MDaemon Email Server

MDaemon Email Server

4.7

Email server software for Windows.

Work for MDaemon Email Server?

Learning about MDaemon Email Server?

Categories

MDaemon Email Server Reviews

Ask MDaemon Email Server a Question
Showing 70 MDaemon Email Server reviews
Roland B.

"Reliable / easy to manage / flexible"

What do you like best?

We use Mdaemon now sind nearly 15years, it is a reliable and secure way of exchanging information. In normal business you can call it a "fire and forget" software. It causes very less work and money for running the server and it´s kept up-to-date very fast by providing patches on short time if needed.

We use it with the famous Outlook-connector, enjoying a huge amount of workablilty and avoiding more expensive Microsoft Exchange-Products.

There might be cheaper solutions - but we could not afford the risk to renounce "our" Mdaemon.

It also protects our company against threats like Malware or other attacks from outside using the sophisticated security functions.

What do you dislike?

That the active-sync function is not integrated into the MdaemonPro, so we have to buy this as upgrade.

Complete integration of all Com-tasks like Email, Calender-sharing, external clients like smartphone-integration and security/protection. Integration of other domain for connected company.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about MDaemon Email Server
Stephan D.

"Mdaemon from a business users perspective"

What do you like best?

My company has been using Mdaemon server for a number of years. I am the IT person and company owner and I appreciate that Mdaemon is extremely powerful allowing you to control many aspects of how incoming and outgoing mail is handled. While it is very powerful it is also relatively simple to use and tech support and the user community is readily available when you need them.

At the time I evaluated Mdaemon it was pretty much the only email server other than MS Exchange which also had a component to work with MS Outlook. The Mdaemon Connector software which interfaces with outlook has evolved over the years and I particularly like how I am able to create public folders and contact lists that are shared with other users allowing us to have centralized email folders and contact lists. Content filters and IMAP rules further allow you to customize how emails meant for an entire department or team are handled and placed in the proper folders.

What do you dislike?

Mastering all tbe aspects of Mdaemon could take a lot of time and require a certain degree of understanding of email protocols that some business people who are not IT savvy might find challenging. For the most part I can leave settings I dont fully understand in their default positions though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very powerful email server.. I cannot imagine it not being able to do something one would want it to do. Very affordable and vrey frequently updated with fixed and new features.

Primarily I use public folders to share incoming emails with the departments they are meant for. This allows us to have common folders and everyone can see what has come in and who is handling incoming requests. IMAP rules further allow me to customize my teams experience.

What Email solution do you use?

Dmitrij J.

"Totally satisfied with this product"

What do you like best?

First of all its very cheap to run mdeamon server on premises. If you buy yearly subscriptions one mailbox will cost you 0.5 $ per mailbox per month. However you are not required to buy early subscription. You can buy one license for one year and run it for unlimited time in that case mdaemon server is almost free, but you won't get software updates. MDaemon server updates comes often. Updating is easy and never resulted in server crash or any other problem. System requirements for this server are low. I'm running it only on 2vCPU, 4 GB RAM and RAID-DP as storage and it runs fast enough. I'm running this server software about 8 years and never had any bugs. So in general i'm very satisfied with this product.

What do you dislike?

MDaemon cloud services price inadequate and uncompetitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it for free for one month.

We use it for regular email exchange on computer, phone or tablet.

Mark M.

"Dependable E-Mail Server Since 1996"

What do you like best?

Ease of managing server installation and configuration. We've been using MDaemon as our dedicated e-mail server for the past 23 years. It has always been a breeze to move it to new servers and have near-zero downtime with our e-mail service. The settings are directly-accessible via text files, the main program interface, or via web browser.

What do you dislike?

The number of configuration options, while necessary, can be overwhelming to a non-dedicated IT individual like myself. The MDaemon Health Check and browser-based Administration interface make it easier to access and narrow down important settings. So, I hope the developers continue to create simpler ways to get at and set commonly-used and critical options.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

MDaemon is a comprehensive e-mail server, so there will be more of a learning curve non-IT users. However, once it's up and running, little maintenance is required and you can benefit from having your own, in-house e-mail server.

We're a small company, but we handle thousands of e-mails to and from our customers around the world. I like having direct access to white/black lists, aliases, and other settings without having to go through a third-party IT company or E-mail Service. MDaemon has been very dependable for us.

