Horizon 7 Reviews & Product Details

Horizon 7 Overview

What is Horizon 7?

Horizon 7 is a virtual desktop software suite that securely delivers applications to end-users on the device of their choice, increasing user's flexibility while reducing costs, and maintaining data security.

Horizon 7 Details

Horizon 7 Reviews

Showing 58 Horizon 7 reviews
Already have Horizon 7?
Automation Test Analyst
What do you like best?

An incredible system with basic and predetermined tools Horizon, makes my work safer and easier, because I can test any software without problems on a new system, since horizon is in charge of creating virtual machines with OS for testing systems or software in this way I can do design tests, programming, software without damage to my pc because everything is virtual, however it saves the information as if it were a real pc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any problem with the Horizon system, it seems very effective and easy to use, it can improve certain points such as memory as it consumes a lot of space in the computer because it is in the background as well as the consumption of RAM memory is massive because we have to maintain a virtual machine, they are points that can be optimized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it because it works it gives good results, it is obvious how we can use any software without damaging our computer, in addition to this it is incredible how I can enter a new operating system every time I need a new virtual machine, the service is free and it works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The service has worked amazingly we have not had any kind of problem, Horizon has solved a lot of problems because it is much easier to be able to test programming service software without having to harm our main network because anything that is it is in the virtual machine it can automatically be deleted and started or as well as format the machine just like a normal pc, it is incredible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Horizon is a system that we use within the company in order to be able to test specific software, be it for marketing, databases or any type of installable system, which allows me to monitor every movement that is made in the systems In order to know if any additional action is taken and then be implemented in the company, but if we receive negative responses, we do not install it on the network as a precaution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are certain points that must be improved and it is the optimization of the service there are key points where there are breaks and the system freezes. There can be two types of points that make this happen on the machine or operating system, which is why it is necessary to modify and add optimization to make the service more stable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I don't have any problem with the system, so I recommend using it for testing purposes and to avoid losing information, which is very important to me because the software allows you to perform virtual machines and test without problems, I love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We keep the company safe against any type of information theft, the horizon system allows me to create infinity of virtual machines to be able to test and thus know if they work or not, in addition to the implementation to the network is not necessary since it is You can keep in the operating systems of the virtual machine, you can have infinity of machines, however it is not possible to activate between two or three machines at the same time because the ram consumption is very wide and create an error, however it works perfect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Support Specialist
What do you like best?

Undoubtedly what VMware Horizon 7 does best is to offer us a desktop virtualization service so light, stable and extremely easy to use, it is a program with which we can always connect with our information or with clients to be able to work remotely and give them all the assistance that they require, this greatly expands my work area since it breaks the barrier that represents the distance between me and my clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion this is a software that complies with everything it offers, it is a useful and fairly light virtualization software and not to mention how easy it is to use, this accompanied by the multiple tools it offers us such as the one that we can share files with. any of the desktops to which we connect this is quite useful because we can transfer any file that we need to assist clients or that we simply need at the moment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My only recommendation would be that when using it, we always try to have a stable internet connection, since this way we can get the most out of this software and we will not have problems with it since with bad connections we can have stability problems that can become quite annoying and greatly affect the positive experience that we can have Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Horizon 7 I give solution to the problems that appear in my day to day work, since this allows me to cut all kinds of distance and to be able to provide assistance or maintenance services to all my clients remotely, this allows me to have a greater number of clients and in turn my clients are much happier since I can solve all their problems wit Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information Technology Specialist
What do you like best?

I can install any desktop operating system I want. That means the company can develop applications in any environment without that limitation.

It's very easy to use, so it works very well for testing while an application is in development.

It's great because if something happens with the application, it doesn't affect the computer's operating system at all. Horizon 7 can be easily restarted in case it crashes due to the failure of the application we are testing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not a very well known software, so you don't get much information on the Internet. If I have a question, the technical support takes a day to answer, I think it's too long. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Horizon 7 is a very easy and secure virtual machine to set up. Any company that does not have an experienced developer can use this software.

Also I must indicate that the service is free and the use of all its tools are very complete for the use of the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The company used to use video conferencing software so that the end user of an application could observe its operation. We found this to be a safe solution because there were no security issues. But this whole process was very complicated to coordinate. In addition, many times the customer was afraid of data protection.

