FieldEdge

FieldEdge

FieldEdge provides an easy & efficient way to track customers, dispatches, finances, service agreements, inventory, service history, technicians & more.

Work for FieldEdge?

Learning about FieldEdge?

FieldEdge Reviews

Ask FieldEdge a Question
Showing 38 FieldEdge reviews
Tina H.

"Appreciate the response times and training!"

What do you like best?

I have appreciated the quick responses and the training. I also appreciate the willingness to listen to our needs and come up with ways to use the software accordingly. I like that changes are driven by the ideas portal and that we have a platform to explain our needs. We also appreciate having a designated onboarding specialist that has been checking in with us weekly and working with the development team to try to work on anything we need. We also appreciate the Quickbooks integration and the ability to post timehseets from the software.

What do you dislike?

I would appreciate more user directed reporting and custom email templates (reminders, paid receipts, different agreement reminders, etc) It would be great to sort things by department vs employees. I think more detailed how to videos or step by step instructions would be great in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Everyone uses their software differently. I think that understanding how the software is meant to be used and understanding how to utilize it with your company is the best thing you can do. Watch every tutorial available and utilize it to its fullest.

Since starting with FieldEdge we have resolved numerous issues, mostly customizing things and ensuring correspondence to our customers is how we want it. We have appreciated the automated reminders, reminders for agreements, and the integration of reviewbuzz which has increased our online review profile.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about FieldEdge
Marsh W.

"FieldEdge"

What do you like best?

For us, the functionality of FieldEdge to decent and contains enough features to be considered useful.

What do you dislike?

The onboarding process does take a tremendous amount of time and resources. This was more than what we ever had anticipated or had explained to us during the sales presentation. You just need to be ready for it. The robo-call voice is far-below any automated voice that seems to exist in today's world. Very weak!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please be plenty prepared to expend a huge quantity of time during the pre-onboarding and within the onboarfing processes. If you believe it will take oly "X" amount of time to make the smooth transition and pre work for it, plan on a factor a 8-10X.

The two main things we like about FieldEdge includes having to robo-call all of our preventative maintenance customers so that thwy will call back to schedule. Plus, we like the robo-call feature for the reminder calls and the traveling calls.

What Field Service Management solution do you use?

Makaila R.

"Lake Orion Plumbing Heating & Cooling Employee Review"

What do you like best?

I really like that Fieldedge is able to combine all of our needs into one website. We are able to schedule, keep track of income from jobs, parts, customers, reports and so much more all from the same place! I also like how secure the site is, we have never encountered a problem with our security.

What do you dislike?

We often have glitches in the system that cause us to lose what we were working on at a given time as well as had the site run very slowly on some days. When inputting or editing parts or customers some days the site can get very slow and often time out while in the middle of a task despite having very high speed wi-fi. Some conference calls do not resolve all problems that need to be solved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend that they try it out and they will find that they can connect everything they need for their business.

We are solving many scheduling problems as well as problems with our prices. We are able to input all of our parts and services and export a version to print and go through to edit anything that needs to be fixed about each part's price or description.

Jenny W.

"FieldEdge has made dispatching and tracking simple."

What do you like best?

Having software that truly integrates with Quickbooks, and allows you to send invoices directly from the field is amazing! We are able to take payments in the field, and email the client an invoice at the time of service. My Techs have access to customer history while on site, which can help immensely in answering customer questions and concerns. This has been a great change!

What do you dislike?

we've run into very few problems that haven't been easily solved, with a phone call or the online help tab. I would say that there have been a few glitches in our transition, but nothing that we haven't been able to overcome.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

After sampling and demoing many other options, this is the one that best fit our needs.

We had a company goal to go paperless, or reduce it this year, and integrating FieldEdge has helped us with that. It has also helped with tracking and follow up for customers and quotes.

Beth S.

"Exactly what we were looking for! "

What do you like best?

FieldEdge has completely changed the game for us. We are now able to dispatch more efficiently-thus increasing profit. We were using a very antiquated program, paper invoicing-lots of double entry. FieldEdge is continually updating based on it's users recommendations. Great customer service and the best support staff ever out there!

What do you dislike?

Can't really say there is anything I dislike about FieldEdge. I wish I had more time to fully utilize everything it has to offer!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not sure you will find another company that gives you everything FieldEdge has to offer for the price. Their customer service is the best you will find around. Ever evolving for the customer!

We had no ability to track anything before. FieldEdge has many reports to run. Being able to customize the program to fit our business has allowed us to track what is important to us and has improved our focus for marketing.

Mark P.