Marcus J.

"Reliable and update to date security features"

What do you like best?

MDaemon is easy to set-up and is secure when yo u set it up by running it in house. The web client and chat module help staying on our infrastructure and not needing to use third party systems.

It offers all standards to stay on top of spam issues and ensure secure connection from one server to another. Latest version 19 now support multiple certificates.

What do you dislike?

I have been using MDaemon first privately and it was my first choice for my start-up as it a great solution for small / medium enterprises and I do not have any dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy set-up, secure and very reliable mail server. Cost effective solution as hardware needs are lower than some other solutions

Have a reliable, cost effective mail system for our start-up. Easy backup of data either via 3rd party archiving tool or 3rd party back up solutions. Easy to restore in an emergency,

Ryan C.

"Cost effective, reliable, easy to administer and maintain."

What do you like best?

Self hosting our email server is very cost effective, even with added cost to colocate the server. Hosting our own email server saves us 10's of thousands dollars every year vs popular hosted solutions. MDaemon support is excellent, I recommend purchasing the priority support contract, just in case.

What do you dislike?

The biggest thing I dislike is that the end user is not able to reset their own password. Not having the ability to use different SSL certs for different email domains, using MDaemon internal web server.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at the cost of MDaemon first, then shop around, the cost of MDaemon cannot be beat. For best results run MDaemon on actual server hardware and I highly recommend colocating server, that will reduce potential downtime due to environmental issues significantly.

Provide easy to use, reliable email service. Maintain legal compliance by being able to use 3rd party email archiving. The ability to brand MDaemon webmail with our company logo. Very easy to backup all email on the server using 3rd party cloud and local backup solutions.

Shree V.

"CTO"

What do you like best?

The central panel gives you real-time logging of the email flow. The real-time logging is so valuable to determine if your email server is having problems quickly. I do not get this from an exchange server or o365. The technical support is top notch, their expertize in the product amazed me.

What do you dislike?

I wish that would integrate the categorize list from outlook to be saved on the MDaemon server. The globe timeout for world client should be able to be set per mailbox. I would love to see CalDAV client availability for using with raspberry pi and IoT devices

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just work with MDaemon for a while with live users and you will see your time spent on managing is cuts in half. The ease of setup, the ease of migration. And the ease of reading the reports. Just watching the mail flow screen alone with giving you peace of mind that thing is running right. If there is a problem, the colorized texts make finding the issues quickly.

I can set our own quota file size and mailbox size. Manage public calendars. Able to setup email on mobile devices and manage them. I need to way to have full control over my email for my company and my employees.

Kent C.

"MDaemon best email solution for small to medium businesses"

What do you like best?

We've been using MDaemon for as long as I can remember my best guess is 19 years. In that time period, I've never had two failures that were both during an update. Those last two failures were over 15 years ago. Simply said, MDaemon has provided us with a secure stable email solution that has lasted through the decades. I couldn't be any happier with our decision to use MDaemon for our customers and our company. We currently service 600+ email accounts with only a maintenance contract and no ridiculous fees.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, MDaemon has served our company so well and recently they have deprecated services removing any bloat from the system. I don't have a single negative comment towards the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Perfect solution for small to medium businesses. One of my best business purchases ever.

MDaemon provides our Software as a Service and Installed customers the ability to send out mass emails from our server. Our server has been registered as a mass email marketing IP address so emails to their customers are not blocked.

Having a single email interface allowed us to code specific applications to work with MDaemon while MDaemon allowed use to forward emails to other mail services providing an seamless integration at an extremely reasonable pricce.

Robert H.

"Growing with Mdaemon"

What do you like best?

There are many thing to like about Mdaemon but I would start with "It just works" and and follow up with appreciation of the programmers dedication to keeping it working and up to date. Also, if you peer under the hood of Mdaemon you can see their humor as well. Must be a good place to work.

What do you dislike?

There is precious little I personally dislike about Mdaemon. The only thing that come to mind is sometimes I have trouble finding a specific setting I need to change. That is usually solved with a quick help search.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a system that works, support when it counts, and Peace of Mind as an admin. this is it

We sell education training products so we have limited customer base. As such I need to have complete control of our email. Not all of our customers have the best email setups and having the mail server software on site allows me to find issues with email and resolve them that would not be possible if I were using a email provider.

