Pin Payments Reviews & Product Details

Pin Payments Overview

What is Pin Payments?

Pin Payments provides your business with a platform for accepting payments online.

Pin Payments Details

Pin Payments
2011
Melbourne, Australia
@PinPayments

Pin Payments Screenshots

Pin Payments Reviews

Showing 32 Pin Payments reviews
Already have Pin Payments?
AS
What do you like best?

Very little... Made me jump through hoops to register and make it work Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

After 3 weeks after spending money and time in integrating the pinpayment to my ecommerce site, Pin Payment pulled the pin without a reason.

They would not offer any.

Wastes heaps of time and money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They arbitrary said they did want to process my payments.

No reason given..

After 3 weeks being registered and only 1 week after going live.

A complete debacle Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Credit card payments for ecommerce site Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Once set up, it is automatic. I just let them do their thing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing yet! . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pin Payments is easy to use, and offers another payment method to our recurring customer base. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The payment gateway was offered withing a booking system that we subscribe to. Now almost a quarter of our sales are processed this way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AS
What do you like best?

Quick to implement, you can take a payment almost straight away and the API are easy to integrate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unexpected / Unexplained payment holds. Payment policies change with very little notice. For example, after years of doing business with them, they ask for updated ID. No problems, then they ask for more ID, and more ID and more ID again. It's almost like a fishing expedition or like Life Insurance from the Commonwealth Bank. They want to find a reason to hold onto your cash. The problem is this, you can't trust them to pay. If you take a large amount, they might put a payment hold. If you don't use them, they might put a payment hold. If they don't like your ID, even though nothing has been changed, possible payment hold. The problem is, they will still take the customer's money, so you're on the hook to ship product without knowing if you'll ever get the funds. I spoke with a manger, got it all sorted out, and two days later, they are at me AGAIN - like a never ending merry go around.

For the record, we processed over $100k of transactions, never had a chargeback in a low risk industry, if you are in B2C, you're going to get nailed!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Payment by customers who prefer not to use Paypal or Afterpay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

Pin were happy to accept charges for our customers. They told us we'd have funds within 3 days of customers making payments, unfortunately they decided not to do this and instead withhold funds. So far its been over 30 days since customers making the first payments and Pin have withheld thousands of dollars from us and refuse to pay it out. Additionally of this they regular ignore support tickets and take upwards of a week to respond only to be met with lacklustre responses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They refuse to actually do what they advertise. They make out to be a support of business, but instead they hide behind their terms and conditions and refuse to actually make good on what their core business is, accepting payments from customers and delivering those funds to the business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Avoid using Pin payments at all costs. They refuse to answer customers in a timely fashion, withhold money when they feel like it and generally could care less about their customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're not solving any, in fact its been quite the opposite. Pin have given us nothing but heartache and could care less what detriment they cause to business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder & CPO
What do you like best?

Implementation was easy and when we did need to ask a question it was not only answered, there was follow up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I genuinely can't think of anything. It's been so seamless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This goes for any provider - Try and understand the integration process a little in advance. All providers have their way of solving complex issues and it's better for users to understand them going in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pin Payments provide our up front payment and subscription payment solutions. Being able to handle the subs so easily made a huge difference to our ability to on-board customers, especially in a vertical that suffers a great deal of online apprehension. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

It was very easy indeed to set up, and runs so smoothly we seldom have to think about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No issues or problems so far. Why do I have to take 20 characters to tell you that? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We run a small holiday accomm business on our rural property. A couple of years ago we finally retired the old "phone us with your credit card details" routine, and added a self-serve booking and payment engine to our web site. Our bank of 20+ years wanted AUD$200/month for a merchant account, steep percentage of each transaction, minimum monthly spend, and an extra layer of web site security because we are in the "high-risk travel industry". Of course, dear bank, people use stolen credit cards to book a weekend in the country all the time...

So anyhow we looked for a 3rd-party payment gateway, found Pin Payments, no regrets at all.

Our conversion rate from enquiry to paid booking has gone up a lot, because it's just a button-press. No more waiting to see if payments will come through, or phoning guests back to chase payment.

