Contactually by Compass Reviews & Product Details

Contactually by Compass Overview

What is Contactually by Compass?

Contactually is a SaaS-based intelligent customer relationship management (CRM) platform for real estate professionals and their teams that helps users develop and strengthen authentic, long-lasting relationships. The heart of Contactually is centralizing contacts and automatically documenting the relationship touchpoints. With a layer of intelligence over everything, and the ability to fit into your brokerage’s tech stack, Contactually scales actionable follow-up plans and automates relationship workflows, leaving agents free to do what they do best — build the kind of personal relationships that grow the business. Get smarter about messaging with automated relationship-nurturing programs, shared templated content, and open, click, and response tracking Bucket contacts by the kind of relationship you want to cultivate — new leads, current clients, past clients, sphere of influence, etc. — and set-up a personalized plan of action for each bucket Prioritize the day’s efforts with a daily dashboard and to-do email to prompt engagement and identify relationships that need attention Take advantage of growing AI features to optimize agent workflow — and their time. For example, our Best Time to Send identifies when to send an email to a specific contact to increase the likelihood of response, and allows the user to schedule it in advance Distribute best practices at the brokerage or team level, with options to allow agents to individualize based on their own personal success Access broker-level administration and reporting to drive adoption, increase agent productivity, and identify opportunities for recruiting, as well as retention risks Contactually meets the needs of both brokers and agents, achieving higher-than-average adoption rates and contributing to recruitment, retention, and revenue growth throughout the brokerage. 75% of agents on brokerage accounts have logged in during the last 30 days, building stronger relationships and increased opportunities.

Contactually by Compass Details

Contactually by Compass is a SaaS-based intelligent customer relationship management (CRM) platform for real estate professionals and their teams that helps users develop and strengthen authentic, long-lasting relationships.

Contactually helps users and managers uncover opportunities they would typically miss. With Contactually’s exclusive, proactive system, sales and business professionals are provided daily tasks to accomplish in order to better develop their relationships and grow their network. Contactually is not only a CRM tool, but mixes Marketing and Sales Automation into its unique build like none other. Thanks to Contactually, thousands of savvy business professionals have grown their network and dollars year after year, by leveraging the system’s ability to take full advantage of every opportunity.

Compass
2012
New York, Ny
@Compass
16,789 employees on LinkedIn®

Contactually by Compass Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Contactually by Compass community
Have you used Contactually by Compass before?

Contactually by Compass Reviews

Showing 124 Contactually by Compass reviews
Already have Contactually by Compass?
Sales Specialist
What do you like best?

I love the clean interface. The support was always very receptive, although somewhat limited in its ability to provide answers. In terms of relationship management, the system does a good job of asking you to communicate with people you have not interacted with for some time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For me, the cost is too high for a system that I am not using to its full potential. In the process of trying to find another CRM, I found many alternatives at less than 1/3 of the cost. The inability of the Support to identify and solve problems that I had with the system is also a scam. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I found Contactually how I updated my business's ATS. This is the perfect complement, it is linked to Google's email, so anything you do on one system is shown on the other. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

A good CRM that once set up, runs itself and helps connect you with your clients and sphere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very time intensive to set up. Training difficult for agents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not missing out on leads by forgetting to follow up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Contactually by Compass
Broker
Real Estate
What do you like best?

Great database CRM system. Then they stated baking in some hidden fees. Waiting for them to correct this oversight, email me anytime to discuss: nathan@nathanbinkley.com Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The started doing dumb stuff with accounts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't use it. They'll start nickel and diming you for credits. I purchased some credits for a great new program with hand written letters (had previously used Handywritten). Contactually thought it would be a great way to jack my account by allowing the credits to expire. Expire? Yep, you heard right...just like an old Avocado at Whole Foods, these credits can expire. How? I don't know. I guess the people writing the letters have avocados for hands. I asked Contactually to explain the policy and was basically told "that's how it is." Cool, sounds good, I'll do what I can to make sure other consumers pursue better options without expirations:). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lots Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business & Leadership Consultant, Owner
What do you like best?

