Lavu

3.4

An intelligent combination of cloud computing, wireless technologies, and a sleek touchscreen interface for restaurant

Work for Lavu?

Learning about Lavu?

Lavu Reviews

Ask Lavu a Question
Showing 76 Lavu reviews
Lavu review by C Marie M.
C Marie M.

"Good Option!"

What do you like best?

I really like the control I have over the POS user interface. Lavu will have a team build it for you, but I like that I was able to do it all myself! It has the ability to setup pictures even for your menu items. It can be as fancy as you'd like, or as simple. It works anyway you want it. We used this sytem in a non traditional way while waiting fo have the funding to purchase the register, and it blew our minds how amazinly it worked even for that!

What do you dislike?

I do not like navigating around the internet interface. To me, the layout isn't very user-friendly and is confusing. I wasn't given an intro to the program like most, so it may have been explained in that, I just don't know. The layout just doesn't seem logical at all. I'm sure it will improve over time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for good option at less the expense, this works wonderful! I done research for months before going to Lavu and we're sure glad we did. Our speed of service has increased more than double of that which we had before the system!

We have virtually eliminated miscommunication within the staff using the POS to print to a kitchen printer. Now if there are errors, it is due to the lack of reading the entire line item on the print out. The system cannot fix human error, but it surely eliminates a lot of that even!

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Lavu
Lavu review by Anna J.
Anna J.

"Fantastic customer support but software tweaks still needed"

What do you like best?

Customer support, by far. Questions are quickly answered, and every interaction with CSR's, sales and training departments have been professional and any questions thoroughly answered.

What do you dislike?

The POS software itself needs tweaks to be more quick-service friendly. Example: it's hard-wired that you need a customer's phone number, first and last name in order to start an order. Also, once you search for a customer by phone #, if they aren't in the database, it doesn't automatically re-populate the phone # into the new customer record, requiring that you re-enter it. So, creating customer records is a slow process, and not really practical when handling any kind of volume.

The reports are wonderful. Automatic reconciling is great, and being able to review sales by category, etc is exciting and definitely helps us plan marketing strategy and more efficient inventory purchases.

What Restaurant POS solution do you use?

Lavu review by William T.
William T.

"A full experience of not without its own quirks"

What do you like best?

Loves it’s accessablity, ease of use. The ability to update at a moment’s notice is refreshing. It allows for me to be offsite if needed and to still get a clear picture of what is going on in my establishment

What do you dislike?

Horrible back office. Unclear reporting. Very difficult to reconcile end of business. It seems as if whomever programmed the end of business reporting has no clue what restaurant owners really need to see and do at the end of day. The product is awesome up front but then becomes completely useless at the end of day stuff. There’s a huge lack of communication between the two tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be wary of its back office. Lavu doesn’t know what to do with it or how to show you properly your end of day reconciliation. There used to be keystroke information available to management which is either gone, removed, or hidden. It takes quite a bit of time to do cash Reconciliations, so unless they show you EXACTLY how to do it when they show up and install the system, you WILL be lost. Even then, the average restaurant owner will have no clue how to read the info. Thank God I have an IT background and computer science background. If you don’t have one of these people handy in your business, I would recommend you spend all the time in the world you can with the installation rep. However, even with all of this being said, I would still recommend this over any other product I have seen. The rest of the experience outweighs the lack of back office clarity. Even though it makes this user’s experience almost too difficult.

POS, ability to update at a moments notice. Completely secure.

Lavu review by Chris R.
Chris R.

"Decent system with good online service - clunky back end"

What do you like best?

Hand held ordering is great. Learning for servers is very simple.

Very easy to view sales from back end app on my phone, computer or tablet.

Love the KDS. I wish it was a touch screen but you learn to live with it.

What do you dislike?

The back end isn't very user friendly for reports. Phone service is bad.

Too many errors in the reports when downloading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I liked Touch Bistro front end better but they didn't have a KDS which is a must.

