Cerego Reviews & Product Details

Cerego Overview

What is Cerego?

Cerego’s adaptive learning platform uses cognitive science and AI to automate the creation of learning material, and accelerates everyone's ability to retain and apply knowledge.

Cerego Details
English, Japanese, Spanish

Cerego is a flexible platform that effectively drives your team's learning, training, and skill set acquisition. Simple on the outside, while robust and multidimensional inside, Cerego shifts the paradigm of learning software by focusing on how people learn rather than what they learn.

Unlike the LMS which mainly stores content online for people to access, Cerego implements cognitive science and AI to create unique learning pathways for each individual learner. The result is people get to subject mastery faster. Cerego is used by customers as either their main system of learning, or as an integration with their LMS to give it effective and measurable learning outcomes.

Cerego
San Francisco, CA

Cerego Videos

Cerego Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Cerego community
Have you used Cerego before?

Cerego Reviews

Showing 26 Cerego reviews
Already have Cerego?
What do you like best?

Cerego enables students to utilize and optimize learning for their courses in their respective learning platform. It allows you to learn subjects in interactive and repetitive ways. It also reminds you to review the materials via emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the software is a bit too simple at times as it only allows users to have same kind of questions repeated over and over again (instead of providing new auto-generated questions). I hope they can use the algorithms to provide new questions or interactive learning activities every time when we use the software to review the material. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to be fully aware of how to best utilize Cerego by going through a tutorial and read other reviews of this software. This can make the user a better user and perform better at the subject he or she is learning about. Also, please use this software on a daily basis as it will significantly improve your performance by repetitiveness. Using this software once a week or less would not solve your problem or improve your progress. I hope more people can use this software for their own benefit rather than doing it because the school tells you that it's a requirement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cerego allows users to familiarize themselves with a certain subject you are wishing to learn. The educational institution input the study subject or material they would like their students to learn and allow the software to configure a learning roadmap for the students to partake in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's hard to say only one thing, but I would say, Cerego has provided us with why to deliver a continuous learning experience, by provided curated content reviews according to the learner's retention of information, this also changed or philosophy on grading, now we work on how to develop our team with a true understanding of what they need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would say I dislike it, but being a platform that is evolving, the lowlight is that it has some glitches sometimes. But the team works on them fast to avoid a lot of downtimes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try It! I analyzed a bunch of different LMS systems and this is the best out there, not only because of the system, the team behind it works like a true partner, making sure there are able to help you achieve your goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Instead of grading the learner and just knowing there is a lack of knowledge, by constantly reviewing the content learners are able to better retain and therefore remember and apply the processes.

We are also able to maintain our global teams standardized and up to date to all the policies and procedures.

As part of the content team, it makes it easy for us to create new content, this allows us to create more content, being a small team that is great for us to be able to achieve our goals. With other LMS systems, it took us a long time and many projects were left undone, only being able to do the most urgent requests. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

That you are able to learn small chunks of information at a time. This is very helpful to keep the information clear and know what is important to learn. I like that we are able to choose what the students are able to learn and keep track of. I also like that you can decide what level the student needs to know before mastery. I use it in my classes and now I have added it to a module that I maintain with our State Component Association. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That at times the information seems so long or repetitive. I don't like that sometimes it can be really long and the number of lessons can be pretty lengthy. There are very few things that I dislike about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is easy to integrate and the students will really like it. It helps keep memories upfront and so the recall is easy and you know that they are getting the right information stored in their brains. I think it is one of the best tools out there and I try to promote it as much as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The forgettting curve and note-taking. We see that students are able to focus more on the cerego and skim the areas of the books. This helps with how students take notes and we can ensure they are aware of what are the important items for them. I really like that the app can be installed on the phone. This allows users to truly integrate this into their lives. I do this by pulling out the app in line in the grocery store and working on some assignments or by working on my phone when I am in the restaurant waiting for my food. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I’ve found most helpful is that Cerego will make you work and learn, but then make you take a break, stop, and absorb what you’ve learned. The other part of Cerego I like best is almost every student I speak to loves the program and loves using Cerego so that’s a really really good Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes they take away too long to finish. I understand 2 to 3 days but not any longer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendation would be just try it at least once and see what you think because it’s very different than anything else you’ve ever done when it comes to learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to read something and absorb it in a different way than just reading a book. It works those are the benefits I realize, and I’ve seen for myself and students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

I liked the fact that students are able to try Cerego for free for 30 days and also the adaptive features of the learning process. It does appear to fit with how many students learn today. I also liked the supplementary documents at the bottom of the website, but I was not entirely clear how the final two documents fit with Cerego. I did not have any notable problems with the tech support either Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I was not entirely sure the purpose of the G2 website. It appeared that this was a third party vendor that sold access to Cerego, but this was not entirely clear from the website. If I did purchase the software, I was not clear if I would access it here or at the Cerego website. In regards to Cerego, several students would complain about the process at times as they felt that it was too repetitive and amounted to busy work as they would like to be able to move on to the next steps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that the software is compatible with your LMS before starting the process. I also highly recommend using tech support the first time that you are setting it up to help with the integration process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to use this system to reinforce core concepts that we are trying to cover in the course. I also have tried using Cerego for a partially flipped classroom as students can work on mastering concepts on their own and this can save valuable classroom time for other subjects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Professor of Health Promotion
Research
What do you like best?

