MIE Trak Pro

MIE Trak Pro

Job Shop ERP

Work for MIE Trak Pro?

Learning about MIE Trak Pro?

MIE Trak Pro Reviews

Ask MIE Trak Pro a Question
Showing 61 MIE Trak Pro reviews
Emily K.

"Works when we need it too"

What do you like best?

One of the best features of MIE is the visibility of all items, orders and production employees. As long as you follow the process, you can find just about anything you are looking for. With the scheduling feature and being able to use the White Board module, so we are in control of what is going through our shop.

You have quick access through out the program that can help you tweak, improve and save money.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I hate to say it, but most of the time its the customer service, most of my experience with customer service has been lack luster at best, there are a few exceptions (Chad and recently Jerrell have been individuals that work at getting to the bottom of the problem and handle customer service with excellence and not just sugar coating the problem with a shiny new feature that MIE will be releasing on the next build).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product is fantatsic, but it has its limitations just like anything else, be aware that there a limited seats for using PRO, and to add more it is more $$$

Inventory and scheduling have been a huge issue for the company, now we have visibility of our inventory and the jobs that need to be pushed through in order to make customers happy.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about MIE Trak Pro
Timothy C.

"Very Capable System"

What do you like best?

After using MIE Trak for many years now I can say it's a very capable system with valuable updates coming quarterly. We needed a system to manage our production and work on the floor and this system delivers. Everything we need from quoting parts all the way to fabrication is covered and gives us the birds eye view we needed to manage everything.

What do you dislike?

Typically when there is something I dislike, the MIE Trak team is good addressing it in their next build. One thing I wish MIE Trak had more of is customization. Having the ability to create new entities or reorganize the general layout would be nice but that's nitpicking.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a one stop shop ERP system, MIE Trak Pro may be it. All stages of the business cycle are covered.

MIE Trak allows us to track all incoming quote requests and managing our jobs. Handling and meeting our customer's needs has become very efficient.

What Discrete ERP solution do you use?

Johnathan A.

"Mie Trak Pro has given us the ability to streamline our processes resulting in major cost savings ."

What do you like best?

The Mie Trak pro team (sales to project management) provided/ supported seamless transition with installation.Mie Trak Pro Flexibility has tremendous flexibility with the reporting thus providing live information. The Mie Trak Pro MRP function has given our company the ability to react quickly and efficiently to provide a more cost effective approach to our customer base.

What do you dislike?

The inability to customize raw material part numbering.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Mie Trak Pro has greatly increased our Efficiency in the short time that since implementation. The Mie Trac Pro team (sales, project management, support) has attributed to that success, helping our company setting a solid foundation to play a part in growing our bussiness. In addition to the quality level of the product, I would encourage anyone in search of an ERP system to strongly take into consideration the team that Mie Trak has formed to help in the sales implementation, and support process.

Inventory Management.

Simon P.

"MIErak Pro replaced many bespoke systems and in house spreadsheets"

What do you like best?

Everything that you need to run the business is in one place so linking reports and data is very easy. MIETrak Pro is a live system enabling quick decision making

The ability to create your own SQL Reports is a big advantage. Not all system reports are quite what you need so this enables live, accurate data to be exported (Office 365 etc). Support staff are quick, responsive and knowledgeable, often solving a problem over the phone

What do you dislike?

Whilst open to suggestions and changes, this can take some time

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a broad view of several comparable products and make sure that it suits your requirements today and tomorrow. In-house SQL knowledge a definite advantage although this is not too difficult to pick up in time

MIETrak Pro gave every user in our Company access to one data source of live information. No need now to adapt data from different sources and different time frames to help analysis. MRP drives us and with accurate stock data (this is important for MRP) we can plan short and medium term so confidence

Carl B.

"We were up and running within days"

What do you like best?

It suited our business without the need for expensive modifications and tweaks. That cannot be said of many rivals. One of my favourite features is the quoting module....you build the quote just as you would make the part and then fire off your RFQ. Once you've got the order the hard work (in the office at least) is done, as you can create the sales order direct from the RFQ & utilise the quote info to produce a detailed work order with all notes and processes completed.

