Oracle WebCenter Content Reviews & Product Details

Oracle WebCenter Content Overview

What is Oracle WebCenter Content?

Oracle WebCenter is the user engagement platform for social business, connecting people and information. Stay up to date with product news, events & more.

Oracle WebCenter Content Details

$39,506
@Oracle
186,456 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Oracle Corporation develops, manufactures, markets, hosts, and supports database and middleware software, applications software, and hardware systems.

Answer a few questions to help the Oracle WebCenter Content community
Have you used Oracle WebCenter Content before?

Oracle WebCenter Content Reviews

Showing 89 Oracle reviews
Already have Oracle WebCenter Content?
UL
What do you like best?

Customer support if/when needed. Everyone we interact with is helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Pricing. We are a nonprofit with limited funds and Oracle is expensive for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Greater efficiency Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CI
What do you like best?

The simplicity of document management and workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The tool should have more updates and frequent updates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's ease of doing document management will let you feel good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Document management

Content conversion from Microsoft to PDF. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There is not really something that was beneficial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Major problems can occur if the server goes down or any part of the database does not work. Some problems do not get resolved within minutes and can take up days to get it back up and running. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Poor design and interface Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UW
What do you like best?

That you can access the webcenter from home as it's a cloud based program. You have to remember the website and your login credentials to log in from another device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I dislike is that when not inactive the system logs you off and you have to log in again which is time consuming. I totally understand that it’s for security reasons. It’s just very tedious. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Oracle WebCenter we are solving security measures. Since it logs off after a few minutes from anyone using the system. In order for a person to view anything for the business you have login using your credentials. The benefits that I have using the WebCenter is that I can access all HR resources and that I can access them at work or from home. I can print out check stubs and view my check before receiving it. Also if I have any HR concerns everything is handled through the WebCenter as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Texas Works Advisor
Government Relations
What do you like best?

The intranet web features are very flexible to the administrator. There are so many pre-built components and features to make a intranet site user friendly and secure. Automated backups can save you a lot of work and a very embarrassing mistake. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As graphics keep improving some are left to be desired. And the ability to add plug-ins from other Internet platforms are needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can make your intranet site user friendly and more convenient for the end user . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allows a more comprehensive access portal to information with a group or team. It also allows to create group spaces eliminating the need to have a individual one for each, it solves confusion by integration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Java Software Developer
What do you like best?

What I like most about this CMS is that it is highly customizable and is easily adaptable to any company, regardless of its business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think it can improve costs for small businesses and independents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended. One of the best CMS on the market I recommend to all companies and customers in the community. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I installed this CMS to a client and I am satisfied with all the different functionalities of this platform, the speed of this CMS is also really impressive! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

System Engineer
What do you like best?

It has many uses like invoice processing and content depository. Very easy to retrieve documents and to control them and check them in and out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It takes long time to learn how to use it and how to use different invoice styles. OCR was used to recognize invoices, we had to manually intervene to correct some of the fields. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

organize invoices and control documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and contact support if assistance is required Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it takes a very long time for updates to be made to the system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Oracle for data collection for research trials Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The overall tool had wonderful content. Once I am able to find what I need, the descriptions are very applicable to do the work that I am doing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really didn't like the layout of the overall tool. I found it confusing to navigate at times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was trying to create a report and navigate the procedures within the tool for a committee I am on at our institution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like there everything can be managed from the dashboard and can be personalized or customized from your favorites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are so many glitches I feel and easier way to do things that could make it more seamless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Making reimbursements and financial transactions easier to process and track. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Eligibility Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

Easy to navigate. Every document needed for training is there and able to view easily. We use this for training purposes so incoming hires are able to navigate themselves through the self taught training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The database looks a little dated, so it could use updating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This application allows us to access training materials as well as policy and procedure manuals easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I don't really have a choice. it is the system that my University uses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

works very slow, and is difficult to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

connecting with students Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

I love the one stop shop for creating self service portals and applications for all of our business needs. Using this product makes information consumption fast and easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like some of the setup and configuration componenets Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have streamlined website implementation with this application Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UG
What do you like best?

I like that oracle can be used for our WBS (work breakdown structure) and can be used for PT's (project and tasks) to easily navigate and use. we also use Oracle for Procurement which is very user friendly! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the reliability of this product. sometimes it is hard to get in, or will shut down at random times. i have to close and open and lose work time this way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

stick with this product and make sure you have the right support. customization is key and can make your work life so much easier once it is made for you correctly. just make sure you dont overload the system because it can crash but just be patient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

how to make efficiency using this product for purchasing and continuously improving the process. we are also realizing it has become a one-stop place to manage our work breakdown and project structure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UO
What do you like best?

