LiquidPlanner Reviews & Product Details

LiquidPlanner Overview

What is LiquidPlanner?

LiquidPlanner gives teams a better way to plan and execute work. More than 1,000 technology, development, and manufacturing teams use our online project management solution to get more done. LiquidPlanner offers predictive, resource-based scheduling technology that accounts for priorities, resources, and uncertainty, allowing teams to focus on the right work at the right time and make informed decisions. Founded in 2007, LiquidPlanner is privately held and headquartered in Seattle, Washington. For more information about our award-winning technology, visit www.liquidplanner.com. For company news and updates, visit us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.

LiquidPlanner Details

Project management and time tracking need each other. Even though tracking time can feel like an administrative task with no real value for anyone, it’s an indispensable part of project work. LiquidPlanner gives organizations the only resource-driven project management software. Use it to manage a full portfolio of projects.

When push comes to shove, there’s one big way we’re different than all of the other kids on the block: We believe that setting and communicating priorities is the single most important thing you can do to make your team more effective. When you build your plan around priorities instead of hundreds of hard-coded dates, magic happens. Scheduling multiple projects becomes easier than ever before. People know what to work on. Whenever priorities change, so do your schedules—automatically.

LiquidPlanner

LiquidPlanner Reviews

Showing 217 LiquidPlanner reviews
Already have LiquidPlanner?
Media Relations Consultant
What do you like best?

It is a satisfactory forum for working with since it enables big tasks with high performance, the service is nice to enable customers to focus their effort on making more solid and effective decision making on each of their needs and the service offers convenient access across online and mobile devices. I like the opportunities to build coherent automated processes for designing practices for sustainable action management that cause organizational priorities by incorporating robust management figures in line with access to instruments which appreciate the order in which their previously designed approaches to promoting the opening of project management plans are being applied. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Working with several tasks concurrently is a challenge that becomes very difficult, since the program becomes unreliable to deal with and sometimes absolutely useful information is lost, the software has a slight learning curve, since the device has some points with which that it is complex to operate if you do not have a clear understanding of its function. The control power performed by LiquidPlanner programming is impaired by an erroneous timetable of phase change focuses a disposition of execution of segmental strategies of managerial realization categorizations, they have shortcomings in their power to assign responsibilities for the implementation of speedy regulatory requirements of successful formative impulse theoretical contemplations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Liquidplanner has a data retention framework that offers comprehensive and useful knowledge for greater control of enterprise and improved efficiency when carrying out rigorous tasks and the system is highly easy to use and easy-to-implement. You can automate your jobs with automated productivity powers, work with real-time oversight, analyzes the management capacity of the work order of the business, supports verifiable operating tasks to schedule partnerships with the liquid plan framework, allowing digital resource management organizational security details to be ratified. It is very cheap, because of its optimum operation, the service can be assumed to be very good for all companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The platform us in tracking all of our plans and helps us to draw up detailed plans and analyze all our assets; solving every issue. For further market growth activities, I would advise that the Liquid planer scheme offers some transparency. In any case, data helps one to manage smarter decisions to produce better outcomes. LiquidPlanner possesses the ability to evaluate the usefulness of predictable workload adaptation processes, where the system of this program could have the requisite multifarious organizational routine improvement to allow the enterprise to use a verifiable new articulated functionality to the equal and required proportion of the workload. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how team members are enabled to handle duties depending their priorities.

No assignment hangs or drags the progress of projects as members are notified before time expires .

Project calender is always updated and event and duties planned as well as approvals and modifications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all,so far we have not noted any negativity about this software and is promising to work even better according to the progress they are taking . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For best management and project organisation while working comfortably from any point of the globe,join LiquidPlanner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Duties allocation and assigning according to their priorities.

Project list updates and forwarding as well as approving depending on agency.

Team comment as well as discussion .

Project planing and updates .

Easy to use,cheap and available across the globe .

Distance working is effective and no time barrier .