"Great product with awesome customer service!"

What do you like best?

Their customer service and having our own account manager is helping us fully utilize Field Edge. Anytime we have a question or not sure where something is in the software, we often have a solution the same day....if not in just a couple of hours. I also appreciate that they are constantly upgrading and adding new features that are being requested from customers.

What do you dislike?

While I love that the software is cloud based and that we can access it from anywhere, I also don't love that it is cloud based. I say that as in technology is technology and will always have hiccups. When cloud based software has an issue, you can be without access to your data. However, Field Edge has implemented a solution so that you can always see your data should something out of the ordinary occur. I am also not a huge fan of working in Field Edge and QuickBooks. The benefits outweigh the inconvenience and is growing on me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you implement the mobile app in the field for your techs immediately. Having the customer information and job site history for the tech has been a huge improvement in not only efficiency, but also in customer service.

We use Field Edge to mainly take and schedule service calls and to create invoices. The mobile app for the techs and the automation for contacting the customer when a tech is on their way are just a small sample of the efficiencies we are reaping with Field Edge. We are eliminating manual tasks that the program does automatically in the natural progression of work flow.

Elizabeth H.

"Great customer service and software"

What do you like best?

I love the phone call integration and easy to use scheduling and dispatching. The entire interface is easy to use and the instant quickbooks syncing is a MUST HAVE! The customer service is great as well. For a feature packed office management service, FieldEdge really can't be beat.

What do you dislike?

This service is a little pricey, but you really do get what you pay for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't let the price shock scare you away!! The amount of time I am now saving has more than helped cover the cost of the software. The amount of features included is unsurpassed and the on boarding team is well worth the extra upfront cost of setup! They can help with everything from Quickbooks integration, to you catalog updates and cleaning up your customer lists! Give them a shot!

scheduling, dispatching, time clock, invoicing, receiving payments/payment processing, customer organization, and the great reports!

"So happy that we moved to the cloud."

What do you like best?

It is so nice to be able to access Field Edge from anywhere. I really appreciate the fact that I can pull up the schedule no matter where I am.

One of the best features by far is the service that I have received from Field Edge. I was given a customer success manager when I started with Field Edge. Juliun has been exceptional. He is my go to guy if I ever need anything or have a concern. It's always frustrating when you start with a new company and new software. The customer support through chat or a phone call is always very fast. If someone does not know the answer, they will reach out to someone who may know more than them. If I need help implementing something new into the program that is more time consuming, I always reach out to Juliun. He has been able to help me customize the program to work for my company. He is very patient and I feel like we have become great friends. I wish that everyone could be as responsive as he is. It's nice to know that I have one person to go to if I need anything. It's so frustrating when you have to explain your problem or question to a different person every time. Juliun helps me sort through these issues until they are taken care of. Switching from my last program has been made so much easier due to my customer success manager.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I dislike about the cloud service from Field Edge that it is not as fast as a non-cloud service.

We love the service agreement integration. It makes everything so much easier to manage. Our customers have also appreciated the text feature that alerts them that a technician is on his way.

John Howdy H.

"The Juliun Kinsey Difference"

What do you like best?

Quite honestly it came down to Juliun. I used to work with Service Titan (over engineered and $$) and had a pretty good understanding of these types of platforms. The company I acquired was using Fieldedge, however they only implemented a few modules, so I believe I need to be treated like a new customer and be onboarded. At first, I couldn't get anywhere until Juliun got involved- hes a game changer!

What do you dislike?

At first, wasn't sure the company was listening to my concerns or not. Honestly, I almost walked away. One person changed all that by their actions. Futhermore, their technology staff really engaged (thanks Matt) and got me a better place. My only challenge with Field Edge today is having an OPEN SOURCE API that allows my callcenter to connect directly into Fieldedge to process my work. I do know Fieldedge is working on a solution

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Open Source API for call centers...

TImely financials, dispatching in realtime, processing the transaction...Fieldedge is all a service company needs to run a successful business....

"Accelerate growth and improve efficiency"

What do you like best?

FieldEdge has transformed our service business from an inefficient organization that relied too much on paper and accepted too many mistakes to a company that is more informed, more connected, and is able to service our customers faster than ever before.

What do you dislike?

The only negative is accepting that FieldEdge cannot realistically provide a solution for every product request. This is the reality of any software provider, and the only alternative is designing, building, and managing your own custom solution, which is expensive, demanding, and never complete.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to discuss all aspects of your organization with FieldEdge prior to signing up. We missed several key operational needs that caused unexpected problems and delays after integration. FieldEdge helped us work through those, however we would have preferred those issues be addressed prior to implementation.

