Bubbl.us Reviews & Product Details

What is Bubbl.us?

Bubbl.us is an easy-to-use, online brainstorming software. With Bubbl.us you can create colorful mind maps and share them with others. To view examples of mind maps that were created using Bubbl.us, see https://bubbl.us/help/examples

Bubbl.us Screenshots

Bubbl.us Reviews

1-25 of 25 total Bubbl.us reviews
Project Engineer
Oil & Energy

" Good tool for the elaboration of conceptual maps that can easily be converted into image formats"

What do you like best?

One of the most important advantages of this program is that it allows exporting the conceptual maps made in images of easy to use and lightweight formats to be sent by mail or easily edited. these can also be inserted in web pages.

another of its advantages is that the use of this software can be for student or work environment.

gives freedom for the selection of designs at the time of making the maps, as well as colors I have location of boxes to place the roles.

What do you dislike?

One disadvantage is the impossibility to annex the concepts of other types of resources, such as links to web pages, documents, videos, images or any other digital resource that allows expanding the theme developed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this program because its use and application is very simple, understandable and agile, it can be used for both professional and work environment. You can share the final product in social networks, you can easily print in the format of preference to be shared and commented by a team.

With this program I managed to establish order in the activities since it is possible to organize and conceptualize the information both at the personal level and at the work level.

you get a high quality final design. obtaining a final product in image format can be printed, exported to social networks, insert and combine the information.

Senior Software Engineering
(Myself Only)

"Excellent application to create diagrams"

What do you like best?

The best of Bubble is that it is a simple application to use and that it does not require any type of explanation because its interface is very intuitive and all the menus are very intuitive, the application itself works without any kind of problem and meets my expectations .

Among the different options offered, we can print the diagrams in documents or save the file in different formats such as PNG, JPG, HTML or PDF. It is also possible to share our work through a link generated by the application, this link is read only so it is not possible for other people to edit our diagram.

Another feature that I liked has been that the application has a history in which each action counts, so it is possible to go back and edit or undo according to our needs.

What do you dislike?

The only negative aspect I found is that it is not a very popular application so finding information about this application on the internet is a bit complicated but luckily it is very easy to understand how the app works so in the end you just learn by yourself.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend buying the license of Bubble since it is not very expensive and unlocks some really useful features, also I suggest that when you finish your work you save it locally to avoid loss of data, I do it by downloading the file in plain text.

Personally at work I use this application to design the flow diagrams of the programming team, this team makes a sketch with the entities to represent and their functions, later I represent these entities in Bubble.us and through a link I can share I work to make sure that everything is well organized.

Web Designer
Graphic Design
(Myself Only)

"User friendly mind mapping"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Bubbl.us is the simplicity of the application to capture ideas using diagrams, but the application also offers options to create UML diagrams that can be used to create programming projects and flowcharts.

The interface is very clean and simple, to add a "bubble" in which you create ideas or actions, just click on the "+" button and write what you need. The application can be very useful if you work as a team and need to share ideas in a simple way.

What do you dislike?

- Moving the bubbles is very complicated! When you put the cursor on the edge of the bubble you have to be very precise because if it is not impossible to move since the border is very thin.

- While creating diagrams it seemed to me that dragging the bubbles slowed down the application a bit, although this can be my computer (but still it could be improved).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend using Bubble if you are looking for a simple application to create flow charts or plasma ideas so you can organize your ideas and not forget them. The application provides a trial period in which you can use the most basic features.

I was looking for an application to create flowcharts for programming projects especially for web projects in HTML and CSS and I needed an application that would simply allow me to create them without too many options, something quick to create.

"Platform for the graphic representation of concepts."

What do you like best?

Platform adapted to the demands of the current user. Simple to use, simple configuration and series of intuitive tools. We can save or download the image as an image in its various formats and is based on the web. The way to share the work is very practical is done through a link that is generated on the same platform.

What do you dislike?