Toast was good but they make you use a specific provider. I guess Lavu is supposed to be neutral but not exactly.. It was a bit confusing.

Can't download reports or break up data like I'd like.

The biggest benefit is table side ordering.

Lavu review by Administrator

"Some Great features, but weird glitches"

What do you like best?

Pretty user friendly and customer support usually knows how to fix what I need them to fix.

What do you dislike?

Weird glitches lately. All of a sudden things that were working fine, will stop working. For example running gift cards stopped working (Selling and charging) at one of our locations. Also we did a price increase and each location had a weird glitch in parts of the system that had worked fine before, which was weird since the only changes were to the menu on the features.

Also missing easy simple things like totaling inventory. Why hav the ability to update pricing and counts if it doesn't total it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend but with full disclosure of issues.

We have been with Lavu for 4 years now and love the reports and how it is able to ingrate with our accounting system, it has made us much more responsive and helped us avoid bigger issues.

Lavu review by Agency
Agency

"Lavu: Going above and beyond for Merchants and ReSellers"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed working with Jesse C to get the gift cards working. This has been a back and forth issue and this particular team member went above and beyond to make sure our merchants were set up correctly for Lavu Gift.

What do you dislike?

everyone is NOT on the same page and different people give different answers. I called in and was told that Lavu gift does not work with EMV terminals, then when I spoke with a manager they said it works with Dejavoo devices not PAX. However I have called in previously and had Lavu Gift set up on a PAX device.

We are solving the ability to use an EMV device to accept Lavu Gift credit cards. This has been very beneficial as we have had merchants that switch to our processing and to EMV so that they can accept gift cards too. People dont want a million devices to accept different payments. We have made it so they can accept all cards through their EMV terminal.

Lavu review by User

"Useful Product - Sales & Support Disconnect"

What do you like best?

The platform seems to be a very useful product. Cloud Based. Good Up Time. Pretty Customizable on the fly, Has Useful Reports & Tracking in the back office.

What do you dislike?

Can only use with Apple IPad, Onboarding training much too insufficient especially at management level which causes far too long a learning curve for implementation. Requires extensive...weeks...of trying to self-learn management level through their online video and articles as well as extensive trial and error...not good for high volume businesses. Communication disconnect between the sales and support departments regarding the our business model and specific needs caused a 30 to 45 minute waste of onboarding training time. Sales department made promises that the support department didn't meet. System REQUIRES a printer even though we made it clear from the first sales conversation that we are a paperless operation. Claim to have 24/7/365 Technical Support however 3 times out of 5 we were unable to get support when we needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I cannot recommend at this time

Have not yet been able to evaluate. Implementation period has been too long due to insufficient onboarding training for management level.

Lavu review by Eric E.
Eric E.

"A sophisticated restaurant point of sale system"

What do you like best?

Features such as tableside ordering, intuitive check splitting, online ordering and local reps. Also the freedom to choose from many credit card processing companies, not just one or two.

What do you dislike?

Lavu has become a bit greedy over the past few years. Prices seem to just go up and up and up. Features that used to be included now cost extra.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Few restaurant POS solutions offer the flexibility of Lavu. It can be implemented in a wide variety of restaurant types from fine dining and bars to pizza shops and drive thru fast food.

Quick and accurate ordering improves customer satisfaction while tracking revenue improves bookkeeping.

Lavu review by Administrator

"It's off to a decent start"

What do you like best?

The optional and forced modifiers make it easier to train staff on our menu variations. We're in between a quick serve and sit-down restaurant, so don't utilize the table layout. Catered events are much easier to create tabs without distracting the customers, while also providing a timeline of hourly sales to help examine scheduling needs.

What do you dislike?

Lavu's main tripping points come in two areas: (1) trying to be an all-encompassing business software, and (2) inefficient or rushed updating its software. Typically, this doesn't affect smaller mom-and-pops, but can be very frustrating for medium or large companies.

