Citrix ShareFile Reviews & Product Details

Citrix ShareFile Overview

What is Citrix ShareFile?

Citrix ShareFile offers secure file, sync, and sharing for your small or medium business.

Citrix ShareFile Details
German, English, French, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

Customers derive value from ShareFile from workflows that we enable and integrate with. An example: a mobile workflow that involves Office file editing or PDF annotation within the same app where you access your files. Most of the largest customers use ShareFile with on-premises storage or to mobilize data in existing systems like SharePoint or file shares.

To cater to specific industries, Citrix has introduced features and services like ShareFile Archiving for Financial Services, ShareFile Cloud for Healthcare and ShareFile Virtual Data Room that help professionals collaborate while avoiding fines associated with failure to meet regulatory requirements.

ShareFile is a standalone product, a part of the Citrix EMM offering, integrated with our virtual app/desktop (XenApp / XenDesktop) product and Citrix Workspace Suite. We're the only vendor with an EFSS solution that’s specially optimized for virtual app and desktop infrastructures.

Citrix
$3,010
@citrix
11,129 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Sharing insights in cloud, mobile, virtualization, collaboration & networking.

Citrix ShareFile Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Citrix ShareFile community
Have you used Citrix ShareFile before?

Citrix ShareFile Reviews

Showing 985 Citrix ShareFile reviews
Already have Citrix ShareFile?
Global Marketing Manager, Recruiting Events & Partnerships
What do you like best?

I like being able to have a tool with remote access, these days this is something assential for my remote work, there are other outstanding qualities that allow highlighting its functionalities, it provides quick and easy access from any device that needs to use it.

It is possible to carry out an exhaustive and real-time monitoring, which allows to speed up the flow of my work by optimizing the management of documents. Another of its strengths is the automation of the entire work, which helps me to quickly achieve what I want to do, without so many complications, in addition to the help of a comfortable and intuitive interface.

It is incresibly easy to synchronize to send and receive files in any format, also safely, protecting all our files. It has an extensive cloud storage platform which reassures me, since I can keep all my data safe and free from any threat. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The tool may have a better price ratio, it may be more expensive that you expected.

If the file is very heavy, the platform becomes slow and annoying, it takes a long time to upload, edit and send. The synchronization of the cell phone is slow, using Sharefile on the cell phone is for convenience and speed, but with how slow it can be, many times it is not worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you can't get the order of your files, can't keep more control, or have some vulnerabilities due to some viruses, trust me ShareFile is the right tool to combat this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using a tool to improve our relationship in document management was always essential, and when ShareFile arrieved it solved all our problems. It is a practical. fast and secure tool that helped us from day one with the sending and comments in real time, editing, managing signatures, including storage of all my important documents. We get the right tool for our work, we keep it and improve our work system day by day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content Developer
What do you like best?

I love things like fast and efficient file sharing and convenient accessibility. Another advantage I appreciate is the protection and monitoring for those who can access the documents and audit the changes online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A notable drawback I saw was that there is no tool for locking the documents, so there is a possibility for version errors if many users view and update a file simultaneously. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

While I found the ShareFile software helpful, it has been very convenient for me in all my daily activities, such as working on documents, with regards to storage and online sharing with team members and clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Global Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

This application has accelerated my productivity through automated work flows. It is very easy to customize and synchronize thus I never stuck at any phase. Further it provides bank level data encryption and gives a secure mode of working. In case of any file loss I have the full authority to recover it. This application keeps me update about any unauthorized data access and helps me to prevent the leaks. In addition I am capable of managing the emails due to easy dragging and dropping of the data from its cloud. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it becomes difficult to search the right file some easy searching options could be provided, further couple of times I have got stuck in processing the CAD files which also slowdowns the performance, I exactly cannot comment on their limitation of the file size. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I will truly recommend this application for getting rid of the data scattering; it will help you to organize and put your data at one place and facilitate you for its sharing. It is very economical software and provides quick download speed and you will love its file retention policy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is a cloud based application that stores my documentation and ease me for its download and collaboration with any other cloud based application. Through its platform I can easily send the files of various types without being concerned about its size. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Director
What do you like best?

