Contactually by Compass Reviews & Product Details

Contactually by Compass Overview

What is Contactually by Compass?

Contactually is a SaaS-based intelligent customer relationship management (CRM) platform for real estate professionals and their teams that helps users develop and strengthen authentic, long-lasting relationships. The heart of Contactually is centralizing contacts and automatically documenting the relationship touchpoints. With a layer of intelligence over everything, and the ability to fit into your brokerage’s tech stack, Contactually scales actionable follow-up plans and automates relationship workflows, leaving agents free to do what they do best — build the kind of personal relationships that grow the business. Get smarter about messaging with automated relationship-nurturing programs, shared templated content, and open, click, and response tracking Bucket contacts by the kind of relationship you want to cultivate — new leads, current clients, past clients, sphere of influence, etc. — and set-up a personalized plan of action for each bucket Prioritize the day’s efforts with a daily dashboard and to-do email to prompt engagement and identify relationships that need attention Take advantage of growing AI features to optimize agent workflow — and their time. For example, our Best Time to Send identifies when to send an email to a specific contact to increase the likelihood of response, and allows the user to schedule it in advance Distribute best practices at the brokerage or team level, with options to allow agents to individualize based on their own personal success Access broker-level administration and reporting to drive adoption, increase agent productivity, and identify opportunities for recruiting, as well as retention risks Contactually meets the needs of both brokers and agents, achieving higher-than-average adoption rates and contributing to recruitment, retention, and revenue growth throughout the brokerage. 75% of agents on brokerage accounts have logged in during the last 30 days, building stronger relationships and increased opportunities.

Contactually by Compass Details

Contactually by Compass is a SaaS-based intelligent customer relationship management (CRM) platform for real estate professionals and their teams that helps users develop and strengthen authentic, long-lasting relationships.

Contactually helps users and managers uncover opportunities they would typically miss. With Contactually’s exclusive, proactive system, sales and business professionals are provided daily tasks to accomplish in order to better develop their relationships and grow their network. Contactually is not only a CRM tool, but mixes Marketing and Sales Automation into its unique build like none other. Thanks to Contactually, thousands of savvy business professionals have grown their network and dollars year after year, by leveraging the system’s ability to take full advantage of every opportunity.

Compass
2012
New York, Ny
@Compass
16,789 employees on LinkedIn®

Contactually by Compass Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Contactually by Compass community
Have you used Contactually by Compass before?

Contactually by Compass Reviews

Showing 89 Contactually by Compass reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have Contactually by Compass?
Sales Specialist
What do you like best?

I love the clean interface. The support was always very receptive, although somewhat limited in its ability to provide answers. In terms of relationship management, the system does a good job of asking you to communicate with people you have not interacted with for some time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For me, the cost is too high for a system that I am not using to its full potential. In the process of trying to find another CRM, I found many alternatives at less than 1/3 of the cost. The inability of the Support to identify and solve problems that I had with the system is also a scam. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I found Contactually how I updated my business's ATS. This is the perfect complement, it is linked to Google's email, so anything you do on one system is shown on the other. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business & Leadership Consultant, Owner
What do you like best?

Ease of use is top notch, and the visual component of the dashboard keeps me on track. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Over time it has been focused more on real estate professionals even though it works for other fields. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely can improve the way you work with your customers, as well as understand your sales pipeline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer follow-up is easier, and I'm able to see who I need to renew communication with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Franchise Owner
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The fact that I can connect multiple mail accounts and the app automatically tracks phone calls and text messages from my cell phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The scale mail works well but has a few limits in terms of sending to larger lists. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Open rates are off the charts here Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

this makes keeping in touch with my contacts and absolute breeze! I love how simple it makes keeping in touch with everyone that matters. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

It’s easy to learn, it being my very first CRM, I was surprised at how easy I learned to navigate through it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Having to upgrade to have other features but that maybe with all other programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Follow-ups reminders keep me updated on who I need to get in contact with that day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The interface is very user friendly and the tutorials make it easy for first-timers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything to dislike as of yet! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Maintaining client relationships and chasing down new leads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

You can follow up with clients directly through the app and will log it for you Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about the software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

You will not forget to call someone or follow up because it reminds you on your main page Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

There is so much about contactually that rocks. First off, it scans your social media and email to automatically add and update contacts. Then you can put contacts in buckets and do all kinds of cool stuff--like send a personalized email to a whole bucket. I also get tons of mileage out of the pipeline and program feature that lets you automate tons of work flow. Finally, being able to schedule emails is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the IOS app had more functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Really great CRM product with a wonderful on boarding process Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CRM Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Realtor®
Real Estate
What do you like best?

