Web+Center Reviews & Product Details

Web+Center Overview

What is Web+Center?

What is Web+Center? Web+Center is a suite of open source, web-based help desk applications that run onsite or in the cloud and support all browser-based devices, including PCs, Macs, smart phones and tablets. With access to 100% of the source code, organizations can create the ideal customized solution for their unique business needs for applications such as IT help desk, customer support, asset tracking and facilities management. Community colleges, hospitals, small businesses, non-profits and government organizations love Web+Center’s rich feature set and ease of use. A full version of the suite is free for up to 2 techs and does not time out, nor is it limited by the number of customers or cases.

Web+Center Details

Web+Center is a suite of open source, web-based help desk applications that run onsite or in the cloud. With access to 100% of the source code, free and affordable licensing, organizations can create the best customized help desk and ticketing solution for their unique business needs for applications such as IT help desk, customer support, asset tracking and facilities management.

There are a lot of help desk vendors providing similar products today. The Internet Software Sciences help desk offering is unique in that it offers a high return on investment by providing you with a solution that you can grow with while customizing it into a very efficient help desk for minimal cost. We can offer this longer-term offering by providing you with 100% of the source code that is designed to be customized to include your specific business functions.

Internet Software Sciences

Web+Center Screenshots

Web+Center Reviews

Showing 19 Web+Center reviews
Already have Web+Center?
What do you like best?

Was able to host on my own server. Simple to understand and able to do some personal configuration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would have like a little easier customer import system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As I said previously I will use it again should I decide to host my own website. Worked well for call tracking and project management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Worked well for call tracking for me. Ability of customer and myself to update issue information without a phone call. Will use it again if I choose to host my own server. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Helpdesk Technician
Banking
What do you like best?

Easy to quickly log and categorize calls. It can be daunting to log in calls after having a non-stop busy day, but even if one has several items to log it is extremely quick and easy. It's snappy, and never has issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The keyword search function could use a little work. I feel like the results are a little too broad when I am trying to search for something specific; I would prefer less results that are more narrowed down. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The price is great for a low amount of users; however, it gets relatively more expensive to have multiple users Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Web+Center for issue tracking. Whenever we have a call or issue, it is noted in Tech+Center. Makes it easy to find solutions to problems when they have happened before. Also great to show what work has gotten done in a given day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager, IT Department
What do you like best?

The support is the best! It has great customization capability, LDAP security capability, ODBC connectivity if you want to expand you reporting capability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some might not like the need for some ASP programming to customize, but instructions are pretty clear for those who have little or no knowledge in the language, and the support is excellent. They will help you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have three licenses. Web-Center is used for our major IT jobs and requests. It helps us to organize and prioritize our future and on-going IT workload for three companies (foundries.). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

I am a single man shop. Tech center really helps with issue tracking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At this time I am finding nothing that I dislike. I might have a few suggestions for additions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

All I can say is it works for me. Install was fairly simple as was configuration. To install on premise you will need someone who has some experience IIS, and maybe a little database experience but all in all

install instructions were well written and easy to follow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I work with small business computers and residential computer customers. This allows me to look back and see if this issue is related to prior issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director, Information Technology and Donor Services
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

Been using ISS Web+Center for more than 10 years. It just gets better and better. Easy to use, great collaboration tool for techs to customers. Asset Management made very easy for Techs. ISS Web+Center support is AWESOME too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would say is a dislike, is well.... for the price and features, I'd say there isn't anything to dislike about Web+Center Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ability to track cases and not use my email for support. Staff realize that by sending a support case is better then sending me email, They get lost in the shuffle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have used the Web+ Center software for a few years now in a office support role, working for a small IT consulting company. The software is simple, reliable and always works. I never have problems with it where I need to bother anyone in the office to figure anything out. The tech guy in the office has been able to customize the software to give it a more personal feel for the company (our own logo, etc.). Unlike other pieces of software, I never have to wait when updating, submitting or transferring a ticket. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is more on the plain side and maybe isn't the most pretty system I've ever used, but then again, those flashy systems seem to be the ones where there are more issues and things go slower in general. I'll take the simple, reliable workhorse any day! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Everyone should try to look at a few different software packages to make the best decision about what to go with. I've used different systems in previous roles and they were either too complicated or too slow. Web+Center's strong suit is it's simplicity. It isn't an overly complex package which makes it reliable and fast. Sometimes flashy isn't always best, go for reliable as that's the most important thing when you depend on a piece of business software daily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use the product to help enter case notes for our techs, handle the billing for customers and keep track of assets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

One place I could find everyone's edits and feedback Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a lot to review but necessary evil Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Coordination, deadline efficiency Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Manager
What do you like best?

I Like the Fact that you can Customize the help desk to your needs and that fact its not heavy coding that is required to make the changes. The Assets Assignment is also a create tool in the system.

I also like the fact that you can simple backup the database by just making a copy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The reports page has no customization and difficult to manage.

Also changing of the colour of the system is also difficult. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this product to any IT Administrator. The ease of setup and the amount of functions you can customize makes this application very useful.

It is also very light on resources so can be setup practically on any machine or server

I have also received AWESOME support even though im only using the Free Version

Thank you Web+Centre Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am Using the Help desk as a full management system for the IT department.

I manage Assets,Tickets and make use of the customer login for both browser and mobile

The benefit of the Product to my department is the fact that the system does not require a lot of training in terms of administration and implementation. Once you enable the email to case feature the system becomes very user friendly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Director
Government Administration
What do you like best?