I like it very much because the interface is totally understandable. What document is safe because the storage is highly capable of storing all types of documents. The price is an advantage because it is not very expensive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Basically the only negative of the software is that from time to time it is very slow when loading large files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend ShareFile because it is very easy to use and the price is very low, so there is no excuse not to buy it, you will have an efficient tool in which many people can benefit from the collaboration capabilities of the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For us it is fundamental because we have been able to develop a storage system with the necessary productivity and the successful collaboration of team members between departments, between suppliers and everything related to the company. It is a very important element to influence the pace of work in each of the users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Analista de TI
What do you like best?

ShareFile is an easy to use and explore tool. The platform syncs across different devices, so you can access your files at all times. Another very relevant advantage of this software is its large storage capacity. I also like that documents can be signed directly from the platform using RightSignature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

ShareFile needs to be more cost effective, that is, they should implement other storage plans with more affordable costs. In addition, they should provide a free space and not just trial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ShareFile is one of the best tools that my organization has been able to hire. It is a platform that we use daily to manage files in all departments for different tasks. I recommend this service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Through ShareFile, we are able to share files between various departments in the company, which has allowed us to be more efficient by being able to synchronize this application across all our devices. Also, we can collaborate with others and download documents to my device if I need to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Brand Manager
What do you like best?

I can encrypt my file and email easily without needing too much technical knowledge. Really helpful in storing and sharing large file over the cloud storage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It has a problem when multiple user try to working the same file at the same time. The file will show error. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software can handle big size files on their cloud service. It is the best option for you if you has the same requirement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Use it to backing up my urgent and sensitive file and document. I also use it to send encrypted and protected email and files to the client. It has data chunker which help accelerating times when uploading a big size file to the cloud storage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

* Have a free trial.

* It has an easy to use interface, you can even customize the appearance of the panels.

* It is possible to drag and drop files.

* You can have both shared and personal folders.

* Has a messaging tool.

* It has desktop applications and mobile apps.

* Can be integrated with Microsoft Office Online.

* It has unlimited storage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

* Mobile apps have a delay in syncing files.

* The cost per additional user is very high. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ShareFile is a very popular storage platform because it offers unlimited storage plans. Also, it has a user-friendly interface. I recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main benefit is that it offers us unlimited storage to add thousands of files or documents of great importance to our organization. Honestly, we have to send and receive files regularly, which is why ShareFile has greatly improved our performance.

Another advantage is that we can use this tool from different devices, so we can access the files from anywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ソフトウェアエンジニア
What do you like best?

You want the capability to transmit as well as receive extremely private info documents through encrypted documents. File sharing is a job. I could connect protected documents and send them by e mail, and the get documents downloaded by buyers that are aware the info they have is protected. I also can create files to talk about in the workplace. It is not difficult to create subfolders and folders. Knowing that the files of yours as well as your customers' documents are secure is priceless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Until now, I have not found any major defect Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ShareFile offers secure and easy-to-use Cloud Secure File Transfer (MFT) products with extensive information safety management, local storage support, file management, rendering it incredibly versatile for business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ShareFile enables you to share documents and files minus the want to obtain them to a flash-drive or maybe Cd, or even make pages. This will save time as well as money all for the company of yours as well as the customers of yours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President
What do you like best?

The application includes many additional features, for example the ability and secure email, to increase the features cost-effectively and easily. I have used the application in 3 different companies. The process was simple and getting to know the counseling center was excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We use the Gmail plugin a lot, which has become a problem. In many cases, a file using the plugin will break the first time it is downloaded. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you intend to use a complicated folder structure, look for a sharefile expert. The user interface has limits on what can be created in the blink of an eye. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I manage to easily share the file portal with every person and extend the device. I have a file structure template that I would use for any recently integrated user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Program Manager | Enterprise Risk and Security at Expedia Group
What do you like best?