For example, available reports are sectioned into New and Version 1 (old). Often, we find that the New reports don't hold all of the information that a business truly needs, and have to resort to the Version 1 reports - which are also slightly incomplete. While the New Reports have snazzy charts to help visualize numbers, an expansion of the available Version 1 reports would have been more helpful. Exporting to Excel could then create the snazzy charts.

I've been in discussion with Lavu, and they've made a few staffing changes to address this. I hope to see good things on the horizon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good start. Don't look at it, right now, for inventory purposes, but instead for ease of customer use and categorizing your sales.

Having portability with our POS systems, where our registers aren't necessarily tied down, is a good thing. Likewise, the interface is easier for our less tech-savvy customers to adapt.

Having Lavu based off of Apple iPads allows us to use the registers for other features, as well: quick communications, offsite trouble-shooting, or enhanced customer service (directions, cocktail recipes, etc.).

Lavu review by Wesley O.
Wesley O.

"Stay away"

What do you like best?

The interface is nice and easy to navigate. But once you push the buttons that's where everything goes down hill...

What do you dislike?

Everything else! Whenever we have a issue they send it to the "developmental team" also known as the black hole. When we signed up they said "offline processing was in the works" that was 2 years ago. Reports are literally ALWAYS wrong. If you look at sales on two different reports they never are the same. For a span of about three months they miscalculated sales tax, having us over pay hundreds of dollars! For a long time they randomly doubled numbers on server reports, and now there is a random .50 added to numbers on servers reports. I have a tax background an I informed them the liability they were putting on us and our servers by misreporting so they showed me on the IRS website where they were right, THEY SET UP THERE SYSTEM BASED OFF THE WRONG PART OF THE IRS CODE. Not to mention that it randomly opens tickets from all different times that we have to re-close and I'm not sure we get paid for them or not. When we call customer support they are really nice, but our issues always get sent to the "Developmental Team" to never be heard about again!

Recommendations to others considering the product

My background is in tax accounting and I can tell you LAVU is liability if you're not double checking your reports. You have to call monthly to figure out which report is giving your true sales, b/c it changes. Currently one report double counts discounts, and it has been like that for months, I told them and no one changed it.

Supposed to help solve reporting, but makes it worse.

Lavu review by Robert S.
Robert S.

"Great POS"

What do you like best?

I love this pos cause it so easy and simple to use and its also very user friendly and actually makes sense for a restaurant to have it .

What do you dislike?

How i have to hit 5 buttons to cash a card out.I also hate the transaction succesfful screen pop up after u cash out.Should this POs want to make things faster for me?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy and simple to use and i would use it for any other type of business that i may own or run

Very easy to track if somethinf is off on my inventory

Lavu review by Joel M D.
Joel M D.

"Great POS with lots of options"

What do you like best?

It is user friendly and easy to tailor to needs of business. Support is always available.

What do you dislike?

Some reports are not always where you would think they would be. You may have to try a few different selections before you find what you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great POS that you set-up and learn easily.

We have 2 differents businesses running on one POS system. We want our customers to only get one bill. The system tracks the sales separately for easy reporting.

Lavu review by Greg A.
Greg A.

"Lavu needs help, splitting tickets is awful, other POS systems allow a drag and drop approach which "

What do you like best?

Lave seems stable we have not been down due to the software only due to our own Internet connection.

What do you dislike?

Splitting tickets is awful, other POS systems allow a drag and drop approach which is much simpler! Inventory is difficult and reports are clunky and missing many things, discounts reports are not intuitive so if there is a problem I can look at the entire receipt. Menus items can't have multiple pricing for different qualities of that item, I have to use forced modifiers, Forced modifier list has no searchable tools so if i need to see smooth that starts with a Z i have to skip tons of pages to get to that item.. Search features should be a basic programing build.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be cautious!

POS that allows ticketing for kitchen, customer and payments!

Lavu review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Up & Coming company but competitive in the market"

What do you like best?