It is necessary to improve the edge of the bubble to have more ease of movement and not waste time in the creation of the diagram.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make use of the tool in its paid version, it is not expensive and they offer you a discount if the plan is annual, but in the same way you have the option to pay it month by month and it is still accessible

The flow diagrams that I use to make adaptations to the equipment are usually made on this platform and I share them with the work team to wait for improvement suggestions.

EMPRENDEDORA INDEPENDIENTE
(Myself Only)

"A FRIENDLY AND ENJOYABLE ALTERNATIVE TO DRAWING MIND MAPS "

What do you like best?

For a long while, I've seen that I remember better when I draw mind maps. After a long journey searching for the best online mind mapping software, I came across Bubble and I loved it. I love bubble because it makes it possible for me to make an elaborate mind map in under five minutes. Technically, the only thing to do is by adding a central point in your mind map, and then just click on the "addition" icons to start seeing new branches and "writing clouds" (and to fill them with your information). I've been doing this to "jot down" some processes and commentaries I receive from clients, and it has made my job easier.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion, I can think that I dislike the lack of options and shapes in which you can see the "writing clouds" (for me, these "writing clouds" are the spaces where you type up the information with which you fill out the map). I personally think that it would be superb to get to choose from a wide array of forms (semi-circles, triangles, cilinders, and so on), and it would be even better to allow the user to draw and save their own personalized shapes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In my humble opinion, Bubble is the fastest an easiest software to make mind maps. If you try it, you'll see what I mean.

Bubble makes it possible for me to quickly type up, in the form of a mind map" anything regarding my job. For example, I can use these mind maps to type up some modifications my clients want, and I can even use these mind maps to help me improve my work process.

Negocio Propio
E-Learning

"This is the easiest mind mapping software I've encountered"

What do you like best?

This mind mapping software is a little wonder. Before, it used to take me centuries to finish a mind map: I had to draw the "containers", then type up the mind map information, and then fill it with color. Now I can do this in a fraction of the time with Bubble. Actually, after I log into my account, I just need to press the "plus" sign to start a new "container" then add the proper text inside it, and finally select a color to fill my container. After this, I just have to tell the software where I want the next container to be, and repeat the process. Because of this easiness of use, Bubble has become my favorite tool when I need to make mind maps.

What do you dislike?

Even though I hate to say this, I'll have to say it. The one thing I don't like about Bubble is that although is very easy to use and the outcomes are impressive, I can't see an option to change the color and size of the branches that appear when I connect containers I usually like to give a certain degree of "importance" to the mind map containers by making the branches thicker where things are most important, and I cannot customize this for this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Bubble is a great tool for making mind maps in a few minutes. If you're a heavy user of mind maps, you'll find this tool very useful.

I get a great benefit from Bubble, I can learn faster and more efficiently when I use it, and this translates into better services for my clients. Also, I can use Bubble to make charts that help me organize many types of my business (even procedures and clients' interests).

Senior Advisor | New Media Technologies and News Development & Integration
Information Services

"The mind is a fun thing..."

What do you like best?

Bubbl.us is clean and clear from the beginning of using it. And when you are working with two of three additional folks... this simple and intuitive approach to mind-mapping is greatly appreciated by the entire team... the learning curve is nearly instant... love this fact!

What do you dislike?

While they have a free account - which is fantastic and I wish more companies would do this, the monthly cost is sort of hard to justify unless you use it all of the time. We do not... and the free account is perfect. The issue is that it is a subscription service and if the excitement does not remain within the working group then the subscription is not renewed. A single payment with "updates" is the better business model.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the free trial... but think hard about the annual contract - it will break the bank but if you're not using it all of the time... its value might not be there. But if you do use this sort of "process"... these folks are great!

"Content creation" issues are always arising and this mind-mapping process actually smooths the process of content development out and allows several folks to view the "larger picture". The mind-mapping process has reduced a typical 360/VR content project by some three to five hours of planning... and time is money!

Photographic Conservation

"It is very user friendly and helps in formulating ideas quickly."

What do you like best?