I can't decide between the grading system (gamifys my contacts and grades me based on how good I've been about staying in touch with people) or the ScaleMail feature. Scale mail let's me send a "mass email" but I can add a custom touch to each and ever single one. So let's say I added 50 people I met at a networking event... I can email them all the same email, each personalize with their name, and then add in a custom message at the top. And I can track if they open/click on a link. And I can schedule it to go out whenever I want so they don't know I stayed up until 3am working. It's amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's lacking in some organizational features such as organizing email templates and such. Also, wish it integrated with "Send Out Cards". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There's a free trial. Test it out and see if it works for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They say the best CRM is the one you use and the thing is, no CRM has ever motivated me to use it consistency besides this one. It's visually impressive and gamifys my daily actions. I also use it to manage my pipelines of clients and the same with current clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CR
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to manipulate the data in my contacts to filter through and find someone I haven’t been in touch with for a while and reach out! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the software can be glitchy, but I know that they are constantly updating and revising it so there is always a new feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start small. Don’t get overwhelmed. Use it for organizing contacts first and then grow into the more robust features. Take advantage of customer support - they are great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organizing my database of clients and intelligently staying top of mind at regular intervals Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Disciple & Head Honcho
What do you like best?

I love the bucket game! I won't spoil it for you, you'll have to try it by yourself. Ok, I can't resist! I've tried other apps in the past to stay in touch with my contacts but the worst part (and the most time consuming) was to get started. Classifying all data, defining who is who just takes forever. Contactually gamified it in a way that made it addictive. I was ready to go a lot faster and it didn't feel like I was just doing an endless boring task.

I love the ability to send an email to a group (all the people in a specific bucket) and how easy they make it to merge contact information, merge contacts, etc.

The interface is great and I use it often. Besides the price is very affordable for what you got. This is a must have app.

Oh, and I don't use it just for business. I am now able to know it's been more than 7 days since I spoke to my mom. :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This is really a great app. I love everything about it. They've done an amazing job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it. You won't regret it. It's saved me so much time and effort. And I love to be on top of my business relationships so none falls through the cracks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mostly staying in touch with leads and clients. I've closed more deals and nurtured my clients more than before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Manager
Internet
What do you like best?

Contactually is very good at the basics, keeping track of all your contacts and their details, sorting them to buckets. But it really shines in its method for making sure you follow up with the contacts, allowing you to set up strategies and rules, such as contacts from a certain bucket need to be contacted every 30 days, and keeping tabs of the audit log of all the past interactions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think for a personal user such as myself, there should be a more basic entry level price point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buy contactually to invest in your proactive networking. If you're just passive, then gmail and linkedin are sufficient. But you should be proactive! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm solving my own personal strategic networking - staying connected with the contacts i've accumulated over my career and maintaining those relationships in good standing, so that when I have a project and need to outreach to them, they will be there for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Realtor
Real Estate
What do you like best?

Abilty to group contacts, custimization of Buckets, Bucket game, daily reminders of who to contact, ability to store notes, screen format & merging of contacts. Makes email blasts a simple task. Too many things to mention. I have used other systems without success and am grateful First Team provides Contactually for all agents and employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unimpressive response to an ongoing technical issue that has not been resolved much to my dismay causing me to invest valuable money making time to retrieving my leads as they are NOT merging. This is a time-consuming process and it defeats one of the things I love most about Contactually which is the ability to keep all of my lead, prospect, and client data on one platform and to have the ability to keep all email correspondence in one place.

Lack of follow-up and ongoing training. No field rep to assist hands-on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I give this product a 10 despite my current technical issues and have been utilising Contactually for several years with no concerns. I am confident the issue will be resolved it is simply a bit more challenging than I anticipated and in all probability is exacerbated by my lack of technical ability, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracks my client contact so I don't have to. One stop storage of all contacts keeps me organised which saves valuable time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Blog Owner and Book Reviewer
Internet
What do you like best?