The Pin Payments component of all this has been simple to implement, economical in use, and totally reliable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

being a part time business, that travels overseas and has customers in Australia, we have found PinPayments to be the best facility for cross border and domestic transactions. The fees are reasonable and not having a monthly fee is very attractive. Staff have been most helpful over the years, but to be honest, we don't have much interaction with the company as the system runs very smoothly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To send receipts to customers, I screen shot and send the receipt as a text. It would be easier if there was a share function in the app to do this. It's not a huge problem, just a little inconvenient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

absolutely recommend PinPayments. It has been perfect for our business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being overseas and being able to use this to take immediate payment from our customers is fantastic. Most banks don't offer this! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mrs
What do you like best?

Awesome customer service, clear consistent communications, professional interface, easy and simple to use and understand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing that I dont like about pin paymentts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Simple system to ensure fast payment, making things simple for my customers and me! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

The best part for us is that we can take payments in USD and settle the funds to our NAB us currency account. Other payment processors like Stripe cant do that, so it saves us a lot of money in transaction fees Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! It is a great product, which I highly recomend Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our US currency needs was the big winning feature for us Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Strategist
What do you like best?

I needed a solution to be able to charge credit cards from around the world, at any time. I was taking credit card numbers over the phone and setting this up while abroad was a nightmare. Then I found Pin. Good pricing, simple interface, and the customer service is really that good.

Also, I wanted a solution that would never penalize my customer for using international cards. This was important. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be good to see more features added to the interface. it would be nice to be able to set up a series of charges to a particular card, and forget about it. Sometimes my customer might want to break a payment up into 2 or 3 payments, or monthly etc. Having these charges automatically taken care of would be awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

An excellent, lightweight, solid product that does exactly what it says - with a customer service team who pre-empt further questions and provide answers before they are even asked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having people pay in advance means that there is no more chasing money - ever. Depending on what country the money is coming from the time for transfers to land may take between 3-7 days total, but this is much better than dealing with wire transfers, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
What do you like best?

Being able to onboard new clients easily without requiring them to first apply for a merchant account with a bank. They can apply for a Pin account in minutes and I can have their website up and running and accepting credit card payments quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Most of my clients do not require the address of their customers so the website doesn't ask for this extra information. Unfortunately this means they have to contact Pin Payments directly to have the validation relaxed to allow credit card payments without address information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allowing multiple clients, mostly non-profits, to accept credit card payments via my websites. Using Pin Payments has removed a large barrier to entry for the smaller groups who previously would have relied on cash receipts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

I love that I don't have to use PayPal! Automatic payout to my bank, ok fees, good support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a payment device, but that's just quibbling, given how expensive that would be for them to develop/provide. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's nice to see an Australian company in the online payments space, with a clearly presented product that works well. Pin Payments accepts American Express now as well, which means that for the moment, it covers all major card types in Australia without differentiated fee structures. I've found customer service and technical support to be responsive and open. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Online payments for customers, without the hassle of a merchant gateway, etc. Simple, low cost for a modest volume of transactions compared to most other providers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Company Director
Photography
What do you like best?

My experience using PIN Payments has been excellent. My clients simply click-through from the link on their invoice and can choose to pay by credit card. The option of having the client pay the transaction fee is a great alternative to having to absorb the cost into my overheads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike about PIN Payments! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For sure, adding the transaction fee to the client payment is important, and having the option of taking card payments (in addition to direct deposit), encourages clients to pay on time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO and Founder
What do you like best?

I've developed a number of payment transaction sites but working with Pin Payments was extremely easy and provided all the functionality we need. In particular support for multiple currencies and low transaction fees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Pin Payments initially only had some features we needed in Beta but they supported well and no problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ease of use integrating and support is good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Monthly and yearly subscriptions for a SaaS (Software as a Service) business. They benefits were the ease of setup, integration and ongoing costs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Manager
What do you like best?