Robert H.

"Comprehensive mail service, management, and value in a single package."

What do you like best?

MDaemon gives us visibility into our email usage and control over the service we present to our users. Designed to be customizable, MDaemon presents us with the flexibility we need to make email work the way we need it to. The logs are comprehensive and make diagnosing email problems in a reasonable time possible.

What do you dislike?

The documentation is comprehensive, but is mostly of the "narrative" type. It documents all the configuration options, but doesn't necessarily tell you how to use them or when they might be used.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Practice with it during trial period. Use the functions within MDaemon to bridge to your old email system to make transition smoother.

Our biggest business problems were archival capture of emails for legal reasons. We wanted an on-prem solution that allowed us to respond to discovery and open-government FOIA requests. We also need to ensure a secure point-to-point email exchange within our domain. By not using a hosted or third-party service, we've been able to respond more quickly to changes in our business needs.

Tristan C.

"Most excellent logging/intelligence you'll find"

What do you like best?

MDaemon is filled to the brim with features, true, but my favourite aspect of it is the logging. Whatever is happening on your mail server, you'll be able to trace exactly what is going on, when, and where. Nobody likes pouring through thousands of lines of log files, but all mail administrators know that it's part of the job, and you'd rather have all the data there ready for you when you need it. MDaemon gives you the intel you need.

What do you dislike?

Some of its components can be a tad unstable at times (ie: content filter engine getting stuck at 99% CPU and requiring an application restart), but on a server that's up 24/7, this happens seldom and is really only a minor annoyance.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Even if you don't use it for full-blown mailbox access, using it as a perimeter/edge gateway is excellent.

Again, the intelligence factor is key. Sometimes clients need to know where there email is going, or why their clients claim they haven't received something. Being able to tell my clients with absolute certainty that the message reached the destination and the problem isn't on their end is wonderful, and gives them confidence on their systems, and our support for them.

Ross M.

"Reliable, flexible, powerful and great value"

What do you like best?

Up and running within minutes, easy clear access to all of it's features and logs. Simple 'file and folders' storage structure. Comprehensive features. Just works - day in, day out.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike about MDaemon really. You'd always like it be cheaper or better in some way, but it does 99% of what's needed and you know that the cost is well invested in the ongoing development of the product by the developers

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A fabulous solution for running on an AWS or Azure virtual server at very low cost. Also works great in Amazon AWS LightSail for those who want a less complex AWS experience.

MDaemon provides a great solution for customers where Office365 isn't the best fit. It can be installed onsite or on a VM in the cloud and provides customers with a dedicated and well supported email solution.

James N.

"Great server application, great support"

What do you like best?

MD is a feature rich server application offering everything an organization needs for a full service, e-mail platform including webmail and antivirus services.

What do you dislike?

There’s not much to dislike about MD. About the only negative I could think of deals with it’s anti-spam technology. It does a good job but could do better. The lack of a native archival system holds it back as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you’re looking for the best Internet mail exchanger on the market with webmail and threat protection, this is hands down the best solution available.

MD is a comprehensive, e-mail platform. This is where it excels and it does not try to do anything else. That means it is best in class because it is focused. The application has improved regularly during the 25 years I;feel run it and that is what I like most in a server application.

Brandy R.

"Mdaemon works well"

What do you like best?

MDaemon Messaging Server works well for our company. It is easy to use and access. We use the MDaemon webmail as our email provider. I like all of the features that are included like calendars, contacts, group contacts, folders, tasks, notes, and templates. Most of my emails are set up in templates and it helps make my job quick and easy.

What do you dislike?

The MDaemon Messaging Server has only shut down a few times since I have been using it, but I would sum that up to a bad internet connection, not MDaemon's fault. I don't have anything bad to so about MDaemon Messaging Server.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend using MDaemon Messaging Server as your email provider.

MDaemon Messaging Server provides my company and I a safe and secure way to contact our patients. Even my deleted emails are stored in the trash bin until I need them, and that helps tremendously to have as back-up. I wouldn't use any other email server for my profession.

Greg K.

"Serves me well since March 2000"

What do you like best?