Field Edge has enabled us to invoice, quote, and collect payment on-site; our dispatch team is able to schedule faster and assist technicians from the office; accounting task have reduced because of the instant, real-time connectivity FieldEdge has with Quickbooks; we have more insight and reporting for marketing, profitability, and more

"Wonderful CSM"

What do you like best?

We have been with Field Edge since Aug of 2018. We had a rocky start to the onboarding process. It is gradually getting much better since we have gotten Megan Hardt as our customer service rep. She is wonderful. Always ready to help and show you what is needed and how to do it.

What do you dislike?

The onboarding process was dreadful. Especially coming from an all inclusive program that had dispatching, invoicing and accounting. That was not at all taken into account with the training schedule or onboarding plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your homework, ask for the training, don't be shy to ask for more time. It is time that will be well spent in the long run. You will not be having to go back and correcting what you did incorrectly on onboarding because you did not understand something.

The history of the customer's are gradually getting more organized and the ease of being able to bring up the program anywhere is so beneficial.

Joann S.

""Extraordinary item with amazing client administration!""

What do you like best?

Their client administration and having our very own record administrator is helping us completely use Field Edge. Whenever we have an inquiry or not certain where something is in the product, we frequently have an answer the equivalent day....if not in only a few hours. I additionally welcome that they are continually updating and including new highlights that are being mentioned from clients.

What do you dislike?

it's an incredible program, Honestly, I can't consider much I don't care for about Adobe Analytics.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure you execute the portable application in the field for your specialists right away. Having the client data and employment site history for the tech has been a gigantic improvement in productivity, yet additionally in client administration.

We use Field Edge to mostly take and timetable administration calls and to make solicitations. The versatile application for the specialists and the mechanization for reaching the client when a tech is headed are only a little example of the efficiencies we are harvesting with Field Edge. We are dispensing with manual undertakings that the program does consequently in the characteristic movement of work process.

"FieldEdge is perfect for our needs and they really excel in customer service."

What do you like best?

Our customer service rep Alyson Nicley is always on top of any concerns and gets us in touch with the right people when it comes down to something she can't handle herself. She is on tap when we need her and is truly all you can ask for in a customer service rep.

What do you dislike?

Really, the people are great, and the software is awesome. There is not much we dislike, but we feel like we need to mention the sporadic outages. There has not been an outage for a while now, so fingers crossed that issue has been addressed.

Paper invoices and manually dispatching (sending texts) required so much additional labor and office hours. The app really saves us hours in the office and in the field. We have become much more efficient for about 25% of the effort, its really great.

Amy R.

"Operations Manager"

What do you like best?

With FieldEdge everything is now in one place. We can see our tech's as they move through the day, see in real-time what calls they have completed and what has been paid. I love that FieldEdge is constantly updating to meet the needs of customers.

What do you dislike?

Seems to be a lot of glitches and it's to many steps to schedule a customer, it adds to a customers hold time as we schedule the customer before them. I also hate the fact that I can't change a priority flag on completed WO's.

FieldEdge has improved tracking our expense / cost per job.

Eli T.

"Great concept when it works"

What do you like best?

The App is easy to use to some level, For the technicians, it is easy to find items and they can even see the picture of the items.

Techs can add pictures from the field and attach it to the customer's profile.

Incoming calls, we can see the existing customer information before we answer the call.

What do you dislike?

VERY SLOW, to maneuver from page to page takes time. we found ourselves putting customers on hold for a simple task.

Software updates

When Field Edge is trying to make some updates WHOLE software crash. so imagine for a second what would happen when your software is down:

Good morning you start your day.

* No incoming calls (your phone line are integrated with the software), no new customers

* Your technicians are at the office (12 of them) and have no idea where do they need to go

* Customers that are waiting for their tech to show are calling the office to check what happen, you guessed right - phones are down.

* Now you are sitting around (18 people) and have no idea what to do

UPDATE 9/14/18

The downtime was one full day that cost my company a fortune.

Regardless of the downtime, I find the software premature and have a lot to improve BEFORE they charge the premium.

The tech support will answer the phone call only when they are not too busy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Think twice before the change,

So if you are still thinking to go with Field Edge, GOOD LUCK

Jennifer F.

"Recommend Seminar for Success"

What do you like best?

Great workshop where professionals from similar disciplines can come together in order to maximize profitability with a workshop containing a well timed mixture of lecture, discussion, and examples.

What do you dislike?

