FACTS SIS (Student Information System) Reviews & Product Details

FACTS SIS (Student Information System) Overview

What is FACTS SIS (Student Information System)?

Streamline admissions. Master early enrollment. Provide your families with the information they need. It’s all possible with FACTS Student Information System (SIS). It automates the seamless flow of information between school administrators, teachers, and parents through state-of-the-art solutions that provide convenience and efficiency.

FACTS SIS (Student Information System) Details

FACTS Management
1986
Lincoln, NE
@FACTSMGT

Answer a few questions to help the FACTS SIS (Student Information System) community
Have you used FACTS SIS (Student Information System) before?

FACTS SIS (Student Information System) Reviews

Showing 60 FACTS SIS (Student Information System) reviews
Already have FACTS SIS (Student Information System)?
What do you like best?

The integration of our Inquiry, Application, Enrollment, Tuition Management, Student, Parent, Family Information System, Gradebook, Google Classroom Integration, reporting tools, etc. Customer support is typically VERY good. If anything is unknown, an answer will be found and someone will get back with you. FACTS has helped us BUILD or find ways to do just about ANYTHING we want or need to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very little. Anything we WANT to accomplish can almost be done, or an account rep or technical support WILL assist you. We are still learning how to best integrate our After School program and this is somewhat USER error / learning curve not FACTS issue. Our tuition based after school program could benefit from working MORE LIKE tuition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Integration of just about EVERYTHING. Google Classroom integration with the gradebook has been EXTREMELY helpful. Inquiry through enrollment is rather smooth, just takes a diligent study to learn all the ins and outs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

FACTS integrates with our LMS very well. Although we do not record grades in FACTS, it makes the transition incredibly easy. We use Canvas and the integration, mostly works well every quarter. We also use FACTS for families to register, track information, and pay their tuition. For us this is a big deal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At times, there are too many options to get certain places...at times there are excessive steps, just to get to attendance, etc... for example, when I need a roster of students, we must go through multiple steps to get there. I believe there are multiple people that would have trouble if they are not as familiar with technology. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our school utilizes FACTS for tracking behavior which is super beneficial. In other words, there are multiple people that track, write up and access student behavior accounts. This is the way we communicate between teachers. This is also the way our counselor does scheduling. We are able to easily schedule students in a way that is useful and efficient. The best places for analytics is this application Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Everything I need for good communication between the school and parents is in one place: assignments, grades, extracurricular participation, calendar & events, tuition, lunch & other billing, communication with students & parents by class, activity, grade level, interest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If family data is not complete or correct, some functionality breaks down. For instance, when a parent doesn't set up a tuition payment account (and pays directly to the school), this creates problems down the road with reenrollment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Everything in one system. I love that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in FACTS SIS (Student Information System)
Enrichment Teacher
What do you like best?

Everything is easily accessible by using the bar on the left that is categorized and alphabetized to your needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have heard teachers and parents complain about the grade cards and how the percentage shows up (it is confusing and should be optional). I do not think they should have to purchase a "customized" version in order to get rid of the confusing percentages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend making the parent's side of the report cards easier to understand, manage and read. Many parents have already complained that it is very confusing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I liked how it is easy to access all of my students information: phone numbers, emails and schedules. It makes my job easier, as an educator. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

I like attendance, security groups and the general information about the students. And I also like the ability to add our own questions and fields. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Web Forms and pulling reports! It has some option that we use but they are not the easiest way to use it or doesn't give you all the options that you would think they should have. And also the fact that every year they change the interface without telling us and it takes forever to find what we are looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check really well that this is what you want and need. I don't know if there is something better but I am not happy with it at all and I know better than their customer support.... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has all our student information in it and parents' communications. We thought that it will integrate families with our donor database but it is not working properly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I like that Renweb has everything I need. It has attendance, lesson planning, student information, email- everything in one! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very rarely, but sometimes, I will enter a grade and it doesn’t save. That can be frustrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s great! I really would implement it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It definitely benefits teachers when we need information about a student really fast. In case of emergency, it’s really, really beneficial to know who has custody of a child, etc. I can just open the app and see that information! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I love the easy access I have to put in grades for my students, and also to communicate with parents and other teachers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes find it hard to calculate grades at the end of nine weeks and semesters. Some of the features that should be in more logical locations are else where. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take time to go through the training to use renweb. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It’s wonderful that my students and parents can see assignments and grades as soon as they are loaded. It creates an easy route for communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Educator
What do you like best?