I'm a 1-man software business owner and operator, do everything alone here. I started using MDaemon for my business domain in March 2000 and it served me well for over 19 years now. Just "set and forget", no need for time consuming administrative tasks. I cannot tell that "MDaemon is the best" only because I never had any need to use anything else. Easy to use, very reliable, filters well spam, reasonably priced.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything to dislike in MDaemon.

Email delivery, web email access with their web client, security and virus scanning, filtering spam... My solo operated software business couldn't survive without MDaemon. I n the primary role box I choose "Administrator", but I'm of course also the user. There are other users too of course, some of my external partners and contractors, and some family members.

David B.

"Excellent Exchange Replacement"

What do you like best?

Having used Microsoft Exchange for several years I began looking for a replacement option due to budget restrictions. I required a system that supports Outlook as well as MS ActiveSync. Also having used Exchange I wanted a system that was not only less expensive but easier to manage and support. After vetting several email systems I decided to go with MDaemon. I have now been using MDaemon for over a year and have no regrets. It works fully as expected.

What do you dislike?

The only real issues we have had with MDaemon has been with the Outlook Connector. It works but has some quirks that take getting used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just Try it

The major benefits are cost savings and support complexity. MDaemon is substantially cheaper than Exchange and works just as well for a SMB

Keith W.

"Longtime User/Administrator"

What do you like best?

Control! I originally went with MDaemon , I think it was V2.X, because it was a perfect fit for small business. We were using dial-up modems to pull external messages and integrating with our local (internal) email. No other solutions did what we needed. We stay with MD now because because it reliably serves us and allows full control. Administration is simple and features have kept pace with our needs.

What do you dislike?

Cloud-based solutions are available now that could totally eliminate administration and fuss. If I was not already up and running with this solution, I might consider one. However, control remains important. No regrets so far.

MD does a great job with spam control. I don't think other solutions can touch it. Outlook collaboration is great too.

Dave S.

"MDaemon user for 10+ years"

What do you like best?

It just runs, and runs, with little management effort once configured to your requirements. The configuration options are able to address practically any scenario, and the online help is clear and extensive. We have yet to encounter a situation with our company email that we could not address with MDaemon.

What do you dislike?

You will only experience a downside to using MDaemon if you are not competent in basic network configuration, though their support is excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it... it's easy to implement, does not require immense hardware capabilities and once configured it just runs!

We have 40-50 in-house email accounts and over 300 customers, with MDaemon handling all of our email correspondence, including complete incoming/outgoing archiving with attachments and automatic nightly backups.

Anthony K.

"Feature rich, easy to use and maintain mail server. "

What do you like best?

Our employees love MDaemon because the front end web mail GUI is so simple to use and is feature rich. MDaemon is affordable compared to big name mail server products.

The developers are consistently releasing new features based on community feedback, it has come a long way just in the last 2 years.

Some other user favorites are the ability to chat with other users from within the web interface and the ability to share mail folders and calendars.

What do you dislike?

Some users have difficulty setting up the manual settings (IMAP/POP and other security settings) on their phones/tablets without assistance. We would love to see a standalone IOS/Android App to solve this.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give the free trial a try. Take some time and learn how you currently troubleshoot and backup current email compared to options available in MDaemon.

Proir to us switching to MDaemon, we were using a command drive based linux mail server, this brought us up to a much better platform all the way around. This has very much simplified our onboarding process and makes it much easier to troubleshoot.

Colby R.

"Great Alternative to expensive Exchange!"

What do you like best?

The configuration and user management is straight forward and all the settings are extremely easy to find. Tech support is extremely friendly, knowledgeable and the free tech support via email is fairly quick. Licensing is a breeze, it's simple, quick and extremely affordable.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything to dislike about the product right now, I've been pleased with it from day one.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fighting fraudulent and malicious emails if an ever increasing battle. I'm having to stay on my toes monitoring incoming traffic just to make changes in the server to keep users safe. I would like to see MDaemon Email Server to keep security as top priority and keep those security improvements coming.

The system is robust and can handle large work loads, but is also agile enough for fast updates and reboots. Recently, users have been utilizing remote access on their smart phones and that has helped with users having office contacts available and their work schedule.

Martin W.

"On-premise mail server far less expensive than cloud-based email"

What do you like best?

The low cost per user license really sealed the deal for our purchase. What SMB can truly afford the high price of Office365 or other cloud services for more than a few dozen users?

