MeetEdgar Reviews & Product Details

MeetEdgar Overview

What is MeetEdgar?

MeetEdgar is the premier social media management tool for small businesses and entrepreneurs. MeetEdgar provides an effective way of scheduling and organizing content to automate publishing. With our automation features, we automatically generate social media updates for your content and post them even when you get to the end of your content queue. The time has finally come and we’re so excited to share that MeetEdgar now supports Instagram! Starting today, users can now schedule content in their MeetEdgar account for Instagram in the same place they schedule Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin content! Everything you publish with Edgar is stored in an organized library and arranged into categories, like “Quotes,” “Blog Posts,” or “Cat Puns.” To save even more time, you can add content in bulk or connect him to an RSS feed. Create a schedule that tells Edgar when to publish from each category. That way, he always knows what types of status updates to post at which times, sharing the right variety of content automatically. When Edgar makes his way through all the new content in a category, he’ll simply start recycling older updates. He’ll never run out of things to say, and your posts will be seen by a new audience, bringing more traffic your way! Your library is organized into categories, and your schedule is built around the types of things you want to post. Once you define your categories and schedule, Edgar makes sure your queue is never empty – ever. When he’s published everything from a category, Edgar re-shares older updates that people might have missed the first time around – and every time he does, you can get brand new traffic.

MeetEdgar Details

Social media sharing and scheduling software

We double your traffic.

MeetEdgar Reviews

Showing 44 MeetEdgar reviews
Already have MeetEdgar?
Founding Director
What do you like best?

The best part of Edgar for me is the ability to store and reuse content. We can create content that is relevant to that month and then reuse it every year! It also has a feature that will suggest alternate text so you can vary your content and have "new" tweets about the same subject. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the Twitter content can only be used once, but that is because of Twitter, not Edgar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have content that could bear repeating, Edgar is the best solution we've found. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It saves us a ton of time on our social media accounts while allowing us to post fresh content daily. We don't have dedicated staff, but we still have a solid social presence. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The easy to use interface is very helpful, but the best feature is the auto-generating variation and the categorization. With the classification, I can easily designate categories of content and have them auto cycle based on my publishing calendar. The autogenerating feature helps easily create posts and content and retires them as needed or recycles them. what used to take time and resources in compiling data and copy for posts now make it a snap as Edgar autogenerates copy and posts for us to edit saving us time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no ability to manage paid ads through Edgar and the content calendar would be nicer if it had a drag and drop interface. I would also have preferred the ability to choose the category colors based on my own submissions when creating new categories as opposed to having them randomly assigned. I do love the user interface of Edgar but it would be nice if it had a bit more of a professional skin or the ability to change it based on your own preference. As a B2B marketer, it's important that the tools we use also provide that same level of professionalism. The reporting features within Edgar could be more robust. right now they are limited to some static numbers on a weekly basis with no ability to select dates or run specific time frames with makes it harder to track campaigns or event-based posting. One small thing that bugs me is that in the reporting the colors seem backward where green is indicated on negative reporting and red is indicating positive gains. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If general content dissemination is your goal then Edgar provides and easy to use interface that is great for recycling evergreen content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have a lot of evergreen content and keeping that cycling through in season cycles is important to our sales cycles. Edgar helps us define and disseminate our content on our terms with minimal effort. we can easily drop content into our designated buckets or categories and then set times for certain campaigns or events and Edgar will auto retire posts from our library so we aren't scrambling during events or conferences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

The best part about it is that you can schedule a post multiple times with just a few clicks. You are able to create projects. We use it for blogs and pushing those blogs onto social media. So we would have a board for each client then put the blogs in there. I would created a task to publish on certain days and at certain times. You can also export your information. Like the published dates, where and what. It also has a tool that comes up with the copy for your post for you. I would highly recommend this tool for social media users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can not download the full post, copy and graphic int he reports. I might not be clicking a button but as of yet I have not figured it out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a year. And if you have issues reach out to Egar, they are nice and are willing to make whatever the issue is, right. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having content on certain days is important to me and my clients. Wednesday Wisdom, TipTuesday, etc. Edgar allows me to do this and am able to keep up with all the info I need to post. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Associate
What do you like best?