Projects are prioritized according to their agency . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of sharing information with our project team members. The ease of having all users perform their own updates and tracking progress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We don't always use the system to track tasks based on level of effort or time tracking. It would be nice to track percents by number of tasks vs hours depending upon project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When reviewing systems, I found LiquidPlanner the simplest system for my project team members to adopt. Each user noticed a significant increase in their own time management by removing the manual reporting of tasks and status. We experienced a net improvement 25% in time management. My staff would always state how much time of their day they just gained to work on other areas by 1: always knowing where we were on a project, 2: what was in their pipeline of tasks and 3: how to better manage their own day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I manage global finance transformation focused projects that require project team members in all locations of the world. Project plans are easily worked by all members and being able to provide real time updates to Executive management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Our company like the ability to change the priority of jobs on a daily meeting schedule. We've grown to rely on this system as the backbone of our weekly schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When we work with LP, we find that our ability track our work doesn't get to the level we want to reach, as well as having to create a false person to hold the hours and dull them from is a pain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To really see the impact for your company you need to try it for a month to three. It takes time to get the best practices and figure out what is best for your company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can deliver accurate reports to our clients on where time was spent on a projected how much is left to do. Our morning meetings have dropped from an hour and a half to fifteen minutes. Why? We all enter in our notes at night on what we did that day so our PM knows what is happening and where the project is headed. The morning meeting is now focused on what are we doing that day, rather then what as been done and where are we headed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Has all the functionalities I need in an relatively easy to use interface.

It allows for some flexibilit and tweaking without making the learning curve too steep.

In fact, I am currently satisfied with only a subset of the functionalities but looking forward to integrate LP in my workflow more efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In the timesheet tab, when adding an existing item, the search functionality it lacking in power. It only searches in the tasks' title, whereas many of the keywords I remember are in the task hierarchy, making it difficult to find anything.

I would also like to have a way to visualize how was my time distributed between different items (tasks or (sub-)projects). Something like a pie chart where I can change the time bounds and granularity of items. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Monitoring my time share between all projects.

I was able to gain a better insight of how my time is use and better estimate delays for future projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the fact that is easier to get a sense of the time a project will take especially with large cross-functional teams. It helps to get a sense id the deadline will be meat or not and how long will the delay be. It is specially useful when choosing suppliers for a certain project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the system allows you to log more than 24 hrs a day even though it is probably a mistake. Also, it is easy to have user assign themselves to tasks without previous approval. The projects time line should be more readily available. I would like to see the overall project timeline more easily as it is puts in perspective the impact of what I am working on. Aside from motivating it helps with some positive reward when you see it and how much you contributed to the success of said project. It could also help the team keep motivated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think this is a great tool to keep an organization on track with realistic goals. Specially for a new company in Medical Device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assigning resources to a task. I like that I am able to understand how free or how busy an employee is in order to make sure everyone is being used equally and have the best collaboration for a project. Also, it allows to understand how many resources said project needs and an understanding of the initial assumption needed at the start of the project and what happened at the end. With this information it is easy to plan future projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Liquid Planner helps me and all of my co-workers on track with all of our projects. With the ability to log our daily hours per project, it is easy to see how many hours are being put into different tasks. With the ability to have several people work on the same project, it allows us to se who did what work, and what still needs to be complete. Overall it has made logging hours a much easier and streamlined task. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While using liquid planner, the software does everything that I personally need it to do. When it comes to assigning new tasks for projects or logging hours that I have worked on said projects, it preforms all of these task with ease running into not one problem. If anything I would suggest making the UI of the software a but more streamline as at some points it can be hard to navigate to specific things, such as check boxes and different menus. But this has not been an issue when it comes to actively using the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend seeing how you track hours projects and tasks, and see how you would improve this system.

I would test the software out of a few months to find how Liquid Planner suits your business and other things, and see what benefits it can have for you.

Overall I would recommend using it in general, but I can see how it may not work. Like I said before, test it out an find out what benefits the software brings to you personally. Having more doesn't mean better, use it a little bit and progressively add more to do and track, for people to assign work have them put more tasks in, for people tracking hours have them put more details in for what work was done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before liquid planner, we had to submit out hours into projects individually in our system. This did not allow us to see what hours were contributed to which task. The benefits I have found using liquid planner include but aren't limited to hour management, project management, task assignment, and project time logging. All of this has helped us to keep track of each projects tasks individually, allowing us to pin point what can be improved or changed in the future, allowing for more efficiency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like being able to track my time, document notes, and assign tasks to others. The project dashboard is the most useful feature for me, to be able to understand all tasks under a project, who is working on what and how many hours are remaining. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The time tracking feature doesn’t match my workflow which can involve working on multiple projects at once. I find it’s not very visually rewarding when you finish items or mark off tasks, compared to an app like Monday. I don’t get a lot of metrics about my personal progress on tasks or my team’s progress in the aggregate. There are a lot of features that I wish I understood better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great project management application, I wish it had a CRM integration option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time tracking and timesheets so I know where I am at the end of each day. It’s nice to have the project dashboard and when implemented properly the dashboard saves me a lot of time by having all files, notes, and client details in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how it creates a schedule based on time estimates for tasks, PTO, holiday time, and meetings. For this alone, I could not live without it. The reporting and analytics tools are so great and very helpful. If I ever have a question, their support team is always quick to respond and giving me great answers and suggestions. There are so many ways to customize this tool to use it exactly how you need to use it. Logging time is easy and convenient. Finding and filtering projects is a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some users new to our team find it difficult to navigate or understand. Because there are so many ways to customize, I do see how this could be difficult sometimes. I wish it had a template feature and that all links added in the notes or comments would open in a new window. Would also love the ability to thread comments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it 1. for scheduling/project managing and 2. as a communications hub. It's great to have all of the information about a project in one place. It has erased the need to create schedules using spreadsheets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Operations Manager
What do you like best?