What do you dislike?

The Outlook Connector. It is not ready for prime-time. Oh it works, but is clunky if you want to utilize Microsoft Outlook as your email client. To be fair, Google Apps Sync was just as bad. I suppose any Outlook connector can never do what is built into the Exchange and Outlook ecosystem.

Also, initial deployment requires lots of attention to detail, whereas a cloud service is more set-it-and-forget-it. As the sole administrator I find myself spending lots of time administering the system until the first month or two are history. Or until users just get used to the new normal.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you plan a IMAP-only or webmail-only email system, this is an amazing solution considering the low cost and excellent support. The hardware demands are minimal, from what I've observed on my virtual server Win2016 on ESXi on a NAS (SSD/HDD 12-drive array).

I decided to pay the $500 annual priority support after purchase because I found I was going to need some handholding during the honeymoon phase. Totally worth it. They are Americans, speak English, and I get to them in less than 5 minutes where they're solving my problem.

If you've been sheltered by managed email services, prepare by running MDaemon in trial mode and implement it on a different domain to see how the email works from start to finish. That was really helpful in comparing systems and experiencing the ease of administration.

If you want calendar integration like Outlook, you'll be using the Connector which is frustrating for our users who are used to Outlook/Exchange integrated smoothness. To be fair, MDaemon is continually improving and implementing suggestions so I'm sure the connector will be greatly improved over time.

Spoofing was always a problem with Office365 and Google Apps. MDaemon has integrated modules that handle this. MDaemon has built-in security tools that help protect users and the server itself. Cost was another issue we overcame. Monthly licenses cost less than $0.30 per user compared with $8.00 per user with cloud-based email services. And we finally broke free of another subscription-based service, meaning we can keep using all email services even if we don't pay for maintenance fee next year!

"Very positive, software works well with few issues."

What do you like best?

Cost is reasonable and new features continually added. very few issues but when one pops up, response from tech support and community forum is good. Highly configurable so most issues can be addressed with a configuration change. We can manage email for whole organization quite easily. Security features are good, we have no issues with users opening malicious e-mail, instead they complain that attachments won't open or are missing (quarantined), We like that. Support for both web mail and mail clients such as Outlook via Outlook Connector.

What do you dislike?

Renewal process used to be more difficult but now the web site makes it easy. Only minor compliant is that features tend to be scattered around the various configuration screens, so may take some research to find them. But that may be a cost of high configurability, which I wouldn't want to give up. Outlook Connector could be problematic, but has been better with recent releases. Main issue was corruption of the database, but with IMAP it could be cleared and mail synchronized again. Hasn't happened in awhile now.

Provide secure e-mail to 150 users, with total control over features and no inherent limits. No worries about staff getting into trouble with malicious e-mail. Phishing is still an issue but that's related to staff training.

Jeff H.

"MDaemon as a list server"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. From installation through account/list creation, through troubleshooting. MDaemon makes the process easy. Plus it's the best system we've found to manage our mailing lists with both internal and external addresses.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. While use with Outlook etc is not native it still works well. The only reason we moved off of MDaemon for our user mailboxes is because as a non-profit, we get Office 365 for free. MDaemon is still the best solution for us to manage our mailing lists however.

We have a bunch of mailing lists that contain both internal and external email addresses. These lists are used for mostly text based emails, so a service like Constant Contact or Mail Chimp is overkill. We tried to manage these lists in our Exchange environment but you have to add each external address as a contact which is a nightmare. In MDaemon, all you do is type in the email address. It's so easy and it works flawlessly.

"Rock solid."

What do you like best?

As a small business owner, MDaemon has been an affordable way to take control of email communication. As my business has expanded and contracted, my email server was easy to adjust accordingly.

What do you dislike?

Email is still a fairly complicated thing for someone like myself who has to run the business and manage technology, so it took me a bit to get everything set just right. Luckily the tech support was patient while I got things going.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Depending on your level of expertise, some assistance in the initial setup is all you may need. After that, upgrades are easy, and adding users/email address is simple.

As local phone and internet provider contracts expire, and new players come on the scene, it was a hassle always redirecting domains everytime we changed providers. With MDaemon mail, its one (big) element of my business I do not have to worry about when I change providers.

"The most reliable and compliant Email server"

What do you like best?

