Jamf Now Reviews & Product Details

Jamf Now Overview

What is Jamf Now?

Jamf Now, formerly Bushel, is a cloud-based Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution for the iPads, iPhones, and Macs in your workplace. Jamf Now makes device management accessible and affordable for everyone, so businesses can support their users without help from IT. Jamf Now helps configure settings on all of your Apple devices quickly and consistently over the air and allows you to manage your devices by centrally deploying apps anytime from anywhere. Use Jamf Now to ensure the sensitive company information your employees access on their Apple devices remains secure. Enforce passcodes and encryption over the air. Even remotely lock or wipe a device. See how easy it is to set up, manage and secure your Apple devices anytime from anywhere. Manage your first 3 devices for free. Add more starting at $2/device/month. Create your free account today!

Jamf Now Details

Apple device management can be time-consuming work, especially if IT is not your day job. Make iOS and macOS device setup easy, so you can spend your valuable time doing other work. Jamf Now, formerly Bushel, is a cloud-based MDM solution for the iPads, iPhones and Macs in your workplace. Device management is fast, accessible and affordable, so you can support your users without help from IT.

Jamf Now is the fastest way to start managing your Apple devices. With a clear focus on Apple and their products, we are able to deliver the legendary Apple experience to various small and medium businesses. Whether you have just a handful of iPads or a whole fleet of iPads, Macs and iPhones, Jamf Now can help you set up, manage and protect them anytime from anywhere.

Jamf

Jamf Now Reviews

Showing 22 Jamf Now reviews
Already have Jamf Now?
Senior Project Manager
What do you like best?

It is pretty powerful and fairly easy to use with good tech support. It allows me to remotely upload aps and control what is on the iPad as well as being able to remotely reset a password if the person forgets their password. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have a location option so I can't see where the iPad might be at. It also only does Apple devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is great if you only have Apple Devices but you should take the time to wipe each device 1st when installing them on Jamf so that it will use all its capabilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to reset passwords that the user might have forgot and with Apple if you forget your password your in trouble. I can also remotely send out new aps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

JAMF Now is an excellent MDM for small businesses with a limited number of iOS devices. If you need to quickly deploy and easily configure a preset amount of apps and settings without a large amount of time spent on management and configuration, this is the perfect product for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lack of drilled down options for more specific, complicated business purposes. JAMF Now is meant for companies with little to no IT and very broad use cases. Anything more specific, and you need a more robust product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

JAMF Now is allowing us to easily track and manage our iOS device inventory, setting standards for apps and settings across the organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Geo-environmental Consultant
Civil Engineering
What do you like best?

I started using JAMF after speaking with a member of the Apple Business Team in my local Apple store; it’s a really great way to deploy and manage Apple devices. JAMF makes the whole process so simple and has a nice user interface. Any devices purchased through the company are automatically enrolled into JAMF as it syncs with Apple’s automatic enrolment service. It also makes it possible to remotely configure WiFI settings and lockdown certain elements of Mac OS & iOS depending on your requirements for each device which is great.

All-in-all I’ve enjoyed using JAMF and would definitely recommend to other small businesses using Apple devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My only real niggles are that if you stop using an app you can’t remove it from the list of apps (you can ‘hide’ it from view though), and it’d be nice if you could go in to each app and have a list of the all of the devices that it’s installed on. But these are only minor things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a trial with a few devices to get a feel for the user interface and the simplicity of JAMF Now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

JAMF allows us to have a more robust data protection policy and pre-configure devices so that they’re set up with company WiFi networks and other settings straight out of the box. This means that there’s far less time needed to set up devices or troubleshoot when a new device is implemented. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Special Project Administrator
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is for me to help our out of state teammates with any issues they may be experiencing when using their iPads Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't love the process of getting and updating the certs. It's a little complicated and doesn't give 100% clarification if things are done or not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We work in different states than a lot of our team so Jamf Now has been a huge help while we implement new procedures on mobile devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of IT
What do you like best?