The menu is extremely easy to modify without too much going on for the average user to be capable of accomplishing the main tasks necessary to adjust menu items & prices as well as create new items. Everything is VERY WELL integrated with each other.

What do you dislike?

The company simply needs some time to grow into it's own shoes. I experienced quite a bit of difficulty with the install going through a 3rd party contractor and details of the menu build options with it's own technicians.

Accountability of personnel and cost tracking have become effortless coming from a legacy point-of-sale system. The cloud based Lavu has been extremely capable of handling my needs plus some. Managing tasks from anywhere is a tremendous help.

Lavu review by Douglas  P.
Douglas P.

"It is very easy to use the POS for all people that do not use computers."

What do you like best?

There is very little hardware that breaks down. I don't have to call the help desk very often.

It gives me very detailed reports.

What do you dislike?

When I do a void or refund it does not give me an accurate reading. The credit card report from LAVU and the credit card batch report from the credit card company often do not match and is very difficult for our accounting department to get an accurate reading.

currently we are using LAVU for the POS only.

Lavu review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"All our locations are reporting in one system"

What do you like best?

I like that I can do a wide variety of reports to include all my locations or just one, I like that I can add on programs for more specific tracking. I like that I can export to excel for easier translations. I like that I can update menu items to fit the seasons or locations. Lavu is user friendly, has training guides and training videos to walk you through setting things up as well where to find certain buttons. I have had better luck when I call in for support and they tend to have a solution and always offer a discount on products or on screen training for managers. They email you the conversation for future use when you need help again. You can find the invoices on the front page for ease as well. Overall, I think lavu is a good program for a wide variety of users

What do you dislike?

I don't like the chat box for customer support. i never actually get specific answers after spending a lot of time with them, they always revert back to me calling in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

there are a lot of guides, videos, training videos to help walk you through it

tracking by the hours of when specific events happen to determine if that event made us money and whether we should have them again.

Lavu review by Kristine  G.
Kristine G.

"Easy to Use! "

What do you like best?

We are a cafe that employees people with disabilities and being able to choose pictures for each item helps make using the register simple for our employees.

What do you dislike?

I do not really have any dislikes about Lavu

Lavu provides our business with more accurate reports on what we are selling and when our busy times are. We are able to see sale patterns which has helped us build our menu.

Lavu review by Valerie F.
Valerie F.

"Love Lavu!"

What do you like best?

Full customization yet easy to use and learn. Also - Great customer service!

What do you dislike?

The balancing till at night with square credit card integration option that we have is a bit difficult to navigate especially at first

Many. We are a tap house firstly and this integrates with our beer menu software. We also love the ease of reports and real time data retrieval.

Lavu review by coleen b.
coleen b.

"Lavu is a multi dimensional POS system "

What do you like best?

It's fully customizable! I can have whatever buttons work for my organization. If I need to add or subtract a menu item, it's easy

What do you dislike?

I wish there was some sort of user guide to help facilitate the initial set up. Some of the terms were a bit confusing and there really wasn't anywhere to get clarification. You only get 2 hours of free tech support, so I tried to do as much of the set up on my own as I could.

I needed to streamline the ordering at the cafe. Not only does Lavu help my staff be better servers, it helps with timing in and out and COGS as well!

Lavu review by John  D.
John D.

"AWFUL! TERRIBLE! DISHONEST! "

What do you like best?

There is NOTHING to like about these people and the system. They have lied and cannot perform.

What do you dislike?

I can write a book about how bad our experience has been. This company has cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars and hundreds of man-hours. This is the WOST mistake my small business has made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use this system. We are getting out of this system now. Very very bad people and the system is awful.

-POS

-TIPS

-SInagage Live

-Menu Boards

-Scheduling

-Inventory system

-Integration we had them do and did not get done

Many more issues

Lavu review by ALENA S.
ALENA S.

"Long time customer"

What do you like best?

That they are always improving. There supper is great at following up. Sales department alternates between flaky and stalker.

