgrade.

It's an easier way to manage my thirty-eight students. I've benefited from the ability to grade my students immediately and have their grades updated on a weekly basis, for the student's and their parent's sake. No longer is there the need to have face-to-face dialogue as students are able to see how they have scored and why they scored the way that they did.

Teacher Candidate
Primary/Secondary Education

"Schoology as a Learning Management Platform"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that Schoology can be the "one stop shop" for my students throughout their entire school day. Assignments, quizzes, discussion forums, media albums, portfolios, links, videos, and files can all be listed and accessed through Schoology and several sites (such as Padlet and YouTube) embed their content right into the page.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that currently, in the iPad version, there isn't a way for students to see a list of their missing assignments. It would be extremely beneficial to add this. Also parents seem to have a difficult time navigating Schoology and finding the information they need-- we hear many parent complaints but it could just be because we have only been using the program for going on 4 years now. Additionally I have found that the app, especially on mobile devices, could be more user-friendly and aesthetically pleasing. On some pages, a desktop view is the only option, with tiny print and buttons. It should be upgraded to have maximum functionality as an app, especially because this is the way that the majority of the users in our district use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Schoology has all the functionality of Google classroom with more features. This teacher definitely recommends it!

It is easy to collaborate as a grade level team and share resources through Schoology. I am also able to communicate with parents and students, upload content, grade student submissions and create personalized learning experiences for my students through the platform of Schoology.

Event Marketing Manager
Gambling & Casinos

"The fast and better way to learning."

What do you like best?

With this software, I and my audience can have a centralized place to continue important discussions after class. Much better to increase connection and sharing via departments.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to add bad about the work with this platform. It is very open subject and doesn't have any problems at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The wonderful platform which will bring a lot of help. With this software, you can simply to make an objectives-aligned rating that is controllable from one central position and delivered in the normal course workflow.

For sure, it makes learning and training simpler, much easy. I can say that it makes flexible, self-paced courses. We can control and track all our progress. Also, we can create a better data-informed resolution. The great platform which helps us to grow employee engagement.

Director of Instructional Technology

"Schoology - The LMS you are looking for"

What do you like best?

The best part of Schoology is the ease of use. I couldn't believe how quickly our staff picked up the use. Most of our teachers use it on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

There are some downsides to using the Schoology App. Some of the functions you find online do not work in the App

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It truly saved our 1:1 initiative and gave us a tool to be successful.

Our biggest problem was not having a focus. We needed a solution that all our teachers could use and learn quickly. Schoology was that solution.

Writing Center Tutor
Higher Education

"Schoology Review"

What do you like best?

Schoology is a great resource to use to keep the digital side of one's classroom organized and regulated. Teachers, students, and parents, alike, can join the class with a special code so that every member is always in the loop regarding what is going on in class.

What do you dislike?

Schoology is not always the easiest tool for people to learn. Now that I have become familiar with it, it is useful for me, but for parents/ students, I have found that some may struggle with getting the hang of accessing the tools they need through the program.

Now that education is becoming increasingly more dependent on technology, this is a great tool to use to help students succeed since all of the materials, assignments, grades, etc., are in one place.

"All in one LMS"

What do you like best?

I like being able to store all of my course materials in one place. My calendar, blog, updates, course materials, assessments and anything else that I can think of are all in one place.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a way to moderate quizzes/tests like the features of Canvas. This would allow me to check for cheating when students are taking quizzes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend the time to build the course that works best for you. Don't simply adopt someone else's course.

I have been able to cut down on my day to day grading using Schoology. Students turn in very little paper to me and mostly take homework "quizzes" that can be graded quickly and efficiently. This allows me to spend more time creating engaging lessons compared to constantly grading.

Principal Manager
Primary/Secondary Education

"The best learning system"

What do you like best?

Most what I like that a great way of the education session. Gives me a chance to make my teaching and the pupils learning stronger. Easy to use. Making a cooperative way of learning.

What do you dislike?

I like that software. I have nothing bad to say about the platform. We are working on that solution and it's quite nice. Yes, sometimes I have confused about how to find some page which I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for students and gives perfect way to check their progress, will be easy to see what will come next. Everything what you will need for teaching. I recommend it.

We trust that platform because of its preventative design. Gives the ability to support our methods and new teaching, and its powerful integration.We like it.

Gifted Education Teacher
Education Management

"Schoology is Worth the Money Comparing to Google Classroom"

What do you like best?

Schoology offers teachers an interactive classroom management tool for assignments and submissions that is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Schoology does not have a spell check factor and it can be disheartening when putting together lesson goals, objectives, and directions in an assignment.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pros: As a teacher I really like this program (there is also an app for Android and IPhones). This allows parnets in Schoolog to keep track of their child's grade and puts accountability of the big three - teachers, students, and parents. The timestamp feature allows me to see EXACTLY when assignments have been completed. A grading system is available, although it is not utilized by our school district.Quizzes and tests and other assessments (inlcuding rubrics) can be created with Schoology. I have especially enjoyed the "Archives" section where I can search through assignments that I did last year, copy & paste, and then make improvements year-in/year-out. The interface looks similar to Facebook and easy to navigate on a computer.

Cons: None of the parents really talk about the App or the ease of use that Schoology represents on the computer. Rubrics and tests can be cumbersome to create and there is no spell check for typing purposes! When Google Slides is uploaded it generally has some formatting errors too. My school district has not implemented a connection with Infinite Campus (I'm not sure if PowerSchools does). Therefore, current grades, absences & lateness, and homework assignments are all posted in Infiniate Campus and not Schoology - even though those features are avaialble.

Overall: - An excellent educational tool that allows for accountability on all grounds.

Schoology is meant for more educational institutions. However, data can be collected with Schoology in a variety of ways.

Varsity Dance Team Coach

"Schoology Review"

What do you like best?

I love how easy Schoology is to use, and how it is a "one stop shop" as far as teaching goes. I can assign and collect homework, post updates, communicate with students, give quizzes and tests, and track grades and data.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike about Schoology; it is one of my favorite teaching tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you understand all of the capabilities of Schoology; don't sell yourself short when using it! There are so many features that will make your teaching life much easier.

Teaching has become much easier with Schoology. Schoology eliminates having to manually collect papers, and it solves the issue of students claiming they turned something in when they did not. I can track when students open assignments, when they submit, and the assignments are there all year long, so I can refer back to the assignments for data tracking at any time. It is a wonderful way to keep myself and students organized.

AE

"Schoology's Classroom Applications"

What do you like best?

Schoology Streamlines the teaching process on many different levels. It allows me to layer more peer to peer interaction, immediately assess my students and also puts my mind at easy when I need a substitute teacher in the classroom. Schoology has made my life so much easier in many circumstances and I will continue to use it to enhance my students learning experience.

A feature of schoology I have begun to use this year involves creating discussion threads for most of my sections of Psychology. I am able to pose a discussion question in relation to the units subject matter and allow students to continue their discussions outside of the classroom. This allows me to not only supplement what we cover in class, but also move the curriculum forward under the rigors of an AP schedule. The discussion thread is also made easy to assess from the teachers point of view. I can simply select a students name and see exactly what/when they have written their threads.

I begin and end each class with an assessment for my students. I used to have students journal their responses and would have to wait until class was over to assess their responses. Now, with schoology I can see their response appear in real time as they are completing the assessment. Each student's name appears as they finish and I can change the entire dynamic of my lesson based on their response. I can modify if they are struggling with a concept or redirect in the right direction if they are struggling. This tool is invaluable for a teacher who needs to modify on the fly