Clearscope Reviews & Product Details

Clearscope Overview

What is Clearscope?

Clearscope is the best-in-class SEO content optimization platform that drives search traffic. Our streamlined tools simplify SEO writing so you create first-rate content that ranks. Our text editor is easy to use, share, and teach. In addition to our first-class text editor, we provide: -- AI-powered content reports with high-signal recommendations using real-time data from Google -- Monthly search volume and search intent insights to help you target the right keyword -- An easy-to-understand content grading scale to objectively measure content quality -- Writer-friendly insights and example phrases that encourage relevant, comprehensive writing -- Google Doc and WordPress integrations that insert Clearscope into your content workflow We ensure each customer is set up for success with a robust offering of live demos, onboardings, and hands-on customer support with our expert team. How does Clearscope fit into your workflow? Schedule a demo with us here: https://www.clearscope.io/contact Not sure yet? Send us an email any time at support@clearscope.io to learn more.

Clearscope Details
German, English, French, Italian, Spanish

Clearscope helps content marketers grow their audience and search traffic by removing the guesswork behind content performance.

Clearscope
2016
San Francisco, CA
@Clearscope
141 Twitter followers

Clearscope Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Clearscope community
Have you used Clearscope before?

Clearscope Reviews

Showing 65 Clearscope reviews
Already have Clearscope?
SEO Manager
What do you like best?

The fact we can easily use the keyword search tool to generate reports but also use as a standalone tool while prospecting new content ideas. It gives such a robust set of data, that I feel like I'm making informed choices every time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not really anything, to be honest. I haven't hit a point where I thought, "Darn it, I wish Clearscope could do this!" It works really well, and they keep adding features that I didn't even know I needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No problems, but the benefits are almost endless. We can now assign content writing to new freelancers without having to spend a ton of time outlining exactly what we need for SEO. Instead, we help them understand how to use Clearscope, run a report, share it with them, and let them go.

Easy for high-level editing, and we can see where certain changes were made for SEO, making editorial workarounds MUCH more intuitive and simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The keywordgenerator works well and shows us in the reports exactly where we have used the suggested keywords and where we should make improvements. I can use it in an easy way to improve our content and improve the search engine ranking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think that the menu could be built a bit easier. The dashboard is good, but the menu is a bit confusing because many reports are split up into separate sections. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can improve our ranking by using the suggested keywords and adjusting the meta data and header data in the html code. By constantly improving the content and updating the date, we are better found by search engines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to see how entities (similar to keywords) are used in context by top 10 competitors for your article and real-time content grades. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Small learning curve for running multiple reports, but the Clearscope team offers training to run you through this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I’ve used this tool with several clients that need help writing high-quality content that will rank. You can’t expect to give a writer 50 keywords and receive a quality article in return. Clearscope solves this by allowing the writer to click on any entity (keyword) and see the paragraph it’s used in across the top 10 pages ranking for the main keyword. The content grader (F to A+) shows the writer how well the draft covers the entities, including prioritization for the most relevant entities. My favorite feature is the Google Docs integration, which means writers don’t have to learn a new system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SEO & Conversational Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

Writer friendly tool. Most SEO tools are not very writer friendly. They are very analytical. But in order to be successful in optimizing content, your writers need to love the tools. This team gets that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish that I could buy additional credits / reports when I run out before the end of the month - right from within the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've seen improvements in keyword ranking by optimizing pages / content with the related keywords this tool suggests. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Editor
What do you like best?

I could say a LOT of great things about Clearscope, but my favorites are the Google Docs plugin and highlighting for relevant keywords to include. I love being able to see my "grade" as I write and drive it all the way up to A++! It's also very useful for developing an outline and estimating an appropriate length for an article. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't run into many snags at all. Every time I've had a question or an issue, Clearscope's team has been quick to respond. It works pretty flawlessly, and I've been using it for about a year already. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend diving in! This isn't a replace-all app for SEO data, but if your intention is to write optimized blog content, there is no system as perfectly and seamlessly designed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a managing editor for a content-driven website and owner of a content creation firm, it can be a nightmare to come up with prompts for writers to create SEO-rich content. Clearscope took a huge amount of that stress off, making work that used to take hours done in minutes. In many of our clients' cases, it's been one reason our content ranks high in Google search (which, of course, is the point!) One less obvious benefit is that it helps me see where I'm aiming for a keyword that's not a good fit, like if the best type of response isn't actually an article. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love Clearscope's straightforward UX, ease-of-use, and day-to-day utility. It's a lightweight-yet-impactful addition to an SEO's toolkit that I've been using for almost a year — and can't imagine working without. Clearscope is useful for everyone ranging from an experienced search pro to a new-to-SEO employee and delivers great value for its relatively low cost. The Clearscope team is on-call and available to answer questions as they arise, which is an often-overlooked feature of an SEO platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any issues with Clearscope. Integration with content management systems such as Wordpress or Wagtail would be a bonus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask for a demo from the Clearscope team. They're true experts and can provide business insights and use cases for the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clearscope has streamlined and unified under one roof the processes of keyword research, content ideation, and content optimization for our in-house SEO team. It has become an invaluable tool for our team, as we don't publish a piece of content that goes untouched by Clearscope. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Clearscope is a simple light weight content enhancement program that aligns your interests with that of Google through keyword selection and frequency in content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I had to say I dislike anything with clearscope it would be that sometimes you have to manually filter irrelevant terms from it’s algo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