Horizon 7 solved all the inconveniences we had. Now everything is in one software and it protects both the company and the client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

Horizon virtual machine system where in a basic and simple way I can implement any operating system and start my virtual machine is amazing how you can start a totally new virtual machine without any data which allows me to add any application software that you want to test before If I include it in my business network, the system allows me to mount any type of operating system and add as many virtual machines as I need, however the default options are totally basic for the First users and it can be very easy to start the process, I like it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Horizon system can be a point in favor of being able to create any type of virtual machines and as many as we want, however the use of one or two virtual machines can be excessive which would harm the use of the computer by freezing the PC, however it is highly recommended use only a virtual machine to avoid problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it because in its extremely easy system and it allows to analyze or test any information before using it, in addition to this it is a free system and it is constantly being updated so there is interest in the programmers in that it continues to work efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The system works in a correct and different way, it has already solved information problems, there is no loss of documents, files or any type of data is totally unfeasible because everything is done through a totally different and new machine where there is no Registration of our company is only for testing software or applications and Horizon takes data protection very seriously, I love virtual machines and they are very useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Manager
What do you like best?

This is a program that you used within my work team because it allows me to perform virtual systems, generally to test systems or implement software, before using it in the company or its main system, with this, it avoided any loss of information Its tools allow me to start operating systems such as Ubuntu, Linux or windows, freely and without loss of information on what is done there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only problem that Horizon has is that it does not have a system or manual to understand it, however although it is very easy to use it can be difficult for some to add a system and implement it and that is an obvious flaw. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend because it is a software that provides solutions, since with the virtual system you can have the freedom to do anything, that's why I love the horizon system, I love it and I recommend it.

I must note that the system offers a free system for testing and the payment system is more of a use in the cloud, so testing the service is much more viable and understanding how it works very easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I implemented it in the company in order to offer a support that would allow us to use virtual systems and test software or data, without having to affect the network or the general system of the company. For this reason, horizon 7 was a very viable solution for improve the activity without affecting other services, I am happy that it has given me good benefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Research Assistant
What do you like best?

I use horizon to start special systems because I do not allow any software to enter my main system, because I have a lot of important information that, as a database, payment information, advertising images, marketing all information management in the system For this reason, I do not like to start any type of software in companies and horizon with a virtual system process allows me to start any operating system that I want to implement any software and thus avoid risks I love it, because I protects before dangerous systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any problem with Horizon, because it is very wide systems and the default features are basic but allow this to perform any process you need, although it has more tools are easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend because it worked very well, the use of any operating system, be it windows, linux, mac os, among others, are possible to use and that is the main reason why I recommend horizon the freedom it offers is perfect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For simple problems of the company to enter any system not directly recognized, since it is very dangerous because the information or any important data can be lost, it is for this reason that horizon activates your virtual system for us and manage the software freely without any type of risk of loss of information since it is totally alternate in virtual system with the original system of the company, I am happy because it has worked very well and the tools that it has are intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technology Specialist
What do you like best?

Horizon is a service that we use in our company to be able to keep our applications in a virtual system, I like it because it maintains a different functionality this means that we can create different types of virtual machines with different software or operating systems so that in this way we can activate our applications directly there and maintain our information security and we do not offer a very wide information to the companies, it is perfect because it allows us to test before the services of the applications in a machine that the pc is the best function. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I definitely do not have a type of problem with Horizon I would like there to be another type of default systems to eliminate some, freezing problems or the change of massive mac is annoying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it because it works very well in the company Automate testing services before using them in the company, I love it and that is why I recommend it is very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Horizon 7 is a virtual system within our perfect company because it does not harm our information such as activating virtual machines to be able to add in them the applications we want to test and in this way see if the needs of those applications meet those we need in This company without the need to activate it before in our computer. why in this way we avoid loss of information since we do not know any use of companies, we are happy because horizon has not solved many problems and for a completely free system they do not seem like a very good service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information Technology Consultant
What do you like best?

Horizon 7 is a system that allows us to create virtual systems that offer tools that allow us to add features and capabilities like a computer but different because the system is virtual, It is good service because it offers remote capabilities and it is possible to add a personal operating system, functions very similar to the pc, it changes is that the system is in web servers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We do not have any problem with this system, which is necessary the free trial offers more freedom with the operating system to be able to drive freely and in this way make software tests in the virtual operating system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We recommend the horizon 7 program because it works correctly, where you can find favorable results why you always keep us online for your cloud servers that are stable and keep the virtual machine in order.