Cerego is automated yet personalized for each student’s learning pace. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Many students want to only use the Cerego app. For these students, I wish they weren’t required to access Cerego through Canvas at all in order for their grades to populate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cerego has helped solved the problem of lack of student engagement in out-of-class work. Students actually engage in the material in Cerego, because they can interact with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The application of the distributed learning practice effects. I like that the app makes the students engage in the material every day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As an instructor, making many quiz questions on Cerego seems redundant in terms of time. All publishers already have a set of quiz questions for instructors to use. Why can't Cerego add another step to get authorization from the publishers? If there are a set of questions from the textbook publisher that I am already using, I would have definitely adopted Cerego. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to help students memorize definitions, Cerego is the way to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am trying to prevent students from cramming the night before the test. The benefit is the fact that it is an app, students are more likely to answer the questions as opposed to having to log into an LMS to take a quiz. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Adjunct Professor
What do you like best?

I like how the questions are posed in different ways as the review sessions go on. This prevents the learner from memorizing the position of the answer or being able to pick the right answer out of a set rather than actually knowing the answer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's cost-prohibitive for a class that wants to use it as part of the learning rather than for a large chunk of the course. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a fantastic learning tool to help your clients/students/employees internalize information in a gradual and pleasant manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps eliminate short-term learning or "studying for the test". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My students are reviewing consistently and getting the repetition they need to learn and expand their Spanish vocabulary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some changes to the platform from a teacher role were not straight forward. My IT director had to help figure our permissions so I could edit my sets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out first so you can better inform the way you plan to use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

"I studied Spanish for 4 years, but I don't remember any of it." This is the age-old problem of world language teaching: getting words into students' long-term memory. Thank you, Cerego, for improving students' retention. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How it makes you go over information multiple days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Spelling questions that are lengthy or more than 3 words Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is great for school. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps me go over all of the needed information in the text book. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Cerego is extremely easy to use. Especially if using a laptop or desktop Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For enrolment purposes, a prospective student who is shown the platform and asked to complete the questions has to come back the next day to complete them. It burdens the admissions process Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it yourself and pilot it. Then ask yourself to recall the memories. Compare that to reading material and reciting it later on Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Spaced repetition helps us in concert with suggesting fewer reading materials for learing. Students can rehearse the learn it and it cuts down on time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director Of Training And Development
What do you like best?

Ease of use once you find a pattern that works for you Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to store / review the sections without them having to retest or get locked out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The survey features are my favorite! After a training session we are able to see how they are thinking and if they interpreted the information properly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It has an AI feature that figures out when users are most likely engage with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The predicting of distractors when you just enter text & it generates questions & answer choices is weak. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It was a bit hard to get a hang of the question formats.

I have a way to check understanding of key concepts before an exam. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The algorithm is very robust and helpful to facilitate more durable learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a little clunky and could use some updating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

An excellent tool and easy to create content. Some UI needs refining, but overall the most effective tool I have used in my class instruction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Delivering instruction to students both online and in person. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Content customisation and scientific method of reinforcing memory on concepts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

None. I find the platform self sufficient Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Cerego is the most efficient and effective e-learning platform I have so far encountered Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating long term memories on concepts that I need for our business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is a good product for students to learn material. I like the seamless integration. with canvas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't really use the teacher dashboard much and when I try it seems difficult to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My college students are learning material and remembering better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Training Manager
What do you like best?

Focus on knowledge retention is amazing and the science behind what makes the information stick, not just teach you once, test you and check the box that you know it now. If you need to really know for sure that someone understands the content and will remember it, look no further as Cerego is THE BEST. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Only possible downside, if you can call it that, is that it is not ideal when you need to get a large amount of information across quickly. The automated content generation makes it easy to put in a lot of information but their focus is on retention, not quick learning and forget it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating content is a snap with the learning algorithm they use to analyze the content and create quiz questions for you with automatic distractor answers that are fully customizable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The flash card aspect.I like how it helps with memory building . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The amount of concepts pushed into one assignment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

How to master the material and it certainly helps with memory building. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The algorithym and the retention rate concept Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

None so far. I like all the features within Cerego Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

More user friendly features please Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The daily tracking of your progress rate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

AI in both generating the questions and how it handles learning and analytics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Faculty do not have their own space on the platform. Integration from the LMS is not seamless assigning the instructor automatically to the course etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Longer retention for core course concepts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

push to review items was nice. But is not exactly adaptive learning Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Falsely advertised as adaptive learning more like a personal learning platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

n/a Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

biology Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Giving time to learners to go back and review as well as notifications to learn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Giving to many breaks and the learner cannot proceed till the following day Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To embrace it because it is a good tool for learning to all users enrolled. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

product knowledge issues and benefits are that the learners can now conversant with the products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

I like that it easily makes questions for tests/quizzes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does not always develop questions that are useable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just take your time and explore cerego before making final decisions. This product is useful if you use it to its full extent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cerego is a product that helps enhance open educational resource

Courses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Instructor
What do you like best?

I piloted the Cerego courseware product for Introduction to Sociology, and I was impressed at the way this this educational company has taken open source content, research from cognitive science and educational psychology to present sociology in a new a fascinating way for each learner. I also like how interactive it is. I can use it on my phone, computer, anytime of day to learn sociology. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While I like the courseware app, I just could not make it fit with my traditional pedagogy of lecture and reading. I can see how it would be useful in online classes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think instructors interested in new ways to engage students should try Cerego in an online course. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I think the technology is an interesting way to get students engaged in reading and content in new ways. Students these days are busy and often don't read traditional textbooks, so this app repackages content into ways that engage students and helps them learn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.