I absolutely appreciate being able to post grades, attendance, lesson plans and the ability to send emails to parents and entire classes. It makes communication easily accessible for everyone on their own time schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that their are many times access to RenWeb on an iPad is limited or won’t work. Often pages will not pull up, and if you have limited access to the internet, it can be unusable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Must always have access to your desktop (easier to fully implement) or always have internet connection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One of the biggest issues in schools in communication between the parent and teacher. Often parents must rely on their child for updates on grades or what is due in the near future. RenWeb alleviates that issue and gives us an opportunity to work as a team for the benefit of the students we work with.

When a child is absent, they can access lesson plans if the teacher and/or school utilize this option. Grades can be posted even before papers are passed back. The greatest asset of this program is instant access to an ever demanding clientele. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Case Manager
Financial Services
What do you like best?

I love that the grade book auto-saves while entering grades. It creates less worry for me. I also appreciate the ease with which I can take attendance with the auto fill options. This works well for lunch count as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that even though classes may share the same assignments, they all have to be entered for each section. I don't like that report card comments do not have options available for selection or that the page does not auto-save. I dislike that parents have to take a few extra steps to see their student's grade break down. It would be nice if there were more sort features for missing assignments and such. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This program is definitely worth it. Once you get familiar with it, you'll for sure appreciate it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use RenWeb to take daily attendance, enter lunch counts and record grades. I like that it's available anywhere and doesn't require me to carry anything around. I love that it enables parents to stay involved as they also have access to the grade book as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

The addresses and names of parents are all in the system. I don't have to worry about sending the email to the wrong parents. I hit correspondence and the addresses are automatically entered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I have to tell it to send me a copy with email I send. That sound be an automatic thing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

RenWeb makes my weekly communication with parents more efficient and makes it easier to communicate about learning and any behavior issues we're dealing with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I like the lesson plan feature the most. It’s easy to use and easy for parents and students to see. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The grade book could be a bit more seamless but it’s still quite functional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

RenWeb fills the need for effective teacher/parent/student communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

As a user/adminstrator, I like that you can view students by grade, teacher, homeroom, schedule, as well as students' contact information. Renweb is a great resource for front office staff who regularly make changes and update contact information. In the academic setting, users will make the most use out of Renweb. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly do not like the email feature on Renweb. When you click the email tab, it opens up whatever your predesignated browser is to the email features. This feature seems a bit outdated and tiresome to click and drag recipients of the email. I am sure there is a way to link it to Outlook, but I have not figured that out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend having someone more experienced with RenWeb to walk you through the various features enough times for you to feel confident using email and viewing student information. It is crucial to have student lists, but I could not figure out how to do that without consulting and I have used RenWeb for a year and a half. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

RenWeb is a major solution for organizing student data, contact information, grades, attendance, schedules, and running reports. While I do not utilize all of those features, I have become more familiarized with RenWeb for it to be very useful. I am not sure how I would function as a school counselor without it. The benefits are that you can access cumulative information without pulling the student's folder. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead Teacher
Education Management
What do you like best?

I like that our entire school district is accessible in one program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it seems that code is being written as we go, that we were sold on a contract with an unfinished product, and how dependent updating parent info is on the office staff. Parents have zero ability to correct miskeyed data or update phone numbers, emails, or addresses without contacting someone at the school with the permissions to edit the incorrect information. Parents also constantly complain about its difficulty to use, unappealing layout, and the fact that the parent app costs money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solves the problem of using a unified system across the district to track grades and build communication databases. All benefits are related to that Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Anytime I can save settings or create shortcuts I appreciate it. FACTS (Formerly RenWeb) allows you to save settings, to copy assignments to other classes, and now we are able to include long, personalized narrative report card comments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that when I try to use the arrow key to scroll through a comment, the program will treat that