How to rank higher on Google. It’s really good at solving that! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

Clearscope allows you to write blogs that rank on the first page of Google - plain and simple Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I like everything clearscope has to offer! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buy it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Combined with ahrefs, I save money on marketing by only writing blogs that have a high chance to rank Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Our content team LOVES how Clearscope surfaces all relevant terms that we should be including for a particular SEO query, ensuring that our content piece is as competitive as possible. We also love being able to "grade" content drafts and see how competitive different iterations are in terms of length, keywords, etc. The Google docs plug-in is also EPIC, empowering us to leverage the tool's capabilities within our existing workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any criticisms here! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're making smarter content decisions with Clearscope. Anyone can perform keyword research, but Clearscope fills in all the blanks in terms of user intent, relevant terms, length, content type, etc. to ensure that you're operating as strategically as possible when creating content for your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The interface is so simple and easy to understand, but the thought behind it is powerful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Limited number of old searches displayed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clearscope does methodically what I've done manually for years: find out what readers want by analyzing Google search results. Only it does it more deeply and faster and with more options than I ever could. By also analyzing the competition on page 1 of the SERPs, it lets you easily spot opportunities and recognize whether readers have a transactional or informational intent, and what sort of content others are using to satisfy that intent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Director
What do you like best?

We use Clearscope in two ways:

1) To create content for our clients—SaaS and tech companies,

2) To support our clients' in-house content teams with their content creation efforts

Clearscope is a great extension of our team and integrates seamlessly with the in-house content teams of our clients.

It is easy to use and thus anyone—without having to be tech-savvy—can use it for content creation or update.

With Clearscope's Share Report for Google Docs, we can have anyone create a piece based on Clearscope's recommendations, without having to sign up for the product or sign in to an account.

Also, and this is very important, even though we've tested other NLP-based content editors, we find Clearscope's to be the most sophisticated one.

I recommend it to any content marketing agency that creates content for its clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I'd say I dislike at the moment. So far, so good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Obviously, we're getting more organic traffic for our clients with Clearscope. One additional benefit is the fact that the tool integrates seamlessly with our clients' content teams.

Thus, we don't have to have back-n-forth via email or via commenting on Google Docs. All we do nowadays is prepare a Creation Document with some guidelines on the doc, share the Clearscope Report URL and review the piece when its ready. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Growth Manager
What do you like best?

Clearscope is so easy and intuitive. Onboarding users is painless and will usually get it from the start. Everyone on the team is now using it and has it integrated to Google Docs so that they don't need to leave their normal workflows. The Clearscope team is great and very responsive to any questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far so good. I love the product and recommended it all the time. I'm excited to see how Clearscope keeps growing and what the future of the product holds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's your content competitive advantage. Get it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Most SEO tools I use have content optimization and analysis features, but they don't match up to what Clearscope does. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

- Onboarding and support is excellent. Bernard pretty much writes your first content for you in ten minutes

- it’s incredibly enlightening even when you know the sector well to see how you can miss the most obvious related semantic terms

- Simple to use / share with freelancers

- Anyone can edit a blog post to rank with clear scope on their side. Very little barrier to usage.

- Makes you feel at a big advantage to your competitors

- cost is manageable enough to add on to your other seo tools. Unlike another competitor whose costs were just way out of reach of smaller enterprise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- worried that others in my sector might get it!

- not a dislike but would be great if it had a wordpress plugin so you can edit in wp without copying and pasting in and out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Outranking competitors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder
What do you like best?

Clearscope helps you develop semantically relevant, search intent driven content quickly. It pulls together a simple report on what to include, typical length and helps you think about how topic clusters should come together.

It's been great for internal and external users to create new content.

It's also great for refreshing old content which is a great way to protect the traffic you've already earned. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The text editor is still a WIP but you can always pull reports into GDocs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes growing and protecting organic traffic simple and allows us to focus on execution rather than ideation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Unlike other SEO tools, which narrowly focus on keyword volume and meta title/description, Clearscope equips you a 365-degree suite of modern tools to optimize your content quickly and effectively—while accounting for Google's latest algorithm changes. From a powerful keyword search tool, to a responsive editor that accounts for the quality of the body content itself, Clearscope is truly a one-stop shop for everything a content marketer in 2020 needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything to note here. There aren't any features we dislike at the moment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've used Clearscope to better optimize historical content as well as all future content moving forward—the ultimate goal of which is to increase our organic search traffic and rank for top keywords. In just shy of two months, we've seen a 50% increase in organic search traffic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal & Chief Growth Officer
What do you like best?