Ease of use is top notch, and the visual component of the dashboard keeps me on track. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Over time it has been focused more on real estate professionals even though it works for other fields. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely can improve the way you work with your customers, as well as understand your sales pipeline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer follow-up is easier, and I'm able to see who I need to renew communication with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hacker
What do you like best?

The service they provide is very good and i was able to use this service times without number. I will still use the service again, the quality of the customer representative also provided was top notch. I really like this service. Also very easy to use and get organized. Love the buckets to separate and the tags to put into categorizes. The templates on here are easy to read and send to clients to keep in touch. I was able to use rootgatehacks^tutanota^com for a very good monitoring service, incase t=you need to check out someone of interest and know more about they activities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a few bugs in the system that have been there for at least a year now... The team is working on it but that doesn't change the fact that there are still bugs in the system.

The site is slow, especially on the contact page - and it's not an issue with my network connection. The history of what I've done is limited, such as viewing emails and where I've sent them. When I tried to email multiple buckets at once I experienced what I deem as a devastating issue where the email didn't send an attachment to about 150 of my most important referral-contacts. This may affect how they view me as a professional, and potentially negatively impact my business and my income. AND the issue happened while using Chrome, which is the browser I HAVE to use with Contactually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Its intelligent in finding extra info on my contacts through their email to know more about them, would definitely recommend to anyone doing commercial real estate or any other field as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Franchise Owner
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The fact that I can connect multiple mail accounts and the app automatically tracks phone calls and text messages from my cell phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The scale mail works well but has a few limits in terms of sending to larger lists. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Open rates are off the charts here Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

this makes keeping in touch with my contacts and absolute breeze! I love how simple it makes keeping in touch with everyone that matters. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

It’s easy to learn, it being my very first CRM, I was surprised at how easy I learned to navigate through it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Having to upgrade to have other features but that maybe with all other programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Follow-ups reminders keep me updated on who I need to get in contact with that day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I loved the idea and vision. And I REALLY like parts of the platform. But this last issue was the final straw. I can say they are nice people, when you hear back ( emails took a couple of days to reply) but I wasnt looking to make friends Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When you can live chat with the company (biz hours only) they are very professional and polite. But whenever you want to work outside business hours, and who doesn’t, live chat isn’t available. They should have someone 24/7 available. Their reply is they aren’t that busy... Well, you won’t GET busier if you don’t set yourself up to grow.

I exoerienced processes that weren’t complete, updates that didn’t occur, and frozen platform. I overlooked all of that. What really became too annoying was how their updates occurred or didn’t. I began to feel like their IT person. They make you pay for extras that should be part of the standard platform, in my opinion ( ie: templates.)

I exported my files , sadly, today as I’ve now lost confidence in the email flow. I just can’t keep limping along Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None. I left The platform today Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

Price + ability to send mass emails. Reminders to follow up with contacts! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Inconsistent quality. Lots of bugs. At least something new goes wrong every other week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not my first choice, but not my last choice either. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping our contacts organized in one place. We get reminders on when to follow up with certain people! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Having the ability to pre-schedule campaign drips that I can customize. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Format is updated too often and the changes often make the program less user-friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm a client relations manager for a large real estate company and this helps us stay organized and connected with our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Realtor
Real Estate
What do you like best?

This is the only product I’ve used that is user friendly and keeps me top of mind Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Constant reminders and drip campaigns. The ability for me to help my staff stay on top of their own business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not letting cold or warm leads slip trough the cracks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Real Estate Agent
Real Estate
What do you like best?

