BackAgent Reviews & Product Details

BackAgent Overview

What is BackAgent?

BackAgent is a back office intranet system with a built in transaction workflow engine.

BackAgent Details

We work with our customers to integrate and connect the services and vendors they use to build a comprehensive solution for the brokerage and the agents.

BackAgent
2007
Katy, TX

BackAgent Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the BackAgent community
Have you used BackAgent before?

BackAgent Reviews

Showing 15 BackAgent reviews
Already have BackAgent?
UR
What do you like best?

I LOVE the way it keeps me on track with a transaction and tells me what must be uploaded and WHEN. The whole process of getting the appropriate documents uploaded is so simple once you understand, and VERY useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the sections with office resources seem redundant, but that could be a clerical issue rather than a software one. It just makes it somewhat tricky remembering exactly where I saw the document I am searching for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I like it ... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Personally, the most enormous problem is that of keeping track of paperwork so that everything is collected and in a mutually "shareable" place to benefit all parties. Without it, I would need to hire an organized person! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

The interface is good, and it lets you know at a glance what documents are needed for a specific phase of the deal Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to allow more questions at the beginning of the transaction to be defined by the user. We have several questions that will allow their good If Then logic to be better suited to our company needs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Backagent makes it easy for all agents to maintain their files based on the definition of your brokerage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Backagent is our electronic filing system for all documents that are required by the state in our real estate business. It facilitates online gathering and backup of all our files. The benefit is that we do not need hard copies of any of the documents Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I checked out a lof of systems and the demo for BackAgent was far and above the best and the market leader. I just signed my contract and I'm excited to get going! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'll let you know, but so far I'm just excited to get rolling. It looks so much better than the competition Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm already less stressed because I won't have to hand enter all this information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Real Estate Agent
Real Estate
What do you like best?

BackAgent has really streamlined my real estate transactions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far, I haven’t had any issues with BackAgent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to keep all my transactions organized and my broker is able to oversee them as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President / Broker
Real Estate
What do you like best?

The ability to have one program that handles all my needs on the back office side of the real estate transaction. Met them at NAR in May 2016 and was on board with them before I even left the front door and they have not dissapointed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In an effort to offer everything they don't do some of the anscillary services as well. For example we are using them to host email to make it easier for agents. We are having some issues and going through the customer support has taken longer than I'd have liked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an amazing back-office software. It may not be the one-stop shop that some are looking for however the company admits freely that it isn't designed to be a one-stop shop. Has added products at request of users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am a small brokerage of about 3 agents. So selling is the most important thing I do on a daily basis. This allows me to be legal and know that my agents -- and myself - are held accountable on a daily basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Ryan A. Missman of BackAgent

Howdy Toby,

We have been impressed by how quickly y'all have adopted the system and got up and running. We will be sure and follow up on the issues you have stated about email hosting.

As a pro tip, you might try out the auto-set due dates for checklist items on each transaction. Being able to know a specific due date instead of 5 days before closing is a lot easier to recall and it automatically shows up on your calendar and connected devices.

Contact us for more info, we're here to help!

Licensed Residential Real Estate Specialist
Real Estate
What do you like best?

That I finally found it in the maze of websites I have to get to know as a Keller Williams agent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This particular website is the slowest one I use and the Navigation is from 2006 instead of 2016. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sometimes its just better to wait until the right product finally makes it to market.

If you're in a hurry and you want something really bad, that's usually what you end up with Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I just wanted my account information. Figured it was somewhere on BackAgent. I searched and searched and found this link http://backagent-insights.blogspot.com/2016/07/manage-member-plans-commission-plans.html . So, I sent support an email asking where I could find the link to "profile" then "account". Response was instant! They said they didn't know. :- (

All they had to tell me was to click my name.

There's just nothing like wasting 20 minutes trying to find something obvious on a website to energize another 10 minutes to write a review. (a review, which by the way took 5 clicks to get to) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Ryan A. Missman of BackAgent

Howdy Kenneth,

We've got some great news for you, we are working to release a greatly updated navigation and overall appearance to the system before the NAR Convention this year. We have also made substantial performance updates over the past couple of months to ensure pages load quickly and reliably. If you are still seeing an issue, please be sure and let our support team know.

As for the membership plans, we can appreciate the confusion yet there is a solution here; your office staff can contact us and setup the commission plans for your Market Center. For most MCs, the answer to your question about commission plans is to contact the local staff because it is not available in our default deployment for KW. Good news is your MC has already upgraded their MC Intranet to include expanded document storage, banner management, and our full system which includes transaction management. If you'd like to see our full system that can be rolled out by your MC, please give us a call or visit our website to signup for an upcoming webinar.

We very much appreciate your review Kenneth. Please let us know if you have any questions. We're here to help!

Real Estate Broker/Owner
Real Estate
What do you like best?

After trying other types of back office or transaction management software. I came across Back Agent. I REALLY like it. As a Risk Adverse Broker, I look for excellent tools to better assist agents in transactions. Back Agent is very easy to use, intuitive, great training videos, and agents love it.

