Appodeal

4.8

Appodeal’s supply-side platform is designed and built by veteran publishers,for publishers. Appodeal is not an ad network; it is a new approach to monetizing for publishers.

Work for Appodeal?

Learning about Appodeal?

Appodeal Reviews

Showing 11 Appodeal reviews
Appodeal review by Adrian G.
Adrian G.

"Easily the best monetization mediator by far."

What do you like best?

1. You can include whatever ad network you want when building your app and remove those that are not performing.

2. After the app is live very fine control about what ad providers and format are used based on segments and/or a number of parameters.

3. Historical weekly data on how each of the ad networks has performed across all their clients not just your impressions.

4. Great reporting, for example, you can find out what hours during the day or days of the week your ads perform the best.

5. Great support. They will respond to an e-mail within a day and usually within a few hours.

6. Good eCPM. I have tried so many monetization mediators and none has been able to consistently outperform Appodeal.

7. Free adServer for cross-promotions or any direct deals you might get. And the ability to give the company that purchased your impressions to go into the Appodeal control panel and see only the performance of their impressions.

What do you dislike?

They do a terrible job communicating all the features available. I would also love if their S2S server did not require decryption of the payload. Some game service providers do not have any crypt libraries and most S2S rely on some sort of hashed key to verify payload.

It makes it easier to calculate LTV since Appodeal already does the ARPDAU calculation.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Appodeal
Appodeal review by David  H.
David H.

"Coming Back to App Monetization"

What do you like best?

What I personally liked was how they tracked the audience and made sure the ad that was ran would leave an impression on the audience that was seeing it. Instead of wasting money putting out mediocre ads, they select the best one and monetize it on the network. They give immediate payouts and look for prime optimization of ads. They prioritize the publisher and that is the main goal.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is I feel like I have less control since they are choosing the ads. It depends how much you trust Appodeal. The website for Appodeal is also a little bit "in your face" with a lot of different options to look through. They do not give a general cost or even a sample price which is something I would like to see.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what you are looking for. If you are ok with giving the reigns to someone else for this part of your app then go with Appodeal. It will save you time and provide more revenue which can help you expand other parts of your company.

It is helping to bring in revenue that wasn't previously there. I like that it is constantly tracking the audience and I do not have to. It saves a lot of time and money when I don't run ads that people are not going to go to and when I do not have to choose the ads.

What App Monetization solution do you use?

Appodeal review by Umair W.
Umair W.

"Best Ad Mediation In The Market"

What do you like best?

The choice of different ad networks and the ability to choose what to show and what not is great.

Hassle free integration on both mobile platforms for Unity 3d

Delayed but excellent support. They help you out till your problem gets resolved.

What do you dislike?

Delays in answering the queries, even the simplest ones.

More revenue and eCPM for big impressions, not as help for beginners as it should be

Initially, I don't see much difference as they claim. Did talk to their support rep. They said you have to have a few thousand daily impressions to have the perks of Appodeal at its full scale. This is disappointing for a small startup since they don't have thousands of impressions on daily basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a Unity3D developer and looking for all-in-one place ad meditation. Appodeal is a best choice for you compared to other similar services out there.

Consistent Ad revenue for mobile platforms.

"Intelligent Ads Mediation" is a benifit

Appodeal review by Vladislav S.
Vladislav S.

"Very good ad mediation platform."

What do you like best?

Very easy to implement and stable. Their support is great and fast. We basically doubled our revenue after we implemented Appodeal.

What do you dislike?

Blackbox mediation algorithm. We don't have report how their algorithm choose ads, so we can't control what is happening. But even like that, eCPM are strong, so we don't find this as some big problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend everyone to try it and compare with other mediation platforms and see how are results. For us, Appodeal works the best, they pay in time, easy to implement, great support and strong eCPM.

We using Appodeal for monetisation through reward video ads. With Appodeal, we were able to double our ads income! This is great and their support is fast. They had some problems in past with stability, but they improved it a lot lately and we are happy with it now. We tried many mediations and it was very heavy, unstable and time consuming to implement. Only Appodeal proved to be very simple, fast with good eCPM. So far, we are most happy with Appodeal and there is no reason to change.

