Pin Payments Reviews & Product Details

What is Pin Payments?

Pin Payments provides your business with a platform for accepting payments online.

Pin Payments Screenshots

Pin Payments Reviews

1-25 of 29 total Pin Payments reviews
Digital Marketing Strategist
(Myself Only)

"A Must For International Business w/ Outstanding Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I needed a solution to be able to charge credit cards from around the world, at any time. I was taking credit card numbers over the phone and setting this up while abroad was a nightmare. Then I found Pin. Good pricing, simple interface, and the customer service is really that good.

Also, I wanted a solution that would never penalize my customer for using international cards. This was important.

What do you dislike?

It would be good to see more features added to the interface. it would be nice to be able to set up a series of charges to a particular card, and forget about it. Sometimes my customer might want to break a payment up into 2 or 3 payments, or monthly etc. Having these charges automatically taken care of would be awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

An excellent, lightweight, solid product that does exactly what it says - with a customer service team who pre-empt further questions and provide answers before they are even asked.

Having people pay in advance means that there is no more chasing money - ever. Depending on what country the money is coming from the time for transfers to land may take between 3-7 days total, but this is much better than dealing with wire transfers, etc.

"Comprehensive API"

What do you like best?

Being able to onboard new clients easily without requiring them to first apply for a merchant account with a bank. They can apply for a Pin account in minutes and I can have their website up and running and accepting credit card payments quickly.

What do you dislike?

Most of my clients do not require the address of their customers so the website doesn't ask for this extra information. Unfortunately this means they have to contact Pin Payments directly to have the validation relaxed to allow credit card payments without address information.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try

Allowing multiple clients, mostly non-profits, to accept credit card payments via my websites. Using Pin Payments has removed a large barrier to entry for the smaller groups who previously would have relied on cash receipts.

"The worst payment provider"

What do you like best?

Pin were happy to accept charges for our customers. They told us we'd have funds within 3 days of customers making payments, unfortunately they decided not to do this and instead withhold funds. So far its been over 30 days since customers making the first payments and Pin have withheld thousands of dollars from us and refuse to pay it out. Additionally of this they regular ignore support tickets and take upwards of a week to respond only to be met with lacklustre responses.

What do you dislike?

They refuse to actually do what they advertise. They make out to be a support of business, but instead they hide behind their terms and conditions and refuse to actually make good on what their core business is, accepting payments from customers and delivering those funds to the business.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Avoid using Pin payments at all costs. They refuse to answer customers in a timely fashion, withhold money when they feel like it and generally could care less about their customers.

We're not solving any, in fact its been quite the opposite. Pin have given us nothing but heartache and could care less what detriment they cause to business.

Owner

"Simple, quick, good value: sweet!"

What do you like best?

It was very easy indeed to set up, and runs so smoothly we seldom have to think about it.

What do you dislike?

No issues or problems so far. Why do I have to take 20 characters to tell you that?

We run a small holiday accomm business on our rural property. A couple of years ago we finally retired the old "phone us with your credit card details" routine, and added a self-serve booking and payment engine to our web site. Our bank of 20+ years wanted AUD$200/month for a merchant account, steep percentage of each transaction, minimum monthly spend, and an extra layer of web site security because we are in the "high-risk travel industry". Of course, dear bank, people use stolen credit cards to book a weekend in the country all the time...

So anyhow we looked for a 3rd-party payment gateway, found Pin Payments, no regrets at all.

Our conversion rate from enquiry to paid booking has gone up a lot, because it's just a button-press. No more waiting to see if payments will come through, or phoning guests back to chase payment.

The Pin Payments component of all this has been simple to implement, economical in use, and totally reliable.

(Myself Only)

"Thoroughly satisfied for over three years"

What do you like best?

I love that I don't have to use PayPal! Automatic payout to my bank, ok fees, good support.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a payment device, but that's just quibbling, given how expensive that would be for them to develop/provide.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's nice to see an Australian company in the online payments space, with a clearly presented product that works well. Pin Payments accepts American Express now as well, which means that for the moment, it covers all major card types in Australia without differentiated fee structures. I've found customer service and technical support to be responsive and open.

Online payments for customers, without the hassle of a merchant gateway, etc. Simple, low cost for a modest volume of transactions compared to most other providers.

Co-Founder & CPO

"Responsive and Reliable, both the team and the software."

What do you like best?

Implementation was easy and when we did need to ask a question it was not only answered, there was follow up.

What do you dislike?