Intuitive - most features are straight-forward and the ability to drag and drop or change and rename tasks, projects, folders and workspaces etc on the fly is a big time-saver. Customer support has always been very responsive and helpful and they listen to feedback from users. Although I don't use it nearly as much any more working remote, the mobile app is nice for those on the go who want to stay current on the projects and teams status. My team has also taken advantage of the occasional live webinars and online tutorials to get the most of Liquid Planner which we find to be very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike in my opinion but it is a bit higher priced than some of the other competitors we have tried out. However as the saying goes, you often get what you pay for and Liquid Planner is a top notch product so the value is still there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Liquid Planner is a feature-rich intuitive product. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking large-scale data and technology projects across multiple teams within the organization. The ability to run various analytics reports and easily extract my teams hours and budgeting by projects/tasks has made certain aspects of my job much more efficient. The search functionality makes it very easy to locate tasks, projects, documents or notes even from years ago which can be a big help. Sharing files and information securely is very easy which has never been more necessary with most working remote these days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Liquid Planner works for a lot of businesses, Independence of what you do. It affords a lot of leeway in programming your way of doing things into the platform. That way you can adapt it, be your company an ad agency or construction crew.

The time tracking is one of the most important parts for me, it tracks separately by member and you can also generate a ton of reports by client or type of projects. It gives a lot of choices to personalize. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to use. Since it is possible to personalize a lot, there is much to select and boxes to tick. It is also buggy, sometimes you'll click a done project and be taken to another one.

The mobile version is awful, and to me that's the worst part of it. You are required to use a Desktop computer most of the time, or you can't do a lot of stuff, like scrolling through projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is very good for organization, keeping track of what people are doing at all times, and time tracking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love being able to track my daily, weekly, and monthly tasks. The addition of milestones to monitor project success has been vital it helping us to track key project elements during and after project completion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It’s not super colorful or creative in design. I’d love for there to be other elements to draw my attention or have items stand out differently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This a great resource for anyone looking to monitor their projects and workflows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We’re able to figure out where the hangups or issues arise with client projects through task and milestone completion. It’s great to be able to see a visual representation of how to improve the process or explain the timeline to clients throughout the process. Looking at the timeline of projects and hangups allows us to look at the overall cost of the project to determine if we’re on track for pricing, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Liquidplanner is a real project and tasks management tool that allow us o plan,schedule and organise all of our projects on the go.

It fully eases monitoring and tracking he progress of our projects and tasks on the go. It collaborates our teams hence maximise their perfomance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Liquidplanner has been meeting all of our projects management needs and solve them once, so no complain this far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recimmend it to all of them because it has everything we need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

-Collaborating our teams and maximising their productivity.

- It eases accessing of our projects folders.

- Organise,plan and schedule our projects according to priority of needs.

- Classifies our projects.

- It is very easy to implement it and flexible across various devices so its availability is guaranteed.

- We use it to prepare projects' budget and invoices.

It has a lot of benefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that LiquidPlanner is so flexible in its applications. We're able to share files, communicate with clients, and keep track of both open and closed jobs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do wish the experience of clients (portal guests, in the technical terminology) was more in tune with that of administrators so that we could more easily instruct clients in navigation - and so they have more flexibility in navigation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't be afraid to reach out. While they can't always answer the questions right away, customer service is usually very willing to help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

LiquidPlanner gives everyone in our office a centralized repository to see what jobs are in the queue, what's coming up, and what everyone is working on. It's invaluable especially when someone is out of town or sick and someone else needs to pick up a task or two. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Partner, Strategic Consultant
What do you like best?

