Nearpod Reviews & Product Details

Nearpod Overview

What is Nearpod?

Nearpod allows teachers to make every lesson interactive with dynamic media and formative assessment.

Nearpod Details

With Nearpod, teachers get real-time formative assessment data and engage students with dynamic media, like video and virtual reality. They can tech-enhance their existing resources (PowerPoints, Google Slides, videos, and more!), download a pre-made lesson, or create their own activities.

Nearpod
2012
Aventura, FL
@nearpod

Answer a few questions to help the Nearpod community
Have you used Nearpod before?

Nearpod Reviews

Showing 79 Nearpod reviews
Already have Nearpod?
Senior Coordinator/Trainer for Teacher Professional Development
What do you like best?

Simple interface. Easy to learn and easy to use. Students like that they can access information and activities during class and on their own time. I like the formative assessment tools and the library of great resources that are provided for educators so you don't have to reinvent the wheel! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes students can get bored with the same old slideshows and activities. I wish there were some more choices when it comes to interactive activities. Some options to create your own widgets might be fun and allow more flexibility to adapt my lessons to a virtual format for students to engage with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have tried other platforms for online instruction this school year and have had trouble with Canvas or Blackboard or Google Classroom, this is the one you need! It is so much easier than those others and provides additional tools and interactivity. Even Kindergarteners are able to use this with ease! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy access to instructional content for students to access during class and on their own time. Students can work at their own pace, which is really great! With so many technology tools out there, this one is always reliable and students feel comfortable and confident with the interface. Sometimes sticking to what works, makes all the difference. This takes slideshows and virtual learning to a whole new level. Even if I can't see their faces engaged on the screen, I can monitor their work through Nearpod and make adjustments to my instruction accordingly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Nearpod
UP
What do you like best?

Ability to track participation and easily convert to grades (or not), integrates with Google Classroom, easy to use for students Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The extra tab open was a bit much for younger students. Elementary students can be adept at using technology but may need more supervision to complete all slides, get to the end of the presentation, etc. independently. This may work better in a supervised, synchronous environment, which I look forward to trying. The expiration of the link was also troublesome with students who don't "play well" with deadlines. :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Unless you've got older students, make sure they know how to use it and the expectations. I ran into trouble because they wanted to complete assignments late (which I should let them do), but then I had to go in and reactivate the link. I was learning it all, and having it all lined out ahead of time would have made thigns easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Distance learning can be a challenge because things are not as interactive as teachers would prefer. We want to be able to deliver instruction in a variety of formats, which is more possible with a platform like Nearpod where one can share videos, slides, websites, etc all on one topic, and intersperse a variety of assessment formats as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Education Management
What do you like best?

I love Nearpod's integration with Google slides, and that you can also make your own presentation within their software. When you send your Nearpod out to your students, the get to work on it on their own pace, and they can do the lesson multiple times. There are also some interactive features and linking to videos and other sites is quite simple. There is also a very extensive lesson library with lots of resources so that you do not need to reinvent the wheel. I also love that I can resume Nearpods later if we run out of time in class, and I do not need to start from the beginning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Often times a student cannot save in progress, so if they are working on an assignment and leave it, they must start all over again. The prices in the teacher resource center are quite high. There are some free resources, but many of them seem to be for staff development, and I would like to see more teacher created resources that are available free of charge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that you really go in and use it as much as possible during your free trial. Think of using it outside of the classroom, with staff meetings, and with clubs and teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Nearpod, I have been able to send lessons out to students that keep them engaged and allow them to work on their own time. When we were face-to-face in the classroom, my students with visual impairments loved having the exact same lesson that was projected available to them on their own device. I was also able to allow students to watch the video only on my projection, or on their devices (I recommend own devices only if they have headphones).

I really enjoy the use for my Visually Impaired Students, as well as those who just have to use their device, they have their device, but they are using it for learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Advanced Composition Teacher
What do you like best?

Nearpod allows for synchronous and asynchronous note taking. There are different ways for students to participate with one another in the notes and that allows for easy checks for understanding. Students can follow notes at their own pace, which allows for the teacher to check in with struggling students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike most about Nearpod is that it’s difficult to navigate on a smartphone which could cause an issue for student or teacher users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems solved have been student engagement with content and collaboration. Notes become more enjoyable. Presentations are also easily shared with colleagues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Special Education Teacher
What do you like best?

I absolutely love you can select from predesigned lessons that educators have shared across the board or even create your own! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find it can be time consuming creating your own lessons. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go through the library of already created lessons to save time and definitely check out the virtual field trips!!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to keep my students engaged and give them a plethora of information on a wide range of topics. The virtual field trips are definitely a benefit as it exposes them to so many places they wouldn’t otherwise see. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The systematic evaluation of the gamification 'Length to Ascend' is outstanding. I have used Nearpod in my physics class. It helped me learn more interactively where students could be communicating with the rest of the class from their Chrome book. I love to get it controlled or ride by the coach. I love that. It's also great for students who can't always see the main board in the classroom as they can either be the teacher or the beat on their own screens. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The cost if you want to upgrade to complete materials, and some features that are not available in student-run lessons. Since it loads the presentation. I can't even show myself alone on the main board without internet. The free trial limits what software I can create. It hasn't let me use some of the functions I want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The best app / network I've ever worked with and still developed. With this program, not all lessons would be changed but many would. Specially easy to share in physics as a class. Had a better idea of what you want before you jump in. Know that there are drawbacks to jumping in and beginning to play with the options. Students would enjoy it and be learning with you. Make sure that you are using the technology for what you need. Do not be afraid if you are not sure to give it a try. You'll be taken aback. You'll be taken aback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Engaging students as live or student-run workshops, as well as enhancing teacher professional development. Nearpod lessons are easy for the students to build and are very engaging. I worked closely with all my classmates, and engaged during the class in the lecture. Instead of asking individual students to share the whole class might participate and share. It also provided the conference with a bit of excitement, involving the students. That is completely perfect for students who work best in places where they can not see the screen. And keeping track of them is simple but then. It also offers students self-running lessons which may be quicker or take a little longer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technology Consulting Teacher
What do you like best?

Interaction ability. Nearpod offers objective questions, as well as open ended questions and creative answer choices. It also has a gaming ability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Just like anything, it can be overused. Or if you do not use the interaction part, students will become bored. Don't just throw your powerpoint into it - make it interactive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Virtual needs. Whether it is a completely virtual classroom or you need to do rotation station type activities with just a couple of devices, you can offer differentiated activities to your students or staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I love that it's easy to engage my scholars this way! Many of my students dislike speaking via zoom or are really hesitant and struggle with confidence. This way, they can submit responses; I choose whether or not to show them to the class; and I can give them a shout out if they are on the right track. Students are actively participating again, like they would in the classroom! I also love that I can post a link for my asynchronous students as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have none! The program is working very well and is easy to use for my students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can actually share Nearpod with Zoom, they have made it fairly easy to integrate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My students are actively engaged. I don't have to create two different lessons to reach all of my students, whether virtual or not. I also like that it helps me differentiate because students can move at their own pace. I can put students in breakout rooms if I want and discuss with each student as they progress through the assignment. Students can create within Nearpod also! That's a huge plus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

In my Algebra I classroom, I have used Nearpod in some math lessons. It helped me to learn more interactively where students could interact from their Chrome book with the rest of the class. I love that the instructor can regulate or ride this. I love that. It is also perfect for students who can't always see the main board in the classroom as it can still be on their own screens and be the teacher or pace. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not an choice often. Often, even though the presentation is loaded, our internet is useless. Without the internet, I can't even present alone on the main board. The free trial limits the software I can do. It didn't allow me to use some of the features I want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With this software not every lesson would be improved, but many could. It made sharing particularly easy in mathematics as a class. Before you jump in, get a better idea of what you want. Remember that BUT jump in and start to play with the options are limitations. Students are going to love it and work with you. Make sure you 're using this technology with what you need. Don't be afraid to try if you're not sure. You will be shocked. You will be shocked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I interacted nearby with all my students and took part in the lesson throughout the entire class. The entire class could contribute and share instead of asking specific students to share. It also brought a little atmosphere to the lecture and engaged the students. I used it with a "Transformation feature" lesson and the student wrote the transformation from their Chrome book and moved it as a class. For students who work best in areas where you can not see the board, that is absolutely wonderful. And it's easy to keep track of them, but then. It also offers self-paced lessons for students who could be quicker or take a bit more time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

eLearning Manager
What do you like best?

Nearpod is changing the way we teach and learn. The platform continues to break new ground and has a unique set of features which excel when used to meet learning outcomes. It can be used in any many applications across the teaching and learning portfolios and should be explored in all types of education. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nearpod only seems to be advertised for the younger students which tends to put staff training and higher education left out. However, the product is excellent across all age groups and there is a lack of acknowledgement on their advertising. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It has so much to offer once you understand how to change your teaching style. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have started to engage staff across the Faculty to begin to teach differently and to be able to move away from traditional lectures using PowerPoint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Teacher
What do you like best?

Nearpod allows me to give vocal lectures to my students while also showing them well-organized presentations as I would in a real classroom environment. It also allows me to quiz students on the lecture, and give them fun activities to do which in my personal experience always helps students learn. I also really like that many lectures are made by the community of teachers on Nearpod. It feels great to support them, and to contribute to many other teachers who are looking for lessons to engage their students. I really enjoy giving my students lectures that they enjoy, and it makes me feel good that despite the circumstances that the whole world is going through right now, they are still able to enjoy learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The user interface could be better, and there is no way for me to make sure all my students have done their assignments. I would like integration with google classroom as that would make it much easier to manage what my students are doing. Their programs are also a bit expensive, and it would be nice if the price was reduced slightly as everyone has taken a bit of a hit due to recent circumstances (also I work at a public school). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend them not to use Nearpod as an assessment software, as there are much better options out there for that, however, if they are looking for a way to engage their students and get them excited once again about learning over this rough time for everyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nearpod has allowed me to get closer to my students than with any other e-learning solutions. The built-in quizzes are wonderful to have, and my students have told me that the fun activities Nearpod offers lightens lots of the stress on them that has come since schools were closed. I have recommended Nearpod to lots of my colleagues, and they have enjoyed it as well, a friend of mine told me that she no longer has to deal with the stress of uploading 5 files to her google classroom a day, as she can now do all she was doing before in Nearpod. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that this can be self paced or teacher controlled. It's also great for kids that can't always see the main board in the classroom since it can be on their individual screens and still be teacher or individually paced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not always an option. Sometimes when our internet goes out even if the presentation is loaded already it is useless. I am not even able to present just on the main board without internet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a good idea of what you want before you jump in. Realize there are limitations BUT jump in and start playing with the options. The kids will love it and will work with you. Just be sure this technology will help you with what you need. If you aren't sure do not be afraid to give it a shot. You'll be surprised. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is absolutely awesome for kids that work better in spaces where they can't see the board as well. This makes it easy to keep them on track but in their own place. It also allows for self paced lessons for those kids that might be faster or need just a bit more time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ELA 11 &12 Teacher
What do you like best?

The ability for students to learn at their own pace. The videos and premade lessons. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With no instruction from where I work, I had a hard time adapting the students as the students enter from different devices and it takes a while to help them sign in- activate etc.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Once I get students to adjust, they seem to like them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mathematics Teacher
What do you like best?

I have used nearpod in a few math lessons in my Algebra I classroom. It helped me make a lesson more interactive, where students could interact with the rest of the class from their own chrome book. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have only used the Free Trial version, which limits what I can do with the software. It did not allow me to use some of the features I would have like to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not all lessons would be enhanced with this software, but many can. Especially in Math, it made sharing as a class easy to do Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nearpod allowed me to interact with all my students, and involve the entire class in the lesson. Instead of calling on specific students to share, the entire class was able to contribute and share. It also added some humor to the lesson, and kept students engaged. I used it with a lesson on "Transformations of Functions" and student drew the transformation on their chrome book, and then we scrolled through them as a class. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technogy Integration Leader
What do you like best?

Nearpod is an interactive program that lets students navigate what you have on the board instead of having it frozen for the kids to stare. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the limit on free storage. I hate that there is a cap and I have to pick and choose what to keep. There should be a separate storage for purchased items and generated items that are free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Student engagement for sure. Students are not bored and they have no time to be distracted because what shows on your dcreen can be shown in theirs; unless it’s a video that you want to be played on just your screen. Love the 360 degree feature! Taking kids to virtual field trips to places they have never seen before is an added bonus. You actually feel immersed. I really like that many programs can be integrated to NearPod. Sway, Powerpoint, Youtube can be added within. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The interactive features are the best features of Nearpod. The findings can also be communicated directly to the audience. These provide different forms of query to track comprehension. Various presentations with a paid membership are available at the branch. You can add games too. It is very user-friendly, intuitive and custom-made, very reliable, fast and convenient, as it takes less time to learn and work. This tool's providers are very reliable and react rapidly and collapse. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Presentations in near-pod can be difficult to do with several interactive apps. Some of the interactive components, such as games, often lag behind, which may cause frustrations to participants. Other people I've worked with found Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very positive and optimistic about my job by teaching and would also recommend that others use it to achieve better outcomes. It is very intuitive and enhances teacher-student communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Enhances the overall participation of students. It is difficult for them to argue that if the material is placed right in front of them, they can not see or are left out. I think it gives the students more lead in their learning than the teacher who present all the content. Students are active in the lesson with Nearpod. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

