McAfee Security Services Reviews & Product Details

McAfee Security Services Overview

What is McAfee Security Services?

Armed with the latest tools, strategies, and knowledge to address your global security needs, our comprehensive services include everything from incident response and security risk assessments to comprehensive, customized deployments and training. We offer a full range of services that span the entire McAfee portfolio of solutions and ensure you get heightened visibility into your overall security posture.

McAfee Security Services Details

8,967 employees on LinkedIn®

McAfee Security Services Reviews

Showing 45 McAfee Security Services reviews
Location
Already have McAfee Security Services?
Social Marketing Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

McAfee provides a range of options for different users that use Computer or a number of servers, this anti-virus enables to safeguard the accessibility components and the security of the data and accessibility to the internet. McAfee has a variety of choices, including smartphone security for team members. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is really an easy-to-use anti-virus, and it offers the essential to safeguard my computer, it's excellent for detecting the present malware on the Internet and keeping my computer safe and sound. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I've absolutely no problems, I really like it gives me the security I need and protect my pc from all types of online threats.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Good security services provided by McAfee, recommended to all who would like to protect their data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With this particular anti-virus application, I can easily scan my pc for any possible threats available, which could affect my pc data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Analyst
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

McAfee provides a several number of security products that prevent viruses, malware and other security threats. Products are available for PC, tablets, and phones, and can be purchased at most big box technology stores or purchased and downloaded from McAfee's online stores. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

McAfee is not only reliable, but it's "auto-renew" feature prevents me from forgetting to renew my digital security system. McAfee is also available without auto-renew, but still remind you before your subscription runs out. McAfee also routinely updates, which means your security system is always up to date on the latest virus prevention software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

McAfee isn't cheap, but it also isn't very expensive. Typically the first year is greatly discounted (like $35-45) and every year thereafter the renewal rate is about $65. However, you can usually buy a bundle package, which allows you to ensure multiple devices. If you purchase this and use it on multiple computers, tablets, etc. your cost per installation is much more affordable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

There are alternatives to McAfee Security Services, so consider your needs (Apple v. PC, Phone v. Computer) and budget first, but overall McAfee offers good bang for the buck and customer service is reliable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Earlier I was in doubt about losing any data from the system due to hacking, now iam confident about complete system security. I can easily serve any website without fear. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

McAfee provides a number of security products that prevent viruses, malware, phishing, and other security threats. Products are available for a PC's, tablets, and phones, and can be purchased at most big box technology stores or purchased and downloaded from McAfee's online storefront. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

McAfee is not only reputable and reliable, but it's "auto-renew" feature prevents me from forgetting to renew my digital security system and compromising it. McAfee is also available without auto-renew, but will still remind you before your subscription runs out. McAfee also routinely updates (automatically with your permission), which means your security system is always up to date on the latest virus prevention software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

McAfee isn't cheap, but it also isn't terribly expensive. Typically the first year is greatly discounted (like $35-45) and every year thereafter the renewal rate is about $65. However, you can usually buy a bundle package, which allows you to ensure multiple devices. If you purchase this and use it on multiple computers, tablets, etc. your cost per installation is much more affordable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

There are alternatives to McAfee Security Services, so consider your needs (Apple v. PC, Phone v. Computer, Personal v. Business) and budget first, but overall McAfee offers good bang for the buck and customer service is reliable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GT
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Any time there is a problem with my computer and I feel that it is security related, I check McAfee to determine the source of the issue. I can also rely on McAfee to not only detect threats, but eliminate them based on their algorithm. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like seeing when a threat has been eliminated, especially if I had not asked for it because to me it shows that it knows when something is an issue and doesn't wait for me to always make that determination. If I did it myself every time, it would probably be too late. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the Scan System button was larger because usually when I go to the main consoles I like to see a large button that says "Scan" because it makes you feel better when you are feeling threatened. You feel like you're actually taking hold of your computer's issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I would say that McAfee has made a name for itself and it is an easily recognizable brand that people can trust. I would go with McAfee for most of your security needs as it is more than likely they will live up to your expectations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Administrator
Higher Education
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

This application has made is easy to identify threats to my computer which holds very confidential information in regards to our university files and personal documentation. We work with so much sensitive data it is imperative to have security software that will help in managing all the data we store electronically, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The scan features are easy to use it is one click and it scans everything in minutes while also capturing sensitive information on the computer. It is also extremely user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far there is nothing I dislike about the product it is very easy to use. I would suggest the product to anyone it is constantly updating and improving to address the needs of the computer system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I highly suggest utilizing this product it has been perfected over the years and is still represented as one the best security software out there on the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head cheerleading coach- Junior Varsity
Primary/Secondary Education
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I had McAfee as the majority of my security for computers that I've used at multiple work places I've been. It has always been a great way to protect my computers, but I find the renewal length to be frustrating. I feel that if there was a way to renew the protection for my products for a longer amount of time that it would be more efficient Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that it's a dependable security system for my computers to work effectively. Nothing is worse than your computer getting a virus, and frustration doesn't stop there. McAfee gives the ability for users to feel secure and to know that their product will work for them, even when they don't have to think about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The main that I disliked was the short time for subscription. I felt that it was best served if there was a long term solution that could continue over multiple years versus yearly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Dueño principal
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

It is perfectly capable of protecting your computer against threats that persist online. It allows users to make customized installations, only the modules that they feel they need and want to use frequently, the package integrates very well with the network functions of the Windows operating system.

It allows you to make a group at home so you can share files and folders through the local network and also to work with the applications of the Windows platform. The ideal Internet security suite for offices is the protection you need while browsing the web and using its functions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like about mcAfee is that it works against viruses and not against your PC. Otherwise, it is quite easy to navigate through the program and create exceptions for the programs that AVG blocks incorrectly.

I have used many antivirus programs over the years and many of them have always come into conflict with other programs. I use my Internet or I did much more than just keep viruses out of my PC. McAfee does the work, gives you options on how to do it, and gives you statistics about what is happening. Its easy-to-navigate user interface makes the problems that occasionally arise easily solvable, compared to most other programs that exist. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No he tenido un problema con este programa. Me gusta mucho Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Protect all your devices with an optimized quality antivirus that does not slow down the PC making its use a nightmare. The free version offers basic protection against viruses, while the paid version provides other important functions, such as antimalware capabilities. It also offers system optimization tools, but if you have a relatively low-level computer, it could consume more resources making your computer a little slower. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Realtor
Farming
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We use McAfee for our computer security services to help us avoid getting viruses and phishing. You can train people not to click on things until you are blue in the face, but sometimes they don't get it. The attack attempts are getting sneakier and more believable as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It does a really great job at protecting our computers even when people click on things they shouldn't Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price is too high even though the service is excellent. They also have too many pop ups for reminders and such. Our less experienced computer users don't even read them usually and just click to make them go away, which isn't always a good thing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

There are many security companies our there, but this one has worked the best so far. Expensive, but worth the money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Coordinator
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We used them for all our cyber security. They were in charge of making sure all the personal payment information we had to hold in our system were safe. They did for the most part, but as we grew they weren’t able to help us! Hopefully they have gotten better since we switched! They are such a great company! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The price is reasonable and they have wonderful customer service that truly strives to help! They work really hard with what they have! I hope after a couple years they will be able to offer better services! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We had to drop them when they no okay her were able to keep all our information store securely. We would have stayed if they could have guaranteed us more security with personal payment information. You get what you paid for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I've used McAfee over the years for general virus protection. I don't believe that it's better than the built in one that comes with your windows machine. It cost extra money and if i'm being honest, quite an annoyance with all the pop ups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I would not recommend this service. I don't find it to be as accurate as windows defender / security center. It seems more risky to use this then the basic service provided with the computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

All the pop ups, it seems more like a virus than a virus removal tool. I don't think that the software is updated nearly enough to keep up with all the newest vulnerabilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Don't use it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GH
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

All yoiu need to protect all your devices round the clock from all breaches of firewall possible Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Automatic scns and updates does not interrupt your activities while keeping you safe from attacks on your systems Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing this application serves all my tech protection needs and keeps me well informed of possible attacks on my firewall Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Great product great service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Protection from viruses mallware etc Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I use McAfee for protecting myself. Pretty much as an antivirus Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

it gives you much protection you need such as the total protection up to 5 devices, but I have the plan for protecting my 10 devices which is $109.99, so you can have a password manager, you can have home network protection even the file lock Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

it's not cheap and it really cost much. $109.99 is just so much money for this service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Go away and smell the roses, you can't tell unless you use it yourself. I mean I have had it for almost 9 years but I guess I am just used to it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Registered Nurse
Hospital & Health Care
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I have personally used it at home, also have used it at work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I suppose it keeps my computer's safe from virsuses at work Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For home use, it seems like a virus in and of itself. Even with this product, I still managed to get viruses. I have found better and less annoying service since. You can never get rid of this product once it's installed without some serious work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Independant Distributor
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I had Mcafee anti-virus which helped with malware identity theft and viruses easy set-up and use. Came with a free trial also when signing up. Great customer service and not too expensive if you choose to continue services after free trial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Loved thay a free trial was offered to try the security services before buying. Love that it runs automatically in the background and gives a thorough report along with options to keep all data safe & secure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Did not perform as well with virus protection, but had no other complaints. Runs smooth & quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Business Analyst
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Provides overall protection to your devices irrespective of their types. Can be a PC or a cellphone. Does not slow down the PC performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Does not occupy much size in your hard disk. Does not affect the PC performance but only works against the viruses. Free version is also available for all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t find any drawbacks of using this application. If I find later on in future, would surely like to update. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Great service for security for anyone from an individual to a large company. This can be used on Windows or a Mac and it is extremely easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

You can use this product for many different features. They have antivirus protection,, firewall protection, antispam protection and limited parental control features but they still have them. I do believe it has the best option for Malware protection, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are not enough options for parental control. Also, the computer is a little slow while McAfee is running in the background. It is one of the highest priced anti viral protections out there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

There are other products that work just as well for a smaller price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

There are other free security programs to use. This one always alerts and bothers you. Everything is an apparent threat to my computer. There was a security threat with a USB inserted into my computer. McAfee did find and protect my data from a Trojan virus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They have a free trial program I have used years in the past. I do feel like this program helps clean junk also to keep your computer running fast and to keep from getting bogged down. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A lot of elderly people get talked into using this security program but dont understand how to use it and are worried they are always under attack. The constant alerts makes me less likely to want to use this program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I used this product on my work computer a few years ago since I needed antivirus protection. While I think it did provide some protection, it was unable to protect against viruses like Trojan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Not much really. It's a pretty basic antivirus program for someone who needs to cover their bases with such protection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like that this product did not offer much protection. The customer service was not very helpful either. Even after charging an arm and a leg, they could not remove the Trojan from my computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Go with a better product rather than using this. The last time I used it, it did not provide the necessary security. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GH
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

McAfee is a malware protection service that offers a free version and then a paid version that offers more protection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the fact that McAfee automatically installs and doesnt require constant updating to be able to protect you against viruses. It also automatically doesnt let you visit cerain sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that it doesnt offer full protection for free. Also sometimes it doesnt let me access sites that dont have encrypted addresses, even if I personally know that the sites are safe. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Just use the free version, you dont need the paid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

McAfee software screens the computer in the background and by manually to detect and destroy malware.

There are business and personal versions available for all users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how it is always running and it won't over use the memory or cpu capacity to slow down any business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how it is a paid system. There are many free security softwares that do similar things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I like how they are really careful in the quarantine service, as they need to be careful with any suspicious emails but it may delay some business if data were flagged. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

asistente administrativo
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

mcafee helped me with the security of my computer giving me a reassurance to know that I am free of viruses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like is that apart from the security and efficiency offered by this program, it has a virus available on the net and has the option to use a free version before buying the official, BUT IF YOU HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A GOOD MCAFEE ANTIVIRUS IT IS THE ONE YOU WANTED. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS SOME WITH THIS PROGRAM, EXCELLENT Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I RECOMMEND THIS ANTIVIRUS FOR MANY REASONS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR ME IS THAT IT PROTECTS ALL MY DOCUMENTS AND MY TEAM IN A VERY EFFICIENT WAY Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GA
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I own 4 computers, both for personal and business tasks. I needed a system that was clear and concise to understand in order to be sure that my equipment was being property protected from malicious activity/attacks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that the platform provides a simple and easy to use interface in order to tell what viruses or threats my computer might be prone to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the automatic scans and other notifications can be overwhelming, especially when using across multiple computers. I was able to control this by configuration of the settings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I would recommend giving this service an opportunity as it has been proven effective for my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GG
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

McAfee is an internet virus and spyware protection and removal software. It comes with most of the computers I have purchased. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It has an excellent antivirus software that detects and removes problems quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It eats up your computer alive. It has backdoor programs and background software that take up all the cpu and internet RAM and memory. It slows the entire system down. There are too many moving parts to this software. You have to do several internet uninstaliations as well as file inspections to be sure you removed the entire thing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Psychotherapist
Mental Health Care
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I have used McAfree Security Services on my computer for my business for many years and have found it to be a reliable security system, providing updates and user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to install and affordable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can get pop ups about updates that can pop up a lot and can be annoying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Research
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

This program has helped me a ton when I got to any website, I know that my computer is protected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The program is easy to use and running the anti-virus scans work wonderfully Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing I really dislike about the program, it's wonderful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.