This one of a kind email server is Flexible, Easy to use and maintain. It is compliant when it comes to today's email technologies. The developer is open to new way on battling spam and securing your email transmittal. I remember when DomainKey and SPF are first introduced, MDaemon was actively supporting both. Now with a lot of new way on handling emails, MDaemon is always on top of those.

Comparing with Microsoft Exchange or any other system, MDaemon requires less CPU and Memory. They are so efficient it handles processing faster and requires less from physical host. Totally amazing.

If you are doing backup, this is easy to restore specially if you have granular restoration. Unlike in Exchange where you need to mount the whole database before you can access individual email (using special app), in MDaemon, all you need is mount the folder or files and restore it.

What do you dislike?

No single sign-on capability.

Recommend to scan harddisk (where mailboxes are located) regularly. Due to the nature how it store the emails (storing as msg files), you might end up with some file index corruption which can always be fixed by chkdsk.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the only Email Server I know that can compete with Microsoft Exchange. It supports IMAP, POP3 and Exchange Active Sync.. It is a complete package to host your company's email because aside from above-mentioned service protocol, you can configure a very flexible content filtering, and safe guard email using multiple latest antiSpam and Antivirus engine.

Filtering, Spam and securing emails. Very customizable, you can tailor how you handle each emails being processed before it landed to user mailbox.

Alan K.

"MDaemon Email Server"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of administration and the vast built-in security features it offers.

What do you dislike?

The only thing thing I dislike about it is that email support is the only option that's included. This really hasn't been a big issue though. We've been using MDaemon for over 10 years, and only had to make a paid support phone call once during that time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend to those seeking an email server option to get a trial of MDaemon Server.

We use the calendars feature to create department calendars for staff (for employee schedules, etc.). We couldn't live well without MDaemon server, since the heart of our communication is based on it.

Jon A.

"MDaemon Mailserver - a long history"

What do you like best?

- Updates are regular and painless to install

- Easy to administer

- Most config files and lists etc are ascii text files

- Great for local hosting for our business

- Very scale-able

- Very Flexible

What do you dislike?

- Not much to dislike

- Pay for tech support although the price is not terrible

- Slow email tech (free) support

- Internet email of course

- Local LAN mail

- Messaging between employees

- Corporate calendar - scheduling

- Shared email (Emailed Invoices) between departments

- Specialized email groups

- Email alias accounts

- Mail scanning for potential bad attachments or spoofed email using custom filters

Bruce J.

"Mdaemon is easy to use, easy to admin"

What do you like best?

It has a simple user interface - we have used this product for over 20 years - as the Administrator I find it feature rich, new features are constantly being added, the product is also kept up to date against potential threats - if you must have an onsite product this product is one of the least expensive per user solutions

What do you dislike?

In over 20 years of being the admin really don't have any dislikes

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to deploy, simple to use, best bang for your buck

Hosting multiple domains, this is least costly solution for us

Zoran M.

"Review of Mdaemon by a longtime user"

What do you like best?

I like how easy Mdaemon is to manage, use and configure. I have been using and managing and supporting Mdaemon since 2005 and I can honestly say that I would be lost without it. It is a breeze to configure and I eagerly anticipate each new version which usually comes with a whole lot of new features.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike with Mdaemon. Occasionally it can be a little hard to trawl through log files to find the cause of a lost email but this is not very often the case.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great Software! Easy to use, easy to manage!

I am able to get teams of people to communicate more effectively with each other and with the wider world using a multitude of platforms and devices.

Rita V.

"Dependable workhorse that keeps our emailed billing on the "White list""

What do you like best?

The anti-virus, malware protection. To keep our billing clean for our customer's servers.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. MDaemon is flawless. I'm not long winded, so the first four words, are what I think

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you like getting paid by your customers and need your system to keep up with the changes and dangers involving emails, then use MDaemon!

Four years ago the company I work for had a mis-mash of products. Most of our electronic billing was being rejected by our customer's servers. With good reason. MDaemon was recommended as a preferred product by our Accounting Software provider. Since the switch I get one or two rejects a month, instead of an hour. Most mistakes are on our part. MDaemon saves us time and money. Customers can't pay an invoice the don't have!

Ron R.