I love being able to manage user access to each file. In addition, the possibility to set up distribution groups and mix them up to access the documentation is actually essential for a broad, multifunctional healthcare system. Our visitors report that they are able to quickly go through the website and use the feedback links to properly download files. If we do not have a protected e-mail system, it is essential to collect very confidential data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the web interface may be slightly damaged or compromised, and performance may vary. A desktop synchronization program is also relatively slow and would gain a much faster response. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For me, probably the biggest benefit of ShareFile is in fact the simplicity of external resource exchange. If necessary, I suggest it as an alternative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

I that way every person in the home office is able to connect to the network and share data. I also love the point that we are able to have personal folders for individual details and private valued clients etc. I additionally love the point that they provide an Outlook plug for secure email. We manage information that is confidential about the customers of ours and are glad to send out draft files to the company of yours for evaluation prior to the meeting, without stressing about potential information leaks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I suppose there is nothing bad with saying it right now. Even in case you inadvertently removed a thing out of your desktop application, you are able to navigate to the cloud and also get it too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am unsure he was chosen before I began working for the business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is very simple to work with. I love the fact that users are able to shift shared documents as folders to the computer of theirs. We chose Sharefile since we needed a workflow program which would permit us to handle our customers better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to share huge files by link or record is a great facility, and shared files can be password protected. And we have the ability to authorize records electronically and also to send them to third parties for signature. Posting documents from your laptop, server or cloud storage space is done efficiently. It is very easy to establish files for signature, date and also capacity. It integrates with Outlook to send huge e-mail attachments when the size is too large for your program or the recipient's program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be a challenge to find the list of records sent from ShareFile and identify their condition without opening the record. One of the disadvantages I noticed was that there is no file locking tool, so if multiple individuals access and edit data at the same time, there is a potential for variation erros. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is no restriction on the number of jobs you can send to the brand each month, unlike other electronic record signing programs. ShareFile really saved my investment and business time by reducing the time to share, update and distribute documents. This actually improved communication between events and also decreased errors in inaccurate information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In fact, it made the development of model documents that need to be distributed to trademarks an easier and much more efficient process. There are good training components available. ShareFile is generally very easy to use for experienced participants. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

All professionals are customers of their resources. And we chose ShareFile, as our needs to do this were the best met of all the digital document storage companies we reviewed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As a result of the level of encryption we need, format records for some programs cannot be edited online on ShareFile. However, due to the fact that ShareFile can be synchronized with several other devices, documents can be modified by opening them directly from File Explorer and saved again in ShareFile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We are a company of great performance also online, currently we offer several services of our products, so we practically required a program that we can customize for record keeping to be accessed from anywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Suitable for high file encryption functions, as compliance with the security of each company needs to have. This is a significant factor that we select this SaaS. In addition, we had the option of encryption levels if we hadn't demanded such a high level of protection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CG
What do you like best?

The product is available with option for cloud based & on premises. It is fairly easy to install & configure. Allows to send or request big files with others. Has software/plugin for Outlook, mobile devices, etc. Can sync content too. File transfer is quite fast. Allows for customizing the look & feel of the application to some extent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Configuring high availability for Citrix ShareFile is an issue. Atleast we faced it. Would have liked if there was more relaxed option for customizing look and feel of the product interface from end user's perspective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If in the market looking for a quality secure managed file transfer product backed by qualified support personnel, then Citrix ShareFile is the solution. You can opt for either Cloud based storage or On-Premises based. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sending & received of huge file securely and quickly. Centrally managing this service with ability to access the services from various devices and platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

