My Library

3.7

My Library keeps all the information about your personal media collection at your fingertips. Separate tabs are available to display your books, movies, and compact discs, all ordered conveniently by title.

Work for My Library?

Learning about My Library?

My Library Reviews

Showing 20 My Library reviews
My Library review by Alex L.
Alex L.

"Absolutely fantastic - My Library 's bar code ISBN scan is super convenient and very fast. "

What do you like best?

Really enjoy this app. Really love how versatile the comments options are; being able to sort by them is amazing. Some things that I would love to see: - Being able to choose what store(s) the "Buy" link leads to in the Wishlist. - Possibly an order of preference where book data is pulled from. - Globally editing default comment titles. (When I started, I had one set to "Ebooks", which I later changed to "Digital Copy"; it didn't change anything that was already in my library, only new additions) EDIT: Realized I could do this in Excel, but an in-app option to do it would be helpful - Being able to customize what info is shown on the main list (I'd love to see the series listed) - Being able to list multiple series a book is part of like you can with categories (i.e., having "Guards! Guards!" by Terry Pratchett listed as both "Disc" vol 8 and "The Watch" vol 1)

What do you dislike?

So far out if all the apps iv tried. This one seems to work the best. The bar code scanner does not work so well but a far amount can be found by typing in the ISBN number. And it gives you the option of entering in the book manually. Sometimes you lose the info if you add a pic after the fact and it does not like my phones camera. So I take pics before hand and upload them from my phone. Other than that it works very well. Saved me a few bucks already as I did not re-buy a few books. Update. My phone broke so i had to get a new one. After many hrs of cataloging all of my books i fear that my list is lost. I i re downloaded the app and it did not save my list. It seems most of the library app dont save your lists. Can't seem to fine any online support... I use things like disco's for my music and another app for my movie collection and i had no problem getting my list with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This app is well thought-out, and extremely helpful for organizing my personal library. Highly recommended for those preferring greater control over editing book content, as well as for easy use.

The app works flawlessly in reading ISBN barcodes on the back of books (rapidly) and then determining the book, populating each of the fields (author title, etc. and an image of the cover) which is then added to a user's library. On somewhat older books, the ISBN number must be entered manually. Yet older and foreign books without an ISBN number must have each of the fields manually entered and the user may take a photo of the cover with a cell phone for the book's entry to be complete. Finally, I have sometimes forgotten that I had a book in my library and have scanned the bar code. The app alerted me that the book was already in my library.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about My Library
My Library review by User in Computer Software

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

I love the accessibility of the library. It is very organized and user friendly. I know where to go, how to pull things up and how to access files. It is a great tool that helps even the greenest of users can make a good run. I enjoy being able to open this up and just ease my way into use. I want to be able to have an easier use just through somple training tools that can help me show all aspects of what library can do. The product is amazing but i feel as if i am not accomplishing all that the tool has to offer. If you had something simliar to a microsoft platform that has break downs and a full over view of how the product works i believe it will be very benefical for all users that are not essentially apart of the apple cult.

What do you dislike?

Apple products are great but if you are not familiar with how all apple products work it makes it a bit tought to be able to navigate through some of the products and software applications. It is a fun tool once you get the hang of it but an easier task list for new users would be recommended. Once Mac has a more universal guide similar to microsoft projects it will be a much easier pruct

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use it just because of the ease the user face and dashboard gives you.

It keeps my organized, I enjoy using it to prioritize all products inside my macbooks

What Other Vertical Industry solution do you use?

My Library review by Zachary H.
Zachary H.

"Not worth the $4"

What do you like best?

I initially liked the concept. However, I ended up disliking the whole app. Paying for it was not worth it. Wish it did but if failed for me.

What do you dislike?

It did not work like it was supposed to. Great concept but it failed quickly. I couldn't truly find the books I had purchased through the app or anything else really. Also, having to pay for a product that didn't work was very disheartening. Not sure if Apple has a fix for it or if they plan to fix it at all really. I usually love Apple products but this was a bust.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider looking at other products first. My Library failed at what I wanted it to do.

None. I didn't use it for very long. I wanted it to solve keeping my books of drills, soccer topics, etc. in order but it didn't work.

My Library review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Great Service and Apple Customer Service is always the best!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of usage and the display features, it is very easily accessible and navigatable to anyone who wishes to use it.

My library stores all your media in one convenient place. My favorite feature is the array of different means it can organize your media, whether that be by genre or alphabetical etc.

The 'For You' Tab is also a great tool to discover more of what you love! It is great to navigate through similar genre/artists etc, and discover something new.

Also, if you do have any issues Apple Customer service is always on hand and solves the issue generally straight away!

What do you dislike?

If you are looking for a particular genre of music you may often time be shown the same playlists/artists over and over again. You really have to search in depth if you want to explore.

"My Library" can also at times experience technical faults and your media will not play so you may have to close the app and start again, which is not time consuming but slightly annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe it is a great tool, just be advised that there are similar services out there that are now trying to provide you with a better deal and are competing with Apple to do so. Students can really benefit from My Library and student pricing is very cheap.

We use "My Library" for a whole host of events we have here, especially developing playlists for events we have, we like to use the feature to organize what music we will have prior to the event. It is a great tool to have and so much easier at times. For smaller events it also saves us hiring someone to do the music and instead students can be in charge.

My Library review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"What a great program"

What do you like best?

This program allows me to keep all of my favorites in one place. Allowing easy access to be able to get clients in and out of the information helps ease my mind from stress. The availability at any work station you are able to use it helps with lack of emails and miscommunication between co workers.