"Budget friendly and works!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can investigate just about anything I want with intuitive logs and real time connection and processing queues.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more "How Tos" for various configuration challenges. People learn better through example.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Utilize the Activesync component. It saves a huge amount of time setting up email clients and smartphones.

Mdaemon is highly customizable and full of features that would cost many times more money with other solutions. Money and time savings are the biggest benefits.

C

"Competent and flexible system"

What do you like best?

The best is all flexibility and overview in the spam handling, reject of all identified spam and all easy searchable loggs. Also the file base without database makes backup easy and no risk of crashed database.

What do you dislike?

I miss generic support for calendar and contacts in Outlook and most of all no calendar and contact support at all in Outlook for MAC. Also support for sending delayed messages from Outlook or elsewhere, as supported in Exchange Server in Outlook mail client.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look into all spam and screening funcionallity.

In a project when sending mails with a web server system as client it was very helpful with all SMTP loggs when improving stability in the mail sending.

"Easy to use business email server that will work with minimal intervention."

What do you like best?

Its has been easy to administrate for a company under 100 employees. Have been able to keep virus away from network and has done a decent job of minimizing spam. Easy to to setup and set filter and block domains. Easy to upgrade system and virus definitions. Very easy to run upgrades and simple to backup system..

What do you dislike?

Learning how to allow attachments and blocking certain emails can be a challenge. If you send emails to the spam filter looking trough them can also be time consuming. Learning how to use black list filter can be a rather hard especially if you use the wrong ones. There should also be an easier way to receive simple support for small issue that do arise form time to time. Finding out the reason for a see ya message can be rather complicated as there is not enough information to properly know why exactly the email are being terminated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Has a small learning curve and some email issue can cause some minor headaches but over all the system is reliable and easy to maintain.

The email server can easily adapt as your company grows. Can easily work with outlook clients and if needed can be modified to work more like an exchange server with certain aspects upgrades.

C

"MDaemon User for 27 Years"

What do you like best?

Simply. Fast. Efficient. Full featured. Easy to mange. Easy to install and configure. Easy to upgrade. Priced right. Excellent SPAM filter. GREAT technical support. Though we almost never need to use it since it just runs. VERY reliable.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Best mail server we have ever used and continue to do so. And we have installed many other options.

Two biggest areas are 1) that it utilizes such a small amount of system resources, yet still runs well, that it is easy to use less expensive hardware and 2) it has a great list server. We have used that in many environments.

David M.

"Scalable, secure, and cost-effective "

What do you like best?

I like the customizable features and in-depth technical support services provided by Alt-N. My employer has used MDaemon for over 15 years, that speaks for itself.

What do you dislike?

MDaemon is a quality server software that meets all my needs. Nothing to dislike.

We are managing all email services along with multiple project-based calendars, and event systems. All this is handled by MDaemon.

"Great product at an incredible price"

What do you like best?

It is a very cost effective solution. User like the ability to access their email via pop, imap, or the built in website interface (webmail).

What do you dislike?

No built in calendar sharing. I also have had a couple instances where 100k plus email within 10 minutes "clogged" the in bound local queue and a mass move and then a controlled feeding of email or an app restart solved it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for an affordable & robust email only solution, looking at MDaemon.

We provide email to all our event directors & volunteers. Currently nearly 5,000 users.

Eric D.

"Excellent easy to use email servery..the best alternate to Exchange"

What do you like best?

Access, management interface, control that are easy to use

What do you dislike?

can't think of anything specific, there isn't anything about the product that I don't like, I would like to be able to modify the interface on the web to reflect our identity vs. that of Mdaemon.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Cost vs Cost of other options

Local Government, 100+ emails, archiving, access

gary s.

"Great lightweight footprint full featured mail server"

What do you like best?

Extremely reliable. Supports many anti-spam server registration features. I like the rules engine which allows server based filing of email in user folders other than inbox, based on many parameters.

What do you dislike?

It could have a better outlook calendar integration

Automatic filing of emails from vendors into folders which are shared among a user group, eliminating much duplication of email.

Jeff S.

"Terrific email server for those who want complete control"

What do you like best?

The well laid out and easy to use configuration interface. Also the fact they are constantly striving to improve the platform with regular updates. The online web client is terrific.

What do you dislike?

When I first started using MDaemon years ago I wasn't happy with the anti-spam feature, but that has been greatly improved in recent years.

