Amazon Comprehend

Amazon Comprehend

4.0

Amazon Comprehend is a natural language processing (NLP) service that uses machine learning to find insights and relationships in text. Amazon Comprehend identifies the language of the text; extracts key phrases, places, people, brands, or events; understands how positive or negative the text is; and automatically organizes a collection of text files by topic.

Work for Amazon Comprehend?

Learning about Amazon Comprehend?

Amazon Comprehend Reviews

Ask Amazon Comprehend a Question
Showing 17 Amazon Comprehend reviews
Amazon Comprehend review by Nahomi G.
Nahomi G.

"Great automatic learning tool for the future! "

What do you like best?

What I like most about this great tool is that it can be integrated with other great AWS software like amazon S3 and Glue, which facilitates the storage of our texts and documents for their previous analysis in Amazon Comprehend, besides this the prices are really accessible because it only charges for the amount of text analyzed, that is why Comprehend can be used by small and large companies.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to better understand what your clientele thinks about your company that likes what they offer, this software is the ideal because it is capable of analyzing texts, negativity or positivity, the feelings that express them and much more, of this way you can know what you should improve.

We use this great tool to fulfill little by little our goal of creating artificial intelligence meaningful for humanity, since by using it we can understand through the analysis of texts, documents, chat and much more what our users seek and so be able to satisfy them.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Amazon Comprehend
Amazon Comprehend review by Michael L.
Michael L.

"Quick and easy NLP"

What do you like best?

There is a very low learning curve to get started with the service, processing data is easy and the results are quite accurate from what we have seen thus far.

What do you dislike?

The management interface lacks some functionality, although it is a fairly new product, so I expect that to change over time. As of now, you cannot manually delete jobs you no longer need.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It takes almost no time to do a proof of concept as long as you have data available to process.

Analyzing user feedback submissions to compare their number ratings with the sentiment detected from the text. It has helped more accurately classify and group the feedback. This allows us to more easily and accurately prioritize system improvements.

What Natural Language Processing (NLP) solution do you use?

Amazon Comprehend review by Manish S.
Manish S.

"Awesome for NLP"

What do you like best?

The learning curve isn't steep, also data handling is simple and the outcomes are very precise. The best part is that just like every other Amazon tool, Comprehend also seamlessly integrates with all the Amazon tools like S3 buckets, which makes the overall usage very easy.

What do you dislike?

I personally didn't find any major factor to dislike this product as it does exactly what it says.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a simple and easy approach to text analysis and natural language processing then look no further. This is a really good find!

It helps in understanding the customer's perspective and also their feedbacks, this helped us in analyzing their intent and also we used it in the implementation of our sentiment analysis engine, for tweets.

Amazon Comprehend review by Agency in Sports
Agency in Sports

"Excellent for Large Companies"

What do you like best?

Customer emails, support tickets, product reviews, social media, even advertising copy represents insights into customer sentiment that can be put to work for your business. Using Amazon Comprehend we were able to reach our future customers even better. When a new competitor moved into town we had to figure out how to reach the customers better. We were able to figure out what we were doing positively in the customers' eyes and what negative things we needed to figure out.

What do you dislike?

Its interface is very simple but it works great for what I consider to be no problem since it gives it greater ease of use. Through this multiple directors were able to have control of what they were seeing! Spreading the information through the company was huge for growth!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software is ideal because it is capable of analyzing texts, negativity or positive, the feelings that express them and much more. There is only one way to know how you can or should improve and that is analyzing what the customer is saying about the company.

We kept hearing 'rumors' of what was wrong with reaching more customers. Through Amazon Comprehend we were able to fully pinpoint what we needed to adapt. Through the responses from customers we were able to gain a lot of insight.

Amazon Comprehend review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Comprehend makes NLP a piece of cake"

What do you like best?

I love AWS as a platform and what I like about Comprehend is I can integrate this quickly with any other AWS managed services. I have used AWS Comprehend in the past for multiple projects and found the services to be reliably accurate and scalable.

This service offers sentiment analysis, text understanding, entity recognition without the need for building a model, by just accessing an API. In terms of pricing, you only pay by the text analyzed and there is no need to run a server and scale it up when needed, all is done by AWS behind the scenes.

There is really less learning curve for this service and at most 10 mins are needed to start with the usage.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple of things:

1. The models are generic, so if you are working with data that is very specific, the results would not be encouraging. In this regard, I would suggest using a custom built model and deploy using AWS Sagemaker.

2. The models are pretty basic and don't have all. There are only 4-5 use cases against which this service can be used. If you need more, you'd have build them yourselves and then deploy them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would suggest to try it out at least once before moving to your custom model. This would save a lot of headache in the beginning.

I was building a product that required me to use basic NLP without the need to build any models since I didn't have any data. Comprehend helped me scale the product and get it upto speed without gathering any data and building any model.

Amazon Comprehend review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Very Useful software for Analysis"

What do you like best?