I am able to work quickly with groups and change the colors of the bubbles. Sharing is easy and the layout is logical. I like that shortcuts appear as I work so it can go faster. I also enjoy that the interface is familiar and similar to Google Docs as I use that during my workflow when working with this product.I also appreciate the presentation mode, as it gives me an opportunity to be more professional.

What do you dislike?

As a designer I do not find the layout itself as appealing as it could be. I am not able to change shapes of the bubbles for even quicker viewing, only the color (some coworkers I've worked with are color blind).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A simple way to share ideas and come up with solutions either independently or as a group.

It works well with students as a teacher and coming together with other designers. I am also able to share my brainstorming easily and collaborate with others online. A challenge I previously faced was collaborating on ideas in group projects or remotely. I find this is especially useful as well to young students, but may not be as useful to the Baby Boomers. That said, the interface is simple enough that it's fairly easy to understand. It may be even simpler if there was a short introductory when first using the site as is common for many sites I've used before.

Senior Designer
(10,001+ employees)

"Great Mindmapping Tool"

What do you like best?

Bubbl.us is super easy to use and the option of having 3 free maps to start is more than enough to meet my needs.

What do you dislike?

The design of the graphs does not look sophisticated. This is a tool for thinking, not for designing. Why can't it be both?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a good tool to introduce yourself to mind mapping tools. There are others out there that are more sophisticated or allow more complex diagrams but that can be overkill. Bubbl.us is great for starters and once you get the hang of mind mapping with the tool, you can move on to more advanced solutions or even start creating your own from scratch. The fact that you can use it on mobile is another huge plus - so its possible to quickly jot down ideas and map them out on the go!

Quickly mapping out ideas and finding points of friction early on in the product design/ideation phase.

Claudia Klees
(5001-10,000 employees)

"An Easy to Use Browser Mind Map Tool"

What do you like best?

- Super convenient and easy to use

- efficient keyboard shortcuts that help focus on work not on the 'how do I do'?

- automatic color coding

- fast

- makes pretty mind maps

- stores mind maps on their servers for years

- Mind Maps are exportable

What do you dislike?

- No offline Application Available. Even a Desktop App to sign in (like Figma has) would be enough to make me happy, that way I don't get distracted by the browser.

- Web Design looks out of date before you actually get to the application.

- For some reason I really don't like the logo. It's better than that of various open source or free software, sure, but I just can't get over that stretched B.

- Needs login

- Sometimes, the bubbles crowd too close to each other and become unruly, so I have to manually fix it up again. Not sure how this can be solved, though.

The Name. It makes no sense to corrupt the word 'bubble' and put an 'us' behind it. Though I like that the URL name is also the branding name (referring to *.us)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Well, try it! There's nothing better I can recommend. Do note that it sometimes works iffy on some browsers, and don't get scared by the old landing page.

For the company I recommend actually making a Desktop Application available (even if it's just a browser wrap), or a way for me to access it on Mobile. It is definitely not happy working with mobile.

- Collaborative Mind Mapping

- Quick Digital Mind Mapping that is way faster than any other application in execution. The User Experience is well done. It is almost as fast as on paper.

- Exporting Mind Maps

- Working on Mind Maps elsewhere

- Mind Maps look pretty, so showing it to coworkers and clients looks more polished than my scribbles.

- I have actually used this application for Site Maps, too. Works great.

Dibujante Técnico

"Mental and conceptual map distinguished by its quality. "

What do you like best?

A clean and modern tool to work in a professional manner, the elements that make it up are intuitive, in other words, easy to use. The way to share the work is very simple since the tool instantly generates a link product of the work done and finished.

What do you dislike?

The program lacks directional arrows to work better on the canvas and be more precise in the location of the bubbles.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Full recommended.

The creation of diagrams and mental maps that are the bases to begin to outline my work. I have been able to present works with a marked quality to my boss.

"Bubbl.us: A simple tool for making mind maps"

What do you like best?

Definitely, Bubbl.us is the simplest way to make mind maps. I like this tool because:

- It runs entirely online.