What do you dislike?

They do not value long term customers or loyalty.

They are not upfront with customers about problems. They wait for customers to contact them and then they confirm the issue. If we got a message or could go to the site and know if there was an issue. More proactiveness.

Easy reporting.

Lavu review by Administrator

"Efficient and easy to work with."

What do you like best?

What i like best about Lavu is how easy you analyze your data and take decisions. Lavu provide all types of resports based on products, sales, staff and everything one can imagine.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I don’t like about Lavu, however there are always provements and small bugs to fix. Overall its a great tool.

I would say that controlling all aspects of your business is the biggest benefit. You can see very easily which server are selling more, on which day of the week, which product and time of the day.

Lavu review by Kevin D.
Kevin D.

"Efficient System"

What do you like best?

Control of hardware mostly with the ability go to store to ad new server iPads and not buy customer hardware

What do you dislike?

Not having a rep or more support to get ahead of issues - we only have support for problems. I would love more non-emergency support. Also - wait time is too long for emergencies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great product but I would say there is some level of tech that owners and managers must know to use it to keep it running right but I recommend its use,

I have a small space and crowd based works best for small space pubs like mine

"Does what it says"

What do you like best?

Like ability to edit, improve and appreciate fact that we have used for 5 years and they keep improving things

What do you dislike?

seems to take a long time to make some improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure you get set up properly up front and that it does what you want to do. We still end up using lots of excel spreadsheets driven from lavu.

We use as POS system and would like easier ways to improve reporting.

We split tips on one side and have tip outs on other side, reporting is challenging sometimes.

Lavu review by carlos c.
carlos c.

"Mixed Emotions"

What do you like best?

love the way you can find almost anything business related in just a few seconds.

What do you dislike?

we have other software programs that need to be compatible with LAVU that we were told would be compatible with LAVU....that cannot talk to one another. We're currently waiting to roll out a Wine Club - very important to our business that is on ice because Bloyal cannot talk to LAVU.

Recommendations to others considering the product

follow up and follow through are huge in any business.

as mentioned above - we've been waiting for 10 months now. Very frustrating

Lavu review by Trio E.
Trio E.

"Loyalty Ignored"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and flexibility of options and modifiers

What do you dislike?

Customer service do not attempt any effort to offer any compensation to the many times the software crashed and caused us lots of trouble !

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beware no compensation or any sort of refunds if problems occur on their end.

POS

Lavu review by Jeff C.
Jeff C.

"A Journey with POS"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, terrific customer service. Your graphics are nice on the new version, but still like version 1. I would have to say I appreciate your report features as well as how intuitive Lavu is. Great for employee time cards. I can count on Lavu when there is a problem as well. Even if you're not available at the time I call, you return the call very promptly.

What do you dislike?

No kiosk opportunity with self-pay is available with Lavu. Also, I would like flexibility in looking at my sales data. For example, while I like "date range" as an option, I would like a "day range" so I can look at specific days "Mondays Only" for example to see patterns. To do this, I had to create a Macro in Excel and export the date range data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We're starting to franchise. I want to stay with Lavu. But you don't offer a kiosk set up with self-pay. So we're having to move our business to another provider. I hate that, because I truly love your product and service.

Self ordering. This is the future of our business. We need that opportunity in our current stores and the stores to come as we expand and grow our business.

Lavu review by Nicole  D.
Nicole D.

"Great company!"

What do you like best?

Really quick response rate and they take pride in helping their customers with any problems they may have.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike, everyone always goes above and beyond

Recommendations to others considering the product:

So easy to set up

My bar & restaurant is well organized because Lavu’s system is so effuci

Lavu review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Flexible but not always reliable"

What do you like best?

I like that Lavu allows customization when it comes to designing buttons and menus. The navigation on the interface and the as well as the back end is straight forward and easy to use. It also organizes sales information into graphs, which is a nice visual.

What do you dislike?