This is new territory for Amazon, but they have delivered. The tool is built very carefully and the algorithms used are pretty much accurate when it comes to analysis of the text, mail, document. It has made us more aware of the sentiment of the customers writing that particular text and based on that we have started to make improvements wherever necessary.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike but it has to keep upgrading and updating if it has to stay in competition with the market leaders in this field.

It has greatly helped us to understand our customer feedback much better. Now we are making use of this tool more and more in other teams as well to understand the issues and concerns faced and eradicate them.

Amazon Comprehend review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Review"

What do you like best?

I really liked the simple api for nodejs. Additionally, the integration of python api is also very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I currently dislike. The api support is very generous so all the fullstack development can be done. Additionally, the fact that it supports python, one of the more popular languages, is very good.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to implement for sentiment analysis for text paragraphs, such as product reviews

Analyze customer product reviews and determine whether it is positive or negative

Amazon Comprehend review by User

"Amazon Comprehend is Awesome!"

What do you like best?

The portfolio of services offered under Amazon Comprehend--from Medical to Natural Language Processing is one of the best examples of machine learning I've yet seen in the world of Business Intelligence. Truly remarkable!

What do you dislike?

I've yet to discover anything that I dislike about Amazon Comprehend. It really is an extraordinary piece of software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think Amazon Comprehend machine learning software will only continue to improve as the technology improves--but it's already well on its way!

I have been able to use Amazon Comprehend Natural Language Processing to discern "customer sentiment" within huge swathes of texts, such as customer emails, support tickets, product reviews, social media, and even advertising copy, that I couldn't possibly have begun to evaluate without the technology.

Amazon Comprehend review by Nikhil T.
Nikhil T.

"AWS is really helping our team"

What do you like best?

AWS is one of the best solutions for migrating the website on cloud. After implementing AWS our website speed has increased multiple folds and its opening very fast in different locations like US, Canada and India. AWS is highly recommended.

What do you dislike?

After using iot for the first one year, its difficult to estimate montly cost for AWS

1. Fast speed

2. No or very less latency

3. Free 1 year useage

Amazon Comprehend review by Amy (Anderson) S.
Amy (Anderson) S.

"No Heavy Lifting Needed! "

What do you like best?

The fact that I can define the list of entities and then expose the list and Comprehend does all the heavy lifting for me.

What do you dislike?

Up until recently, there was very little customization that could be done which limited the full functionality of Comprehend.

It allows the defined list on entities to be grouped and organized all my documents in one place.

Amazon Comprehend review by Seth M. S.
Seth M. S.

"Amazon Comrepehend helps find meaning in text in a new way"

What do you like best?

I've appreciated the creativity that Amazon provides for completing business in a new way.

What do you dislike?

I've disliked that it can take some time to get this product set-up.

This has helped us to think about meaning and purpose from e-mails in a different way.

Amazon Comprehend review by User in Cosmetics
User in Cosmetics

"Amazon Comprehend"

What do you like best?

Amazingly fast at learning and navigating through system. Helped keep details organized for future use

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Was easy to navigate through.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Saves a lot of time on the upload and processing details for having office staff. keeps people in front of people more than behind a desk

Keeps time down to a minimum on the actual work. Compiles all details/data for use. Makes time dedicated forward towards the client

Amazon Comprehend review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Focus human in the loop to pertinent translation needs"

What do you like best?

The ability to recognize multiple languages and to accurately translate without a human in the loop.

What do you dislike?

There can be challenges in accurate assessment of language when multiple languages are simliar

Recommendations to others considering the product:

prototype and assess applicability to your problem set will be highly beneficial.

Doing a prototype to assess potential of redoing 100% human language translation into a model of focusing human translators to only the uncertain/most difficult translation needs.

Amazon Comprehend review by User in Cosmetics
User in Cosmetics

"Amazon softwear"

What do you like best?

that you can find similar wording in your document or a like theme.

What do you dislike?

it was very basic something that I could do on my own. I did not find anything. Special about it

Recommendations to others considering the product:

i have no recomendation since i am not a current user

it did not real solve any problem or a need that I had

Amazon Comprehend review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Great automatic learning tool"

What do you like best?

What I like about it is it’s a great tool is that it can be intergrated with other great software

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing to say about this. It works amazing. It’s so easy

We used this product to fulfill little our weekly goals

Amazon Comprehend review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Quality product "

What do you like best?

I thought it was very easy to get this set up. I especially liked the gui

What do you dislike?

Maybe if could have been a little more affordable

Just connecting with customers

Amazon Comprehend review by User

"Amazing "

What do you like best?

Amazing software really enjoyed it. I love amazon anyway so it was perfect for me

What do you dislike?

There was not much I dislike can’t wait for more

N/a

Learn more about Amazon Comprehend

Amazon Comprehend Videos

Learning about Amazon Comprehend?

* We monitor all Amazon Comprehend reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.