This is easily the best decision that I have made regarding my deployment and management of all of my Mac devices and environment! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it feels a little limiting....but that is most likely because I have used the Pro version (and Casper Suite) in the past. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it! Just remember to sign up for DEP so you can auto-enroll new purchases! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Auto-enrollment (after signing up with DEP) is a God-send! I also no longer have to go around and manually update Apps, since this is centralized and I utilize Volume Purchase. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager, IT Operations
What do you like best?

JamfNow is incredibly easy to deploy. It provides the basic required functionality of an Asset Management application at a reasonable price per device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Coming from JamfPro, it is a little jarring just how few features are included. For basic management or for organizations with a constrained IT budget it's great, but its functionality is otherwise limited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your environment has a significant number of Macs, do yourself a favor and get JamfNow (or Pro, if you can afford it) instead of rolling your asset management into an all-in-one solution to include your PCs. That's a mistake I've made. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our asset management was a joke - outdated spreadsheets, notes and comments treated as sources of truth from non-IT employees or former employees, etc. Now we have visibility into every Mac we own, and can monitor/lock/wipe in case of emergencies (including two actual thefts since deployment). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

This produce allows me to manage hundreds of machines with one support person. with out it my ratio would be about 40 to 1 with it It is 400 to 1 Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it could do PC we are Manley a Mac shop but we have scattered pc use and it would nice to not have to stand a domain for a handful of users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool allows your desktop staff to support 10X the staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

enforcing encryption across the hole environment. enforcing users management passwords. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Administrator
Internet
What do you like best?

JAMF Now is easy to set up and easy to use for a small and medium sized businesses. It's mobile device management made easy. JAMF Now is not only simple for administrators, but simple for the end user to get going as well. JAMF now is great for intermediate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say that there isn't much to dislike about JAMF now. There are some features that are limited, but JAMF Pro is an option for those who need more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

JAMF now is great for basics and for someone who might be new to MDM. I'd recommend this for a small to medium sized business who wants to manage their company owned hardware, push out updates, profiles, security management, and software purchases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're able to easily enroll all company owned machines with MDM that allows us to push out WiFi profiles, lock computers that have been lost or stolen, and set security preferences. JAMF now also allows us to set up conference room iPads with Zoom software, set them to single-app mode and keep them locked down and secure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Network Administrator
What do you like best?

Simple to use, very user-friendly. You can create a Self Service app store and give the end user only approved options for apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That the JAMF conference is too far away for me to travel go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Inventory management, app deployment, restrictions, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Systems Manager / IT Manager / CTO
What do you like best?

I love how easy this is to use! we have a URL to enroll the iPhones and a profile to link it to! After that, all the apps are pushed! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My company manages iPhones and Android devices, it would be nice to be able to manage everything with Jamf Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the best MDM for apple products! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Management of our iPhones! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CC
What do you like best?

Featuring streamlined and understandable connectivity with Apple Business Manager, Jamf Now is a powerful product serving IT and non-IT alike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would love Jamf Now to offer a simplified upgrade path to Jamf Pro. They’re working on it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I manage dozens of device deployments — from 10 devices to 500 — all from a single web browser. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

It is a great price, very affordable and very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish I could control the home screen layout. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk to other users of it so you can make sure to know and utilize it's best features Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mobile device management Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Services Client Group
Higher Education
What do you like best?