Good software for automation of social posting so you can set it and forget it. Works great on Twitter Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You could only set the frequency to daily rather than bi-weekly or on X day every month. Made it difficult to automate our process as we don't post daily Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Works great for daily posting at a certain time. Does not work so great on weekly or monthly postings as you will have to manually set it up each take which takes away from the whole point of the software as an automation platform for maintenance on social media Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Maintaining posts on social media to engage followers and grow our market presence Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Associate
What do you like best?

What I like most about the Edgar Social Media Management software is that it automates our social media to stay relevant and top of mind. It allows us to grow our base without having to constantly micromanage our channels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are not enough options for posting schedules. It works really well for a daily posting but does not allow for weekly or bi-weekly posting to be scheduled. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Edgar is a great social media software to help a business grow their online presence in the social media world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving our social media management automation with Edgar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ESL Teacher
E-Learning
What do you like best?

My favorite part of Meet Edgar is how they handle the recurring sharing of content. All the benefits of automation with really granular control over what goes out, when it goes out, and where it goes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm growing wearing of waiting for publishing for Pro Instagram accounts and Pinterest pinning. Those are important features to me, and they've been promised for months now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Edgar is worth every penny at full price, plus they periodically run discounted subscription plans. It does not do EVERYthing, but what it does it does extremely well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I need to manage quite a few accounts that have revoling evergreen content. Edgar not only provides this feature, but has options where I can quicly and easily made changes to update schedules, edit content, or juggle queues.

My only disatisfaction with Edgar is that, when I started using the service, there was (and remains) a promise of Instagram and Pinterest integrations. There is Instagram service; however, the accounts I serve are pro accounts and Edgar hasn't made this feature avaiable yet. Also, Pinterest is now where to be seen. These channels have huge potential. If Edgar provided them, I could give a totally unqualified endorsement for social media management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Director
What do you like best?

It simplifies social media sharing and management and makes like easier! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The limit of accounts is probably the most inconvenient thing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time that I would be using to update social media accounts is now being used in other areas. We all realize social media is an important part of a marketing strategy but too much time in the minutia can result in undesired consequences. AKA you aren't spending time doing the most valuable things. MeetEdgar frees up time and allows you company or agency to focus on higher value activities.

We are sharing across multiple platforms on multiple accounts and it is making a real difference in our day to day management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

The ability to cycle my evergreen content automatically means I'm able to have a great social presence for each person on my team. Pricing is fair and hasn't creeped up over time. Additionally it is a big comfort to know that there will never be significant droughts in my feed if I don't manage to update each feed as regularly as I should. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd like the option for increased account management (even if it means a bill increase). As a growing team it would be very helpful to know that the platform is going to continue to grow with me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MeetEdgar has made providing a social media presence for my team possible. As a 1 man shop it's great to be able to spend an hour or two a week and schedule a fresh, persistent stream of content on my teams (8 pages). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have a lot of content that I create, but as a small business person, I don't have the bandwidth or team to keep posting it to social channels. With MeetEdgar, I've been able to regularly share evergreen content that gives my blog and vlog posts a much longer lifespan. I've definitely seen an uptick in traffic by using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You can't tag individuals in LinkedIn posts which makes it more challenging for the B2B space that doesn't use Pinterest or Instagram. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I had a lot of content that was sitting there, doing nothing. If I wanted to keep it out there, I had to spend a lot of time crafting editorial calendars and then cutting and pasting. I love that the categories allows me to segment the content and then put it in the right platform queues at the right days/times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
What do you like best?

The automation and the library where you can keep it all in one place. Also, the variation feature is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could share the post directly on IG without having to be near our phone to post it ourselves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saves time. Makes it easier to organize social posts and schedule. ROI b/c we were able to cut down on our social media staff. Provide a better ROI for Clients b/c an increase in frequency has increased the exposure for our Clients on Facebook and LInkedin, which resulted in higher conversions for Clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The Writer's Muse + The Writer's Producer
What do you like best?

I've been an Edgar customer almost since the beginning. It's easy to use, intuitive interface makes social scheduling a breeze, but what really sold me was the content library that builds up over time, so after you've done the initial set up and pulled in your RSS feeds, it really does become set it and forget it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some scheduling features that I wish were a little easier to work with in terms of duplication and drag and drop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be willing to take the time to sit down and spend several hours filling in all your content. Then set a scheduled time once every week or month to add in new content. Voila. All done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social media scheduling without the headache. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Edgar has made social media simple and organized. Once a week is all it takes to upload new content. It's super user-friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It creates similar post copy for Twitter since you're unable to tweet the same tweet twice. However, the majority of the time, this auto-generated copy isn't something we'd use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social media used to not be a focus for us. Now seeing the Edgar's ROI, we've contracted someone solely to run our social media via Edgar. Game changer! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Front End Developer III
What do you like best?

I can add posts to my library and I do not have to think about it again its there and will rotate through Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish I could create libraries that would only go out between two different dates and repeat every year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I now do not have to spend hours planning facebook posts and can focus on other areas of business that make me money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to pause or skip posts. Also, the ability to add variations can be helpful, depending on the type of post. Linking the RSS feed to autofind new blogs we write is great too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Instagram scheduling is only available for iOS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make Instagram scheduling available for Droid ASAP please Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Edgar is great for keeping your evergreen content in rotation - as a social media manager, it's easy to write a bunch of great posts for your website content and forget about them after awhile. Much like a favorite playlist, Edgar keeps them in your rotation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner, Designer, Artist
What do you like best?

I love that I can spend an hour loading up posts and memes and such, and have it literally take care of all of it for me for a month or more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Facebook favors posts made from within it's 'walls' - so it's not an end-all solution. You still have to post manually once in a while. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There's a learning curve, but it's completely worth it, even if you're only using it for one-off posts. Ideally, though - use it to re-post. It helps to make sure people see your content! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Any regular posts or editorial posts we want to share repeatedly saves us so much time! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
Design
What do you like best?

I love how simple and visual it all is. Makes scheduling easy and quick. Love how easy it is to import RSS feeds too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can't do at the moment is schedule to Instagram direct, but I know they are working on this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a cost-effective and easy to use social media management system then use Edgar. Easily the best I've used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Efficient scheduling of my client's posts makes me and my business look professional and saves me time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

I appreciate that Edgar makes it easy to schedule social posts across different channels. My favorite feature is the ability to categorize posts so you can decide, for example, that you want webinar promotions to go out every Tuesday at 1pm and new blog posts to go out every Friday at 9am. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When we first purchased Edgar, the tool offered the ability to report on social media engagement by category. In other words, we could compare how our followers engaged with posts in our "E-Books" category versus our "Webinar" category and make decisions accordingly. For some reason, they quickly removed that feature and Edgar now has no reporting capabilities.

It was also initially very useful for recycling and rescheduling old content, but due to recent Twitter TOS updates, that's no longer allowed. As a result, Edgar is pretty much useless to us now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Save time on social scheduling Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Has a lot of the major functionality of enterprise platforms for a fraction of the price. Plus support is great too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No idea why my LinkedIn profile pic won't appear and we can't change colors on categories. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You honestly cannot go wrong with Edgar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing multiple social media channels. Massive cost savings from not having to babysit a queue of posts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content Strategist
Retail
What do you like best?

I'm 3-4x as effective in 1/4 the time. I used to be perpetually wracked by this feeling of 'uh oh' whenever I had been away from Twitter and Facebook for more than a half-hour or so. Now, I use those platforms to do the fun, network-y stuff that's enjoyable, and Edgar handles all of the ugh-type posting (inspirational quotes in pretty frames, links to articles along with a pull quote and image, evergreen brand-building posts) that used to occupy most of my Twitter and Facebook time.

Like everybody, I've been frustrated by rapidly-diminishing reach on social media. Edgar is the perfect solution to a lot of my woes, allowing me to gain followers, spark engagement and build the brand even while I'm not actively working (even while I'm actively sleeping).

I feel like I'm gushing, but the number of times that I've signed up for a platform/service and been overwhelmed with the value, efficacy and customer service after significant usage is 1. If you're wondering what that feels like, it's great. I recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I strongly dislike that Edgar only works with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. If Edgar worked with Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Spotify, Reddit, Snapchat and Messenger like it did with the current triumvirate, I would be beside myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pull the trigger. You'll love the people you work with/speak to, the platform is better than advertised and the UI/UX is like a warm, blue dream. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Edgar is elegant. The content library/queue system allows me to automate background-level activity on social media (using Edgar's Chrome extension, I can take an article I'm reading and turn it into an evergreen, thought-leader type post with link & image in 3-4 seconds) without getting in the way of organic usage, networking, etc.

I would argue that Edgar is underpriced (or a great value, at least), given what it does, and that's allow me to spend 2-3 hours a week loading new/fresh content into Edgar's library/content queue, which then means that Facebook (Groups and Pages, both), Twitter and LinkedIn are all operating even when I'm not at a computer, blasting out links to good content (including mine), images I made and optimized in Canva, etc.

I do the kind of posting I don't care for (inspirational quotes, pull-quotes from good articles with proper hashtags, etc) in one block a week, and then the rest of my time on, say, Twitter is spent looking for and interacting with interesting content and users. I never have that nagging, guilty feeling of 'I haven't tweeted in _____ mins/hours,' because all of my work-related accounts are consistently blasting out good content, using a schedule I created.

It feels like cheating, it's so awesome and effective and intuitive. BUT, given what I've seen and heard, MeetEdgar's folks are among the most committed to not going afoul of TOSs, and they are SUPER communicative. I had the Support folks tweet at me on my personal account to answer a question I'd emailed them a few days prior bc they noticed I had not opened the mass email that answered that very question. Helpful and pleasant, always. I love them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

- The software helps you to keep the content organized by groups and it posts them accordingly.

- With Edgar, you can manage a few different Facebook, Linkedin and tweeter accounts at the same time.

- Since only about 10% of all users are reached with each post, we use the tool to re-post the content regularly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system does not pull the images properly from the blog article and I could not find the way to fix the issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content posting automation. We completely automated the process of content posting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communication Assistant
Media Production
What do you like best?

Edgar's interface is nice and beautiful, I love the post preview and the rotating libraries Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't just "stop" a calendar. If i need to stop my posts i will need to erase the calendar. This is very annoying if Im thinking about stopping my posts for a couple of days but I want to go back to my calendar later.

I also think it is very expensive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Edgar is great if you have a big budget but if you're struggling with budget I better recommend Recur Post. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Edgar helps me liberating time. Before I would have to manually post every entry into my social media but now I can just schedule everything at the beginning of each month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graphic Design & Web Development, Social Media & Marketing
What do you like best?

I've used Edgar and am a huge fan. It's the best solution that I've found to date that allows you to recirculate web content and easily add new content. You'd be surprised how valuable it is to republish past articles and information from your website to drive more traffic. It's user-friendly and a great asset. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is a little pricey and I can't tag other social media businesses and it doesn't integrate with Instagram. Adding the ability to tag other businesses within the workspace would be ideal. However, the workaround is that I just edit the post after it goes live - so not the end of the world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are versed in Social Media and have content to share, this will save you tons of time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pre-scheduling content and promotions and keeping my Facebook Business pages updating with content on a regular basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Edgar allows us to keep our best content in a queue and makes it so simple to share others' content as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish it cost less, but it is well worth it for our small organization (2-10 employees). Additionally, navigating and completing some bulk actions is not always intuitive but they have made some great improvements in recent months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great fit for our small organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We want to keep our social media presence going but we just didn't have the manpower. Edgar is like having a part-time staff member. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Edgar is extremely easy to use, and allows you to plan a social media posting schedule that is complex in nature due to the varying channels within the library. We switched to Edgar from Buffer, and didn't look back. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there is anything that I didn't find satisfied our needs from this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do a trial and see if it's a good fit. I feel confident you'll switch from your current provider. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a small business, our company didn't have a marketing or social media team that could put in much time to social media. Therefore, Edgar empowered me as a one-woman marketing team to create a posting schedule, then move on to other tasks for the rest of the week (or two!) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Absolutely love the ability to upload/update content, have it saved in a "content bank", set a schedule and Edgar automatically populates posting based on the calendar set. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not posting for IG or analytics. Otherwise, it would be absolutely perfect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a fantastic tool for anyone looking to have optimized auto-populated content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Edgar is wonderful—saving HOURS and HOURS a week scheduling posts with this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.