Standup Alice

3.8

Standup Alice is a bot designed to run asynchronous standup meetings.

Work for Standup Alice?

Learning about Standup Alice?

Compare Standup Alice to Similar Solutions

Standup Alice Reviews

Showing 10 Standup Alice reviews

"Basically okay"

What do you like best?

The questions she asks are basic, and there's only 3 you have to answer. I like that they group everyone's responses by team member instead of by question. It's a basic standup program that gets the job done though.

What do you dislike?

It's sometimes glitchy, especially if you don't respond. She'll sometimes think your sick or on vacation when you just didn't respond. Also, I would like it if you could answer the questions more proactively (like the day before), but this also makes the programming kind of glitchy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare and contrast to different standup products. My team tried this one out for a while and are now trying another one out. We'll see which one we like better and probably end up circling back to whichever one provides the most exceptional quality. Right now, I'm not sure if that's Standup Alice because of the glitches I mentioned before, but we'll see.

Keeping team members accountable for their daily tasks.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Standup Alice
Standup Alice review by John W.
John W.

"Simple Slack Bot"

What do you like best?

Standup Alice was one of the best and most simple bots I had ever used ever. I don't normally use slack but, with the bot I decided to use slack even more because it's features were just out there and so nice and simple to use. I can't believe how much this bot has added to the experience of slack. My whole service team use this bot on the regular and we love everything about it.

What do you dislike?

It does have it's kinks like disconnections and sometimes it has a long response time. This is most likely due to the servers slowing down then having to speed back up and taking a min to do so. Either way this bot is great with or without the downsides.

We have become so much more organised with Standup Alice. We used to be out there and we had a hard time staying and getting things done because everything was just sloppy but, with the new Standup Alice we were faster to get things done and work better as a team.

What Productivity Bots solution do you use?

"She's okay"

What do you like best?

The bot does exactly what you need it to do when running asynchronous standup meetings. We use it to help make sure everyone is coming to standup prepared, as well as to collect responses from team members who have to miss standup due to conflicting meetings.

What do you dislike?

No longer free. She also had a hard time adapting to day light savings time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are plenty of free options out there with the same or similar functionality if you're looking to avoid the cost.

Prepping for standup/conducting asynchronous standup meetings.

Standup Alice review by User in Internet

"It met my mildest of expectations"

What do you like best?

Standup Alice did exactly what we expected from her. It was an extremely easy way to keep everyone on the same page for current tasks and blockers.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot of room for error with such a simple tool. I would have liked if Alice changed her dialogue once in a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's kind of a pain to get people to accept it, but once they do everything gets a lot easier.

It is a great tool for helping keep people accountable for their work.

Standup Alice review by User in Internet

"A fine way to keep your team updated"

What do you like best?

Personally I like it for my own accountability. I can go back and see what I had intended to get done each day. Great for keeping track of everyone's tasks, and visibility into other team members' daily tasks is great.

What do you dislike?

Alice is simple and kind of annoying. She gets the job done, but ultimately we chose another bot that fit our needs better.

We use alice every day for our standup meetings. Everyone has the info on their phone via the slack app, so we're all prepared to share what our days look like.

Standup Alice review by Christina A.
Christina A.

" StandUp Alice"

What do you like best?

It's pretty simple to use.. they ask you some basic questions so even if you're not super computer savvy and makes it pretty easy to keep everyone on track.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes has a long response time. It also disconnects from time to time which can also be frustrating.

group settings.. keeps people on track.

"Efficient meetings"

What do you like best?

Standup Alice has streamlined our daily scrums and made it super easy to go back and check on each other's plans and work.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that comes to mind that I specifically dislike. Sometimes if you send a message to Alice before she asks one of her prompts, she takes that message as the answer anyway.

We have streamlined our meetings and created an easy backlog of daily schedules and tasks.

G2 User in Internet

"StandUP Alice is a great tool"

What do you like best?

StandUP Alice helps us keep track of productivity and current issues.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit spammy sometimes and takes up a lot of space in the channel.

Communication. Making sure everyone is accountable.

Standup Alice review by User in Internet

"Slack integration is nice"

What do you like best?

Easy to report my daily tasks through slack for my whole team, and a great way to track what I've done for the wee

What do you dislike?

Nothing much, it does what i need to but nothing more

Daily reporting of tasks, prep for scrum, tracking of work done, help with blockers

Standup Alice review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Stand Up Alice is a great product for Slack"

What do you like best?

Its very useful for our office in Florida and California

What do you dislike?

It doesn't work well with our offices over seas

Helps us to have a general view on how the projects are going.

Learning about Standup Alice?

* We monitor all Standup Alice reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Standup Alice to Similar Solutions