Seminar is a two day event, and while very worthwhile, is a tad pricey and involves an overnight hotel stay

I would recommend this seminar to all FieldEdge professionals; beginning users can understand the complexity of the program and seasoned users can always use a refresher and share ideas while picking up valuable nuggets of information.

ANGIE G.

"Learning new ways to operate dispatch"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the streamlined view of our dispatch board. It is clear and concise.

What do you dislike?

The manner in which multiple technicians on the same work order are handled within the program can be a challenge.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to look at all aspects of the system and how it will work for your specific operating procedures. Set up and integration of your old system's information is crucial.

It is nice to see all aspects (dispatch, billing, etc.) handled in one operating system.

Brittany B.

"Field edge has simplified our scheduling"

What do you like best?

I like the dispatching best. It is simple and clear. Another feature that has saved time and energy is the agreement reminders for customers

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the create work order option on the dispatch board does not show the one click scheduling for their agreement. This would be helpful to quickly tell a customer on the phone that they are due.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendation is to really clean up files before transferring

Dispatching and profit margins. It is very helpful for showing who is quoting out jobs and actually selling the job.

Matt R.

"Megan Hardt "

What do you like best?

Very willing to listen to our concerns and find solutions

willing to adapt product to our specific needs

Field operation is much easier than other products we have seen

What do you dislike?

the mis use of the term "work order"

Need to have a comments section next to work orders to help identify them

Navigation can be touch.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good Product with excellent support. This product is more suited for construction than service.

Creating Jobs, Work orders and Reporting

Most have been resolved

"A Great Business Tool for Busy Companies"

What do you like best?

Appointment Scheduling is quick & easy. Viewing outstanding invoices are also quick & easy.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have the appointment screen break down a monthly viewing option for each technician. Also when scheduling an appointment it would be nice to have the 2nd screen (priority screen) to be condensed into the work order notes screen (it may shorten our wait time with customers).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great resource for busy companies trying to schedule appointments & record profit/loss on a daily basis.

We have had to work on our connection with Quickbooks. Benefits- being able to see our profit or loss on each invoice (as long as we input correctly).

Tatigh M.

"Amazing Software.....Excellent Support.....Awesome Product"

What do you like best?

The friendly and helpful support staff.

The "user-friendly" software.

The timesaving and very helpful easily prepared reports.

What do you dislike?

No complaints at this time. My only complaint is that we did not make the decision of FieldEdge sooner.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great asset to your business. Dispatching and customer service are enhanced with the use of this software. Ease in preparing reports and viewing project status/data is amazing.

Efficiency in dispatching technicians.

Ease in monitoring projects cost and efficiency reports.

Marlin C.

"Reliable dispatching and CRM application with outstanding customer support"

What do you like best?

Customer support at Desco is the best I've ever experienced. Everyone I've chatted with or spoke too have all been cheerful, willing to help in any way they can.

What do you dislike?

Application does have an updated feel, but it's built like a rock. It can be a little overwhelming because the application has a field to tracking everything possible. We stuck to what we actually need to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Desco has launched their cloud solution called FieldEdge. If you're looking for a more modern software built from the same people behind ESC, check it out.

ESC stores all of our customer information and history. We use it to dispatch our service technicians and installers everyday. One thing that sets ESC apart from the competitors is the ability to create service agreements which basically invoices and creates tasks on a set time schedule.

"Game Changer"

What do you like best?

Money! Safes this company A Lot of Money. No more waste, no paper, ink, toner waste. Time, Saves so much time and we all know Time is Money.

What do you dislike?

Nothing now. in the beginning we had a few glitches, because we were all just working the system our way.

make Sure your training is done in groups, and don't have anyone using it until they are trained.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask a lot of questions, Learn to use the amazing tools they have set up to guide you. So many features to make things easy.

Making it to Appointments on time. Never loose when a job has parts on order, needs a return call.Knowing what tech is where and when. Down time between jobs calling to send tech to next job. And No Lost invoices. Track all parts purchased and used

Kyndal B.

"Review for Ashley Moeller"

What do you like best?

The things i like the most are the super friendly employees as well as always being able to get in touch with someone when you have a question!

What do you dislike?

That you cant delete anything.. only downside

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DO it, once you get past the learning stage it is awesome!

This program has been a life saver for dispatching and data keeping for our business

"Perfect for small business"

What do you like best?

The customer support is always quick, efficient, and friendly! They always get you back to calm while they solve your issue, it's amazing.

What do you dislike?

When scrolling through multiple items, the load time can be a bit slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

FieldEdge simplifies calendars and searching within almost any item/inventory/customer list you can submit. And if you struggle with anything, the support team is there constantly to help.

