Yakuake

Yakuake is a drop-down terminal emulator based on KDE Konsole technology.

Work for Yakuake?

Learning about Yakuake?

Yakuake Reviews

Showing 6 Yakuake reviews
Yakuake review by Michelle F.
Michelle F.

"Yakauke is A-Ok"

What do you like best?

I like the animation factor from Yakauke. It helps make my presentation more exciting. I think the benefit is complete comprehension for the viewer. Yakauka helps people understand in better detail more about what you are trying to communicate.

What do you dislike?

It took some effort for me to get comfortable using Yakuake. I wish there were more shortcuts because it is a little time consuming for me to get used to. I also think animation could be even more sophisticated.

It helped me create a better and more useful presentation to potential clients. I think Yakauke helped me keep them focused and held their attention vs. had I not used it.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Yakuake
Yakuake review by Sonni F.
Sonni F.

"Yakuake Review"

What do you like best?

First of all, the smooth sliding of Yakuake is pretty cool. Secondly, the fact that it's based on Konsole makes it quite powerful.

What do you dislike?

Bugs are still present and more features should be implemented. Skins are supposed to be supported by Yakuake but I wasn't able to find any online or a menu that suggested the skins support.

The truth is that Yakuake is cool and actually more practical than the conventional terminal emulators that were available for the GUI. This terminal emulator has a lot of potential and I'm looking forward to see what new features will be implemented when KDE 4 will be available.

What Terminal Emulator solution do you use?

Yakuake review by User

"YaKuake, the best terminal emualtor."

What do you like best?

What I like the best about YaKuake is the one touch drop down menu, the ability to customize what is shown, its speed and one touch hide. It simplifies my desktop like no other emulator.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about it? The fact that I seem to be the only person I know that actually uses it I would love to see it as default terminal emulator on linux systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The terminal drop down window is the wave of the future.

I normally use htop as a visual process handle management too and have it running in yakuake, the speed of being able to see what processes are hanging up my systems gives me a starting point for troubleshooting software problems and system crashes.

Yakuake review by User

"Heavy user of Yakuake under KDE for 1 year"

What do you like best?

The quake like animation to display the terminal and the global workflow as it does not disturb the window disposition and the terminal is available at any time.

What do you dislike?

I used the minimal look and there is no easy way to access the settings once the theme is applied

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good software but tight dependancy to the KDE desktop envrionment

Mainly the fact the terminal disappear from the list of windows, it helps focusing on the other app and you display your CLI env only when you need it

Yakuake review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Useful utility that can significantly boost your productivity."

What do you like best?

Yakuake is meant for KDE desktops, but it will run on others, as well. For example, I tested it on Ubuntu, with Gnome and it worked well, blending smoothly into the environment.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I think this product is Really useful

the ability to pin terminals into the desktop wallpaper:. Another great way of having your terminal right there, without switching desktop spaces or windows.

Yakuake review by Consultant in Research
Consultant in Research

"Easy to use KDE terminal emulator"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and supports skinning, split viewing, and profiles.

What do you dislike?

Can be challenging to find community support and user tips.

Allows our IT team to use computers without him having to deal directly with it. It provides a protective shell that prevents the user and computer from coming into contact with one another.

Learning about Yakuake?

* We monitor all Yakuake reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.