What do you dislike?

It's only as good as the info you put in, so everyone has to be on board.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The product speaks for itself, what you done know until you've purchased is just how good the support is!

Traceability.....at key points it allows me to store relevant documents. From drawings through to material certs everything is in the right place and easy for anyone to find.

Marcela C.

"Excellent ERP system"

What do you like best?

MieTrak is packed with many great features to simplify day to day tasks.

It is excellent for tracking and monitoring jobs.

maintaining inventory and creating worksheets to simplify the deletion of unrequired information.

MieTrak also has an excellent group of support consultants who are very knowledgeable in the software as well as scripting.

I learn something new each and every time I jump on a call with their support group. Very patient individuals who are ready to address each and every concern you have without cutting you short.

They are genuinely concerned in getting you the help you need.

What do you dislike?

I cant really say that there is much that I dislike about the ERP but if I had to point something out I would say:

I wish there was a possibility to pick and choose more column options in all reports. In particular to the inventory qty report. I wish there was a column for receive dates.

another concern, if there was a way to limit procurement to create items to a set of item types and have a prompt window pop up and ask "are you sure you want to create this item" another window "Are you sure this item is to be inventoried?" a lot of the time, my procurement team forgets to remove the tick on inventory item and this tends to goof up the inventory when receiving.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When moving over to MieTrak, take advantage of the support consultant team as they are readily willing to help. MUST! purchase a good amount of training time, would be helpful to have someone on sight to speak and teach every department to have a full understanding and utilize tools available to you.

the sanitization of our inventory. This is extremely important to us in pulling clean reports we can trust and provide to our customers. understand the value attached to the goods sitting in out facility. Simplify things for most departments in the building, less leg work making work time more efficient.

John N.

"Solid Product - Great Support"

What do you like best?

We came from using Quickbooks, which was good for accounting, but not well-suited for Inventory Control in a manufacturing environment. MIE Trak Pro has greatly helped us with Inventory Control and Manufacturing Processes (and works fine for accounting too). The support we receive from MIE Solutions is very good; most support tickets are addressed the same day they are submitted.

What do you dislike?

There are some things that I'm not in love with, but in our time with MIE Trak the development team has been good to take in feedback and add features. The one thing that comes to mind that I do not like is the Customer Statement process at the end of each month. I have to search for each individual customer to which I want to email a statement, generate a statement and go through the email process. With hundreds of Statements it becomes very time-consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend MIE Trak Pro to organizations who are shopping for an ERP System. It is an affordable and well-made software solution.

We are getting much better costing information on our products that we used to have, and our inventory is becoming more accurate all the time. We have also been able to classify different groups of customers much more thoroughly and accurately by having a database driven system that allows.

Curtis C.

"Is it really "the only ERP you will ever need"? "

What do you like best?

Mie Trak is very user-friendly and intuitive. The user interface is done so open screens are tabbed. This helps make it very clean even if you have several tabs open. Other ERP's I have used seem to require a separate window every time, cluttering the desktop. The ability to use "canned" comments that can still be modified is another great feature. The customer service has been really great. Submitting questions online is easy and most of the time we get a response fairly quickly. The reps truly seem to want to help us use Mie Trak as its intended.

Key features that are awesome (plenty more, too many to list):

-RMA/ Corrective Action module is set up to use 5Why's for root cause.

-Dashboard App that runs separately from Mie Trak is very helpful to view quick status of operations in real time.

- Kiosk is extremely easy to use and train entry-level operators on its use.

- Start Screen that is configurable for individual users to see important info right away (Tasks, ECR's, messages....ect..)

What do you dislike?

- Overall cost for small business who is growing and needs to add licenses.

- Raw material must be received using a full seat, hogging up the precious few licenses on hand (Would like to see floor operators receive material straight into inventory using Kiosk.)

- The maintenance module does not have user-friendly as the rest of the system.