The Back Agent Support Service is the best I have seen. I feel like they are just waiting by the phone to answer my call. no matter what my question is, the service is knowledgeable and provide quick solutions to my inquiries.

I highly recommend this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That I used something else for so long before finding this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

try it, watch the videos, see how simple it really is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking transaction documents, review and approval of documents, retention of documents, This software really solved my concerns Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Agent Services
Real Estate
What do you like best?

BackAgent has made our lives much simpler but the Help Desk has always been a source of contention, until now. Corey has made our interaction with the Help Desk so much better! He really is top-notch and so professional. He reads our ticket emails thoroughly and then responds with an educated answer that is, more times than not, exactly what we needed.

Danna Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I truly dislike it when we email the help desk and they respond with a dismissive answer that doesn't begin to address the issue.

Also, when we ask for something to happen and are told it can't happen, when we already know it can, we just have to ask the right person. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Better customer service for our agents. Solving their closing issues in mere moments rather than hours or even days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Broker/Owner
Real Estate
What do you like best?

I'm not sure there is a "best part" of Back Agent. It is so very well thought out. It does exactly as described. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I like all there is about Back Agent. It has help me tremendously to better track my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Back Agent has totally solved my transaction Management problem. I can review transactions instantly wherever I am. I can discover issues instantly and help Agent correct the issues versus finding out later.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Realtor
Real Estate
What do you like best?

how simple everything is. back agent vs. Keller Williams intranet is a 10 by far, it's always easy to use uploading files, and I love it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to import my contacts, since there are over 3000 I would prefer not to have to add one at a time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am working on adding zip forms and esignatures, I currently use dotloop and would prefer to go to one place, such as here, to do all my real estate business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Ryan A. Missman of BackAgent

Good news, there is an option to import your contacts at the bottom of the 'My Contacts' page. Be sure to contact our support team if you need any assistance formatting the import files.

As for zipForms and esignatures, we have integrations with zipForm Plus embedded to create the forms and integrations with Digital Ink, Hellosign, & Docusign for digital signatures. Dotloop has recently announced a new system that may enable us to interconnect our systems as well, we have reached out to them for more information.

If you have any questions, be sure to contact our support team or hit us up on social media. We're here to help!

CIO
Computer Hardware
What do you like best?

good quality software simple to learn and use for day to day task a must have for our office I use it every day and like it as software is very good I like it as a good helper or good daily assistant Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing to dislike everything is good, I like it good software for day to day use I use it every day Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

good software I like it and use it everyday Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

improves end result good software I like it and use it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Multifunctional, multiple features to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interface seems too crowded. Takes time to get used to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to train your employees on the main features before implementing. Good comprehensive software otherwise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Contact management, communication with the brokerage. Keeping track of my earnings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

District Director
Real Estate
What do you like best?

Consistency of requirements with built in enforcement of document requirements. It is one place that my agents and I can go to make sure that we are covering our document and retention requirements BEFORE paying CDAs. It makes it very easy to communicate with the agents and to keep in touch about paperwork issues and needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The calendar function is missing some needed tools. For example, when I post an event and agents register, I would like to be able to send out one email to the entire registration list. Also, some of the reporting is clumsy, the data is there, it is just a nightmare to dig through the reporting section and try and determine which reports that i need. Would be a nice feature if I could have a favorites selection of set reports. Maybe even some customizable reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Really need more effort on the Android app. Calendar needs beefing up as mentioned. Would be nice if the system gave us a way to send invoices for leases. It will print them, but It would be great if we could just send like we do CDAs. Also, the process to cancel a transaction is very awkward and most agents just do not do it so we have to. Do not know if there is anything that can be done to smooth that out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Again, minimizing legal exposure due to lack of mandatory documents and retention. Less cost for paper and storage. Rapid payment to agents (morale) One place to communicate about policy issues Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Licensed Real Estate Professional
Real Estate
What do you like best?

Pretty easy to just sign in and go. Doesn't take long to get used to software at all. Easy to go back and adjust deals. Direct link to MLS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I didn't have to contact the support team to adjust what information was required to turn in deals. Everyone wants different information with their deals, and it would be great if our team could adjust what we require from our agents. Also, we would like the ability to tailor the "reports" that back agent gives to suit our company. For example, we don't want the report to spit out information about when a deal is completely closed out or "filed" the more important statistic for our company is tracking when deals are "submitted" as we do a lot of rentals as opposed to just sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you need it for the correct purposes. Its not a CRM, its transaction management and deal tracking. The office tools might be helpful to a larger office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a record keeping and compliance system, as well as a reasonable way to track our agent's deals. Primarily, we use backagent for transaction management and record keeping. Our office is small, so some of the office tools are unnecessary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

I love that it keeps tabs on the required documents for each transaction, and I can load all the documents at once and then split the file between the different documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really comes to mind, it would be great to sync contact from my phone to the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very user friendly and straightforward Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ease of accessing old files and records is a big benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.