A good complete service of stable tools and an easy-to-use system offers good complete software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Due to problems with my main desktop to test systems and software, I decided to look for a remote desktop solution so as not to affect the main desktop, so Horizon 7 was the perfect solution to address the problem by offering a panel to mount virtual systems and power Do tests without affecting our desk.

I must emphasize that the system is not very complex, the system can be done by default. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information Technology Specialist
What do you like best?

Horizon 7 is a system to improve the capabilities of the company, for example the last time it was necessary to implement Analysis software and for that reason use horizon to implement it on your non-direct server so I can use your service to test the software and give it extensive use without damaging any type of information, this is a virtual system where you implement an operating system and it automatically creates a totally different machine for you to use and test any system that will soon be implemented in the business system, I love it because it works very well and simple tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no problem with Horizon a totally nice system, however I would like them to add new updates for new users is implement better optimization, to create different default systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it because its functions are perfectly necessary for any company that needs to be able to implement the software to the system and in addition to this, it is perfect to be able to have the freedom to test any type of system without damaging the main one I love it and I recommend it to all users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Due to the high demands of any company with information now, it was necessary to implement a service to be able to test the systems before unifying them to the main system of the company in this way we avoid the loss of information, in addition to knowing in this way if the service works or not in this way horizon is in charge of using and testing the system manually and if it is favorable to apply it in the current system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Analyst
What do you like best?

The applications installed in the company, which allows functionality and improve administration, are installed is a virtual system Horizon is fundamental and I like it because it made me a system of great importance for me, because I can try software without problems and be able to create different types of virtual machines where I can do tests and not just software, I can also do analysis and data systems, since everything is protected and I love the freedom it offers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

problems with Horizon none, I like it although the default system works to add others or more variety can also be a great initiative.

As well as another idea, that it is possible to update the system to allow the addition of other software and provide an optimization when this is installed is to avoid freezing when it is first started. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Virtual systems can sound complicated or insecure, and the truth is that this is not the case virtual systems help a lot to avoid loss of information and configuration is easy since everything is predetermined, for that reason I recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Virtual machines is a viable solution to avoid direct tests on personal computers, because it is not entirely sure how it works in the system, therefore the applications would not get in the way since everything is done virtually, and this prevents loss of information, The whole system is possible to use for free and the tools are available I love it and it is a viable system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information Technology Specialist
What do you like best?

Horizon 7 is a virtual desktop system where it allows us to create machines with different operating systems of your choice so that you can use test software, I like it because it is a very simple downloadable system with easy tools to use where you activated an operating system from Windows . Ubuntu or any operating system where some software or tests can be implemented without having to damage the system or the main computer since everything is done in a virtual way I am happy because it has given good results and allows to use any type of software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any specific problem with the system because it has worked very well and has given good results, however it is necessary to improve the quality of some manual processes, such as adding space or RAM, all your tool processes must improve in the sense of creating some default that suits what is needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As a virtual machine system it has worked very well, it has given good results and has given us an excellent organization because now we can test some systems before starting them in companies in this way we are happy and I recommend it because it has worked very well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am happy with the service that we have acquired has solved many problems, previously only the configuration of direct systems in company was used which sometimes hurt us because it was dangerous because the information of the company is exposed that is why we decided to look for a software that would allow solving this first need is where Horizon 7 comes in, offering virtual machines that are easy to create so that we can implement the systems we want to test before endangering our information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information Technology Specialist
What do you like best?

Horizon 7 is a virtual system that allows to improve the use of software because it is possible to create virtual systems with the purpose of testing software before directly configuring our system and servers of the company, I like it because we have total freedom to use the panel and add any operating system as we wish and in this way be able to understand the use of the software much earlier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although the horizon system does not have serious problems, in some circumstances the system complicates its use because the disk space or ram for the virtual machine can affect and does not accept the features that are added, but only sometimes but still It must be improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have no problem with this, it offers totally different results and features that allow you to play with the panel to obtain an operating system to configure, the service is important since it avoids adding dangerous software and these tests avoid problems for that reason I recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Because a system was needed to test software for finance, marketing, human resources, so we looked for software that emulated virtual systems for these processes and that is where Horizon 7 lowers these problems and allows testing the systems where we have freedom of being able to use the operating system with everything we want to try. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Systems Administrator
What do you like best?