The system is slow to print receipts, and also slow when loading new menu items when the settings need to be reloaded. It sometimes crashes, and also the way that checks are split is not intuitive.

I used Lavu as a restaurant point of sale system. Benefits are that it allows you flexibility when dealing with an ever-changing menu, updating 86 counts and easily allowing for adding/deleting items.

Lavu review by Mike M.
Mike M.

"Lavu has transformed our restaurant operations from "good" to "GREAT"."

What do you like best?

The system is so easy to use and so reliable.

What do you dislike?

We would like to be able to see an "all day" in addition to seeing what is on each ticket/table. This would enable us to take a look for example at how many strip steaks I should have working for the entire restaurant at any given time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will be the BEST decision you can make for your operation and yourself!

Having the dashboard feature is great for generating sales reports or any other report.

Lavu review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Lavu User for 13 months"

What do you like best?

We are a privately owned restaurant and bar during about 400 + covers per week. We have a fairly large food men and drink menu. We transferred to Lavu from a different Ipad based system in September 2014. We wisely chose (in my opinion) to use a certified Lavu "consultant" to help us get up and running. And, we chose the server based system that allows us to run when internet goes down (can't process credit cars tho). We have had no major issues during the last 13 months and the more we learn about the system to more we do specialized reports. I recommend Lavu to others; however, we do have access to a fairly competent IT person if a problem arises.

What do you dislike?

I think the reporting can be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

use a consultant

Need to have POS system for restaurant that is quick to use. We think Lavu is better than the previous system.

Lavu review by Ian T.
Ian T.

"Good so far, great fit"

What do you like best?

The Lavu product is a great fit for our restaurant/cafe. We offer a QSR style ordering mixed with restaurant food/service. That way we can mix those that just want a coffee and cake with customers who want a three course meal.

Lave service options allow for this flexibility and mean we could fit into our existing ways of working well. The additional add-ons (KDS pro, customer facing screens, etc) are also benefits.

Additional reassurance of having the local server (LLS) also means we are not worried about broadband issue, and the install of this was carried out by Lavu overnight remotely from US.

All together I have managed to self install Lavu and I am (nearly) happy with the product; over time this will move up to 10 stars I am sure!

What do you dislike?

It is early days, but initial network problems have affected some of the iPad based KDS screens leaving us with lost tickets during busy services. The restarting of the app had fixed this, but ideally we would have a robust system and not be worried.

This is due in part to us using Apple Airport products for our wireless, something endorsed by Lavu when we started but they seem to have gradually moved away from them over the years. If you are going to install fresh I would recommend getting external advice on establishing a robust, enterprise grade wireless network before laying Lavu over the top.

Flexibility of changing menu, ability to service customers throughout premises, ease of expansion.

Lavu review by Heidi G.
Heidi G.

"With them from from the beginning"

What do you like best?

The tech support is quite good. The folks seem to genuinely care.

Lavu has fixed many of the problems they used to have.

The value is significant.

What do you dislike?

Hard to compare, since we never used another system.

When we started, seven years ago, we were using paper and pencil. Accuracy was greatly increased.

Lavu review by Trio C.
Trio C.

"Disappointment"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and also remote accessibility

What do you dislike?

Support team not helpful at all when errors happens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for NO customer satisfaction when errors happens and NOTHING done to make up.

Point of sale with helpful options

Lavu review by Juan M.
Juan M.

"Efficiency at its finest"

What do you like best?

When I was looking to upgrade the infrastructure of my restaurant I was looking for new POS solutions that weren't clunky, slow and oudated. I love the fact that the hardware is extremely expensive, it's sleek and pairs nicely with the always updating software.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes there are backend options that blanket all customers and leave them in the dark. For example, the iPad is battery powered and not meant to be always connected to Power, but the latest version doesn't allow the screen to turn off by itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial to test it out

I've greatly reduced the time it took to draft receipts, and I've managed to instill custome confidence with a clear, concise receipt of their purchases. Additionally, their backend reports are really helpful for analyzing the data.

