Webexpenses

Webexpenses is a global provider of expense management software designed to turn a complex, manual process into an efficient, automated one.

Work for Webexpenses?

Learning about Webexpenses?

Webexpenses Reviews

Ask Webexpenses a Question
Showing 29 Webexpenses reviews
Webexpenses review by Sentley W.
Sentley W.

"Nice to see something really relevant"

What do you like best?

It all looked so seamless and great for users. Simple and dynamic! Integration with Sage is also a real bonus as it saves so much time and reduces margin for error. You also get a real team buy in with this solution which is always key to any new software or project being implemented. The admin team find it so much more efficient especially in terms of the integration and the MD can sign off expenses whilst he is out and about. The flexible pricing structure is also a real bonus as we have members of the team that may only claim expenses once or perhaps twice a year. I can see at a glimpse where I am with my expenses.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to dislike just a shame a lot of the automated invoicing work is only just becoming available. It would be good if the app still tracked mileage

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! Well worth implementing and setting up. It is well worth setting up the integration with your finance package as it makes everything seamless and reduces margin for error as well as helping to eliminate any expenses fraud and duplication.

Speed and ease of getting expenses processed within a growing team. Helps ensure we have all the receipts etc. in place. Home workers and those who were rarely in the office often had to submit photo's backed up with the hard copies at a later date. This problem is now solved.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Webexpenses
Webexpenses review by Jahir Roberto A.
Jahir Roberto A.

"Functional and simple solution"

What do you like best?

It's fairly intuitive and from an administrative standpoint, the creation of accounts is quite simple. The webexpenses team worked with us to make an integration with BambooHR and it's saving us some time.

It's easy for users to start using the tool without any training, and getting reports is also easy to do.

What do you dislike?

The interface just migrates new users, but doesn't update managers, and it's not possible to create a table that will assign an accounts person to all the staff under certain country.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good solution for companies with a simple financial structure

We keep better track of our expenses and the allocation of the costs is done in a more efficient way. We can now get reports and have more visibility about the way that our resources are being used.

With the integration with BambooHR we have saved some time in the creation of the accounts, and the interface also brings some details that we might skip when creating the accounts if they were to be created manually, such as job positions.

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Webexpenses review by Laurie B.
Laurie B.

"Amazing system & time saving solution"

What do you like best?

We previously used an old fashioned paper based expense system, so Webexpenses has been a much needed improvement in that department! As the expenses administrator, I find Webexpenses super easy and quick to navigate through - I am able to pull various reports i need, in just a few button clicks.

I find the "notes" feature really useful especially when having to reject claims, a quick note can just be left instead of an awkward conversation!

What do you dislike?

With being such a large company with so many employees, we did experience some system speed issues, but this is currently being looked into and we have already seen improvement.

With nearly 8000 employees in our business, processing expenses is a massive task & Webexpenses makes my job a whole lot easier. We have had amazing feedback from everyone in the business and Webexpenses has proved to be simple, easy and quick.

Webexpenses review by David N.
David N.

"Good system - excellent deployment"

What do you like best?

Chose webexpenses for flexibility and ease of deployment - their team worked with us to get the system up and running in multiple countries with different requirements - without charging a premium price for the complex set up. The system is adaptable and suits our needs as a growing business

What do you dislike?

The system has some problems when you update an approver existing but unsubmitted claims are not redirected to the new approver. It also doesn't pull HMRC mileage rates automatically.

Webexpenses allows us to control expenses in multi companies and countries within our business. This has lead to much greater visibility over expenses being claimed and allowed us to intervene.

Webexpenses review by Roger L.
Roger L.

"Pleasant and process-improving. Recommended."

What do you like best?

The ability to take photos of receipts within the app, which uploads it straight into the cloud, helps avoid issues such as lost or illegible receipts.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be a bit slow/tedious to use. There should be an improved at a glance/snapshot look of one's claim report that shows important information like "Employee Description", rather than clicking through each individual expense.

Webexpenses has provided a lot of structure to the process of staff credit card claims. The ability to take photos of receipts within the app, which uploads it straight into the cloud, helps avoid issues such as lost or illegible receipts and claimants take the process more seriously.

Webexpenses review by Cassie L.
Cassie L.

"User Friendly & Efficient"

What do you like best?

As an admin account holder I find the platform very easy to navigate through. I also have a variety of reporting options available, allowing me to extract required pieces of information quickly, without having to sift through a lot of different data.

I particularly like the 'Division Notice' feature, as it allows me to communicate any changes or updates to our entire team in one simple step.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike about the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Webexpenses if you are looking to streamline your expenses processes.

Webexpenses has enabled us to efficiently monitor our expenses and in turn allowed us to save money by introducing capped expenditure. Also, it has helped maintain a clear audit trail for internal/external requests.

Webexpenses review by User

"Webexpenses is a good app"

What do you like best?

I like that it has an app for my phone. Although is some kind different from the web one it's useful to upload receipts directly from the gallery of my phone.

What do you dislike?

