Please note that I was a Salesforce user before Contactually. SF is really just a database in my view. Unless you integrate a whole bunch of other stuff, it is not useful or easy to use. Contactually, by comparison, is super easy to use and helps automate common daily sales tasks. We trailed AgileCRM, ZoHo, InfusionSoft, Nimble and several others before settling on Contactually.
1) It consolidates all emails and calendar appointments from Outlook into Contactually. This means I can send emails from either Outlook or Contactually and they will show up in contact history. Any appointments from Outlook also show up in contact timeline history.
2) Good mobile app that allows me to dial my contacts then pops up a note-taking window to keep my history current. I can create tasks, send email using templates and more, all from my phone!
3) It allows me to create email templates and then create programs to automate the sending of drip campaigns. It can track, opens, clicks and replies to those emails.
4) The interface is easy to use and very intuitive. I didn't need a bunch of training to get up and running and producing value.
5) It is very reasonably priced for the functionality it provides. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.