Stellar results, onboarding education, upgrade to our content creation process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We've been using SEO tools for the best number of years and this one has been incredibly helpful to provide a grade to our content and helping improve each piece from a writing perspective. I can't think of anything that is negative, we use this for many of our clients! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the issue of measuring the content that we write compared to other content that is already written for the specific keyword/phrase that we want to get traction around. When looking for SEO and content opportunities, historically, there has been lots of guess about results. Clearscope has helped us move forward with more confidence and get results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

The interface is really use and I love that I can hand a report to any writer and they are able to "hop in" and learn the ropes without any sort of training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Try not to sound too robotic by using the words that Clearscope recommends Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clearscope has made the content creation a seamless process where you (a site owner) barely has to be involved and can let the copywriter do all the work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SEO Director
What do you like best?

Clearscope systematizes all of the processes that we *used* to do manually in our content research. It's also a godsend for anybody doing client work that isn't a total expert in a given industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Right now the product works perfectly for us and is easy to share/explain to others. I have nothing about it that I dislike at this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product provides so much value for what it costs. Honestly, if you're producing content online and using it to drive business, you need to use Clearscope. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've been able to do deep competitive content research, as well as content analysis for our own work in a fraction of the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Editor
What do you like best?

Clearscope's Google Docs integration is currently in beta but is extremely helpful. I love that it lets me input different reports to analyze side-by-side with my written copy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that would make Clearscope perfect is if they would support Wordpress integration. Being able to interact with Clearscope and Wordpress the way I can with their Google Docs beta would save me a great deal of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Schedule a tour and see for yourself! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clearscope has been instrumental in boosting SEO and traffic to many of our websites. Going through old content and updating it with new keywords and phrases has skyrocketed our sites to the first pages of many Google searches! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UW
What do you like best?

- The onboarding process

- Simplicity

- Google doc add-on Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of. It's superior to alternatives in every way Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps our content teams stay focused on search intent Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head Of Search
What do you like best?

We use and are happy with SEMrush for everyday content requirements but the clearscope tool provides just a bit more and makes it easier to write content. For the most important pages for super competitive terms, this slight advantage means everything which is why I'm getting hooked on this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its quite an expensive tool when you consider it's content only. As I mentioned, SEMrush offers content elements but gaining an edge makes this tool page itself off. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating the perfect copy to rank for the most competitive terms on Google. It also has a keyword tool that gives keyword data which is a lot faster than Google Ads Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Product Marketing
What do you like best?

Clearscope is so easy to use, and at the same time is the highest impact tool my team uses. We use it to help us structure and craft each and every seo focused blog post. I love that it tells us which keywords are most important and that it gives each piece of content a letter grade so that we know how it stacks up against the SERP. I would never run another content program without it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There aren't really any downsides to using Clearscope that I can think of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Clearscope is very inexpensive for the value it drives in terms of rankings and traffic to our site Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SEO is such a black box but Clearscope does a great job of make it a little less of a blackbox. It helps us understand what type of content and which topics are currently performing for our target keywords so that we have a fighting chance of publishing a post that will end up on page 1. Our content program is young (less than 1 year old) but we already have a number of posts ranking on page 1 for target keywords - Clearscope has helped us achieve this very fast ranking and growth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder, SEO Director
What do you like best?

Clearscope has been a great asset for your team and especially writers. The sharable links + GDoc integration allows them to not go outside of their usual workflow, but still, keep SEO top of mind. The platform is fast and very user-friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Most of my needs/wants apparently are on the roadmap so dislikes really. The team has been awesome at handling communications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Integrating SEO into Content Marketing efforts seamlessly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Insurance Producer
Financial Services
What do you like best?

We started running all our content, as well as upgrading old content, through Clearscope at the beginning of 2019. We've been able to double search traffic from Q1 through the end of Q3 using this approach, plus link building. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would love a Wordpress add on, which I hear is in Beta. Also, I ran into a few issues with their Google Docs add-on, which has been fixed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Grow search traffic to around 75,000 to over 150,000 in nine months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Clearscope helps us figure out both what content to write AND how to actually write it. Most SEO tools sell snake oil, but Clearscope's is actually based on data from Google itself. In addition, Bernard and the Clearscope team provide incredible customer success. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing that I dislike about using Clearscope. It's a best-in-class SEO product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are figuring out what content to write and how to go about writing it. Clearscope helps us determine unique section headings, word counts, keywords, etc. It has helped us rank soooooo much better for important head and tail terms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.