Definitely, Bubbl.us is the simplest way to make mind maps. I like this tool because:
- It runs entirely online.
- It allows making a colorful mind maps in minutes.
- It allows rearraging the map using different layouts with a single click.
Unfortunately, this simplicity can turn into ineffectiveness if you wish making a more complex map.
I do not like:
- Bubbl.us cannot work with images, so, you cannot make graphical maps, like other tools allow (for example, draw.io)
- You cannot add elements external to the map, like images or other texts.
- There is no support for exporting in vector formats (svg, eps...)
- The price is very high for a tool so simple ($4.91/month)
I suggest other more powerful tools like draw.io or smartdraw.
I have been using this tool when I needed making a mind map quickly.
My students also used this tool with the same aim.