Works great with in class and remote learning Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not enough features like another company I use. Wish there were more options available to get responses from students. Cant switch from teacher controlled to student controlled in one slideshow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test this and Peardeck before making a decision Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Makes teaching remotely easier. I can see student responses to math problems and provide feedback Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

Nearpod is incredibly easy to use. There are many features that make engagement easy--collaboration boards, live polls, and easy ways to embed web content. It is also easy to edit--it just requires an add on. It is easy to do both live and self-paced presentations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can feel clunky when it comes to editing Nearpods--you must open up the actual base slide deck and the add-on extension. It would be nice if you could edit directly in Nearpod itself to make it easier to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend using Nearpod for increasing engagement with both students and adults! It makes collaboration easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nearpod helps us to make it easier for students and teachers to collaborate. It also makes adult presentations more interactive and collaborative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Computer Science Teacher
What do you like best?

I used Nearpod for the first time to show a presentation on Digital Citizenship. It was great to be able to incorporate polls and questions within the presentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I didn't like was it wasn't very easy to edit the presentation after I started the live presentation without losing the class code. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

NearPod allows me to create a presentation and have an interactive class in one location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I love that it is very interactive. Students are able to answer survey questions, add gifs to a screen, and all see responses right away. I also like that has an anonymous component. So students don't have to share their names. This helps improve participation especially with students who may be shy to participate. Lastly, I love that students can join with a code and don't have to download the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the silver user had more options in terms of the type of slides we can create. I know that paying for the higher account would help with that but it starts to get expensive. I think the reports for the polls can be explained better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

That it's a great tool if they are looking to make their class interactive and to increase student participation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to improve participation in my classes something that I always had an issue with. Since students can participate anonymously I'm notcing more are willing to participate. I also am making a class (like PS1) that would normally be considered boring to students a lot more fun and interactive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Teacher
What do you like best?

The best part about Nearpod is it gives some sense of a "real classroom" back to the students. You are able to present a slide show that can be student paced or you can lead them through it virtually. The part that sends this tool over the top is the fact that you can implement interactive components on each slide. There are questions, drawings, collaborations, polls, and games. My student's love Nearpod just as much as I do. You have to ability to deliver brand new content or use it as a review. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to think of many complaints. My one thought would be to update the race games to become more appealing to an older age group of students. A few new backdrops for the collaboration slides would be great as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to use Nearpod to watch my students work with information right before my eyes even though we are separated. It also gives the kids a sense of community because they are interacting with one another like they would in the real classroom setting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

The features and the Flocabulary and Flipgrid integration speak for itself. The 360 virtual field trips are amazing as well as asking questions on the fly and Google Slides integration. It let you create in Nearpod and also Google slides. If you have existing Goolge slides you an save them as Nearpods as well.

The gamification formal assessment 'Time to Climb' is great Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The cost if you want to upgrade to full content and some features not available in student paced lessons Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best app/platform I worked with and always evolving Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Engaging students as live sessions or student paced as well as streamline PD with teachers.

Nearpod lessons are easy to create and very engaging to students Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

NearPod creates the possibility for multimedia presentations to have an interactive component. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

NearPod has a user-friendly interface but has quite a learning curve in comprehending the different features it has. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am making multimedia presentations more interactive for students during their classes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Educator
What do you like best?

I used this platform when co-teaching middle school. I thought the interactive lessons that can be guided by the teacher were fantastic! It was very engaging for students with a variety of types of assignments, instruction methods to both accommodate needs of different learners while keeping them interested. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I felt that at times navigating the site and setting up a class activity as you wanted was somewhat confusing - but this could also be attributed to the fact that my co-teacher did most of the organizing of the lessons and I just need more experience/practice with it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Play around with it a bit before implementing to get a good feel for how to run it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Students are much more engaged in lessons on Nearpod than without, you can easily help self-pace the students who need it while also supporting individual students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.