AppSignal Reviews & Product Details

AppSignal Overview

What is AppSignal?

AppSignal is a real-time APM provider for Ruby, Rails, Elixir & Phoenix. AppSignal offers insights into errors and performance issues, plus host monitoring and an easy-to-use custom metrics platform.

AppSignal Details

AppSignal Screenshots

AppSignal Reviews

Showing 10 AppSignal reviews
Already have AppSignal?
What do you like best?

Adding AppSignal to our app has been crucial in getting it to scale to the level we grew to at the end of the Covid19 lockdown. Because we had to add reservations and checkins/-outs our traffic would increase at least 10-fold. With the help of error logs in AppSignal and detailed graphs of the performance of various parts of our app we were able to remove bottlenecks and end up with a reliable service.

Next to this a couple of things where AppSignal stands out:

- second to none support. It's their developers themselves show are quickly and clearly answering any questions you may have. It's hard to overstate how nice this is

- great documentation

- friendly, speedy and beautiful user interface Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I'm missing at the moment is a (free) plan to use AppSignal on open source / hobby projects that don't make money. Can't blame AppSignal for this, but it would be nice to have this option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main benefits:

- being able to quickly analyse and fix errors in production

- find performance bottlenecks

- graphs to show decreasing performance over time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

AppSignal is very easy to add to your Ruby on Rails applications and out-of-the-box it provides many meaningful metrics both for web requests as well as background jobs. Later we also added several custom events specific to our application and it was quite easy. We also like that it supports JRuby which we use (as some monitoring tools only support MRI implementation of Ruby).

Previously we used New Relic and comparing to that AppSignal was easier to use as well as the AppSignal pricing model is much better compared to New Relic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far we have not had any problems with the service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As it is very easy to add to your Ruby on Rails application then start a trial and see if it provides valuable information out-of-the-box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are monitoring the overall throughput of our application (to identify any strange behavior). We have used it to profile specific web requests and improve performance of them (we noticed several slow actions that we didn't know previously). We log unexpected errors and AppSignal provides good way to see individual cases of these errors with corresponding stack traces. It helps to quickly identify if there are any unexpected errors after each deployment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

AppSignal has a lot of options for customizing the data captured but it captures a lot of useful info 'out of the box' too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything. There are some minor 'missing' features available in similar solutions tho. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AppSignal lets us trace the performance of requests, monitor basic host metrics and our app's runtime environment, and greatly helps us prioritize performance improvements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Innovator
What do you like best?

Besides the inherent value they provide, I just want to share a quick scenario.

We hired a developer that signed us up for all of these Softwares over a year ago and I thought I had canceled all of them but this past year has been a crazy journey (like I sure so many can relate) and I didn't realize we had not canceled with AppSignal.

I'm embarrassed to say that I had only recently due to Taxes and COVID taken the time to catch up on balancing our CC transactions... then realized, after asking the team about AppSignal that no one was using it... Anyways, I reached out to AppSignal and explained our scenario and how we hadn't been using the service for quite some time and Stefan decided to respond and said:

"Hi George,

that sucks! As if these times aren't hard enough!

It looks like you have monitoring requests with us almost until the end of last year.

To help you out in these hard times, I have refunded the last 6 month of your subscription.

(These will show up in a few days after they are processed by your credit card company).

I hope you will stay healthy and bounce back after all this. Thanks for being a customer.

Stefan."

Thought I would share since not many companies I've had such a great experience with... GoDaddy HA Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was nice when we did use it for a short time to get notifications that things were off and I could reach out to the developer and see what the status was. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to keep up with all of your code and be alerted right away when things need attention. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder
What do you like best?

We like their pricing. The customer support is very responsive and helpful. Appsignal keeps improving. Previously we have used NewRelic but found AppSignal to be a better match from a cost/value perspective. I would recommend this to anyone who needs performance monitoring. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Everything works as expected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Performance monitoring. Improving speed of our app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co Founder
What do you like best?

Fair pricing models, complete set of tools to diagnose, get insights and act on performance pain points and error logging.

It's a must in my projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to complain, really. Covers all aspects of the development cycle with a very good support team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to get performance insights in a detailed and accurate manner plays along seamlessly with pretty much any application I've worked with so far.

Custom instrumentation is key for deeper diving. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

DevOps
What do you like best?

We use AppSignal for APM monitoring. Other apps could do this, but AppSignal has a great balance between features and pricing. Another important feature for us is the great compatibility with Ruby and Elixir languages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, we have more than enough with AppSignal for our purposes. We are really happy with this application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used AppSignal to monitor our apps to find performance issues. We found some of these very annoying issues using AppSignal.

Another important feature to us is the integration with containers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Fair pricing, kind pricing policies, good developer experience. I use it for monitoring an Elixir and React application as well as for a Rails project. It just works, without having to jump through any hoops. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I tried to delete an old application multiple times, but it re-appears without any data in it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use AppSignal for performance and error monitoring. I successfully found several bottlenecks and countless of bugs due to AppSignal. 👍 Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The support for AppSignal is outstanding. We had some issues with our apps consuming to many requests, and the helped us reduce that number significantly. Also their interface is easy to use and the guides they provide are very useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although they do have front end support, they do not have nodejs support, which would be very welcome! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

it makes debuggining in a highly distributed stack much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder & CTO
What do you like best?

I like the seamless flow of the product and how easy it is to integrate. The pricing is just incomparable to other products in the market. Their support is one of the best, very kind and helpful people on the team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything I dislike strongly about AppSignal. But the realtime nature of the product could be improved a bit, would be great to see new errors popping up without having to refresh. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for alternatives for old traditional tools like NewRelic, AppSignal is more than what you could ask for. Great product with a great pricing model. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Application performance and error monitoring Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.