I like that we are able to access the JAMF portal from any device on our network. This is particularally helpful when we are using JAMFTools on the mac, and can create and manage policies on the windows web browser. I like that we are able to use smart groups as criteria for smart groups. By doing this, it makes it easy to push and categorize the scope for various policies, enforcing what groups can get what software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be INCREDIBLY slow. Because of using multiple servers, clients, etc, sometimes you have to be patient when running large jobs and sending large items. Because we use JAMFTools on our macs, there are several accounts we must use. JAMFComposer can often be picky about what it wants to and doesn't want to package, and how it works. It assums you want to do a before/after image install, but this is not always the case. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be wary as to device counts, as it may get pricy, as I believe we pay per device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to manage 303 Macs all from one console / config application. Because of this, any one of our support staff members can push policy to the macs using JAMFRemote, and see results and logs quickly. We are able to put in different maintenence scripts and policies for users as well, such as mounting network drives, adding printers, etc. This makes it easy for USERS to troubleshoot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrative Assistant
Retail
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is connect to customer support for Jamf Now! They're chat enables me to connect and get my questions answered right away. It is so convenient, especially since I was completely new to device management. The customer support assistants are extremely helpful and knowledgeable of their product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One think I don't like about this product is that I am unable to re-name my devices. For example, because I did not know this when connecting devices, I named all of them after the people who would be using them at the time. When one person turned their device in, I went to change their device name on Jamf to a generic name, and I am unable to do so. So even though on Jamef, the device's name shows up as "Bob", i just need to remember that Bob no longer physically has that device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend using Jamf Now for mobile device management on just their customer service alone. One thing that is a little annoying however are the layout of their website; it's not as intuitive as I think it could be. With that being said however, their customer support chat is so helpful, when I do need help navigating the website, I can always get my questions answered right away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Jamf Now allows me to send automatic updates and control what is downloaded and how devices are used, all while sitting at my computer. It's very helpful, because instead of people rushing be at board meetings to ask "how do I update this app?", I can make sure everything is completed and updated with out them having to do anything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to add Apple devices to JAMF platform and keep track of inventory. Not invasive so engineers do not worry too much about a heavy "tracking" solution (if you need that I believe you'd need more than JAMF Now). They recently implemented the ability to have multiple admins of the JAMF cloud. The price is very reasonable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. The solution fits our needs at around 25 devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ability to keep track of all our Macs in one place and know that we can remotely wipe any JAMF installated machine if stolen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I like the personalization. The fact that I can get all the information I need from a users computer and also push updates and scripts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It seems a little clunky at times. Like it has been pieced together too fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information from specific Macs are sent to us so we don’t need to ask the user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Infrastructure Engineer
What do you like best?

Price is right - cheapest way to manage smaller fleet of devices with some customization. Easy enrollment and tie-in with VPP. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Missing features that other low-cost MDMs include, like location tracking and Munki integration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Replaced Profile Manager as a reliable, low-cost MDM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like it best when it works and operating our classroom iPads goes smoothly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When it kicks back an error message preventingthe iPad to log in and allow downloads to our classroom iPads Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being an end user, I am unfamiliar with what solution this brings to the school district Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I like to use connect with other devices and monitor activity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes go down causing us to slow down our work flow Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

System monitoring Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creativity
Renewables & Environment
What do you like best?

Can manage both iOS and OS X devices. Automatically configures all email settings and apps across devices. Can also export all device information to a CSV file for further reference. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The pricing could become a large overhead if a huge number of devices are being managed. Luckily our team is very small ($2/month is still reasonable at this scale). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would use Bushel when managing updates and the security of an Apple hardware fleet. The name Bushel refers to the 'collection' of apple devices managed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have a small number of devices to manage for our small dev team. While findmyiPhone and such functionality is natively built into these devices, the ability to track and manage from one portal simplifies everything. Being able to sync updates on all devices and the remote lock/wipe functionality all within one portal are the most important features for us. Managing many more devices (such as a school or firm) is when the benefits would truly become most apparent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Now I manage all my device in a very easy way. I can configure emails, wifi network and install apps from the App Store to all of my devices. I save a lot of time! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price per month is not fixed, it depend from the number of devices that you have. Can be really expensive if you have many devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a lot of devices can be expensive. It cost 2$ per device Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Distribute and manage software to all of my devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP Engineering
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

This is the only reasonable solution for MDM and Apple devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish it supported multiple logins for an account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mobile Device Management (MDM), remote wipe, enforcing security policy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Brian Mueller of Jamf Now

Hi Matt, thank you for your review. We want to circle back on this and let you know that this summer we released Teammates, a new feature that enables multiple administrators to manage a single Jamf Now account. Thanks again for your feedback. Don’t hesitate to reach out to the support team if you have any further questions or feature requests.

Do you work for Jamf Now?