I genuinely can't think of anything. It's been so seamless.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This goes for any provider - Try and understand the integration process a little in advance. All providers have their way of solving complex issues and it's better for users to understand them going in.

Pin Payments provide our up front payment and subscription payment solutions. Being able to handle the subs so easily made a huge difference to our ability to on-board customers, especially in a vertical that suffers a great deal of online apprehension.

Executive Manager

"Fantastic product, amazing service, keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

I have been thrilled with pinpayments since moving over from accepting cc via paypal. Their rates were good, ease of use was much better, and their offering was just what we needed for our company. Their service is simply amazing, and I was so pleased when they recently updated their offerings to a) link with xero and b) automatically add cc fees without me having to calculate and add. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for an easy, low cost, pay as you use, cc platform. Thank you!

What do you dislike?

I haven't disliked anything about pinpayments. It has improved as it gets older and more developed. I can now send forms over the internet, and customers can pay direct from xero generated invoice. These are great features making my life easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it.

We used Pin Payments to accept credit card, for our customers that wish to pay this way. The benefits are pleasing customers who really want to pay via cc, and getting paid sooner in some cases.

Motion Pictures and Film

"PIN payments for Sole Traders / consultants "

What do you like best?

I use Paypal and PIN payments for international and some domestic sales payments. I have used PIN payments for over a year and found it an excellent method of receiving payments as I can process chargers in the field or in the Hotel using my phone or laptop all over the world as long as I have the internet. Many of my clients prefer credit card payments than paypal or bank transfer so pin payments is great. With the option of having the processing fee charged in a payment link is also helping with my charge costs. From an event in Belgium, France , UK to one in Australia or US I can get that sale and payment with minimum of fuss and cost. My clients love as well.

What do you dislike?

not being able to add processing fee to a charge now option and having no card reader.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your a sole trader, or small business its great for those on the road chargers

Not having to deal with Mastercard or visa Direct. Payments processed into my account in 3-4 days

Company Director
Photography
(Myself Only)

"PIN Payments provides a reliable and secure way for clients to pay on-line"

What do you like best?

My experience using PIN Payments has been excellent. My clients simply click-through from the link on their invoice and can choose to pay by credit card. The option of having the client pay the transaction fee is a great alternative to having to absorb the cost into my overheads.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike about PIN Payments!

For sure, adding the transaction fee to the client payment is important, and having the option of taking card payments (in addition to direct deposit), encourages clients to pay on time.

CEO and Founder

"Full featured and reliable payment gateway service - easy integration"

What do you like best?

I've developed a number of payment transaction sites but working with Pin Payments was extremely easy and provided all the functionality we need. In particular support for multiple currencies and low transaction fees.

What do you dislike?

Pin Payments initially only had some features we needed in Beta but they supported well and no problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ease of use integrating and support is good.

Monthly and yearly subscriptions for a SaaS (Software as a Service) business. They benefits were the ease of setup, integration and ongoing costs.

"Perfect Merchant facility "

What do you like best?

being a part time business, that travels overseas and has customers in Australia, we have found PinPayments to be the best facility for cross border and domestic transactions. The fees are reasonable and not having a monthly fee is very attractive. Staff have been most helpful over the years, but to be honest, we don't have much interaction with the company as the system runs very smoothly.

What do you dislike?

To send receipts to customers, I screen shot and send the receipt as a text. It would be easier if there was a share function in the app to do this. It's not a huge problem, just a little inconvenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

absolutely recommend PinPayments. It has been perfect for our business.

Being overseas and being able to use this to take immediate payment from our customers is fantastic. Most banks don't offer this!

Principal Consultant

"Big solution for a small business"

What do you like best?

They're local. You can talk to real people. They were readily, available and willing to answer my questions when I needed.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I actually dislike. Admittedly, I am not a hugely demanding customer.

I have customers who pay by credit card. Not a lot, but they need me to have a credit card facility. So, it's critical for sales. No credit card facility - no sale.

It's also great to avoid the huge hassle of US financial governance rules being applied to Australia. Have you been grilled by PayPal? And they won't give you your money until they have everything including trust details and so on. I don't have time for this.

CEO

"Pin Payments works flawlessly, I would definitely recommend it to others"

What do you like best?

The best part for us is that we can take payments in USD and settle the funds to our NAB us currency account. Other payment processors like Stripe cant do that, so it saves us a lot of money in transaction fees

What do you dislike?

Nothing! It is a great product, which I highly recomend

Our US currency needs was the big winning feature for us

Director Customer Solutions
Telecommunications

"Pin Payment Review"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of being able to customise to each customer we have.