- The training module requires you to add training on an individual basis. (Does not have class/ training grouping)

- No module for calibration of inspection tooling.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have reasonable expectations. If you have a question or concern, the technical support team has been very good. Be sure to actually use Mie Trak as much as possible. Don't pay for Pro but only use a small portion. Do extensive research on how many active seats you expect to be using at a given time, otherwise, you will always have folks asking if they can get on.

We have been using Mie Trak for several years, and have generally been happy with it. In the last year, it was decided that since we have paid for what is advertised as the "the only ERP you will ever need", we should actually start using Mie Trak for what is advertised instead of just the bare basics.

We have been slowly learning the full capability (and inevitable bugs I see with all systems) of Mie Trak. Although there are some modules we have yet to utilize such as scheduling, the WO tracking, quoting, CRM, RMA, and other modules have dramatically impacted how efficient we are as a business.

Brian J.

"Progressive to be the best"

What do you like best?

I love the innovative ways that the MIE team works with us as if there were on our team. They are quick to respond, easy to talk to and has a someone on the team that fully understands what we need.

What do you dislike?

Still new to MIE, running live for about a month, there is not much I do not like. Making a new report or modifying an existing report can be confusing until I grasp how the fields are linked to get the output I need from several tables in one report.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

MIE has a team where someone will know your uniqueness and difficulties and are eager to give you the best to make it the best decision you can make.

Having a job service and not a full production, MIE TRAK Pro seems to be handling our unique situation and MIE will adapt to our needs with enthusiasm.

"Powerful Tool!"

What do you like best?

Clean look. Ease of use and great functionality.

Works great for fabrication.

What do you dislike?

Seems to be a lot of programming flaws and issues for this software being out so long. Functionality that should work but doesn't work properly. Column titles / Headers that aren't the same across the board. One screen calls

PO screen shows columns for Quantity, Total weight, Price, and Extended price but those exact options don't carry over to the PO receiver screen. This would be helpful to match to the PO when receiving.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great tool. MieTrak support is very responsive and helpful when it comes to solving problems.

The Work order nesting and Scheduling capabilities are much better than MieTrak 32. Not as simple to use but we are still getting used to the new version. We are currently still working through bugs and fixes to mold it more to what we do.

JAMES W.

"MieTrak Review"

What do you like best?

Hello,

We have been using MieTrak Pro for 3 years at our precision sheet metal shop. We are a fairly small company and a job shop, which means we make and implement changes quickly. I need software that is as nimble and quick as we are. On the other hand, as an ISO certified company, we also need things to be done right and be fully supported including tracking our processes and archiving our prints and certs.

We have come to use MieTrak for every aspect of the business with the exception of accounting and estimating. The software is great for creating and sending Purchase Orders, tying those purchases to active work orders, tracking the progress of the work orders, checking real-time tracking, sequencing routers, employee and machine center scheduling, and basically everything we need to manage sales, procurement, production and shipping. As a person who wears many hats and works in multiple departments, I enjoy being able to start from any process able to link through to any other process to find the data that I looking for. This is helpful when there are issues to resolve. For example, I can simply start with the PO# that I wrote for some material that came in and was rejected. With just that piece of data (the PO#), I can pull up the PO, find the associated Work Order, link to the Sales Order and see everything about the order that will allow me to make whatever informed decision I need to make. I can also see where the status of the order is based on the employee time tracking and router sequencing data that is tied to the work order.

If you spend the time to learn the system and how to flow through the modules, you can basically know exactly what is going on at your company at any time and make decisions on the fly. This helps us identify issues faster, make decisions faster, respond faster and also inform the customer about any of these considerations, all in real time.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any major dislikes. Fortunately, if there are issues that I have (which come up from time to time), I just reach out to the MieTrak team and they either help me to resolve the issue, or include the fix in the next software release. They are very good about listening to what we want and then updating the software to do it.