I like that it keeps all my contacts together. It is helpful at being the main source for my contacts. It does a decent job of syncing them to google. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The cost is high. It doesnt work as well as I would like with social media and it focuses way too much on email. So yesterday. A better CRM will use Facebook messenger and other social medias as a way to contact people. It also does not really encourage you to use snail mail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

for a CRM to be effective. you must dive in. no going half way. all in or nothing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a realtor, my sphere is huge. Being able to stay in contact with them is a must! It makes me a better friend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The interface is very user friendly and the tutorials make it easy for first-timers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything to dislike as of yet! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Maintaining client relationships and chasing down new leads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Not much to be honest and had to end our subscription. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So many bugs. Ok to start, contacts don't sync to IPHONE. They say it does in the app but when you really ask, it is a one-way PULL. No push, so by definition, not a SYNC. My calendar does not sync with google calendar. It did once, but no calendar updates. Contacts are placed in Buckets, which are like filters, but when a contact moves out of a bucket, there is a history left on the contact that makes the contact show up in multiple buckets. So filtering contact via stages only kind of works. Oh, and sharing of contacts does not seem to work well between team members. We had many problems with this. Also, had issues with email signature scraping. Emails with multiple signatures really confused the program. I think they are using the full contact API, which works great, but not here. Also, contact duplicates were everywhere. and seem to ignore dupliate names and just look at email addresses. Emails from teams really confuse the email signature system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look a program with better support and integration with products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Contactually created more than it solved Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

You can follow up with clients directly through the app and will log it for you Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about the software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

You will not forget to call someone or follow up because it reminds you on your main page Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

There is so much about contactually that rocks. First off, it scans your social media and email to automatically add and update contacts. Then you can put contacts in buckets and do all kinds of cool stuff--like send a personalized email to a whole bucket. I also get tons of mileage out of the pipeline and program feature that lets you automate tons of work flow. Finally, being able to schedule emails is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the IOS app had more functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Really great CRM product with a wonderful on boarding process Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CRM Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Realtor®
Real Estate
What do you like best?

I can't decide between the grading system (gamifys my contacts and grades me based on how good I've been about staying in touch with people) or the ScaleMail feature. Scale mail let's me send a "mass email" but I can add a custom touch to each and ever single one. So let's say I added 50 people I met at a networking event... I can email them all the same email, each personalize with their name, and then add in a custom message at the top. And I can track if they open/click on a link. And I can schedule it to go out whenever I want so they don't know I stayed up until 3am working. It's amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's lacking in some organizational features such as organizing email templates and such. Also, wish it integrated with "Send Out Cards". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There's a free trial. Test it out and see if it works for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They say the best CRM is the one you use and the thing is, no CRM has ever motivated me to use it consistency besides this one. It's visually impressive and gamifys my daily actions. I also use it to manage my pipelines of clients and the same with current clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

It did basic functionality of what we needed. Easy to use. Enterprise level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was not necessarily real estate specific so some items needed/wished for were not there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Used for company CRM for all agents Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CR
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to manipulate the data in my contacts to filter through and find someone I haven’t been in touch with for a while and reach out! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the software can be glitchy, but I know that they are constantly updating and revising it so there is always a new feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start small. Don’t get overwhelmed. Use it for organizing contacts first and then grow into the more robust features. Take advantage of customer support - they are great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organizing my database of clients and intelligently staying top of mind at regular intervals Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The automatic email sync from multiple accounts makes it easy to keep new contacts in your database. They have lots of integrations too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Pipelines and Programs features could be more robust. Simple branching logic could make their automated marketing programs better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very simple CRM to pickup and implement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Relationship marketing and selling from an authentic business relationship. Keeping my network top of mind and not loosing anyone in the cracks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

It’s easy to use, I love that it links your emails and can tell when you last talked to a contact Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It wasn’t possible to unlink my personal email Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helped me stay in more frequent contact with leads Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP Client Development
What do you like best?

Please note that I was a Salesforce user before Contactually. SF is really just a database in my view. Unless you integrate a whole bunch of other stuff, it is not useful or easy to use. Contactually, by comparison, is super easy to use and helps automate common daily sales tasks. We trailed AgileCRM, ZoHo, InfusionSoft, Nimble and several others before settling on Contactually.

1) It consolidates all emails and calendar appointments from Outlook into Contactually. This means I can send emails from either Outlook or Contactually and they will show up in contact history. Any appointments from Outlook also show up in contact timeline history.

2) Good mobile app that allows me to dial my contacts then pops up a note-taking window to keep my history current. I can create tasks, send email using templates and more, all from my phone!