Lavu review by Steve S.
Steve S.

"Simple to use, priced right, easy to implement"

What do you like best?

The software is intuitive and simple to learn. It saves time on training new employees as well. Also, the tableside options are strong and do not carry a monthly fee.

What do you dislike?

It does not have reservation management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work with a certified reseller who will not only consult on the correct hardware, but help train you and your staff on the software.

Faster table turnover with remote order entry; more accurate orders reduce waste.

Lavu review by Lori M.
Lori M.

"Boothbay Craft Brewery LAVU review "

What do you like best?

Customer service is fantastic! The best!

What do you dislike?

Initial set up of the hardware. Software was way easier.

Financial Reports. Time cards/Payroll. Theft of employees. Tip tracking. Busy hours of operation. Training testimonials.

Lavu review by Administrator

"Lavu at an ice cream store"

What do you like best?

The program is easy to use both from the back end and the app. The system is responsive and we never have connectivity issues.

What do you dislike?

I have had difficulty working with their gift certificate interface. It was very buggy and took a very long time to get it working.

We are able to weigh our ice cream as a way of keeping tabs on costs.

Lavu review by Administrator

"Sales Reports are Wrong!"

What do you like best?

Has many features in one system---unlike others that only offer a few.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely terrible sales teams---who do not follow up on issues found in their system during demo.

We began to review LAVU to replace our current POS. During the demo we found that their sales reports were just wrong. Totals were wrong--included non-sales items such as tips & taxes in sales. Sales Tax reports were wrong. We brought this to their attention--they promised it would be fixed and they would recontact us. They never did. Recently made contact with them again and their sales manager did not even show up to his own demo meeting he scheduled through their system. We complained by email/phone--still no response.

Lavu review by Susan Bayley C.
Susan Bayley C.

"Lavu QSR and Restaurant use"

What do you like best?

We have both a fish market, with QSR takeout needs and a full-service restaurant. Lavu is able to support both of these uses at the same time, in a logical, easy to use manner. Training for my staff is minimal.

What do you dislike?

Set up was very trying. My original rep never even looked at my facility. That being said, Lavu sent a tech (Anne) out to set me up. It took she and I a while to work out all the bugs, but she was dedicated to straightening out the problems and always available. Once we solved all of the issues, things ran very smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to allow some time for set-up to work out. Also, take advice from Lavu specialists on menu set-up.

Previously, I used standard cash registers, and inventory control, etc was nearly non-existent, I can now keep track not only of totals sold, but also modifiers. Lavu has also solved my need for more accountability from employees. Tracking all of their sales and voids is a very simple process.

Lavu review by User

"Some areas are good. Some aspects need better user experience"

What do you like best?

The customer service is fantastic. For high level review of sales data, the portal provides relevant information.

What do you dislike?

As a owner with multiple restaurants, I would like to have a dashboard to easily download data, see daily trends in graphs. I don't see there such options available.

Lavu is our platform for POS. We use it for our day to day operations at our restaurants.

Lavu review by Administrator

"Lavu works great for us!"

What do you like best?

Lavu is great for our business in the sense that it is able to be mobile throughout our building as we do multiple types of business transactions. I enjoy the customer service chat available on the website, the representatives are always quick to help and I am always able to get my questions answered

What do you dislike?

It can be a difficult POS system to learn at first. Different from others.

We are a company that does multiple business transactions. We have a cafe, a bar, and events. So it's been a good system to move around and mold with.

Lavu review by Nancy G.
Nancy G.

"Good for small or quick serve"

What do you like best?

The system is really easy to use ~ from setting up products, to adding things to inventory, etc. We have a small plate, wine & beer only restaurant and it fits our needs. The other thing that is great: their customer service. You always get through, a call back and an understanding of what the issue is.