I can't say our business has any "problems" that have been resolved by using MDaemon over other systems, however the reliability of the system and ease of configuration has made it a terrific in house solution.

"A well-engineered, full-featured email server!"

What do you like best?

I love the full suite of security features offered by MDaemon Email Server. The SPF/DKIM/DMARC processing, combined with the anti-spam engine, catches the vast majority of spam messages before they get delivered to our users.

What do you dislike?

There is literally nothing I don't like about this product.

MDaemon Email Server provides a fast, easy-to-configure, secure email solution that I can manage myself in-house, without relying on any third-party to store my email. I call this the ultimate in email security, since no one (cough-Gmail-cough) can read my email except me.

Dave W.

"Great option if Exchange isn't your thing"

What do you like best?

MDaemon is straightforward, you can manipulate content directly at the filesystem which makes backups, restoration and other tasks far easier than on fully database driven platforms. Configuration files are fairly well documented, making it easy to understand exactly how things are configured.

What do you dislike?

Some of the strengths are also the weaknesses, the lack of cluster support.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Read, research, and stop and think before you change the default settings, MDaemon is sanely configured out of the box.

Sending and receiving email in-house without relying on any external cloud provider.

Jonathan E.

"MDaemon is an excellent email server"

What do you like best?

ease of configuration and clear labels for fields

What do you dislike?

Mademon is not popular enough for there to be lots of online info for it

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Much easier to implement and maintain than Exchange interface is well organized and the Web mail interface is quite good.

email company wide

"MDaemon for Small/Medium Business"

What do you like best?

The cost of ownership is much lower than most other equivalent mail server software.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't support the Mac environment as well as it should. Especially supporting EWS (Exchange Web Services)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that you know exactly what your customer needs from a mail server, and make sure that MDaemon supports those needs.

Benefits that we are seeing from MDaemon are tough to define, probably the biggest benefit is the ease of setting up our devices to work with the MDaemon Server

Donald E.

"Great mail server - reliable and easy to install"

What do you like best?

The ease of installation and the easy configuration of new domains.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. Product operates well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Put it in your testing list.

Ease of setting up mail servers and complying with standard mail security requirements.

"MDaemon is a solid Messaging Platform"

What do you like best?

MDaemon is a cost effective solution and is intuitive for the end user. Our end users like the way they can personalize the experience to make it more efficient in their day to day activities.

What do you dislike?

Anti-Spam Controls can use improvement. In my case I constantly have to write rules to combat the junk that gets through the regular system settings. I would like to see something with more AI built-in.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The default settings are good but you can make your deployment go smoother with reading the manual.

A less expensive alternative to Microsoft Exchange.

This software allows us to provide a stable messaging platform for everyone to use and collaborate.

"This is the best work email I have ever used"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to access right form home, it loads super fast and helps me be very efficient at work.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how the layout is, I wish it could be more simplified, but overall it is a great application.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have a good internet provider to use this application.

It helps me connect with other people in the company to solve any problems we may be having.

David F.

"Excellent Platform"

What do you like best?

Great features for a reasonable price compared to Exchange

What do you dislike?

I do not have currently have any complaints with the product.

It is great to have email, calendar and contacts managed on one platform.

"Great email Software"

What do you like best?

Set it and forget it, no management required once its in place and operational. just runs.

What do you dislike?

The interface could be a little more user friendly sometimes you have to click thru various screens to find what you are looking for.

smtp server for all our mass emailing's and it handles it with no issues with no increased cpu and memory utilization on the server or reboots required

Nikola A.

"Best email server"

What do you like best?

A large number of many diffrent tolls helps me administrate server every day, allso as well as built in anti-virus.

What do you dislike?

There is notihing to dislike at Mdaemon.

Communication

kevin d.

"MDaemon Security Gateway"

What do you like best?

I has decreased my junk mail and other unwanted emails by 95% in the first month alone. great Product

What do you dislike?

Nothing to comment on at this time. Been great so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely consider MDaemon products for your business as an alternative to other platforms.

I also use the MDaemon Email Server and its use of use is bar none. Functionality and setting up is great.

Learn more about MDaemon Email Server

MDaemon Email Server Videos

Learning about MDaemon Email Server?

* We monitor all MDaemon Email Server reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories