PaySimple Reviews & Product Details

PaySimple Overview

What is PaySimple?

Businesses come to PaySimple with a simple, but important need – a better way to accept payments. Developed for the unique needs of service-based businesses, PaySimple delivers flexible payment and billing solutions that are preferred by over 20,000 businesses each day. Unlike our competitors, PaySimple is committed to personalized service. Our customers receive unmatched, personal support with our dedicated customer success and care teams. With a robust API, PaySimple is a trusted technology partner for payment integrations; natively handling cashflow within SaaS products and mobile applications. Learn more or inquire about PaySimple at 800.466.0992 Specialties: Online Payments, Mobile Payments, POS, Recurring Billing, Customer Management, Online Payment Forms, E-Invoicing, Cashflow Reporting, eCheck processing, Dedicated Merchant Accounts, Payment Integration

PaySimple Details

Accept debit, credit card and echeck payments and offer customers the most convenient payment methods. Swipe it, create a web payment form, set up a recurring payment schedule, key it on a virtual terminal, or send an electronic invoice. The flexibility is endless.

PaySimple is focused on simplifying the lives of service based small businesses. With the ability to create an online store that sells services alongside products, merchants can market and sell their offerings in a whole new way. Combined with the ability to accept a variety of payment types on a single or recurring schedule, SMBs can create new revenue streams and engage with customers in meaningful ways. All of this ties into a robust customer management system that reconciles customer data, stores information in custom fields, and serves as the backbone of the PaySimple system.

PaySimple

PaySimple Reviews

Showing 71 PaySimple reviews
Already have PaySimple?
AL
What do you like best?

I love working with a company that actually helps you and cares about you! From our account manager to the chat help, everyone is always so helpful and nice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Working with a company that is continuing to grow and work to get everything that their customers want, is a phenomenal experience because you get to have a say in how certain aspects are developed. That can also be frustrating that as a company you have to maneuver your processes to meet where PaySimple is now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is so important to ask questions and to be patient. You account manager will do everything that they possibly can in order to help you, don't take that for granted. It doesn't exist very much anymore! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PaySimple has been so helpful in working with our in house development team to create a customer portal that uses their PaySimple API. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

The experience as a whole has been excellent. The ability to send invoices, post a link on my site for people to pay, and to collect payments myself with both Credit Card and ACH has helped my productivity and business grow. Also, the staff has continued to be helpful from the beginning. Approval was quick and simple, and when I wanted higher limits for ACH and lower costs for credit card processing, they handled my requests right away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd recommend expansion into the ability to send payments via ACH to vendors. I'd also recommend an integration with Quickbooks Desktop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make the move. Great service and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been able to get many of my customers using ACH instead of paper checks, which saves me time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in PaySimple
What do you like best?

PaySimple is an easy to use product with great pricing and great customer service. They check in with me on a regular basis to see if there are any needs, questions, or suggestions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For a few years now I have been asking for the ability for me to list it as a quote, not just an invoice. They say it is the works, but I haven’t see it yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not only is it a billing and invoicing solution for us, but for some of our clients as well. They have all been impressed with the product as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finance Manager
What do you like best?

I love the feel of the set up and how easy it is to move around. The main customer screen is what I like the best. At a glance, you can review current payment schedules set up, last and next payments that will run, the customer contact info, payment information, ect..... The customer service dept. is very easy to get a hold of and goes above and beyond to correct any issues or help you find answers. Very nice too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the ease of changing things and editing payment plans. When a customer wants to change from banking information to credit card, things have to be completly redone. You cannot just change it over.

Also, I dislike that the if a customer makes a one time payment and it is applied to the balance, the payment plan will still not stop on time when the balance is zero. We had one customer that ended up paying over by $600 something because the payment plan did not stop when it should have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to ensure that our customers have their weekly or monthly payments processed automatically. By doing a payment plan, the customer will also get an email as to what the balance is every time another payment runs. That cuts down on them calling in to get balance info. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

What I like best about paysimple is the ability and ease to process payments using e-checking account or credit card. The process is pretty straightforward and the results are quick and efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about paysimple is having to click on the calendar multiple times just select a specific pay date. For example if you have a payment that is reoccurring on the first of the month, you have to click the calendar two to three times before it populates the entry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a system to run payments from a checking account or credit card, this is the system you want to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits that we have realized with using paysimple is the ability to have a particular day of the month that a payment is drawn from a specific account. You're also able to make an immediate payment through the same structure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like using Paysimple because it has multiple features. The ease of taking one time payments or setting up specific future dates for payments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like processing the payment through the checking account because it can still be declined days after it's authorized due to the customer disputing the payment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Well as a business we are able to do phone payments without having to have the customer come into the office with a check or cash. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I love the fact it is so user friendly. You can link expenses with it as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were More tutorials involved so things were better understood Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend if you have a large database of customers. It helps keep everything extremely organized! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allowing monthly payments to auto withdraw it is a life safer Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of this modular is very good. You are able to put future payments for account holders and draft bank or credit card Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's tedious sometimes and you can't get out of something else you are doing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Able to do future payment processing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pulling future payments from account holders Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The simplicity of using the program daily Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Dashboard not showing the previous month Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helps me keep track of payments made or failed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that the amounts received are used as data to graph how much is collected per day/month/quarter, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that when I go to collect new payment, and I start typing in the customer name, that it doesn't show the full name until you select it. There are some customers that we have here that either have the same name, or same name with a different location tagged on the end of it, so it can be time consuming to click on the wrong one until it's the correct customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Paysimple, we are able to set clients up with recurring billing so that they do not have to call in/send a check when they have an amount due for their monthly services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

I like that it is fairly simple to handle ACH and CC clients in the same program. As long as there are no changes to the schedules, its fairly smooth sailing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I started from scratch and now have about 200 active customers, on pay simple. 1.) Customer service is available only during limited hours. I often have important questions before 10am or evenings or weekends, and they are closed... 2._ Common things like changing a customers billing/invoice date or amount are extremely confusing and you generally have to start from scratch everytime. Changing where the invoice/receipt gets sent are extremely confusing to navigate. 3.)When setting up an account, there is no space to put a clients phone number extension.. 4.) I was told at a certain benchmark I would be entitled to reduced billing fees. Now that I have qualified, I have inquired about this before and am getting the runaround for months. That is a bait and switch and I feel slighted. 5.) The fees are numerous and tough to understand. Ive done the math and when its al said and done, I'm paying 4%+ on my total CC/DB transactions..(even though the majority of my clients use VISA). There are many other monthly fees, costs, charges, and it adds up to a lot.

. Ive complained about these things before and I get a canned response that its in the works. Of course nothing ever changes. I have no other choice but to start comparing options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The customer service people are nice and helpful when they are available Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tech Geek
What do you like best?

As for me, it is the better step to accept payments, market services and, of course, the better way to hold our clients. It is a real pleasure to work with the most flexible payments platform. My company would like to have a faster process of payment acceptance. At least, it is will help me to save my time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Generally, the platform is working well and doesn't make any bad issue to my business. It was a few situations when we receive payments with some delay, but it is within the permissible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would like to say that PaySimple it is great software which will help you to have the most flexible payment system. I guess this is better for growth. With this solution your business will work better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are proud that our business based on confide. We like to give flexible payment needs to our customers and trying to make our clients be more successful with this payment solution. PaySimple is the good ability to run our business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Program Plan Developer
Individual & Family Services
What do you like best?

PaySimple website integrations and simple check-out process makes it great for customers to easily review invoice and check out via credit card or ACH transaction. So far, it is not costly for processing our ACH transactions, integrating forms on our website, and organizing customer transaction history. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

PaySimple have a few features that are lacking such as being able to easily locate billing statements from PaySimple and the processing companies. I found throughout the PaySimple process, I had to reach out to customer services via contact form several times for items that should be located on the website under account settings. Not related specifically to PaySimple, but processing times can be very lengthy and inaccurate. An ACH processing time before settlement usually takes 4-5 business days. However, the date listed in the transaction history for settlement of funds usually don't happen on that day, rather the day after. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider the need for PaySimple for options other than collecting payments. If you want to collect payments, consider more modern options such as PayPal or Venmo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use PaySimple to process ACH transactions with our customers. We send an invoice and receive payments later. This helped the business eliminate the need of paper checks being mailed and processed by our customers.The benefits of having PaySimple is having thing simplified and easy for customers to make payments and allow us to collect information and store it in PaySimple easy platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social Media Specialist
What do you like best?

Simple payment procedure. Everything is very transparent and the client needs nothing to be afraid of. There are no additional checks for the client. A good mobile application. A very flexible system of payments, it can be integrated into any of your platforms. Convenient export of reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not clear payment for service. There are additional commissions that have not been announced anywhere. Very long payments to the main account. Bad work of support which only asks to wait. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you do not have a big business and there are customers who do not have cards, you should try PaySimple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Involve customers who do not have a debit or credit card. We can better control the payments of our customers. I make payment reports and can export them to the format I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social Media Manager
Internet
What do you like best?

I like how accounting software works. really so cool.I see how with easy step my company is grow. Its very flexible, and gives easy way to understand and it's so easy in use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This software platform does not have any bad points.They are so great in support service. Very clear so you will find a lot of answers for your questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend to you. It's wonderful accounting service. Will help you in your company or small business. And don't be worry about how to use. Very useful and smart. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

You know its much better than I thought and this platform helps me run my company so good.I was worry about can i hendle it alone.But when I start use i understan that i have everything around me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner/Director of U.S. Operations
Leisure, Travel & Tourism
What do you like best?

PaySimple is very simple to use and every time you call for help the customer service reps are very knowledgable, friendly and efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that i dislike about PaySimple. I guess if I had to say something it would be that if a customer messes up on their account number it takes about 4-5 days to know that the payment didn't go through and usually doesn't provide a reason. I don't know if this is something that could be changed, but it is slightly inconvenient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great business solution, especially for small businesses that are just beginning to accept payments online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can now allow my customers to make payments online and I don't have to worry about collecting checks anymore. It was very simple to set up an online store and is very user friendly. PaySimple has made paying very simple for my customers. I can now accept monthly payments as well with a recurring billing schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director Of Operations
Hospitality
What do you like best?

Their Support is very responsive and helpful. Any time that I have had trouble understanding an email I received from Pay Simple or how to update something on an invoice, I have used the chat feature. The agents are quick and provide great step by step instructions to assist. If they did not have a solution, they assured me it would be submitted as a request to development or let me know when it would be coming.

I love the ease of initially beginning/charging a payment (either one time or recurring). It is not time-consuming and is very straight forward which is helpful when entering multiple new payments a day. Everything I need to enter a new payment is directly on the home screen and easy to find.

I appreciate the clean layout of the homepage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The customer management user interface beyond the initial transaction is not the most user-friendly. It is difficult to navigate a change like updating a bank account to a recurring transaction.

Additionally, there is currently not a way to merge contacts - so, if you have one client with multiple services that you are charging for, it creates them as a new contact for each one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great product that gets the job done. While some aspects may be a little confusing to navigate when making changes, their Customer Support really brings everything together. They are very quick to respond, so if you are left wondering how to accomplish something within the portal, you aren't left wondering for long. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We offer a multitude of services and subscriptions to our client base. Recurring credit card transactions are not always the best payment option for a client as credit cards can expire, get lost, stolen, etc. and can require a lot of administrative work to contact the customer to gather new credit card information, recharge the declined transaction, and update all of their information for the different services they are charged for.

Using ACH to charge for our services and subscriptions is an option that our customers really appreciate. It is easy for them to access and provide and they do not have to worry about keeping up with it like they would a credit card. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

nothing this company is a scam. They fraudulently charged me for services I never used or agreed to and have fought refunding me. I am now forced to have my attorney deal with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This company has been charging me for over a year for a service I never signed up for or authorized this company to charge me a monthly fee for a service I never used. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, BEWARE! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They fraudulently charge people money not authorized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Operations Manager
Construction
What do you like best?