One of the greatest features is that the software package is fully functional from the initial installation. Due to the fact that it is written in ASP, customization is very easy for anyone who has performed web programming. Ticketing, asset inventory control, projects where you can bind multiple tickets under a common location and complete customer database are just a few items that included. Overall the software is fantastic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't believe I can honestly say there is much of anything I do not like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Installation is very easy following the detail installation instructions from Internet Software Sciences. You can simply grab a Windows machine and have it up and running within an hour. If you're looking for a feature rich software package that is easy to setup and configure. Download Web+Center! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Web+Center as an IT department ticketing system. From the beginning it was discovered we would take the amount of time a technician is working each day, we can maintain a history of work performed and report generation is a snap. This software have made our life easier and more organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT System Administrator
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

Very simple to customize and great support from Scott and staff at ISS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's really not fancy looking but for the price who cares. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product with great support. If you like to fully customize your ticket system then this is the way to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use 3 different installs of this ticketing system for IT, equipment maintenance, and residential maintenance. This has sped up process in all three fields tremendously. My company is now able to trend and get all sorts of great data from the systems. Maintenance men are able to get to the houses quicker to repair items, maintenance is able to get to equipment quicker and access logs to the machine to see what issues have been reported before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

I really like the simple layout, the load times for pages, and the flexibility of adding custom fields as needed. It tracks time spent on an individual task basis, wrapping up based on case. The database is open, which allows me to create custom invoicing and reporting tools using Access and Excel. We'll soon be using the customer facing site for direct customer input. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only knock is that it's not the prettiest looking website out there, but I gladly give up looks for functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get a static IP and you're good to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking time became so much easier, and billing took a whole lot less time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Information Technology - User Services and Security
Higher Education
What do you like best?

Flexible to customize, easy to use, and rich in features. Being able to tie asset management into helpdesk ticketing is excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Written in Microsoft Active Server Pages, which is very robust and flexible, but somewhat outdated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Worth a look. The developer is easy to work with and offers a wide range of customization and support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This product allowed us to get a handle on our asset management challenges while increasing our customer service ratings in service excellence. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SR System Administrator
Computer Networking
What do you like best?

I like that you can customize it and it is simple to use and setup Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I found it to be fine for what we need so no dislikes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it , Simple to load and will even work on a desktop for testing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We where able to convert one install to a purchasing center Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Manager / Systems Administrator
Logistics and Supply Chain
What do you like best?

It is compatible with desktop and mobile devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike about this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to take advantage of the mobile capabilities including text alerts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using the ISS Web+Center to track both IT and maintenance related issues and projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Florist/Event Planner/Owner
Retail
What do you like best?

It works well. You can always count on it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is difficult to understand and the data fields are confusing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

N/A Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using the system to track tech progress on customers. We're starting to see reduced resolution times, but the techs have a hard time using the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Web+Center is a great product for us to use for several business functions. We are a small IT Shop for a mid-sized construction company. We use the Web+Center product as an IT Helpdesk, managing computer hardware and software issues, tracking of IT controlled assets, tracking of property management issues, users tracking as it relates to the assets and a knowledge base of solutions.

1. Flexibility: Is probably the key feature we had it up and running very quickly out of the box and since then have easily customized it to our uses. We are able to effectively use it on a variety of platforms.

2. Reliability: We have used it for approximately six years and it has worked flawlessly, and is stable

3. Communication from the publisher, ISS is constantly improving the software, and has a news letter that comes out monthly or so with hints on using the software, features on other users setups and notification on improvements. Scott is very open to user input and opinion he is available and responsive to suggestions and other input, ISS proactively seeks user guidance.

4. Value, after an extensive review of helpdesk software, I found the ISS product provided the most features and flexibility for me for the price by a long way.

5. Easy user use hence buy in by the users.

6. Easy integration with other systems, Web+Center uses LDAP so I am able to link into my Active Directory database.. Email integration works well for me.

7. Support any time I have had an issue configuring, updating, planning, the ISS support has be very responsive and accurate in solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the Web look is dated, but that is fixable for the most part with the ability to customize, but if you use it out of the box.........

Some of the reports could be a little deeper, but you just push to csv and there ya go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Call them and talk to them about your problems and what you are trying to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

1. Streamline communication between users and IT staff.

2. Easy tracking and documentation of problems with IT and building systems, IT and Maintenance Staff Work loads, assets assigned to users.

3. Easy tracking and documentation of patterns of problems in systems and people.

Improved turnaround on issue solutions, MUCH happier user community,

Much better and simpler documentation of accomplished work for business management.

Transparent feedback for user on where, what the status is of their issue is.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Manager, Analyst and Consultant in PLM Solutions
What do you like best?

Immediate of use both for Techs and Customers for which we provide support with Web Center Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Graphic appeal should be enhanced and need to select fields to be mandatory Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's the ticketing system we use for over 200 customers with 6 Tech users since year 2004. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

The ability to manage assets and a help desk in one centralized system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This system does everything we require and then some Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Without hesitation, begin a trial period Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A managed Help Desk and Asset Tracking System accessible to clients and staff via unique views Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AB
What do you like best?

Ease of use, ease of installation, support is great.

I have used Web+Center at a previous employment, and at my present job, for a total of about 10-12 years.

The product is very good. The cost is great. Support is prompt and very good.

The features are very good and very usable. Much more than you would expect for a program costing so little. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We are just starting to configure the Reservation Center, and I'd like to see it be a bit more intuitive to set up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product at a great price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Help Desk, ticket system.

A big time saving for our employees, being able to input support tickets.

It creates a database of issues and their resolution, so you can look up a problem to see how it was resolved in the past. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Web+Center?

Web+Center Categories on G2