MieTrak helps us to buy smart. We can run the MRP module and see our forecast for individual buy-outs, even if they are purchased for multiple customers across many sales and work orders. This tool has been a great cost saver and I can't imagine functioning without it. Another great function is the machine center loading/scheduling. We can plan as close or far into the future as we want to make sure that we are committing to accurate lead-times, avoiding bottle necks in the shop and scheduling the correct number of employees on any given day.

Mary Grace B.

"Very Straight forward."

What do you like best?

MIE Trak is very convenient and easy to use. It is pretty much straight forward, everything you enter or change under any Sales Order/ Purchase Order is saved. I liked how you can also view the last person that made changes in case of any discrepancies.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the MIE Trak program is slow and takes a while for me to input data, it takes me longer than I should.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get some training on how to efficiently use MIE Trak Pro, I'm sure it will be of good use!

We've been using MIE Trak Pro as a recording system, ensuring that all the work we do for our customers are inputted through MIE Trak. In doing so, it has helped T&F significantly with organization and tracking down our customer orders.

Dave L.

"Great ERP"

What do you like best?

SQL Based, Dashboard creation, ability to rename fields

What do you dislike?

Need ability to create custom drop down fields

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hire or dedicate someone for 6-12 months to help get things setup. Make sure you have a firm understanding on the variables and formulas you will use to quote along with having your burdened machined and employee rates in order.

We were able to greatly improve out customer and vendor On Time Delivery through building shared dashboards showing critical data and KPIs to everyone in the company. We have starting using monitors on the factory floor for each department to help with scheduling.

Mike S.

"Good knowledge, very professional"

What do you like best?

Being new to Mie Track I was seeking knowledge regarding some advanced features. However, I was unsure how to express my request. Evan was able to guide me thru the steps and reports required to improve the scope of understanding the feature of Mie Track.

What do you dislike?

Actually non that comes to mind. If he didn't know the particular answer. He quickly asked for advise from another Person.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to learn the product and all of the features, will be beneficial in the long run.

Not some much a problem, just the need to understand how to access additional reports for tracking jobs, operations and material. Benefits where shared with my co-workers, they agreed the reports will help.

"Great all in one system"

What do you like best?

Mie.trak has been great at keeping all of our manufacturing data centralized and on hand for planning and review purposes. It also allows for deeper integration between company departments. Mie.Trak and it’s developers have been very good at adapting the software across multiple plants and to the variation of those plants.

What do you dislike?

A better graphic presentation would aid in the use of the program as well a more intuitive interface. The open ended functionality of the software sometimes causes you to underutilize the programs capabilities. Having used the program in our plant for a few years you still see users pulling data from the software for manipulation in other programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When considering MIE Trak Pro make sure you work with the MIE Trak team to fully adapt and utilize the capabilities of this software.

The biggest problem solved by using MIE Trak Pro has been the centralizing of information. With only a few clicks anyone within the organization can be looking at the information they need and it’s not being held by only a few individuals. This has allowed for increased efficiencies in information sharing.

Craig T.

"mie trak is the real deal"

What do you like best?

From inventory to quoting down to the invoice mie trak is an all inclusive powerhouse for accurate and efficient accountability of all aspects of our sheet metal fabrication business.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can not think of one thing that I consistently struggle with wishing that mie trak had an application for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Mie trak Pro streamlines all your process into one user friendly utility. Highly recommend taking a test drive!!

Job tracking for time accountability is accurately and efficiently realized. The nesting job feature suits our methods and machine capabilities perfectly and allows us to cut part costs by common material cutting, eliminating single job machine set up times.

I
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Perfect Software Solution, Especially for our Sheet Metal Fabrication Industry"

What do you like best?

The sheet metal item attributes allow us to accurately create quotes, sales orders, purchase order, work orders, shipments, and invoices...just the way we did on our homegrown solution...but now with all the whistles and bells. Plus a wealth of reporting capabilities.

What do you dislike?

As with most different solutions, converting from an outdated homegrown solution to a cutting edge solution comes with its learning curve. Mostly, it's more of a resistance than a real learning. Once it's embraced the learning comes quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get a demo and ask a lot of questions to see how MIE Trak Pro will meet your needs.