I believe company teams need to be more involved in the initial set up of the platform so when changes in the company happen it can be reflected on the webexpenses app

Also, some of the time that I go to customer service the answers is to talk to someone from my company, maybe if you designate directly someone from the company if the employee would be more efficient in solving the issue,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the initial set up something important and involve the teams that are going to give support and manage the software since the beginning

All the expense reporting process is being optimized because we have webexpenses

Webexpenses review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"So far so good..."

What do you like best?

The online portal is simple to use and so far always operational. The smaller features; such as automatic mileage calculations have really helped speed up the claim process for individuals. The ability to start and submit claims on the go has meant fewer delayed or missed expenses and has made users more aware of costs they incur.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is extensive but not always intuitive. Plus, the petty cash and credit care facilities are not as integrated as I might have hoped.

The elimination of paper expense claims has reduced physical storage (which were limited).

The automated workflow has reduced risk of abuse or fraud and added professionalism.

The reports has saved time on system inputting and processing.

Webexpenses review by Jackie T.
Jackie T.

"It Couldnt Be Easier"

What do you like best?

Everything you need to process, review and post is so easy to find and use. It just doesnt get any easier. And if you get stuck there is always someone to talk to

What do you dislike?

I actually dont find anything that i dislike about it, just wish i had more spare time to see what some of the functions it has do so that we can look at using them.

Trying to move away from printing off receipts we cant wait to be ugraded in a few weeks time.

Webexpenses review by Marco M.
Marco M.

"great plattaform to work with "

What do you like best?

i like about webexpenses that is not complicated to use and they worry about their customers , they have a good customer support service

What do you dislike?

id like webexpenses to have a more friendly configuration on the admin side, sometimes is tedious checking if someone already exist in the company like going to pending users, users or archived, if you can put it in one tab and then we can filter it at will would be better

all the employee claims in the company as they put all their expenses here

Webexpenses review by Gary J.
Gary J.

"Far superior to our old system"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of the system and the ability to create custom reports are some of the best features.

But when you do need help the best part is the excellent support team that go over the top to assist.

What do you dislike?

The product has nothing that I dislike. Over time the team have been developing and adding improved functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best product available

Greater visibility of expenses and elimination of paper as well as having only one way for users to lodge.

Webexpenses review by Consultant

"Great Solution for Finances"

What do you like best?

I like that it is a great software for keep track of your finances. I like how you do not need any formal training to use it, it can be used by anyone.

I like that the pricing structure if flexible and I like that it shows expenditures for the new few future years. This is very handy to catch a glimpse of and plan for future years and projections.

I like how good it is compared to than Excel spreadsheets and I like that everything is much more organised.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it can only be used solely and not collaboratively alongside organisations based in other areas. We have three different branches and I dislike this can not be used as a summary of all branches.

I dislike that you also have to be connected to the wifi in order to see the financial data which is not ideal on a train when all the work was lost as it had not updated when the wifi connection was lost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is good if you want something that is better than Excel spreadsheets and everything is much more organised and the estimated future expenses forecast can be very useful for managers of the business to utilise.

It can be very time consuming and can create problems that can only be rectified by utilising other software alongside the webexpenses software. You can use it much better than excel spreadsheets that constantly need checking for errors in the code. Benefits definitely outweigh the disadvantages of this software. I do think it needs a bit more development.

Webexpenses review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"New Admin User but confident already"

What do you like best?

I process the expenses as Admin and find the online experience of Webexpenses quite interesting from the beginning, I was shown what we use and how it works from a regular user but also found the User manual a great help and online guides very easy to navigate, its kept fairly simple so you can have a play around through the menus to find out what exactly you need

What do you dislike?

Nothing much yet, as I haven't used the system for very long I haven't experienced anything bad yet that is frustrating or annoying, maybe over time but for now all is ok.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it, it saves so much time, expense and the ease of use is brilliant, no more paper receipts!

The business benefits from speed of analysis and reporting of expenses, it is far easier for instance having receipts online and no more paper items.

Webexpenses review by Kate P.
Kate P.

"Hello 21st Century!"

What do you like best?

No more claims "lost in the post". Paperless. Emailed notification about expenses having been submitted for approval.

What do you dislike?

Having to re-enter the same information, it would be nice if you could copy the previous items' department/sector/customer/country details.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best, worst and only web based expenses system I have used.

It's paper free and it means we can track exactly when they are submitted. It also converts on the day the expense was incurred, which is a much more accurate way of conversion.

"Easy to use system"

What do you like best?

Good for record keeping.

Great for employees and contractors located remotely.

Approval process works well for our company.

What do you dislike?

'Approvers' are not able to correct or amend expenses - they can only reject the line item and request that the claim is resubmitted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for company who have employees travelling and working remotely. I love the fact that receipts can be uploaded instantly meaning claims are often validated more quickly. We used to received expense claims weeks after the event but now we receive the claims within days.

Reduced paper, improved record keeping, rigid approval process, faster submission of expense claims.

Webexpenses review by Veronica M.
Veronica M.