What do you dislike?

The way we use it works for our company. I am sure that we don't take advantage of all the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We use Pin Payment as we could not get a merchant account for credit card payments. This was the easiest way we could accept credit payments for our customers who pay on invoice. It will be great when they expand internationally.

It solves a massive issue in not being able to get a merchant account with a bank. and in the end it using pin payment was cheaper, easier and flexible.

Webmaster
(Myself Only)

"An affordable online payment system"

What do you like best?

Links can be quickly generated that can be embedded in web pages making it easy for the customer to pay. You then receive an instant notification of the payment plus there is an easy to access list of all payments made which eliminated confusion as to who has paid and when.

What do you dislike?

There are no negatives I can identify at this stage.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pin Payments is ideal for small businesses wanting an affordable online payment system

Previously, payments were made by cheque and EFT which created a lot of work when reconciling payments from two different systems. Pin Payments eliminates this extra work.

(Myself Only)

"Easy card payments, easy to set up."

What do you like best?

The set up process was no fuss and didn't take long at all.

What do you dislike?

The clearance time is a little slow, one payment took around 4 days after payment to turn up in my account.

Taking credit card payments without having to use PayPal and no merchant fees.

Mrs
(Myself Only)

"So simple and easy to use, and great fees!"

What do you like best?

Awesome customer service, clear consistent communications, professional interface, easy and simple to use and understand.

What do you dislike?

nothing that I dont like about pin paymentts

Simple system to ensure fast payment, making things simple for my customers and me!

Manager
Retail

"Superior customer service from an Australian-owned & operated company"

What do you like best?

Excellent customer service and features that suit my businesses from an Australian provider.

What do you dislike?

It does not yet have the ability to accept other payment types, but for credit cards, it is perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will not regret the switch.

The ability to accept payments online or on the go.

Partner Director

"Love this product"

What do you like best?

This is a great payment gateway. Easy to use and well priced.

What do you dislike?

Slightly too long a delay on processing and slightly difficult to price for customers (have to calculate the total inclusive of fees yourself) but these are minor issues. I love the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it.

Saves having to lease an EFTPOS machine to take CC payments. Much more efficient.

Event Manager

"Realy happy with Pin"

What do you like best?

Simple to use, low fee's and no physical facility required to be purchased. Staff are also really friendly and quick to reply when I have asked a question. Lastly, love that they are a local business!

What do you dislike?

Would be good if monthly statements were saved in my account for easy reference

Clients all want to pay by credit card

Mr
(Myself Only)

"Excellent service and product, Australia based!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that Pin Payment is based in Australia. Definitely a pro in my books. Also love the ability to capture and tokenize payment details. 2fa for the login.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I particularly dislike about Pin Payments.

Pin Payments provides an online payment gateway for my website. I regularly recommend Pin Payments to clients.

UF

"Using the Charges and Transfer tabs on Pin Payment dashboard"

What do you like best?

I find the dashboard really easy to navigate and is simple to use.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I am searching a customers name the search result lists names similar to that name and the name I am looking for doesn't always appear first, its further down the list. Apart from that I enjoy using the dashboard and am on there for hours a day.

Pin payments is our service provider for our customers paying both in and out of our account. We can see the various card alerts immediately so we can act accordingly.

Managing Director
Retail

"Excellent Service - Like A Breath Of Fresh Air - Being Able To Speak To A Real Person"

What do you like best?

Very helpful, personable & quick to provide assistance

Restful API's - very good documentation

Verification of card holders to avoid chagebacks

What do you dislike?

No API for Verification of card holders to avoid chagebacks. However, we are advised that this is coming soon.

Ability to take payments with confidence online.

CEO & Founder
Real Estate

"Excellent support, detailed documentation and strong feature set"

What do you like best?

- Local Australian Support

- Detailed Development Documentation

- Pay-in and Pay-out Functionality

- Competitive Rates

What do you dislike?

Brand not as strong as PayPal or Stripe however a strong presence in Australia.

Integrated payment gateway that handles both Pay-In and Pay-Out.

Director

"Great add-on to any business seeking to receipt online payments and subscriptions."

What do you like best?

simplicity and service offered, personalised service and accommodating

What do you dislike?

delay in transfer of funds to your account, however, this was resolved and a satisfactory result achieved.

faster payments and ability to on-charge fees. implementation of subscription billing.

Pin Payments User Ratings

8.7
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.4*
* Payment Processing Category
Do you work for Pin Payments?

Pin Payments Categories on G2