3) It allows me to create email templates and then create programs to automate the sending of drip campaigns. It can track, opens, clicks and replies to those emails.

4) The interface is easy to use and very intuitive. I didn't need a bunch of training to get up and running and producing value.

5) It is very reasonably priced for the functionality it provides. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not perfect but its really pretty good for the price and is giving us value. Will it survive long-term? I think that depends on how their development team and how much they improve the product. Longer term we want better marketing automation, more role based control over access to records and better reporting but price to value is high for us as a startup.

1) The email marketing automation (called programs) are weak. They can kick off a campaign and send multiple emails but there aren't granular controls over actions in the program. For example, if a user clicks a link in an email I should be able to set a series of specific actions as a result (such as creating a specific "call" task or setting a specific "tag" in the contact record). "Programs" in Contactually do not allow for this level of granularity and that is a miss from a marketing automation perspective. But typically you have to pay a lot more and spend a ton of time "learning" and integrating CRM solutions that do give you this. AgileCRM was much better at this but also had some real software glitches that were hampering our everyday work.

2) It has several "close" to really good features that ultimately miss. For example, the pipeline interface/deal tracking section is very easy to use but has virtually no reporting. You can see all sent "emails" (across all contacts) but have no way of searching/filtering those based on particular campaigns or status (opens/clicks/replies for example) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For us this was about time to market, value and price. It isn't perfect but we get so much value out of seeing all the consolidated history information and the simple email marketing automation that it so far has been worth it. Will it survive long term? I think that depends on the development team at Contactually. They need to make the marketing automation more robust and need to support much greater volumes of daily email in the future. For anything over 300 emails per sales person, you really need to add an external service such as MailChimp or MadMimi. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows us to keep track of all our activity around our customers and prospects. I can finally see a really great history of all emails, meetings, tasks and notes in a very intuitive interface. It is easy to set follow up tasks and stay on top of my critical customers. The ability to see when an email was opened, clicked or replied to is very powerful. The marketing automation programs, while not perfect, allow us to cover a lot more ground very quickly with our prospects as compared to must creating endless follow up tasks. I can send 6 emails spaced out over time for every new prospect and wind in several follow up call reminders into the mix. This is very powerful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Broker, ABR, Green, Realtor©
Real Estate
What do you like best?

The best feature is that the system, by default, reminds you to talk to people at specified rates. Clients, or possible clients will stop falling through the cracks. My current favorite feature is that is logs calls (with the option to make a note) via the phone app. This is very helpful when trying to make an extra couple calls while grabbing a coffee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far, nothing. A little bit of a learning curve for getting things set up and running but the customer service teams has been very helpful with quick coaching calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main problem being solved is making contact with past clients and soft leads at the desired rate. Past clients improve referrals and soft leads become business next year, so both are very important. The program makes it very efficient to keep in touch with everyone and ensure people are not falling by th ewayside. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Small Business Owner
What do you like best?

The entry price and ease of use. I've been looking for a CRM for years, and most are way too expensive for a soloprenuer. This one fit the bill and has worked well for me. You have to make the commitment to set it up with all your email templates first and then the programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Too many choices in the email templates and it's hard to follow where they end up once you put them into play. This is a CRM for Real estate agents and my business is coaching and recruiting. So, the emails they have are not meant for me but you can edit them and get ideas. Wish there were a few more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure you are using the email you want to be associated with the program after your trial. I used a different email and when I went live, lost all of my data until I contacted upper management. The sales person said it would not make a difference. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping in touch with clients and applicants I've interviewed over the years. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Realtor
Real Estate
What do you like best?

I really love the user interface with Contactually. It's really easy to look at, it's not clunkity like some of the older crms I'm used to, and I love the bucket game. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

First and foremost, I hate the price and the payment options. 2nd, The customer service is lacks just that, customer service. And finally, I really wish they made more updates to the platform on a regular basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely give it a try. Just because it didn't meet our needs, doesn't mean it will not meet the needs of other businesses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One problem we definitely solved was we were able to sort through our contacts quite easily with the bucket game. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.