Jamf Now Reviews & Product Details

What is Jamf Now?

Jamf Now, formerly Bushel, is a cloud-based Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution for the iPads, iPhones, and Macs in your workplace. Jamf Now makes device management accessible and affordable for everyone, so businesses can support their users without help from IT. Jamf Now helps configure settings on all of your Apple devices quickly and consistently over the air and allows you to manage your devices by centrally deploying apps anytime from anywhere. Use Jamf Now to ensure the sensitive company information your employees access on their Apple devices remains secure. Enforce passcodes and encryption over the air. Even remotely lock or wipe a device. See how easy it is to set up, manage and secure your Apple devices anytime from anywhere. Manage your first 3 devices for free. Add more starting at $2/device/month. Create your free account today!

Jamf Now Screenshots

Jamf Now Reviews

1-16 of 16 total Jamf Now reviews
IT Administrator
Internet

"Easy to use for small businesses!"

What do you like best?

JAMF Now is easy to set up and easy to use for a small and medium sized businesses. It's mobile device management made easy. JAMF Now is not only simple for administrators, but simple for the end user to get going as well. JAMF now is great for intermediate

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say that there isn't much to dislike about JAMF now. There are some features that are limited, but JAMF Pro is an option for those who need more.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

JAMF now is great for basics and for someone who might be new to MDM. I'd recommend this for a small to medium sized business who wants to manage their company owned hardware, push out updates, profiles, security management, and software purchases.

We're able to easily enroll all company owned machines with MDM that allows us to push out WiFi profiles, lock computers that have been lost or stolen, and set security preferences. JAMF now also allows us to set up conference room iPads with Zoom software, set them to single-app mode and keep them locked down and secure.

Manager, IT Operations

"Best Basic Asset Management Software for Macs"

What do you like best?

JamfNow is incredibly easy to deploy. It provides the basic required functionality of an Asset Management application at a reasonable price per device.

What do you dislike?

Coming from JamfPro, it is a little jarring just how few features are included. For basic management or for organizations with a constrained IT budget it's great, but its functionality is otherwise limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your environment has a significant number of Macs, do yourself a favor and get JamfNow (or Pro, if you can afford it) instead of rolling your asset management into an all-in-one solution to include your PCs. That's a mistake I've made.

Our asset management was a joke - outdated spreadsheets, notes and comments treated as sources of truth from non-IT employees or former employees, etc. Now we have visibility into every Mac we own, and can monitor/lock/wipe in case of emergencies (including two actual thefts since deployment).

Director of IT

"Eyes, Ears, & Arms Everywhere"

What do you like best?

This is easily the best decision that I have made regarding my deployment and management of all of my Mac devices and environment!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it feels a little limiting....but that is most likely because I have used the Pro version (and Casper Suite) in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it! Just remember to sign up for DEP so you can auto-enroll new purchases!

Auto-enrollment (after signing up with DEP) is a God-send! I also no longer have to go around and manually update Apps, since this is centralized and I utilize Volume Purchase.

IT Services Client Group
Higher Education

"Easily manage hundreds of clients"

What do you like best?

I like that we are able to access the JAMF portal from any device on our network. This is particularally helpful when we are using JAMFTools on the mac, and can create and manage policies on the windows web browser. I like that we are able to use smart groups as criteria for smart groups. By doing this, it makes it easy to push and categorize the scope for various policies, enforcing what groups can get what software

What do you dislike?

It can be INCREDIBLY slow. Because of using multiple servers, clients, etc, sometimes you have to be patient when running large jobs and sending large items. Because we use JAMFTools on our macs, there are several accounts we must use. JAMFComposer can often be picky about what it wants to and doesn't want to package, and how it works. It assums you want to do a before/after image install, but this is not always the case.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be wary as to device counts, as it may get pricy, as I believe we pay per device.

We are able to manage 303 Macs all from one console / config application. Because of this, any one of our support staff members can push policy to the macs using JAMFRemote, and see results and logs quickly. We are able to put in different maintenence scripts and policies for users as well, such as mounting network drives, adding printers, etc. This makes it easy for USERS to troubleshoot.

Administrative Assistant
Retail

"Jamf Now- Great Customer Service!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is connect to customer support for Jamf Now! They're chat enables me to connect and get my questions answered right away. It is so convenient, especially since I was completely new to device management. The customer support assistants are extremely helpful and knowledgeable of their product.

What do you dislike?

One think I don't like about this product is that I am unable to re-name my devices. For example, because I did not know this when connecting devices, I named all of them after the people who would be using them at the time. When one person turned their device in, I went to change their device name on Jamf to a generic name, and I am unable to do so. So even though on Jamef, the device's name shows up as "Bob", i just need to remember that Bob no longer physically has that device.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend using Jamf Now for mobile device management on just their customer service alone. One thing that is a little annoying however are the layout of their website; it's not as intuitive as I think it could be. With that being said however, their customer support chat is so helpful, when I do need help navigating the website, I can always get my questions answered right away.