ShareFile is a superb tool which helps us managing our projects. It has roots in keeping everybody updates about what the other member has done. One of the best things we like about it is the commenting option by which we can know whether our team has followed our command or not. ShareFile has brought together our various departments at one place. It is a unique cloud based application for storing all sorts of the data. Its security policy is also very appreciative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far I haven’t face any major problem with ShareFile. It serves all the collaboration purposes. One of the disadvantage is that drag and drop feature is not good enough due to which we have to face trouble in linking multiple files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It would be helpful for managing your data. Moreover its configuration is very easy and provides maximum capacity to upload the files. You will find it limitless in terms of file upload. This is time saving product otherwise much of the time gets wasted in finding exact information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am getting best through this tool, because of its great performance and keeping our data safe and secure. It has great security policies, and we are never worried about data corruption and its deletion. ShareFile is the most user friendly software that has helped us in planning, managing and assisting our work. It is playing a great role in our organization by providing secure services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love this software for multiple reasons, about its operation since it contains a unique design, which moves the competition between other platforms similar to the system, it provides a solid digital base for information storage and retrieval in the cloud, this service generates fast download speeds, highlighting that it is an excellent slide, mentioning that it is very flexible in terms of its prices for the initiation of service in the company and it should be noted that it is frequently updated to add new options for ease of use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Upload speeds are not the best, because it has a design flaw, presenting a slow send, this formed to exceed the weight capacity of some file, and even its access to the digital connection may be the cause all this generated problem, the users of the system have a daily growth, thanks to the fact that they have separate accounts, which could be of great help a tool that automatically monitors these individuals, since they are multiple and sometimes it is difficult to cover with all these clients at once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sharefile works very well to send encrypted attachments through the outlook application, the one-click function makes it intuitive for multiple users who want to use this software, suitable for companies that need and are looking for a high encryption option for each document needs to be sent, this provides a high hierarchy of trust between company-client, mentioning that it is flexible for electronic signatures, either by keyboard, mouse or by sliding your finger on smartphones or tablets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sharefile is used throughout our organization, due to its high management of maximum protection of each information we want to send, that is, this software allows us to share encrypted files between clients, in other aspects our great fear was to send classified grade documents of our company through email, as this service offers a way to send files through an encrypted portal and, likewise, emails, it was implemented mainly with the reference product for these situations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

That way everyone with access can see that we've done the work and the history in that folder it makes huge difference to over workflow we no longer need to organise paper or have to scan document to keep an electrical copy I love how the user access is so detailed what provides can upload their information into their own folder that they are can't see all of our other provides folders Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the site is pretty slow at times some time but it could just be the amount of data we have an over dataset I made be able to clean it up and would be faster Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Share file best software additional features including secure email and ability to easily and affordable and more I have used this software now and their difference companies set up was easy at the help center guidelines was very good and helpful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Its ease of use! Even a novice with very little internet/computer capability can easily upload and download files to my personal portal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The folder and sharing structure are not necessarily intuitive and it took a bit to fully understand how it works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Transmission of large files in a secure manner to anyone! Not just your clients, can be to opposing counsel too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tax Manager
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use and that it is cloud base which make accessing it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is there could be some lag time between the Citrix mapper tool when updating files to the cloud. There were situations where I give a user permissions to for a folder and they do not see it on their mapper. I ended up having to reset the app for it to show up.

I also dislike that there is no global permissions where you can prevent users from dragging folders into an incorrect place. I had users where they accidentally drag folders into other folders.

With Sharefile it also makes sharing files with client super easy and secure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

An organization looking for a replacement for an on-premises file server solution and do not like the way Sharepoint with One drive works.

Easy to access either from a mobile app or tablet

Can perform FTP and integrate with other software other Citrix platforms like Citrix workspace.

Each user gets 90 GB of shared space, and a personal folder as well.

They are compliant with HIPAA, SOC2 Compliant, and other financial compliance Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

By using Sharefile users do not have to VPN to access files to work. We also do not have a need for on-premises hardware. As long as a user have Internet connection they are able to access files which make working remotely easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.