I like that I can send receipts to the emails on file Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The search bar is a little bit too sensitive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It gives me a clear view of how much we have collected as a company compared to other months Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EF
What do you like best?

ACH payment ability. Free-form payment field. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Vastly overcharged on Credit Card fees, takes weeks to get back to you with no explanation as to why, just saying to wait it out and hope it will decrease over following months. Significant number of ancillary fees never disclosed on their contract or website, you only find out after you've been charged. Charged me 1+% more in credit card fees than was promised, which is pretty significant when this is their core service. They were never able to provide any answer, no matter how many managers I spoke with, all of them just saying I should wait until more months have passed and I've been ripped off even more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't use it. They'll promise you one thing then charge you something completely different (i.e. much more) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

zero benefits, we moved off of them and will never use them again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
Health, Wellness and Fitness
What do you like best?

PaySimple interfaces perfectly with the school software that we use (ZenPlanner) for tracking our school tuition payments. Their fees are very competitive, too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far we have not come across anything that we dislike about PaySimple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PaySimple easily solved the problem of collecting tuition from our clients that use credit cards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President of Retailer Services
Consumer Goods
What do you like best?

The software interface and reliability of the software and service have been excellent. They offer a robust testing environment that our programmers found easy to work with, dramatically reducing our time to launch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

PaySimple and their ACH processor set limits for how much we can process with them each day and month. We must apply for increases as we approach these limits, and that can take a week or more. This has led to disruptions as business ramps up faster than the approval process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should definitely consider PaySimple, and use the programming toolkit and sandbox to see how well it will work in your programming and/or payment environment. Just keep an eye on the limits and how they can affect the go-live experience for you and your customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customers love the ease of use, and our staff enjoy working with the reporting tools, which are very detailed while remaining easy to use. The labor savings over paper check processing are substantial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head Neuro Performance Coach
Health, Wellness and Fitness
What do you like best?

It's extremely easy and flexible to use. Some of my clients like paying via invoices. I like that I can satisfy that need and easily set up recurring payments and one time charges. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Cost. the per month cost and % fees are not as competitive as I'd like. I think one or the other could be a little lower. Also the PCI compliance process was not clear. I had already tried to jump thru the hoops with the service provided but then after speaking to your tech support realized I didn't need to do that for my biz, yet I still get weekly or monthly emails from them about completing PCI.

I also dislike that it so difficult to cancel a $3/mo ACH fee (turned out I didnt need it after all) and now the price has increased.

I also don't find the scheduling features robust enough. Check out calendly.com for some ideas on how you can improve that part of your product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's an excellent solution for billing - recurring and invoicing. It's simple to use for myself and my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PS is my main system for collecting payments. Before that I used PayPal and love the ease of use especially for my customers who pay via invoice. I have recently begun using the store features and hope to streamline client payments even more so in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner + Principal
What do you like best?

I like that it combines the features of a merchant account with an invoicing service. I can use a single service (outside of my accounting software) to handle all of my billing and payments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is not the most intuitive. They have been making updates and as they roll out the user experience is improving. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My biggest need is for an easy way to do recurring invoices and collect payments from those invoices. I have a service with yearly renewal that would be very difficult to track and invoice manually each year. (The renewal dates are unique to the customer.) PaySimple's recurring invoice feature works perfectly for this need and ensures we stay up to date with customer's we may only talk to once a year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Partner
Media Production
What do you like best?

PaySimple is truly a one stop shop and offers a well rounded suite of Services in the payment sphere. Their rates are some of the best and they integrate with a host of programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Due to their whole service approach it seems a bit unwanted to customize your offerings. But for a one Stop this is it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of their knowledgeable sales and Support staff. They will onboard you with everything you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PayMent processing is so involved and fees can add up. PaySimple helps streamline and automate the process at a fraction of the cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for PaySimple?