- It allows making a colorful mind maps in minutes.

- It allows rearraging the map using different layouts with a single click.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, this simplicity can turn into ineffectiveness if you wish making a more complex map.

I do not like:

- Bubbl.us cannot work with images, so, you cannot make graphical maps, like other tools allow (for example, draw.io)

- You cannot add elements external to the map, like images or other texts.

- There is no support for exporting in vector formats (svg, eps...)

- The price is very high for a tool so simple ($4.91/month)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I suggest other more powerful tools like draw.io or smartdraw.

I have been using this tool when I needed making a mind map quickly.

My students also used this tool with the same aim.

Cocinero principal

"This is one of the best ways to plan a business in your brand before doing marketing!"

What do you like best?

I was searching the internet for the best way to do a sketch of a business that i had planned for a while to pose to my partners in a very easy and dynamic way, Bubble.us helped me a lot with that because it has a very useful tools that every web designer need to had, to create a web page concept, it is necessary the idea of those who accompany you, to exemplify that Bubbl.us has the option to create mind maps, you can have realtime collaboration with your partners and let them make a little changes to it, you can also check the history to see who has collaborated in the project, and that is great because everyone's opinion counts!

What do you dislike?

the only fact that i do not like, is that you can not change the colors of the bubbles you want, also in the selection mode i think they need to do a undo button, it will be awesome!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great platform to do better ways of marketing considering the competition that we have these days, I would totally recommend Bubbl.us to all internet, it's amazing!

the benefit that i have obtained is a better way to present my colleagues with better business opportunities without affecting the website or the meeting table to present something unpresentable, it is a better way to present it by Bubbl.us, that is why i wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Diseñador gráfico
Internet

"SIMPLE BUT VERY GOOD BUBBL"

What do you like best?

i like it simplicity, bubbl have very easy tools for make a quick job,i can see my work in presentation mode and i can save or share my diagrams or print directly from the web page

What do you dislike?

the tools are very basic for free users, but is not a big problem, bubbl is very good

Recommendations to others considering the product:

i reccomend bubbl, is very good, it have simple tools, but is efficient for quick jobs

i make diagrams for the company i work to, diagrams are very useful for keep order in my tasks.

Chief Executive Officer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
(Myself Only)

"Bubbl.us is a quick and easy way to create mind maps in your web browser"

What do you like best?

Bubbl.us is a quick and easy way for me to make mind maps of ideas I'm trying to express. Making and customising the bubbles are easy and they give you a huge white space so that you can map a lot of content.

What do you dislike?

I find the visuals a little twitchy when I zoom in and out of the bubble map which isn't pleasant on my eyes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are many mind mapping software products out there, however, Bubbl.us as a nice free tier and works in the web browser.

Bubbl.us is very useful when I have an idea on my mind but I can't quite put it into words. I just start creating and connecting bubbles and eventually I can see the patterns.

Ingeniero de sistemas

"Bubbles for all yourIdea!!"

What do you like best?

It's a really fun way to bring to life all your ideas as a developer and that serves you as a blueprint to your application or database, you dont even need to use the mouse, or install anything, the handfull shortcuts and web applications makes it easier to work anywhere and anytime you want,

Your start with a doble click, and just tab to made another module or ctrl+enter and make a child of that module, that way you can keep up with your brainstorm! No idea will be left behind!

Also you have a LOT, A LOT of space thanks to the resize feature that can ajust the size of your bubbles so you can acomodate as many as you want, so you don't have to worry about runout of space, and you add files a images.

You can use the free version if you just need a few diagrams at a time, and upgrade if you need more.

What do you dislike?

I can be annoying when you need to move a group of bubbles, because you need to click the select button, then select the bubbles one by one, and that can make you lose some time.