I am a "list" person, I actually enjoy organizing my meetings, contacts, possible leads, etc. and I'm glad a client of mine introduced me to Contactually. I liked how I can easily categorize each contact I have into buckets, set up followups and pipelines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can get overwhelming at first but it's worth it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not get overwhelmed with everything. It will all pay off in the end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Contactually makes it easier not to lose potential leads and make sure that you keep track of your communication with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

The ability to place people into the custom categories (buckets) that I create with the amount of time I want in between contacting them. Only I know how to run my business and I can customize the CRM in a way best suits me. The Gmail integration is perfect and enhances the product even more. The grading system and reminders will force you to remember to stay in touch with hundreds of people without forgetting why you are contacting them in the first place. Each client has different needs and all information is kept together in an easy to view interface. Many times I would have allowed a client to slip through the crack so to speak if Contactually did not remind me it was time to email, call, write, text or whatever and I can easily see what I did last time to mix it up. Then the mobile app will record all your texting and store it under that clients file within Contactually just like it does with the Gmail integration. The grading system has me always striving to keep an A at all times. Best of all it is very user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like Contactually to actually make a copy of each email string and keep it on their server because after 90 days Gmail deletes all. I would also like Contactually to find other social media profiles in addition to Twitter of my clients. Possibly an integration with Spokeo or something like it where it can give me the missing information on any client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely one of the easiest programs to use to increase and manage your clients and contacts triple fold. I was amazed at my new found productivity levels without getting stressed out after its implementation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to triple my volume of relationships by using Contactually from my previous CRM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder & CEO
What do you like best?

Contactually reminds me exactly when to follow up with the right people. I love how it tracks my conversations and builds a history of the relationship, then lets me track deals through pipelines or kick off automated sequences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For me, the only downside is the real estate focus. As a non-real estate professional, the integrations are a bit lacking. I'd love to see more integration with Zapier for other triggers and actions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I help small businesses organize their chaos and get things done. Contactually helps me to stay in touch with past clients, consistently follow up with prospects, and track everything in my pipeline so that I can forecast upcoming sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

Following up with contacts and usually required a decent amount of work including outlook, spreadsheets reminders and more. With Contactually I'm able to set up reminders for sales leads in a productive and innovative fashion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's still using yet another software. I wish there was more integration with ticketing systems and their API. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

productivity on sales leads and making them seamless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President Board of Directors
Real Estate
What do you like best?

I have used Contactually since soon after it launched. I have found it to be one of the most user friendly systems I've used in over a decade. It is very "plug and play" with a low barrier to hitting the ground running. The buckets are a terrific way of effectively segmenting your database and tags are a great method to further group by project. It has been a wonderful tool both in my business as well as my non profit work as well. The iPhone app is terrific- to keep those connections and relationships on the go- truly appreciate the daily digest as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At times I am confused by the differences in plans. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out, you may find quickly that it is easier to use than you thought. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Increasing the opportunities to generate additional referrals that may otherwise have fallen by the proverbial wayside. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PRESIDENT & CEO
What do you like best?

They really manage contacts extremely well, very comprehensive approach. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not as easy to integrate outside programs, this is a big limitation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to setup, and ready to roll as fast as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Better focus with Clients and response times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
Photography
What do you like best?

I've tried almost every CRM out there, really. Contactually was the only one that really stood out as a true time saver. It has paid for itself several times over with bringing me work that otherwise would have been lost. The ability to create logical buckets of contacts and keep track of them but user defined timing. Having all of my email conversations, phone call dates and times, texts, and notes all in once place is really handy. I don't have to keep remembering the last time I called or what I said in an email, it's all there. Keeping track of my clients social media comments within their profile is very interesting and one aspect I'll be taking more advantage of soon. Email templates are a huge time saver. Having the ability to email directly within Contactually to clients by bucket is a bonus. In short, there are so many wow features of this program that are either implemented better than most other CRMs, or there are features not available anywhere else that makes it almost a no brainer. Contactually is also highly recommended by Michael Port, the author of one of the best business books available, Book Yourself Solid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The ability to go from the details page of one contact to the next is not possible. One has to go back into the bucket of contacts to go to the next contact. If you're on say page page 20 and you go out of the details page back into the contacts list, you're taken right back to page 1. Hugely time consuming if you want to view details in many contacts.

All fields are not searchable, especially if you create a custom field.

Custom fields only show up when you're in the edit mode of each contact.

Contact list columns are not customizable, nor can you reorder the contacts by any column.

Some Contact list client location fields randomly chooses city and do not appear in the edit client details area to be edited.

Contact list does not have the ability to show more than 50 clients at once.

When selecting all of the clients on one page of the Contact list you have to click on the first one, scroll to the bottom and shift click the last one to select them all. Should have a button at the top to select all at once.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Once you have imported your contact lists and allow Contactually to scrape contacts from your email you have to take the time to put then into buckets. If you don't invest in the time to organize your contacts into usable and logical buckets of contact types then don't even bother getting this CRM. If you're serious though about organizing your contacts and devoting the time it takes to tweak things the way you want then this the best CRM system available for small business. I can't speak for any companies that require more than one person that needs a CRM as that is not my experience. If you're not sure, get the 30 day free trial and really test this out on a small sampling of your contacts. The automation and time savings are worth it. I purchased after less than 2 weeks with it. Contactually isn't perfect but it is certainly darn close. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I finally have a way to gather all of my various email contacts and put them into one location. Keeping a record of what was said to each of them is automatic and a huge time saver. Without Contactually I would have had to go through all of my emails and record conversations, quotes, and other important client information manually.