Jamf Now allows me to send automatic updates and control what is downloaded and how devices are used, all while sitting at my computer. It's very helpful, because instead of people rushing be at board meetings to ask "how do I update this app?", I can make sure everything is completed and updated with out them having to do anything.

"Low touch management of apple devices for SMB"

What do you like best?

Easy to add Apple devices to JAMF platform and keep track of inventory. Not invasive so engineers do not worry too much about a heavy "tracking" solution (if you need that I believe you'd need more than JAMF Now). They recently implemented the ability to have multiple admins of the JAMF cloud. The price is very reasonable.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. The solution fits our needs at around 25 devices.

Ability to keep track of all our Macs in one place and know that we can remotely wipe any JAMF installated machine if stolen.

Network Administrator

"JAMF NOW"

What do you like best?

Simple to use, very user-friendly. You can create a Self Service app store and give the end user only approved options for apps.

What do you dislike?

That the JAMF conference is too far away for me to travel go.

Inventory management, app deployment, restrictions,

Creativity
Renewables & Environment

"Ideal hardware management solution if your team's gear is all Apple"

What do you like best?

Can manage both iOS and OS X devices. Automatically configures all email settings and apps across devices. Can also export all device information to a CSV file for further reference.

What do you dislike?

The pricing could become a large overhead if a huge number of devices are being managed. Luckily our team is very small ($2/month is still reasonable at this scale).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would use Bushel when managing updates and the security of an Apple hardware fleet. The name Bushel refers to the 'collection' of apple devices managed.

We have a small number of devices to manage for our small dev team. While findmyiPhone and such functionality is natively built into these devices, the ability to track and manage from one portal simplifies everything. Being able to sync updates on all devices and the remote lock/wipe functionality all within one portal are the most important features for us. Managing many more devices (such as a school or firm) is when the benefits would truly become most apparent.

Systems Manager / IT Manager / CTO

"Amazing software "

What do you like best?

I love how easy this is to use! we have a URL to enroll the iPhones and a profile to link it to! After that, all the apps are pushed!

What do you dislike?

My company manages iPhones and Android devices, it would be nice to be able to manage everything with Jamf

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the best MDM for apple products!

Management of our iPhones!

Infrastructure Engineer

"Low Price for Small Feature Set"

What do you like best?

Price is right - cheapest way to manage smaller fleet of devices with some customization. Easy enrollment and tie-in with VPP.

What do you dislike?

Missing features that other low-cost MDMs include, like location tracking and Munki integration.

Replaced Profile Manager as a reliable, low-cost MDM.

C

"Powerful and elegant Apple-only MDM"

What do you like best?

Featuring streamlined and understandable connectivity with Apple Business Manager, Jamf Now is a powerful product serving IT and non-IT alike.

What do you dislike?

Would love Jamf Now to offer a simplified upgrade path to Jamf Pro. They’re working on it!

I manage dozens of device deployments — from 10 devices to 500 — all from a single web browser.

AC

"Best MDM software. "

What do you like best?

I like the personalization. The fact that I can get all the information I need from a users computer and also push updates and scripts.

What do you dislike?

It seems a little clunky at times. Like it has been pieced together too fast.

Information from specific Macs are sent to us so we don’t need to ask the user.

VP Engineering
Hospital & Health Care

"Very easy to use"

What do you like best?

This is the only reasonable solution for MDM and Apple devices.

What do you dislike?

Wish it supported multiple logins for an account.

Mobile Device Management (MDM), remote wipe, enforcing security policy.

Response from Brian Mueller of Jamf Now

Hi Matt, thank you for your review. We want to circle back on this and let you know that this summer we released Teammates, a new feature that enables multiple administrators to manage a single Jamf Now account. Thanks again for your feedback. Don’t hesitate to reach out to the support team if you have any further questions or feature requests.

UE

"Best way to setup all your Apple devices without lose time"

What do you like best?

Now I manage all my device in a very easy way. I can configure emails, wifi network and install apps from the App Store to all of my devices. I save a lot of time!

What do you dislike?

The price per month is not fixed, it depend from the number of devices that you have. Can be really expensive if you have many devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a lot of devices can be expensive. It cost 2$ per device

Distribute and manage software to all of my devices.

"End user, minimal use"

What do you like best?

I like it best when it works and operating our classroom iPads goes smoothly

What do you dislike?

When it kicks back an error message preventingthe iPad to log in and allow downloads to our classroom iPads

Being an end user, I am unfamiliar with what solution this brings to the school district

"Jamf Now"

What do you like best?

I like to use connect with other devices and monitor activity.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes go down causing us to slow down our work flow

System monitoring

9.0
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.2*
* Mobile Device Management (MDM) Category
Do you work for Jamf Now?