VMware Horizon 7 is really end user friendly, you don't need to explain a lot about the application or the connections because there isn't a lot to explain there. Most of the application is self explanatory.

Horizon is really powerful, I'd recommend going with the Advanced license tho, just to get application streaming and virtual desktops.

The system was not too hard to set up, it took me a day to configure the connection server, the view agent server (RDS) and the security gateway. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As with every VMware product lately, it gets harder to find the right documentation for your product. The online help pages are hard to navigate, not as bad as the Workspace ONE documentation tho.

Another thing I don't like about Horizon is the old flash-based admin console. While it offers a new HTML5 UI, it doesn't have all features yet and it's not completely available for the advanced license because you need a JMP-server, which is only available with an enterprise license. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you think about buying the enterprise license to integrate into Workspace ONE:

It's really expensive and the only benefits that it will have is that it will show the virtual machines / desktops in the Workspace ONE app catalog and that you will have single sign on on mobile devices. I'd recommend going with the advanced license and buying a few more instead. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our company is starting to become more mobile. We've implemented VMware Workspace ONE already and our sales department is demanding more mobility on the go.

We didn't offer any kind of access from WAN to a Windows desktop in our internal network. We then faced the issue that our ERP system (infor COM) didn't work through a VPN connection.

Our users are really happy with Horizon so far and can use all applications that they have in the office on every device and from everywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

same desktop can be published to users regards to any hardware. It even run well on Apple IPAD Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

latency and only work with internet access Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

good solution for central security management Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

single desktop and security requirement Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AG
What do you like best?

Easy to use, very flexible configurations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it for all of our VDI workloads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Engineering Support Associate
What do you like best?

I love the admin and user interface very easy on the eyes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Turnaround time is not proper. Maybe more features for productivity, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helping international users re connect to their desktops and continuing productivity Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I am able to use VMware to access work remotely in a convenient manner outside of my main work environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that at times, it lacks features that would be helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the ability to tab into resources and softwares externally using Horizon Flex. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helpdesk Technician
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

i loved you would just go to a website to download the citrix reciever and boom you had access to your remote desktop Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

sometimes it would get hung or when you log in at home then back at work it would rearrange all your desktop icons. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

definate benefit when you can remote in and work on your :work" computer desktop anywhere you have internet. we even had it loaded on our cell phones. very user friendly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

System Administrator
What do you like best?

I love having control of all of a company's workforce, desktop computers in one location! I can push out updates to any or all clients with the click of a button or roll them back if an update causes issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is quite a bit of work to set up for the use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are willing to put in the work, it's worth using. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

After initial setup, it requires very little work or effort to do routine maintenance or updates. Really, one IT employee can manage many client computers quite easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Virtualization and Tier One Engineer
Higher Education
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Horizon is a great solution for higher Ed. It helps to reduce the cost and complexity of physical desktops. Being able to centrally manage a lab environment is a big time saver. Done right, even complex applications perform well vitalized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

VMware does the go buy a company model. Sometimes it takes a long time before the products are fully developed into the vmware model. They leads to having too many interfaces and every product functions a little differently Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time. Understand your use cases before you deploy. Devote people to manage the environment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Desktop provisioning, Application access from mobile devices Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vmware administartor
Banking
What do you like best?

- can build virtual workstation

- can sacure user workstation and information on one Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- average user experience

- price would be lower Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- extend life of old pc becouse i repourposed one to thin clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Librarian Assistant
Libraries
What do you like best?

Horizon provides an approachable platform that is easy to navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some reports are not as intuitive as they could be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Horizon 7 is a very accessible software that provides users with ease of use; has few glitches; and serves its purpose. While the software seems simple on the surface, it has strong capabilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am not in charge of solving problems. The system upgrades are subtle; however, I appreciate that the system connects to the OPAC. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Looks just like an older computer software, easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

when you have to go into and out of the computer software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

older programs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Support Manager and Training Specialist
What do you like best?

It is a fairly simple to use application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much in the sense of customization or tweaks that can be made Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are providing guidance, setup the server settings automatically so the vendor does not have to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using this for desktop connections to customer servers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Horizon 7?

Horizon 7 Categories on G2