There is also a thriving community that usually has answers when you get 'stuck'.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue is reporting. It is not robust or really useful in a way that a restaurant would need. The data is there, but the reporting is not. Unless you have an administrator or numbers person that can download information and put it useful spreadsheets, it is not super helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this for small restaurants. It is a good system that constantly is improving. Is it perfect? No. But then again, nothing is.

We needed an inexpensive POS system. Again, it works for us because of our limited menu and offering.

Lavu review by Steve S.
Steve S.

"Lavu Point of Sale - It works well and is priced correctly"

What do you like best?

Pricing is very competitive, and the features are fantastic.

What do you dislike?

There is no reservation management feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Lavu is a great product, with excellent customer service. They don't have proprietary credit card processing, meaning the merchant can choose their own processor and get the best rate possible.

Lavu has quickened my merchants' table turnover, improved order accuracy and increased their profits.

Lavu review by Nick F.
Nick F.

"A great POS for a small to midsize business"

What do you like best?

The ease of the system, to adjust buttons and customize screens. Also being able to see all open/closed checks and make adjustments via phone

What do you dislike?

We are a high volume bar and the checks take a second of 2 to close them out. This can be difficult with a line at our bar.

It keeps tracking of sales and inventory very easy and we appreciate the 24 hour support.

Lavu review by Eric C.
Eric C.

"Outstanding iPad POS - Strong Competitor to Outdated Windows Systems"

What do you like best?

POS Lavu was the first Table Service Restaurant POS on the iPad, dating back to 2010. Almost every month since then, it has been updated and improved based on customer feedback. It has all of the features of the old Micros systems, at a much lower price and sleeker appearance.

What do you dislike?

It's important to use a 3G/4G backup with Lavu, but that's true of any Cloud POS system.

-Easy secure payments

-Great reporting from anywhere in the world with a web browser

-Menu modifications from anywhere in the world with a web browser

-Time Clock

-Inventory and Cost Tracking

-Easy to use interface for my restaurants, bars and quick service establishments

Lavu review by John S.
John S.

"Using lavu"

What do you like best?

The ability to take orders at table saves time and staff

What do you dislike?

Not accepting chip credit cards creates potential charge backs

Efficient order taking reducing order time

Lavu review by Jennie S.
Jennie S.

"Great POS for our Small Hospitality Businesses"

What do you like best?

Lavu is easy for even the most non-tech staff to use and us managers can access it from all times off-site.

What do you dislike?

Self setup can be difficult but it is doable. We have done it three times!

Reports are amazing! We are able to really drill down on our information and maximize sales as a result.

"Lavu Review"

What do you like best?

Lavu is great if you keep your menu and strategies simple. It's basic. Connects to your iPad and printer with ease.

What do you dislike?

Finding support is horrendous. They have gotten a virus before that messed up our POS and they seem to be incompetent. There are many features that many other POS systems might offer, but LAVU doesn't. For example, you're unable to set a cap on discounts when you're using a coupon.

Users can select customers' orders on the iPad by selecting photos, adding discounts.

Lavu review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"European-esque look with unsatisfactory end-user experience. "

What do you like best?

I liked that I was able to take and submit orders, simultaneously, while standing at the table. I could easily view prices and show pictures of the dishes, when asked by a guest. The modifiers were user friendly...I've experienced worse modifiers on traditional POS systems. It was also a conversation piece that struck a quick rapport between the table and myself. I loved that I had mu orders on me at all times.

What do you dislike?

The app constantly crashed when taking large orders. My co-workers and myself eventually resorted to writing the order first and then submitting it when we were out of view of the guests. It was almost impossible to split checks, and it became tedious to process multiple payments. It required multiple reboots throughout the course of a shift.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that before investing in this product that it matches the needs of your business.

POS Lavu drives efficient service by providing end-users a means to take orders, submit them, carry images and details about the menu items at the same time. Customers enjoy advanced technology and it offers restaurants to engage with their customer base through interactive software and Apple-based loyalty programs,

Learning about Lavu?

* We monitor all Lavu reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.