Appodeal review by Martin G.
Martin G.

"Good revenue, good support"

What do you like best?

- If we encounter problems, the support staff reacts fast

- as far as ad-platforms go, it's very transparent

- good revenue, good optimization possibilities

- direct campaigns are possible

- good dashboard

What do you dislike?

- it would be good if we could see each and every ad served in our game; this would allow us to disable offensive or fraudulent ads ourselves

Recommendations to others considering the product

A/'B test vs other ad mediation networks

- easy to implement lots of ad-networks

Appodeal review by Joe F.
Joe F.

"Up and coming solution for content publishers"

What do you like best?

As an Mobile app developer I love creating apps. I don't like trying to figure out how to find advertisers or determine what advertising solutions have the best track record or pay the most. That's where Appodeal steps in. They figure out that stuff so I can create apps.

What do you dislike?

As a new solution the implementation is still rough around the edges. (they haven't made it to version 1.0 yet) I've found some compatibility issues with 3rd party SDK's I use. What impresses me is the help I receive from the folks at Appodeal. Additionally I continuously receive emails from the founder himself. I cannot even name another situation that I even knew the name of the organizational head - let alone receive regular emails from him to check on my satisfaction using his product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Appodeal is a great concept. Understand this is not yet version 1.0 yet so there may be some compatibility issues. However, if you are trying to generate advertising income from your mobile app it's really nice to find a company in my corner.

So far I've found the epm (earning per thousand) I've been getting through Appodeal is about double what I've seen using Apple's iAd.

Appodeal review by Eugene K.
Eugene K.

"Great monetization service!"

What do you like best?

First of all it is great service itself. It using automatic mediation, so it works more effectively that our own waterfall. I like, that i do not need to switch off my own solution to use this one. And last but not least it is great support, they help me with integration and solve all my questions in online.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes i can see some bugs, but i must say, that appodeal release new updates very fast and all known bugs will be closed very fast.

I need good monetization for my service. Previously we are using own server-based semi-automatic waterfall, but appodeal can do it more effectively, so it helps me to make monetization better.

Appodeal review by Vasiliy V.
Vasiliy V.

"Great service and support team"

What do you like best?

Working with appodeal from may 2015. And only great impressions:

- high ecpm(about avg. 2.5$ for android);

- easy integration with troubleshooting section, where I found how to avoid "Dex 65536" problem;

- best support team;

- no need to registering on many different ad networks;

- possibility to request immediate payout(2% fee).

What do you dislike?

Bugs with 3rd party libraries. But in last update bugs going to minimum.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try appodeal if you going to monetize your mobile app with ads.

Saved time and good revenue.

Appodeal review by Alexey V.
Alexey V.

"Very great ad monetization service!"

What do you like best?

- guys are excelent to work with it is a pleasure. I know them personally;

- support 24/7;

- very flexible system of payments.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are proplems with SDK, but it is solved fairly quickly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Show your app to Pavel (CEO of AppoDeal) to get some advise.

They closed the issue of advertising monetization of mobile apps globaly. Profit has increased 3 times in comparison with the Google Admob.

Appodeal review by User

"Excellent Mediation Platform"

What do you like best?

Great optimization algorithm. One of the first platforms that supports in-app header bidding.

Support always replies within 3 hours.

Robust reporting dashboard, allows advanced filters and break down by many dimensions.

What do you dislike?

Need to add support for more ad networks and SSPs.

Does not do a great job preventing crashes in applications

Appodeal maximize our mobile advertising revenue, allows us to scale user acquisition aggressively.

Appodeal review by Alexander L.
Alexander L.

"The greatest ad team"

What do you like best?

Professionals, very short time for response, huge problem solving experience.

What do you dislike?

Some of third company libraries was buggy. We had to exclude them from projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should try Interstitial ads first

We develop mobile games, with advertisement model.

Learning about Appodeal?

* We monitor all Appodeal reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.