Babbel for Business Reviews & Product Details

Babbel for Business Overview

What is Babbel for Business?

Babbel for Business has been offered since 2017. Over 400 companies from various industries use Babbel for Business as part of their professional development programs — as formal or casual training initiatives, team incentives or benefits. Choose from 14 languages featuring lessons in both business and casual situations. Babbel is flexible to support the needs of specific business goals, or to allow learners to explore what interests them. - The most efficient way to a multilingual team - Online language courses for the globalized future - Learning professionally with the market leader - Increase cooperation, productivity and innovation

Babbel for Business Details
Danish, German, English, French, Indonesian, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish

Babbel for Business is everything you need to speak, write, and understand a new language. Learn what you want, when you want - on your computer, tablet or smartphone.

Babbel
2007
Berlin, Germany
@babbel

Babbel for Business Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Babbel for Business community
Have you used Babbel for Business before?

Babbel for Business Reviews

Showing 11 Babbel for Business reviews
Already have Babbel for Business?
Freelance Video Editor
Higher Education
What do you like best?

The ease of use and explanations. I also enjoy the variety of learning activities. It is great because it provides visual pictures with words so those who learn in different ways, whether it be visual, spelling, etc, will have great opportunities to benefit from the product. It was super fast to sign up as well, and get started. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The words being learned are very basic, and it misses the pronunciation piece that I believe is key when learning the language. For example, bye is written as Chao, and this the exclamations are listed with the word, but the exclamations are not explained. I don't feel the software should give the full history or reasoning, but pieces would be helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go over the content necessary to understand pronunciations and explain accents and exclamations prior. There are so many things that make this language unique and it would be great to have this implemented prior to using babbel. As of not, I did not see any videos on the content through babbel that could be used to do this. Also, flash cards, and some content to student outside of the content would be a great tool and go hand in hand with the learning process. Not everyone learns the same way, so if you are requiring it of an employee, look for ways to balance the learning for everyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A new way to refer clients and students to freshen up and build up their language skills. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graduate Teaching Assistant
Higher Education
What do you like best?

The modules are great and the variety of languages is amazing! I started with Turkish because at the time the Turkish lessons in Duolingo were still in development. It continues to be a great additional (paid) resource if you are looking for a second set of lessons to accompany and build on duolingo. The interface in the app and online are great, as is the customer service! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are really no complaints except that if you are just doing it for fun and are learning a common language like Spanish or french, duolingo is a much better (read cheaper) option. That said, the range and the quality of the exercises are unparalleled. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great pair to duolingo or the first place to go if your target language is not available there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Learning a language. This is a great resource for getting conversational language skills built up quickly and in gaps in my day where I need something productive to do! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Service Desk Technician
Higher Education
What do you like best?

I like that Babbel is a language learning software that is purchased via subscription and is available via computer and mobile app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about it thus far, except the voice recognition software could be better. However, that is the case with much of the voice recognition used in technology today; with that being said it is definitely on par with the other voice recognition software's. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely try it!! It is affordable and is a great asset if you are trying to learn another language! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am learning Spanish so I can better serve people within my community. I live in Texas and it is a valuable asset to be able to understand and communicate with Spanish speaking people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Plant Controller
What do you like best?

I love how I can learn a new language, on my phone, on my own time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how each lesson costs. I am using an app right now that allows me to learn German without having to pay. If I fail a lesson, they either ask for me to pay for more energy, or I have to wait four hours until my life is full again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I did love Babbel, but I was just looking for something cheaper, and even more user friendly. Great product, and I wouldn't mind trying it out again eventually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I did learn a bit of German with Babbel, which in turn, has helped in my everyday life, and also in my present and future travels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Special Education Teacher
What do you like best?

The fast paced approach keeps students engaged and not bored. If a student is more advanced or picking up on an area quicker, they are able to skip through once they have mastered the information, without having to slow down to wait for other students. There are a variety of sections, which is great instead of just vocabulary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Voice recognition is not great, but certainly workable. Having some of the sections not graded makes it difficult for students to know how they did, without them printing and giving to their teacher. Offering a service where there is some teaching assistance would be great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Providing the fee for all students can be challenging, but it's a great resource if that is available. Students moving at their own pace is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how interactive the app is and the ease of use. I like how it can mimic real-life conversations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, it's a great app! I wish that it were free, but you definitely get what you pay for! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking to learn a language quick and learn conversational/modern language, this app will do the trick! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Language learning for languages not offered on campus for study abroad programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Corporate Account Executive
Internet
What do you like best?

Easy to use on mobile or desktop. Ability to skip the beginner and even intermediate stuff and work on more advanced learning. Includes a variety of question types, writing sections, listening sections, fill in the blank, etc. Reasonably priced- if you create an account but don't buy right away, wait a few days and you will soon get an email offer for buy 3 months, get 3 free, or something of the sort. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the writing sections were actually graded/corrected. I never fully know how good or bad what I've written is. I also wish there were more listening sections where the words aren't also scripted out- I'd like to be able to test my comprehension without assistance. I also wish there was a way to label a word as fully learned or something like that so they stop coming up and I focus more on the phrases I'm more likely to forget. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want more than the beginner basics, Babbel is a great tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's easy to practice a little each day. It had been several years since I used my French and Babbel is helping wrestle it back to the forefront of my mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Special Education Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education
What do you like best?

I really like Babbel’s ease of use. My students use it and can also use it on their chrome books. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the setup process. I wish it would let me create classes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps with language! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

No need to create an account in order to start learning a new language. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet stands out--at the beginner level, I haven't found any deficits.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's a quick and easy way to learn a new language for travel (i.e., right before an international trip). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Media Producer
Financial Services
What do you like best?

I like that it's fast paced. Most people might think it's going too fast, and exposing you to many new words all at once, but you will see they are actually just focusing on about 8 at a time. Exposing you to the other words is good practice. I also liked that they have many specialized courses, such as beginner, 1, 2, 3, so on and do forth, but even a course specializing in clothes, or travel, or numbers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the audio was able to slow down so you can hear each syllable. That is a feature I've used in other language learning sites and was very helpful. It also doesn't offer an e-tutoring or live help which can be very needed when you have a question or don't grasp something. Other language learning sites do this. But I guess for the great price, you can't have everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely for fast learners. Beginners should also use the beginner course, do not skip ahead. It's also nice that you can sample the courses before you choose to buy. Download the app so you can carry lessons on the go. They are available for Android and IOS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The price is very competitive and they offer many pricing options. a 3 month, 6 month or year long subscription that makes it very affordable on any budget. The app is very helpful to take lesson with you, which comes in handy when youre just watiting at the airport. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I like that you can try for free first to see what the lessons are like before making a decision to subscribe (full access). The way the lessons are structured, also makes learning easy and fast, I was able to grasp a whole lot in less than a week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think iit lacks some sort of feed back system, besides that, nothing at all Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A great place to begin learning a foreign language and there are very affordable plans depending on your preference Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I learn some german in my free time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.