Rocket Languages

Rocket Languages system is based on both science and the practical success strategies that polyglots (people who speak 5 or more languages fluently) use, which practically guarantees your success.

Work for Rocket Languages?

Learning about Rocket Languages?

Rocket Languages Reviews

Showing 4 Rocket Languages reviews
Kelli A.

"Learning Hindi as a Native English Speaker (US English)"

What do you like best?

Where to begin?! The ability to test my pronunciation, not just for single words, but for entire phrases at once is very helpful. This is likely to be especially true for anyone who gets a bit tongue-tied when trying to speak a new phrase at a regular pace instead of super slow. The "cultural context" lessons are a fun way to put what you are learning into a cultural context to understand when/where to best use certain phrases and words. Having 5 different modes of testing after each module helps drill in what you've learned in a way that doesn't get stale a repetitive. I also love the length of the lessons. It isn't too much of a time commitment, but I still feel like it's been a really productive session.

What do you dislike?

The US-alphabet spelling of many of the words is simply too literal. When I am texting my in-laws, I'm not going to add "a" to the end of every other word. That would just be more confusing for all of us. I would say keep that in mind when learning to pronounce a new word, the US-English spelling of it will throw you off a bit. The "a" at the end is often silent. Much of the earlier two lessons are very formal and spend time learning words that are usually just spoken in English anyways.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If there are any minor glitches or crashes, reach out to support through the app. They are quick to respond and genuinely care about the use experience. Also, as with learning any new language...practice, practice, practice. Also, if the price (which is reasonable) is a deterrent, they have sales fairly regularly of up to 60% off.

In the context of business and not personal, Rocket Languages is an easy, convenient, and inexpensive way to get a new team member up to speed with a variety of languages. Although I'm learning Hindi, which also helps in conducting business transactions with overseas stakeholders, they have a variety of in-demand languages to choose from. In a matter of just a month or two, a new team member with 0% proficiency at the start should be able to easily relay the highlights of a report and also show respect to important clients by meeting them half-way language-wise.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Rocket Languages

"Free but not very helpful for my learning style"

What do you like best?

I was impressed that my local public library system granted me a free subscription and free access to the Rocket Languages courses of my choice.

The quizzes that they offer on the vocabulary you learned in that lesson are helpful. Anything that turns language learning into a game is a win for me. The fact that they offer an iOS app was very helpful as some of their web site features were glitchy when accessed on a tablet. The app has a nice layout and is easy to use. Also, it was specifically for iPad so it filled the entire screen. The narrator in the audio lesson was encouraging. It is helpful to be praised in the frustrating early stages of language acquisition. There are photos from Russia sprinkled throughout the Russian lessons. It brings the culture to life and is a good reminder why you are learning the language. I like that you can choose different types of lessons from within your module. You can choose an audio lesson, some quizzes, and some reading lessons or play sounds from the pronunciation guide. I get easily bored with learning. But the multiple components help switch things up and I can pick what I feel like doing.

What do you dislike?

The audio lessons are a bit unbalanced. The lessons in section 1 escalate quickly from being too easy to too hard. A typical lesson in section 1 starts with repeating easy words and then jumps into full sentences. The native speakers would speak an entire sentence. Then the narrator would ask you to repeat the entire sentence. Most of which was new vocabulary. Even though I already knew a bit of Russian from using four other Russian language courses, this was too hard. This might be because I’m not an auditory learner. I can repeat one or two unknown words at a time. I got frustrated and discouraged in each lesson because it was going too fast. As a result, I gave up on Russian Rocket Languages after completing about 10% of the module material. Although I appreciated that the audio lessons feature two native language speakers, the way they are introduced at the beginning of each and every lesson is a bit cringy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

See if your local public library system provides free access to subscriptions

In my opinion, this product is best used on an individual basis as there are not any collaborative features or ways to interact with other users. Perhaps future iterations will include interactive components

What Language Learning solution do you use?

Emperatriz C.

"It is a very useful tool to learn another language in a technical and fluid way!!!"

What do you like best?

Through this program you can learn in an easy and interactive way any language of interest, I love the options you have which are very educational and you can learn in a fun way and without getting bored, the modules are very complete and if you dedicate time you can get what you need , it really is a good option to learn.

What do you dislike?

What can be improved is that sometimes having online support was a bit difficult, however this was not a reason for me to stop using this tool which fulfilled my goals I was looking for.

In general, I can say that this tool has many good things and its operation is easy, helping us to learn what we want.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to learn a language quickly via online, as well as the demands of this global and modern world, having this tool is ideal, it is worth it because wherever you are you can use it and learn, it depends a lot on the delicacy of each one, but if it is used to the maximum we obtain what we are looking for and that is the most important thing.

For my work it was very useful to have invested in this tool since the search for the mastery of another language in a basic and technical way, this goal was achieved, because investing a little time could take full advantage of this tool, sincerely it was an excellent investment , it was worth having considered and using it.

Jesus C.

"rocket languages the best site to learn a new languages"

What do you like best?

i love the web design of your page, and as user , rocket languages have the languages that i love like english( everyone need to learn it), french and german, i suggest i would like to see a course of russian.

What do you dislike?

a little suggest is the price of each courses, but the courses are realy good. and put the price of the courses in a local money for each user register in your pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

update your courses with other languages like russian, chinnese or Japanese

i learn and improve my english in a good way, my pronunciation increase and i lose the fear to talk a other person . the business problem that rocket languages resolve me is the capacity of design web pages in two languages, this expand my clients.

There are not enough reviews of Rocket Languages for G2 to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Rosetta Stone Logo
Rosetta Stone
Rosetta Stone is dedicated to changing the way the world learns. The company's innovative, technology-driven language, literacy and brain-fitness solutions are used by millions of individuals and thousands of schools, businesses, government organizations around the world.
Duolingo Logo
Duolingo
4.7
Learning with Duolingo is fun and addictive. Earn points for correct answers, race against the clock, and level up. Duolingo's bite-sized lessons are effective, and we have a study to prove it.
OpenSesame Logo
OpenSesame
4.0
OpenSesame provides an eLearning solution that helps train organizations of any size.
Lingvist Logo
Lingvist
Lingvist is a language learning platform that provides courses that teach words in their order of relevance, i.e. based on how often they’re actually used in a given language, in order to decrease the time required to learn a new language.
Mango Languages Logo
Mango Languages
4.0
Language learning software for the adventurous, the ambitious and the curious.
Memrise Logo
Memrise
Memrise makes learning languages and vocab so full of joy and life, you’ll laugh out loud.
busuu Logo
busuu
busuu - the free language learning community
Babbel Logo
Babbel
Babbel is everything you need to speak, write, and understand a new language. Learn what you want, when you want - on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
Open English Logo
Open English
4.0
Open English provides online English school in Latin America and in the U.S. Hispanic market. The company was founded in 2007 to reinvent the way to teach English, while meeting needs of today’s busy professionals. The online school offers personalized, live classes 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with teachers who are all native English speakers.
Voxy Logo
Voxy
Voxy is an online English solution providing organizations with an adaptive language curriculum.

Learning about Rocket Languages?

* We monitor all Rocket Languages reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.