Contactually has paid for itself several times over in the first few months of using it. Quotes I've forgotten to follow up on, and past conversations with potential clients have turned into paying work due the way in which it displays reminders and allows you to search. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder & CEO
Online Media
What do you like best?

I love that I can go back my entire Gmail history and get in touch with everyone I have ever emailed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like a more advanced pipeline tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it.... it will maximize your business results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales development and marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

BOTELLO & SENSER TEAM - REALTORS® Selling Beach Property®
Real Estate
What do you like best?

Siimple. Intuitive. Tells you what you need to do when you need to do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly don't know. Have not stumbled on anything yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just jump in. You'll be glad you did! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Staying in touch and nurturing our leads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Website Expert, Principal, Marketing Director
Internet
What do you like best?

The system is lightweight, unlike many of the CRMs I've tested. It helps me stay much more productive and helps automate a lot of things (ie reminding me to touch base with prospects/clients, tracks my pipeline, etc) in my business. There's definitely a positive ROI -- whether you consider the amount of time saved through it or amount of business gained through it's features. It's reminded me to reach out to cold prospects from ages ago that have been actively searching for services we offer, and has helped close a lot of business that way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything I don't like about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely try it if you are looking for a CRM that isn't very heavy / bogged down. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helping me keep in touch with my clients and prospects on a normal basis, as well as tracking my pipeline/active projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Real Estate Agent
Real Estate
What do you like best?

Email Templates, Buckets, Tags, and Integrations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

None really. Adding multiple tags used to be faster. I am going to contact support to find out a faster way to do this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Contactually:

-Very competitively priced

-The webinar training is awesome

-Helps you collaborate with other users in your industry

-The sales and service people are very creative and fun to work with

-They are constantly thinking outside the box to provide us with really cool features

-Gave me FREE templates to us for my business

-No one else even came close to making contact classification (buckets) FUN and EASY

-Integration with Chrome, Gmail, etc is awesome (ie: Instantly capture internet articles and info on the go and store to a specific bucket of contacts to send later)

-You will not be disappointed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I need to connect with a large # of prospective clients, prioritize them, and then store a lot of detailed information on each prospect. I have been able to use email templates to QUICKLY connect with hundreds of potential clients on a very personal level. I am excited about utilizing the scale mail and integration with mail chimp features. Contactually is enabling me to create a brand presence that outshines the competition.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Realtor
Real Estate
What do you like best?

Super easy to use! I like that it is not overwhelming and is intuitive in its operations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes get a little glitchy. Also, I would like to be able to enter mailers for a block of users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It takes quite a while to get all of your contacts bucketed after uploading all of your contacts. Set aside time to do this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a Realtor, having a good CRM is vital. I know and have worked with a lot of people, and they form the core of my business. I must be top of mind when any of them consider buying or selling, so regular contact with my database forms the engine of my business. With Contactually, I know who to contact and it tracks how I reach out to them (even if through Social Media or my email). It also reminds me to add people who I have emailed or connected with on Social Media but who are not currently in the system. Contactually is leading edge but does not overwhelm me with complicated functionality. I'm sure I could be using more of its features but love what I currently use. I'm a big fan! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
Financial Services
What do you like best?

The ability to organise contacts into groups then automatically be prompted to get in touch on a regular basis. The ability to template replies and follow-ups save a lot of time and help to systemise processes and communications across the business. The integration with Gmail so all emails are accessible against each contact is super helpful. The automatic synchronisation with lists in MailChimp is a brilliant feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Inviting other users and sharing contacts and permissions appears to have been added as an after thought. It seems to take quite a lot of time to share each bucket with other users and when you enable sharing you have to update your own permissions too which seems odd if you're the owner of the bucket. The mobile app is slow and not very useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for small business owners who need to leverage their time. A caution if you have a lot of LinkedIn connections it can take an extremely long time to bucket them all and might be a waste of time if most of your connections are not of high quality. I chose not to connect LinkedIn for this reason as I have over 1500 connections, most of whom will not be worth bucketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to keep in touch with multiple stakeholder groups is of huge benefit to me. The integration with Gmail also saves a lot of time so I don't have to bcc emails into Contactually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.