Calendars being accessed by multiple office staff at the same time is amazing. Also transitioning quotes to invoices.

"FieldEdge has been great in the short period of time that we have been on board"

What do you like best?

The best part for me is have Megan Hardt as our CSM. She gets back with me in a timely manner. She explains things that I can understand. She takes the time to walk me through things and even shows me the correct way of doing things. I can say enough about her and sure don't want to lose her as our CSM

What do you dislike?

I do not like the the help center as they do not try to understand what or how Gammon Corp is using FieldEdge.

I am on the billing side so it is much easier putting in Parts Request for me and matching up to the Work Orders.

So much easier.

Victor P.

"Great program, very easy to use!"

What do you like best?

The navigation between different category screens is very easy, very simple. You can open multiple pages and toggle between tabs.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program will freeze which then I have to close and reopen the program and fill out the form again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy for new employees/beginners to start off with, is not a very confusing program and very easy to navigate.

The dispatches can be made quickly and easily assigned to which technician. If the technician misplaces paperwork we can easily look up the schedule in the system.

Gary S.

"Initially difficult but turning around!"

What do you like best?

FieldEdge has been very beneficial from a scheduling perspective and ease of use perspective. It provides a great outlook and snapshot as to how your business is doing. Megan Hardt has been amazing to work with.

What do you dislike?

Being in Canada a lot of the functionality still doesn't exist for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that all of the functionality of FieldEdge is available in your country.

Much better scheduling ability.

Jamie E.

"FieldEdge has been great."

What do you like best?

The dispatch board is easy to navigate for the dispatchers. Pulling reports has become easier and helps out in letting our technicians know where they are from a revenue standpoint each week.

What do you dislike?

The inability to delete equipment completely out of the customers account. It will mark it inactive but will still be listed on the equipment.

Keeping our books in house.

Brian F.

"Great for small or big business."

What do you like best?

Easy scheduling, Inventory tracking, flat rate pricing, customer service.

What do you dislike?

Once it is entered or added there is no deleting it. Can't make bulk changes to items, only individually.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fieldedge is always evolving to better itself. The on site training is top notch.

Scheduling efficiency for technicians, inventory tracking. Better invoice and money tracking, more efficient work schedule per technician.

Amber D.

"Amazing Software"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, how much you can do, and intergrates with quickbooks

What do you dislike?

Help center can be more like google. However, it does show you and answer questions

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Making help center more like google searching key words

Scheduling on the dispatch board is 10000Xs better, keeping up with notes are amazing

"Contractor Dispatch Program"

What do you like best?

Full service contractor dispatch program for office and field usage

What do you dislike?

Cloud based technology hinders service in places with no cell coverage

We have utilized FieldEdge to have real time updates with both our office works and field technicians cutting down on phone calls and lag time

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

This was great for me (receptionist) and our plumbers because the plumbers could use Fieldedge on their phone while I was on the computer and we could see what everyone was up to.

What do you dislike?

Makes you get a lot of information from customer (email, where they heard about our business) which some customers didn't want to answer

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you watch the training videos

We were able to automatically send customers their invoices, before we had to send paper invoices in the mail

User in Construction

"helps our business grow"

What do you like best?

it is a great data base for our customers, and it links well with quickbooks

What do you dislike?

it is not simplified. it is hard to learn a lot of its functions. I believe we have missed opportunities because of it complexity

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this product to other service companies, it is a great data base and it is perfect for quick books accounting

we are solving the need for data base. it is nice to be able to see our customers history as well as keep track of accounting

Dagoberto H.

"Impact on our business"

What do you like best?

Fieldedge has had a positive impact on our business overall

What do you dislike?

Old people have struggles with the technology

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For the technicians it is easy to find items and they can even see the picture of the items

UF
User in Facilities Services

"It's ok but It doesn't work with Quickbooks"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate, everything is clearly labeled.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't "talk" to Quickbooks for payments.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will not "talk" to Quickbooks

Dispatching, technicians being able to see instantly what we have added to their board

User in Construction

"User friendly communication"

What do you like best?

Allowing us to dispatch work orders to our technicians in a simple manner.

What do you dislike?

The technicians cannot send work orders to be quoted directly to our estimator.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's very user friendly and easy to learn the many benefits of it.

Effective and fast dispatching.

User in Consumer Services

"Easy peasy "

What do you like best?

I love that it’s so easy to use. It’s so user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Nothing suprisingly I like everything. No issues at all.

Efficiently dispatching techs

Learning about FieldEdge?

* We monitor all FieldEdge reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.