I like how user friendly this is compared to peer programs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any problems with it at this point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Out team has become far more efficient overall Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

We can store all sorts of information and can look up accounts based on a number of different credentials. It is customizable to each department and not one department has access to everything in the database. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The user-interface is incredibly outdated. Accessing any kind of information is a hassle if I need a list that isn't readily available to me. Our entire company has to special request any lists we need from our IMT support department because the software is so outdated it can't handle any one employee doing it on their own. The system crashes so consistently, that the entire organization has decided that it is unreliable. It is incredibly difficult to find information sometimes because things one would thing should be one place, are actually attributed to an entirely different category. When we decided to use Oracle, we hired a designated person to work out all the bugs and to run interference for the organization. While this is understandable for most companies, we had a point person for this for ten years. I'm no genius, but I think that might be excessive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We interact with our customers and record data over a period of years for each customer. The benefits are few, though there are some. Under each customer there are a couple dozen tabs that are semi-easily customizable. These house data we collect from the customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

It's super easy to use, very clean layout. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see other features that can be offered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Website looks nice and credible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

I worked closely with my VP of Technology at my agency to review CMS options for our clients. We reviewed competitors such as Capterra and Search Optics but ultimately decided on Oracle based on the user interface, pricing structure and ease of integration with Word Press. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The main function we use Oracle for is templatizing, drafting and publishing webpages for our client. Overall we have been relatively satisfied but have little comparison since we only reviewed demos from competitors before we opted to select Oracle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Overall the price isn't as high as other Oracle products, and so far has met our needs. I would recommend you at least take a look at Oracle if you're in the market for a CMS tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One of our key clients has a WordPress site where they wanted to be able to constantly update and publish new webpages, but given their stringent IT team we needed a third party solution that could allow us to draft, preview and then publish content to their site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It works so-so with Mac products but it does allow me to access my work information at home which is a huge plus; especially since my company utilizes Microsoft programs. I think it is great for large organizations with employees who are rather engaged. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It seems to lag a little when you are working with the program. The layout is not that nice looking; I think they could really improve on the appearance to make it more appealing and "clean." Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a good product if you want your employees to be engaged but I would not say that it is top of the line. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to do work at home. It allows me to access what I need to from work at home without any issue. The other benefits consist of allowing me to access the Microsoft programs on my Apple product. It seems to solve the issue of employee involvement in the work place, outside of a specific role. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

What I really like about Oracle is using the product is extremely easy to view my paycheck, my benefits, my time off, etc, in one place. It's user friendly, set up nicely so I can navigate the different sections easily, and without being trained on it by anyone, I was able to figure out how to use the program very quickly. I like how all my pay stubs are stored on Oracle so I don't have to print them and save paper, but they're always there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes. I enjoy the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use this system which is much easier than others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using Oracle for our Peoplesoft Programs to show payments, benefits, etc. I have realized that the system is very user friendly for all of our staff, I never hear complaints about using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is very interactive and user friendly. We use it at work all the time and I feel as though it is useful for all levels of experience as well as age levels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes freezes the computers that you are on, typically if you are using it remotely. It also seems sometimes to not work very quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at the demos prior to buying so that you are sure it is right for your company Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use oracle in the health care setting, uploading data into a cloud so that it can be used for all health care employers when accessing patients health care information to allow for integrative care for all health care professionals taking care of the person in question. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

One of WebCenter Site's greatest strengths (and dangers) is and always has been its extensibility and flexibility. You can do just about anything with the platform. I've integrated it with video encoding, mobile delivery and messaging platforms like Tibco Rendezvous, written custom ingestion software to import twenty thousand pieces of content a day and used it purely as a content repository to be interrogated by custom applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's so open ended from a design point of view, it's also possible to make some particularly bad decisions if you don't have the right information and know-how. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Most usefully of all it allows you to create a language fall-back strategy so that, for example, if a piece of content is not available in Swiss French, it would look for a Standard French version and, failing that, an English version.

There are also language packs allowing the Editorial interface to be rendered in a number of languages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

WCS is commonly deployed with a configuration which includes Satellite Servers. These are essentially a distributed caching mechanism which store and assemble "pagelets," or elements of output. These Satellite Servers also sit on an application server, but have no database -- they are memory and disk based only. They add a cheaper scaling alternative for handling large quantities of traffic.

To put that into perspective, I've recently worked on a project running on a 60 plus server cluster serving up to 250 million page views a month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

What I like best about this program is that it's easy. Navigating the site is easy because the layout if user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it times you out when you are using it. Even while I'm actively using it, it will time me out and unless I saved my work, all is lost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great resource for expense reports and timecards (the ones I use on the daily). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I mostly use Oracle for expense reports. I do reports for over 30 people and it helps us stay organized and in the loop. Some of the benefits for using this program is that all their transactions are there, I can submit on their behalf and approval on their end is easy and I can track the status of the report as it moves through the approval and payment process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development, Team Lead
What do you like best?

I really like how easy this software is to use and how it has almost zero bugs in the system. They just released a new feature and it made the product event better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With any Oracle product price is always an issue and they like to upsell and cross-sell their software so you end up spending a lot more money than you budgeted for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If price is not an issue for you then this is the product for you as this is one of the best products but it is very expense so watch out for that. They will also charge you maintenance fees and renewal fees which is pretty standard in this space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are trying to find a place on the cloud where we can store all of our data in a place that is secured and easy to access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The student database management system we used was based in Oracle. The system made it easy to look up student information. There were ample users on campus which allowed us to learn from each other. Each office used the system in a different capacity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was difficult to sometimes process payments, but that was not my daily function so it may have partially been user-error. It would have been nice to have additional training opportunities to make sure we were adequately utilizing the services available through the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Oracle is a way to share student information across various people and offices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.