Horizon Cloud

VMware Horizon Cloud enables the delivery of cloud-hosted or on-premises virtual desktops and apps to any device, anywhere, from a single cloud control plane.

Work for Horizon Cloud?

Learning about Horizon Cloud?

Horizon Cloud Reviews

Showing 12 Horizon Cloud reviews
Horizon Cloud review by Shreyans P.
Shreyans P.

"Horizon Cloud is a strong product with easy of use across IT Operations teams"

What do you like best?

The desktop experience for Horizon Cloud is absolutely consistent across the IT Ops team. Management and configuration of Horizon Cloud is absolutely seamless, and the console is easy to use and navigate. It also offers very dynamic user options, allowing to cater needs to the user, role, or company expectations.

What do you dislike?

Horizon needs to offer easier access from both the desktop and mobile. I also wish there were more connection quality options available, as there are currently very limited options for adjusting the connection quality from the Horizon Client. This enhancement would be helpful, especially when dealing with very low speed connections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Horizon Cloud is a very well suited solution for Enterprise companies, especially with a wide and diverse user base. The solution can be costly as more and more users are added, but provides a very rich user experience and flexible delivery of apps and/or desktops from one interface to any device.

VMware Horizon View has allowed me to manage our PCs very effectively. It enables me to quickly deploy a new pool of virtual machines using a custom image with minimal effort. It also allows for rapid deployment of updates or updated desktops and new applications without user downtime, repetitive action, or physical access.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Horizon Cloud
Horizon Cloud review by Emperatriz C.
Emperatriz C.

"It's my virtual desktop anywhere I go!"

What do you like best?

Being able to take with me all my information about work and my personal or university information is great for me, this program is a very important and super useful innovation for this globalized world where we live and where we need to handle large volumes of information, I simply consider that this program meets all that I expected to get from a program.

What do you dislike?

I do not find anything that I do not like about this program because it's just great, I think that being a tool that is on par with the demands of this globalized world is very expensive that would be the only thing I do not like, the rest everything works perfection, meets your goals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I only say that if in your work they need to always have all the work information available, having a tool like this is simply ideal, this tool is worth using, it is very easy to use, you will save a lot of time and that is great.

With the simple fact of being able to count on my desk wherever I am, it is the best thing, I had never counted on my work with a tool called Claiber, I love being able to have such a tool in my work, it is just great and It has helped us a lot to save time when wanting to access my information and this I have achieved because I have access to this from my virtual desktop.

What Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solution do you use?

Horizon Cloud review by Alan M.
Alan M.

"VMware Horizon is a great way to connect virtually"

What do you like best?

Ability to connect to our campus network from off campus and have a virtual desktop that is safe and configurable.

What do you dislike?

For this software, I can't really think of anything I don't like about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use both via their client or via HTML connections.

No problems with it so far, and benefits are that our counseling staff and others can connect up to our network safely and work from other locations (like High Schools or working from home).

In addition, our students can also use it to connect up to virtual desktops so that they can run specialized software (like Mathematics calculators and more) to help them with their studies.

Horizon Cloud review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.

"Useful to use Linux on windows boxes"

What do you like best?

I like the fact the you are able to use Horizon to access the remote VMs even when we are not on campus. The software is downloadable on many devices, including Mac, PC, iOS, Android, etc. The remote controls also work very well on iOS devices, because you can change the controls into however you want. That makes it a lot easier to control the VM when you are using such a small screen device like the iPhone.

What do you dislike?

When using the client, sometimes the server can be forgotten. For example, when ever I am using this software on a lab machine, our production view server is set to 'view . my Company . edu', but often Horizon defaults to our testing server, 'view test . my Company . edu'. It is frustrating how it does not always remember the server I want to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a stiff infastructure, because there is a large load on the VM machines, and they sometimes do get slow.

Accessing remote resources, because we are able to access the VM Linux Machine from where ever we are, it makes it easier to use the resources we need to access. Students are able to use Doctor Java Software which is much less buggy on the linux machines, but we do not need to have deticated linux boxes to run this soft ware, we can simply put it on top of a windows box.

Horizon Cloud review by Chris B.
Chris B.

"I'm far from a pro, but I loved what I saw"

What do you like best?

As far as virtual desktops go, this is far and away the best combination of rich features while simultaneously being user friendly and easy to learn. Although I am not involved in the finance side of it, I know it was super affordable option as well.

What do you dislike?

Very little! It works just like it should, and that's saying something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to take advantage of their tech support. Set up can be very daunting, but they made the process much easier for us.

We feed virtual desktops to the PCs in our Maker lab via our IT department. The user experience has been fantastic.

Horizon Cloud review by Ryan G.
Ryan G.

"I was actually satisfied using this…"

What do you like best?

I like how they have all different supports when needed, and all languages are available.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like how this program can’t provide the perfect tools. And that you need to bring Your Own Microsoft Azure Account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Becareful with the pricing because it can range from cheap to expensive. Overall it’s a good program just needs to fix some bugs and other things. I’d give it a try because you could have a different experience from me. First off, try the free trial to see if you like this softaware. .

The users local storage is on ESXi hosts.

Horizon Cloud review by Hannah W.
Hannah W.

"Great software to connect with your encrypted documents "

What do you like best?

Ease of use, long lasting connection. Very user friendly software that makes it Seamless to connect to and access your internal documents securely. Highly recommend

What do you dislike?

Nothing. This system replaced our old way of connecting which when used remotely, required a specific security setting on personal wifi, requiring many employees to change their WiFi to business and front the cost. This system doesn't carry such stringent requirements.

Easily accessing data and documents from any location not docked to the internal server.

Horizon Cloud review by Neel S.
Neel S.

"Review of VM Horizon Cloud"

What do you like best?

Nice tool to work on cloud and it's user friendly so, anyone can use easily and work on it.

What do you dislike?

Nothing is dislike too is best and very helpful tool.

We are using to connect virtual machine on client server.

Horizon Cloud review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Run Qlikview through this virtual desktop at BD"

What do you like best?

The main reward is the ability to handle large files that I would not be able to run on my laptop.

What do you dislike?

The copy and paste function in Qlikview is broken through VMWare. I am unable to copy data, or send reports directly to excel from Qlikview while using this program.

We have many programs as a company that we run through Horizon cloud, but I personlly only use Qlikview through this for performance reasons.

Horizon Cloud review by User

"DaaS reseller"

What do you like best?

Using static desktops, I can log in anywhere and have a consistent experience across devices.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can freeze up for 30 seconds or so. Or very occassionally it will shut the VM down and I'll lose all my open tabs.

Working on the road, at home, or at the office with a seamless experience.

Horizon Cloud review by User

"Convenient and easy"

What do you like best?

Allows my company to access what I need remotely and from another device if necessary.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to grasp at first, but becomes easy to use over time.

Accessibility, allowing employees to operate while remotely.

Horizon Cloud review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Seamless"

What do you like best?

The ease of logging into my remote work environment.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally an error with no explanation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

User-friendly and simple! Was up and running in no time.

Allows me to work remotely from any location.

Learning about Horizon Cloud?

* We monitor all Horizon Cloud reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.