I have been thrilled with pinpayments since moving over from accepting cc via paypal. Their rates were good, ease of use was much better, and their offering was just what we needed for our company. Their service is simply amazing, and I was so pleased when they recently updated their offerings to a) link with xero and b) automatically add cc fees without me having to calculate and add. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for an easy, low cost, pay as you use, cc platform. Thank you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't disliked anything about pinpayments. It has improved as it gets older and more developed. I can now send forms over the internet, and customers can pay direct from xero generated invoice. These are great features making my life easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used Pin Payments to accept credit card, for our customers that wish to pay this way. The benefits are pleasing customers who really want to pay via cc, and getting paid sooner in some cases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Motion Pictures and Film
What do you like best?

I use Paypal and PIN payments for international and some domestic sales payments. I have used PIN payments for over a year and found it an excellent method of receiving payments as I can process chargers in the field or in the Hotel using my phone or laptop all over the world as long as I have the internet. Many of my clients prefer credit card payments than paypal or bank transfer so pin payments is great. With the option of having the processing fee charged in a payment link is also helping with my charge costs. From an event in Belgium, France , UK to one in Australia or US I can get that sale and payment with minimum of fuss and cost. My clients love as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

not being able to add processing fee to a charge now option and having no card reader. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your a sole trader, or small business its great for those on the road chargers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not having to deal with Mastercard or visa Direct. Payments processed into my account in 3-4 days Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

it was easy to obtain the payment méthod i was looking for after days of ringing other providers. i am so grateful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing yet. i haven't come across any negatives yet. perhaps having to wait 7 working days before i get my money in to my account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go ahead. it is a very flexible product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has assisted me take payments in different currencies from different credit cards Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director Customer Solutions
Telecommunications
What do you like best?

The flexibility of being able to customise to each customer we have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The way we use it works for our company. I am sure that we don't take advantage of all the features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We use Pin Payment as we could not get a merchant account for credit card payments. This was the easiest way we could accept credit payments for our customers who pay on invoice. It will be great when they expand internationally. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It solves a massive issue in not being able to get a merchant account with a bank. and in the end it using pin payment was cheaper, easier and flexible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Partner Director
What do you like best?

This is a great payment gateway. Easy to use and well priced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Slightly too long a delay on processing and slightly difficult to price for customers (have to calculate the total inclusive of fees yourself) but these are minor issues. I love the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saves having to lease an EFTPOS machine to take CC payments. Much more efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Webmaster
What do you like best?

Links can be quickly generated that can be embedded in web pages making it easy for the customer to pay. You then receive an instant notification of the payment plus there is an easy to access list of all payments made which eliminated confusion as to who has paid and when. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are no negatives I can identify at this stage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pin Payments is ideal for small businesses wanting an affordable online payment system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Previously, payments were made by cheque and EFT which created a lot of work when reconciling payments from two different systems. Pin Payments eliminates this extra work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
What do you like best?

The set up process was no fuss and didn't take long at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The clearance time is a little slow, one payment took around 4 days after payment to turn up in my account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Taking credit card payments without having to use PayPal and no merchant fees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal Consultant
What do you like best?

They're local. You can talk to real people. They were readily, available and willing to answer my questions when I needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I actually dislike. Admittedly, I am not a hugely demanding customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have customers who pay by credit card. Not a lot, but they need me to have a credit card facility. So, it's critical for sales. No credit card facility - no sale.

It's also great to avoid the huge hassle of US financial governance rules being applied to Australia. Have you been grilled by PayPal? And they won't give you your money until they have everything including trust details and so on. I don't have time for this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mr
What do you like best?

I love the fact that Pin Payment is based in Australia. Definitely a pro in my books. Also love the ability to capture and tokenize payment details. 2fa for the login. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I particularly dislike about Pin Payments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pin Payments provides an online payment gateway for my website. I regularly recommend Pin Payments to clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Event Manager
What do you like best?

Simple to use, low fee's and no physical facility required to be purchased. Staff are also really friendly and quick to reply when I have asked a question. Lastly, love that they are a local business! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would be good if monthly statements were saved in my account for easy reference Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clients all want to pay by credit card Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager
Retail
What do you like best?

Excellent customer service and features that suit my businesses from an Australian provider. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does not yet have the ability to accept other payment types, but for credit cards, it is perfect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will not regret the switch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to accept payments online or on the go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Pin Payments?

Pin Payments Categories on G2