Scaleway is a provider of servers in the cloud with a variety of impressive options, and their prices are in my opinion the best in the market.
* The services are billed in hours, which allows you to experience the platform at a reduced cost, as they only charge for the services used.
* Does not have Setup Fees or Termination Fees.
* They have cloud servers with ARM processors of 32 and 64 bits, with Intel 64 bits (both Atom and Xeon D), with capacities from 1 core to 64 cores for ARMv8 and 12 cores for Xeon D.
* They feature a variety of disk images with most of the most popular Linux flavors.
* All servers have SSDs, which can be increased in steps of 50GB.
* Support for IPv6 on all cloud servers.
* Backup option and snapshots
* Bandwidth from 100Mbit up to 5Gbits.
* A management console recently renewed, with outstanding ease of use.
* Its services can also be managed via API, which allows extreme automation.
* The services provided tends to be quite stable.
Apparently the Scaleway prices are very competitive because they separated the support level of the services provided, that is, if you want better support you must pay for it, however this does not mean that you do not have support from them, there is a plan BASIC support that is free, but your answer leaves much to be desired if the servers you manage are of critical availability.
* Being in the BASIC support plan may be inappropriate depending on the service availability you require.
* The support service only works during office hours (time zone of France)
* There is a strange limit to connect up to 15 storages of up to 150GB (each) to the cloud servers.
* There is no possibility to upload a disk image with a Linux flavor different from what was supplied.
If you are considering using the cloud services of Scaleway, I advise you to make an inventory of software requirements (flavors and versions of Linux, applications, services, control panels), hardware (type and amount of CPUs, amount of memory), and storage.
After having that inventory, use this to take the best selection of services, among the variety of Scaleway options, you should take into account especially the way in which storage is supplied to the cloud servers, maybe you should rely on file systems like Btrfs or similar.
An immediate benefit of Scaleway is that it charges in hours, so you can set up a lab, or a trial deployment that can test a couple of days without hiring the service for a month.
There are limits in the services that you can hire and use, take into account this, those limits can be extended by paying higher support plans, which also gives a faster and closer attention, of course you must add and take into account this cost when Calculate your TCO budget.
Scaleway represented a possibility to deploy an infrastructure in the cloud, quickly, versatile, fairly stable, sufficiently secure, at a very competitive cost.
Although we feel that your support is not the fastest on some occasions, and we have detected that very occasionally problems occur in the deployment of some of their technologies, adding the pros and cons, we decided to count them as a provider of cloud services.
We currently use your services for more than 66% of our entire operation, and we do not take it 100% because of a security policy that mandates not having all services with a single provider.