Because all the actions are made with the left click, sometimes when you want to move around the bubbles you activate the bubble's menu, that can be annoying as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

my only recomendation so far is upgrade the select feature and make the bubbles menu less close to the bubble, sometimes i can't see what i was writen i waste time having to move the bubble or resize.

right now im developing a online store and bubbl.us allow me to visualize the Database structure that i have in my mind, see what works, where the relations must be and what tables i need to separate for better normalization. also it helps me when i take the database structure to the laravel Framework, because i can use the verbosity that is use in the framework, that way i can reduce the time i need in development and start thinking in features for my app

Owner
Graphic Design

"Bubbl.us is a useful mind mapping app"

What do you like best?

I like that it a web based program that i can run on any operating system. it is very fast, lots of space to make the bubbles and I can easily move around the screen with CAD like mouse button presses.

What do you dislike?

The UI can be difficult to use at times and objects can overlay each other and make it difficult to click on them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend that you try it out as it is free. However make sure you pay attention to the keyboard shortcuts it requires.

Bubbl.us is very handy for creating mind maps of ideas that I am exploring or items that I need to memorise.

"Bubbl.us is a quick and simple way to make mind maps"

What do you like best?

Bubbl.us is a great web application that allows you to create a simple mind map quickly and easily. It automatically spaces each of the bubbles (while also allowing for easy manipulation of the layout) and assigns different colours to each tier.

What do you dislike?

Bubbl.us is a simple web application that does what it is supposed to do. The only problem I can find with it is that there is no offline version - so you require an internet connection to use it

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Bubbl.us is a good and quick way to build a simple mind map.

Bubbl.us is really useful when it comes to brainstorming quick ideas for projects that we are work on. This is useful in a business like ours because it allows you to lay features of a board out graphically and pick up potential problems at an early stage.

Instructional Designer
E-Learning

"Great for education "

What do you like best?

Easy to use and share with team or ground assignment.

What do you dislike?

I am not sure it is accessible for a screen reader.

Use for students assignment for summarizing ideas and developing a concept.

Computer Lab Specialist
(10,001+ employees)

"I use Bubbl.us in my computer lab classroom."

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy for elementary students to use.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about Bubbl.us at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Bubbl.us is a great tool to use with elementary students.

My students are able to create graphic organizers. The students are able to organize information after reading about a topic.

"Mindmaps for brainstorming"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using bubbl.us for the brainstorming process in any creative development, from a news piece to a design prototype or even for my own thoughts! I would recommend to anyone

What do you dislike?

I don't think the design is great, but it is functional and does its job.

Collecting ideas in a visual plane, sometimes people are more creative when using diagrams than if you just give them a piece of paper

UE

"Bubbl.us is free and easy to use."

What do you like best?

As mentioned in the title, it's free and easy to use. I've created mutliple mindmaps with this product and it's easy enough for anyone to adopt.

What do you dislike?

I'd prefer to be able to use this product as a way to take notes and maybe have a side-navigation bar to allow me to go back and view previous maps easily. A chrome app would be great or a computer app.

Organizing thoughts is what I personally use it for the most but it's also helpful in brainstorming sessions with my team. One of our team members purchased the Mindware app but I'd rather use free.

UE

"quick and easy to make good looking mindmaps"

What do you like best?

Bubbl.us is intuitive to use and has allowed me to create attractive mindmaps which are suitable for use in reports and presentations.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit time consuming to build up the diagram and to get it looking exactly right.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Other mindmap applications are available, some are simpler to use, but Bubbl us does allow creation of visually attractive diagrams

Bubbl.us allows ideas to be represented visually which is ideal when describing complex ideas to others. I have used it to create impressive looking presentations.

CM

"Interesting Experiment"

What do you like best?

I liked being able to pull from templates and make live changes

What do you dislike?

Styling was limited and UI was confusing to use

I haven't really used this beyond experimentation for quick web interfaces.

"Bubblus review"

What do you like best?

Allows to present big ideas and how they relate to each other

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a bit complicated when sharing

Hierarchy felations

8.3
Ease of Setup
Average: 9.1*
* Mind Mapping Category
Do you work for Bubbl.us?

Bubbl.us Categories on G2