keystroke like a "Tab" and move to the next cell. Sometimes this has led me to add text meant for one student in another student's grading comment area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can see that Renweb is trying to offer more capabilities that people like about Google Classroom or other cloud-based services. I like the ability to save documents to the server and re-use them for future courses, or add attachments to lesson plans. I wish that I could have something that meshed the things I love about Google Classroom with the grading/student billing/medical information/attendancethat FACTS SIS offers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I like the ability to access all aspects of a student's information that I need. Being able to sort students by grade before creating an email is very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I love that RenWeb allows parents 24/7 access to student grades and missing work. Students cannot use the excuse that they didn't know they had a low grade. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The features are not always the most intuitive, and this has caused a lot of frustration for the teachers who are not very tech savvy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If possible, the person who will be overseeing the technical side of RenWeb should talk to someone from a school who has already been using RenWeb to find out what was the most difficult adjustment for their school. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

RenWeb streamlines our grade reporting process and communication with parents. Parents, students, and administrators have 24/7 access to grades and lesson plans. It is easy for teachers and administrators to find contact information for parents as well as scheduling and demographic information for students. It also provides a platform for keeping student information in one location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is comprehensive, and works for many different purposes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are so many ways you can mess up, not user friendly, I am on the phone with tech support constantly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cohesion among departments, but too much of a learning curve for it to be as useful as it could be Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Renweb allows you to record grades , provide lesson plans and homework on a daily basis, The management system is easy to use and keeps the lines of communication open between school and home. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback I have experienced internet connection issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

RENWEB allows for assignments to be uploaded. Therefore students can access them remotely if needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

development officer
What do you like best?

I like using the Directory to look up users to easily contact them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's clunky to use. I do not like that in the Communications section, it does not save drafts of emails or keep a copy of correspondence and I've lost data in the middle of composing an email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

School management for students and parents and teachers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Data input: it’s pretty easy to use the keyboard to put in data as well as using the menu at top to choose which code to put in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Data output: I always have a hard time finding the correct report. I don’t know if the names of reports can be changed but I always pick the wrong ones and have to start over. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pulling data for accreditation. It stirs data well but the reports aren’t easy to pull. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

No technical issues. App is easy to use. Simple format. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When putting lesson plans for a third grade class each week for multiple subjects it is time consuming to have to pull up each individual day rather than see the week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Once you get familiar with the system it is relatively easy to find information, share details and produce reports of information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not very intuitive, ParentsWeb (what the families see) not as user friendly as it could be. The separation of school info versus class info makes it difficult for families to easily find info Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Student information system, school communication system, child care billing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

So many features. I like the report manager. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

SCertain things you cannot do. Like emailing the whole body and personalizing based on what information matriculates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take all the online training. Call them all the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer support is pretty solid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

It streamlines communication between teachers and parents, students, and other staff by allowing teachers to send messages to individuals or groups, to upload lesson plans which both parent and student have access to, and to access their own or their students' schedules at any time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are often technical difficulties that arise while using the software and it is not always user-friendly. When sending emails, the webpage often times out, causing everything you had written to be lost and forcing you to write it all over again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communication is very important in primary and secondary education to maintain a good relationship with students and parents, and to provide a quality education, and therefore having a software that facilitates that process has been very beneficial for our school. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Professor of English and Literature
Education Management
What do you like best?

Ease of use and organic menus. It is a very user-friendly software that allows teachers to be as creative or minimalist as they desire in their communication with parents and constituents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Pages have to be reloaded occasionally to recognize their changes. That could be the fault of the browser, however. Works well in Google Chrome, but doesn't seem to like alternative browsers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Once teachers know how to use this effectively, it will be their best friend. It produces all kinds of documentation for parent conferences, accreditation, and other uses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Parents feel more in-touch, and students have no excuses regarding "not knowing." As long as the teacher is fully utilizing this tool, students, parents, administrators, and others will never have any questions about what is happening in a classroom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I like that we have a digital way to track students’ grades, information, and attendance all through one program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could personalize the pages more and arrange your courses by class period. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It’s an excellent way to keep digital records. We don’t have to keep hard copies of anything unless we choose to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.