We gaining more realtime reporting and better profitability insights so far.

"Available Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate that there is a team of dedicated and knowledgeable service members that can assist with any issues we come across as we continue using the system and start to use additional modules.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that the documentation were a little more detailed and all-encompassing. There is a good set of core information available but doesn't always answer questions about specifics.

MIE Trak Pro took us from a small company operating via several Excel spreadsheets into an easy-to-use integrated system. It eliminated a lot of data entry and manual work on a daily basis. It help make all of our employees more accountable for correct data.

Michael N.

"Customer Support experience"

What do you like best?

They respond very quickly and call with follow-ups.

What do you dislike?

My experience has always been positive, at least this year anyway

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your homework before switching ERP/MRP software as each has it's own features and quirks. Go for the implementation package, it's worth it's weight in gold.

Better control of shop processes for a manufacturing facility. Previous ERP/MRP was primarily financial focused and not well suited to manufacturing.

Laura B.

"20 years and counting!"

What do you like best?

With the new version the accounting is much easier to use. unlike the older version the new one has usable accounting report that I require to send to my accountant.

What do you dislike?

Wish it had a place within the employee files to add vacation usage with out running a report like the old er version. It would be nice if it integrated with some of the GPS time keeping software that our road installers use so we could download their times directly in to Mietrak.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

for metal working industries we have found that this software is much easier to use and we are currently moving our sing company to use this also

Inventory tracking,

"First 3 Months of use"

What do you like best?

Love the way you can move around and how things all link together. Like that they are always working at updating the software. the search features work very well.

What do you dislike?

Not grate safe guards from being able to do stupid stuff, like being able to complete a work order that you don't have materiel for... software updates see a bit buggy at first, and when first installed mess us up a bit. The documentation on the software is very lacking. Very hard for us to figure out what setting or parameters do

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure the implementation is well managed on both sides. Ours was not and are paying very dearly for it now.

Much easy to see product and sales history. better insight into what needs to be made. Now have labor hour tracking to job.

"Good MRP resource planner"

What do you like best?

The manufacturing portion of it is the world I am used to living in, and for 95% of the stuff I need MIE does great. The field count is overwhelming at first, but it is better than having to pay an SQL guy to get you everything custom that you need.

What do you dislike?

I get feedback from the financial group that it is pretty weak, and they actually have some quickbook functions which work better. We also wish there was more to COGS than 4 lines permanently tied to the item cards. Some sort of resource planning not tied to WOs which is more user friendly would be great.

Managing large BOMs which were previously done in excel is outstanding. Working on implementing the KIOSK better, but it seems really laggy on some computers.

Brian B.

"Easy to use, well thought out system."

What do you like best?

the ease in which Mie Trak allows us to track parts throughout manufacturing.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more module specific instruction documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a reasonably flexible system, but as with all systems, make sure that you plan out your implementation and don't just import poor data.

We no longer miss getting ordered parts to manufacturing. Once the sales order is entered into Mie Trak, scheduling and tracking is much easier and reliable.

Jeffrey S.

"Service Help"

What do you like best?

After I put in a service request, I almost immediately get a phone call. This morning, my call was answered at 6:45 am pacific time. Great customer service. The rep was very helpful in navigating my way through MieTrak.

What do you dislike?

I am looking for solutions to specific report questions. Many of the thing that I am asking for are either updates or need to be done as an extra charge. I don't really want to learn how to do SQL scripts, but I suspect that I will take a look and see if this is worth my time.

Ability to generate good reports quickly.

Donald B.

"Recommended software"

What do you like best?

The flexiblity of the software. They were able to integrate our nesting software.

What do you dislike?

The delay when we open a module for the first time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For sure

Mie Trak Pro is a complete solution for our kind of business from the quote, manufacturing and invoicing. They made a complete integration with our nesting software. We're now much more efficient.

Learn more about MIE Trak Pro

MIE Trak Pro Videos

Learning about MIE Trak Pro?

* We monitor all MIE Trak Pro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.