"Webexpense Review"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to have the employees upload their receipts and choose what category the purchases go under.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the user setup. I had to do so much of my own research and assisting with the setup, it was like I was putting it all together alone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is helpful enough just for the receipt tracking

Business problems I am solving with webexpenses include keeping paper receipts, making credit card transaction reports and holding specific employees liable for their own personal purchases. These are all benefits as well.

Webexpenses review by Isabel D.
Isabel D.

"WebExpenses does what I need it to do..."

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to customize it, it is relatively easy to use, the colors and layout are easy to see and read.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is so customizable that there have been errors in spelling on the dashboard. I also wish it was slightly more user friendly but I do think that this will happen as they grow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Webexpenses is a great company with excellent customer service!

We are able to manage our petty cash till more effectively and able to send our expenses to our bookkeeper who is off-site.

"Work management"

What do you like best?

i use this software at work and find it very helpful in de-cluttering the receipts i have to keep and also the ease of the approval chain as this is all electronically stored

What do you dislike?

the fields on the edger reports could be colored differently as i have to really focus to see the amounts against a colored background

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is a useful tool in reducing workplace waste

the main problem being reduced is the need to keep and store receipts

Webexpenses review by Chris W.
Chris W.

"Webexpenses has stremlined our processes"

What do you like best?

Our field employees are able to take pics of their receipts, add to their reports and send immediately.

What do you dislike?

We're still working out kinks on our cost codes but webexpenses has been very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the test company to get the set-up exactly how you'd like users to see it.

Lost receipts, random cost codes, coding to jobs that are no longer open. Webexpenses is controlled from the accounting side so we no longer have to guess, call or email to process reports.

Webexpenses review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"Webexpenses review"

What do you like best?

Can be used by remote employees who are based around the world. Staff can use the application with very little training. Audit trails show exactly when claims are opened, submitted and approved.

What do you dislike?

That when you have a new accounts person start with the business if you want to give them proxy access to all employees (200+) this can take a day to do. There is no easy way to apply to all.

That claims have to be wholly rejected rather than just being able to reject specific lines.

Assisting with maximizing our VAT claims. Having an app which allows people to still complete claims when they're away from the office for large periods of time.

Webexpenses review by Elizabeth P.
Elizabeth P.

"Love WebExpenses"

What do you like best?

the functionality, the colors, the ease of use, the customer service.

What do you dislike?

wish it was little more refined, making payments could be easier as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this company is great the customer service is bar none and any issues they will surely work out.

we were not able to properly tally our petty cash and send it to the bookkeeper. we can now easily report our expenses every month to the bookkeeper and our accounting is thriving.

Webexpenses review by User in Internet

"Great System to Use"

What do you like best?

The system is user friendly and saves time

What do you dislike?

For what I have used the service for I don't really have anything that I dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

Webexpenses not only provides a great product but the support for customers is also very good.

Being able to upload receipts gets rid of the problem of losing bits of paper.

The way it is set out also makes it very simple to create your expense claims in minimal time.

Webexpenses review by Administrator

"Great app for expenses on the go"

What do you like best?

This app has made our expenses process quick and easy.

What do you dislike?

The app can be rather slow at times, tends to work better on 4G than WiFi!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

Expenses would often be submitted late therefore costs missed from the accounts. The app helps us keep track of expenses.

Webexpenses review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Excellent System"

What do you like best?

The system is very easy to use and to train out. The implementations team are very helpful in getting everything up and running and the support team always help.

What do you dislike?

The outsourcing tool isn’t very customisable but that is outside the hands of webexpenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend the system. I have used it at numerous companies and it has always been very well received.

Expenses are approved much quicker now because people don’t need to be in the office and the admin time has dramatically reduced.

Webexpenses review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Excellent service"

What do you like best?

Webexpenses is a properly sophisticated expense system. The best of all is the support service however, they always respond immediately and are very efficient

What do you dislike?

Somethings are a lot more complicated to do than they need to be

Mileage claims are now a lot easier to handle

Webexpenses review by Administrator

"Very easy to use. Self explanatory for users."

What do you like best?

The system is self explanatory and allows users to submit claims with minimum fuss.

What do you dislike?

More detailed training notes would be beneficial for administrators.

Webexpense reporting allows us to monitor and review expense claims on a monthly basis and prepare for our year end HMRC reporting.

Webexpenses review by vicki i.
vicki i.

"Great solution"

What do you like best?

The fact that we are now paperless , and on the go claim submission and approval

What do you dislike?

nothing really , what's to dislike? It does exactly what it says on the tin

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you wish to save time and money - try it

Its efficient , it's paperless and everything is where you need it in seconds

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, imaging receipt and attaching with ease

What do you dislike?

Claim view on mobile app, would be good to see the pending claims to make changes

Simple way to ensure expense are claimed

Webexpenses review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Good not Great"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the flexibility of the system. I am able to easily add users, create new categories, and adjust GL codes as our business changes.

What do you dislike?

The interface just has a cheap feel to it.

N/A

Learn more about Webexpenses

Webexpenses Videos

Learning about Webexpenses?

* We monitor all Webexpenses reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.