The ability to determine an individual person's capacity and availability to get a task done. Our ability to easily see our labor costs on a project. The ability to manage resources overall projects, adjust project timelines and adjust priorities of tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It takes time for team members to learn how to use the tool. Project managers have want to still use spreadsheets to create a plan before putting it into LiquidPlanner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This team is always willing to listen to our needs, offer suggestions on how to achieve our goals and work with you to make sure your implementation is successful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Grouping of efforts by the client and able to see billable hours by department and team. The dashboards by the client and my team assist us to identify successes and potential problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Organized way to manage projects

Easy to track time spent on a project

Tracking percentage of time for different requestors to identify groups that we could contact to market our services

Being able to track tasks of other team members working on the same project to more effectively work together

Different views to look at projects amid other projects and track time for my own projects quickly

Custom view to prioritize projects and add tags for reporting Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In timesheet view, I would prefer to have a way to determine which projects/tasks show up there versus having it prepopulate and not being able to remove old projects/tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have identified groups at our company that don't use our services as much. This allowed us to engage with them to increase project requests. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SAP Hybris Software Engineer
What do you like best?

Intuitive - the majority of features are easy and flying is a huge saver for time when dropping and dragging or perhaps renamening and changing tasks, project, workspace and folders, etc. Customer service has long been extremely responsive and also useful and user feedback has been listened to. Although I am not doing a remote phone system, the mobile application is great for all those that would like to help keep updated with teams and projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like much, but it is a little more costly than several of another competitors that we've tried. However just as the expression is concerned, you frequently get everything you buy, and so the importance nonetheless stays high. Liquid Planner is a premier product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Liquid Planner is an user-friendly product filled with features. Do not be disillusioned, give it a shot! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking large scale information as well as technology projects through a number of teams. It's made a few aspects of my work a lot more effective to operate analytical reports as well as budgeting and extract hours easily for the teams of mine by projects. The search feature makes it extremely simple even since decades to get jobs, tasks, notes or documents. Safely sharing documents and information is really simple, and with many remote folks working these days it is not necessary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the analytics, reports and data that can be pulled to make informed decisions in the best interest of production. Gives real-time estimates on job completion dates with high accuracy. It has helped to remove a glut of paperwork and streamlined all our processes to where we rely on LiquidPlanner alone for production purposes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Training employees/customers up in its use can be time-consuming. To get the information you want from reports needs a high degree of knowledge of LiquidPlanner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We couldnt accurately project job completion dates which we are now able to do. We have also made obsolete our paper systems as LiquidPlanner allows us to track times, costs, job completion rates, billable vs non-billable efficiencies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the dashboard, the view of tickets that I have been most recently tagged in so I know what i need to look at first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have a lot of issues with LP from a client services perspective, when a support ticket lands in LP the flow of the system is difficult to integrate with other systems we use. We use a very common support system to track client issues, and when those issues are pushed to LP for developers to work on the status of those Bugs and Features are very difficult to follow. Users have a hard time finding tickets, there are duplicates, just overall the system seems hard to use and hard to keep the company/clients abreast of where issues being worked on stand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I know other departments like the sprint planning and dev hours piece of the system. I don't personally use that so I don't have much personal experience to add to this question. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is easy to categorize tasks and projects for all the different departments in our company. I like that a task can be scheduled to go from one team to the next until the project is completed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to find a completed task if you don't know EXACTLY how to search for it. It doesn't pull up similar results in the search bar, only exact matches. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great service for project management. It is much easier to help a project go through different teams and departments in the right order than other project managing applications I have used before. I like having a customized dashboard with all the high priority things I need in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

LP helps our company keep track of tons of tasks from hundreds of clients and categorize them by being a high importance deadline or putting them on hold until we need it again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Architect
What do you like best?

Provides a centralized location for displaying assigned tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Once a task is Done, it kind of falls off the radar. There should be a way to view Done tasks sorted by the date that they were marked Done, in case I need to go and mark them as Undone due to additional changes that come in.

The AJAX callbacks to refresh the interface could be snappier (currently about a 1 second delay) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a consulting organization, we have a pool of developers working on tasks for many clients. LiquidPlanner helps to track which developers are working on which tasks, as well as to estimate future developer availability and whether we need to hire more people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.