What do you dislike?

There is honestly nothing that I don't like about this program. It was easy to understand and to teach the staff. I was impressed with how everyone retained the information so quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would make sure that you are able to train everyone that is going to use it. There can be confusion if someone does not understand.

It keeps everything in the same area which allows easy access into all the information. It has helped ease the tension at the office to allow for a steady stream of access to the information.

My Library review by Justin T.
Justin T.

"It’s almost 2019"

What do you like best?

The ability to sort an entire, physical music or book collection. I often forget what I have or who I lent a book or cd to. I was able to quickly create a book catalog for our student library at work.

What do you dislike?

It’s not a dislike, but rather this product doesn’t really serve my needs in almost 2019. Most of my music is a digital collection.

I needed to know which books we had available for students and who borrowed what. I can hold students accountable to bring books back and they can easily browse our catalog on our iPad.

My Library review by Alyssa Z.
Alyssa Z.

"My Library Review"

What do you like best?

I like best that My Library keeps all of my media and everything I need in one easily accessible place where I can get to it fast and when I need it

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about My Library currently, it could be a little easier to navigate

keeping media files organized and accessible to everyone

My Library review by Bailey H.
Bailey H.

"Apple library has style and functionality"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Apple library is how clean it is and can be made during implementation.

What do you dislike?

That clean UI also means a lack of specific features and customization options.

We are solving the ability to store educators documents and ebook sites in a way that is easy to navigate and learn.

My Library review by Meghan W.
Meghan W.

"Amazing Music Storage & Subscription Services"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to download my favorite artists and listen to them without commercials.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like the monthly subscription charge for listening to previous downloads.

Inspirational music to fuel my motivation for art and design work.

My Library review by User

"I finally know what books I have!"

What do you like best?

Being an avid reader with a large collection, I found that too often I was purchasing books I already had simply because I had forgotten. Thanks to My Library, my books are organized and I know whether I should purchase them, or search my collection.

What do you dislike?

If a book isn't sold online, there seems to be a smaller chance of finding it in the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adding books by scanning the barcode is certainly the easiest and foolproof method of adding to My Library. However, be prepared that older books may not be available.

My business is my books- this app saves me money by assisting me not to re-purchase books I already have.

My Library review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Apple Library"

What do you like best?

I am always looking to learn more and enhance my knowledge on may topics. This allows me to digitally organize that information so that I can readily access it when I need to from whatever device I may have on me at the time.

What do you dislike?

So far there isn't anything that I have come across with the product that I do not like. I find it to be pretty user friendly and for a straight Apple user like myself, it ties to all my devices so that I have one source of truth that updates no matter what device I am on.

This definitely helps with the organization of me digital data.

My Library review by Anthony B.
Anthony B.

"My Library Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. Very easy to navigate and find exactly what you need in the moment. It's all bery conveniently placed.

What do you dislike?

Finding a specific genre might become difficult at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is very easy to use and fits all needs as expected.

We use this while coming up with tracks that can be used for Sunday services. It's very beneficial to have this tool to find such pieces.

My Library review by User in Music
User in Music

"Its My Library and I need it Now"

What do you like best?

I love the layout and design of the Library in windows High Sierra. It allows for easy access to file and the ability to organize based on Size, Date Created, Date Modified, item type and more.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I cannot completely organize everything, well at least search for everything that I want and have them collectively unless I place them all in there own individual folders however you eventually run into the same issues with searching for a file the way I want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

External Hard Drives Rule The World!

Organization and Avaiablility of documentation and products.

My Library review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"My Library is full of Apples"

What do you like best?

I like the storage options on this platform. I'm able to add and remove content intuitively; with ease.

What do you dislike?

I would like it if there was more support available for the software. I stumble frequently and have to resort to google to find answers re functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the needs of your business, first, before considering the software. Good use cases on this platform, but there's limited support.

We used the software to manage relative data. It served as means to add and remove content when/ where needed.

My Library review by Jason B.
Jason B.

"Overall good experience with Apple"

What do you like best?

That all my devices work together, so whether I'm using laptop/desktop or phone it's the same.

What do you dislike?

The file system of Apple makes it harder to find files when compared to a non-Apple product.

Simplistic

My Library review by User

"My Library review"

What do you like best?

the ability to store music and song info in a convenient location that syncs quickly to my mobile device and computer

What do you dislike?

easiest to use on a computer. would prefer easier use on mobile device

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the fill in fields to add any pertinent info.

able to keep the songs needed to use (and song info) in an easy to find location. Benefit, copyright info is with the song.

My Library review by Noelle G.
Noelle G.

"Good"

What do you like best?

It works good, nothing really special about it.

What do you dislike?

Kind of boring layout and not very fun on the eyes.

It’s easy to use.

My Library review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"My Library app "

What do you like best?

The my Library app is great when it comes to having all of your books/music/videos in the same spot.

What do you dislike?

It has become obsolete. No one really uses it much anymore because there are better apps to use.

Keeping all of your informatiom in the same spot. Easy access to search.

My Library review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Amazing"

What do you like best?

The best about it is that no error no ads and let me enjoy my time with my apple product.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything. The product is amazing.

My school work

My Library review by Administrator

"Didn’t really understand the point"

What do you like best?

I liked the idea of it saving memory on phone

What do you dislike?

I didn’t really understand why I needed it

Saving clients before&after pictures

Learning about My Library?

* We monitor all My Library reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.