SMART for education

3.8

SMART for education offers interactive displays and suite of learning softwareto create one connected classroom experience.

Work for SMART for education?

Learning about SMART for education?

SMART for education Reviews

Showing 5 SMART for education reviews
SMART for education review by User in Fine Art
User in Fine Art

"Smart Interactive Notebook in the classroom"

What do you like best?

I love that there are hundreds templates and activities already in place to use or modify in the classroom. I was asked by a teacher to convert my jpg art lessons to smart interactive ones and I am learning how to create appropriate activities for my lessons.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more tutorials for all the templates. Since I am new to this technology because my school never hooked up my smart board, I have a learning curve to make up! I find it easy to use but there are so many different features that I would appreciate more tutorials for both teachers and students. I found a few glitches and don't know how to report them. I would like to see a place for feedback on each activity. I would appreciate an online chat in real time with tech who could help me troubleshoot while creating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SMART is perfect for learning facts, rules and definitions. I would like to see a more direct application for coding and learning problem solving. I like how it can be used in the art room to develop proficiency in art elements and principles. It would be awesome to develop more creative uses in art. Tutorials would help the students become familiar with the different attributes.

Interaction and engagement in the classroom are two very important strategies that are enhanced by this software. This could have huge impact on problem solving and critical thinking skills development in the classroom with more insightful activities.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about SMART for education
SMART for education review by Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

"How did I function w/o SMART 10 YRS ago???"

What do you like best?

I love that I can create of use flipcharts, or just use every day for ALL aspects of the day in my classroom. I also love that that SMART provides teachers a countless options to spruce up lessons with hands on buzzers and engaging visual and audio additions. I must also give a thumbs up to SMART LAB.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that sometimes I feel like there are too many options and they're hard to remember how to find specific tools when you need them.

Educators across the world have been given the tools needed to get(the majority of previously unresponsive) students to once again find joy in learning.

What Learning Management System (LMS) solution do you use?

SMART for education review by Administrator in Machinery
Administrator in Machinery

"Good product, Old technology"

What do you like best?

It is a nice interactive way for the teachers to bring the students' attention to the front of the room in a way that the chalkboard was failing to do.

What do you dislike?

It seems a little antiquated and at the end of the day, it really does just seem like a re-imagining of the chalkboard, not a new concept altogether.

I personally don't think the overall benefit outweighs the cost, in the classroom many times the boards are malfunctioning and at this point its a paper weight.

SMART for education review by User

"SMART software for the classroom "

What do you like best?

There are many different choices of products and different ways to use the interactive features with students. It allows my students to use things I have created, or found off SMART resource sights, to practice things "hands on".

What do you dislike?

The latest update does not work well, or in some cases at all, with flashplayer.

None, the county pays the licence fees yearly for all teachers to use.

SMART for education review by User in Higher Education

"Expensive for the use"

What do you like best?

Easy to draw and write on computer/board

What do you dislike?

Does not integrate with other platforms (Microsoft & Google)

Offers students a differentiated and technology-based way of learning.

Learning about SMART for education?

* We monitor all SMART for education reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.