Rival IQ

Rival IQ provides analytics and competitive insight to digital marketers.

Work for Rival IQ?

Learning about Rival IQ?

Rival IQ Reviews

Ask Rival IQ a Question
Showing 33 Rival IQ reviews
Linda R.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Rival IQ
Crystal O.

"Must-have in social intelligence"

What do you like best?

Everything about this product is necessary. See when your competitors boost a post, see when they are receiving unusual attention, and get email alerts when you are doing particularly well (or badly for that matter).

I only have one recommendation - summarized customer sentiment would be a wonderful addition to this platform. e.g. if I've had a month where customers were angry at or disappointed in my brand, it would be important. So some smarter analytics based on aggregate data would be highly valuable in this reagrd.

What do you dislike?

There's absolutely nothing. I suppose to fill this out I could do with a little more control over our white labeling options. Oh and there is one more thing - sometimes when downloading reports they fail and I have to keep trying. Rival IQ needs to be a bit more clear about their server statuses at any given point in time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you can afford this product - don't sleep on it. It's a very useful platform for any size of business. It inspires you to do more and keep up with, then surpass, your toughest competitors.

We're finding out insights into the social performance and wellbeing of our brand and our customers' brands. It's a new, clean way of seeing data that summarizes it in a very useful format. Get your reports in .pdf or .ppt, but both formats end up equally beautiful.

What Social Media Analytics solution do you use?

Elise O.

"Easy to use tool to gauge your org against competitors"

What do you like best?

I can easily and quickly see how my org stacks up to competitors. Also, I can set up custom reports and custom alerts that notify me of what my competition is doing in real-time. Additionally, the interface is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I would like to customize reporting even further, but I think they are working on this.

It saves time and energy. We can use one dashboard to get all the info needed on competitors at one time. We can benchmark against goals and against competitors.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Extremely Valuable Social Tool"

What do you like best?

Our team loves the ability to enter competitive handles and track performance across the landscape. The charts available have been very helpful to the clients.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing that I dislike about this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a look at the tiered packages they offer when deciding what your client really needs. They offer a monthly fee instead of a full year, so this could be a way to sell it in to clients as a trial if they currently don't use any tools or are hesitant.

One of the biggest benefits that we have found is the ability of Rival IQ to use machine learning to identify which posts our competitors are likely boosting with paid dollars. This helps us make a case to clients to continue to utilize paid and also helps inform our overall strategy.

Aimee L.

"Good Competitor Reporting"

What do you like best?

Rival IQ allows you to track your competitors' social media accounts and compare your progress with them.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to be able to see the reach data of our company's social media as well as the data that is used to compare to competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The software is not your typical social media reporting software. It does not have reach data for example, it only has public data so that you can compare to your competitors.

We are using Rival IQ to track our social media engagement against our competitors. It has helped us create benchmarks for progress based on what our competitors are doing.

Drew B.

"Amazing product for aggregated digital and social analytics, monitoring, and reporting."

What do you like best?

Product functionality, roadmap, and continual updates to the platform. Their platform is incredibly robust and they are constantly rolling out new features, updates, and advanced reporting and analytics.

What do you dislike?

Rival IQ has built in some amazing integrations with social platforms. It's been tremendous to compare multiple accounts in aggregate and against competitors. Their original custom reports section was not very robust, but they have made big improvements lately that have made their custom reporting really great. My only feedback would be for continued work on custom reporting and dashboards, which I believe they are still working on.

We use Rival IQ for competitive tracking and tracking our portfolio companies. Rival IQ made it easy for us to aggregate social and digital monitoring across multiple channels and companies into simple, easy reporting. Rival IQ is also really beneficial in helping us determine what content is working and not working on our social channels and where we can find the most value in our content.

Fernando D.

"Great Service...but way too expensive"

What do you like best?

Landscape comparison is the best feature that RivalIQ has, with that you can see at once how your brand is doing in relevant terms against competition

What do you dislike?

Rival IQ prices are out of the market, and even worst they do not respect previous agreement with loyal users that have been with them for years.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look for other options before committing to an annual plan, it is way too expensive compared with other options. Other options may not be as complete as RivalIQ's but the price will be beter

Mostly customer reports about our performance as an agency

"Great social analytics tool!"

What do you like best?

Robust for social analysis (both for your own client/website but for competitors too), but there's some pretty cool stuff in the "web" section. The alerts give you a list of the changes to your property or that your competitors have gone through, including updates to titles/descriptions, social bio updates, breakout social posts (ie highly engaged-with content), and another report even gives you a snapshot every week of a particular website so you can see changes over time.

What do you dislike?

The SEO section is pulling in data from the SEMRush and Moz API's and if you already have access to these tools, it's not as helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Rival IQ seems to do everything well, but doesn't specialize in one particular aspect of social media monitoring or anlaytics. If you're looking for a specific use case, you might want to go elsewhere.

We needed a social analytics and listening tool that integrated insights for clients and their competitors. Rather than pull data from multiple sources, we can just visit the dashboard of Rival IQ.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great tool for high level competitor insights in the social space"

What do you like best?

I like to be able to easily track my competitors social pages in an easy dashboard and set it up with the information I need. I also like that I can incorporate my FB ads manager into the platform to pull owned ad data in.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see more functionality with ads from competitors. I know this is not realistic but it would be nice is FB ever opened that up. Also engagement rates are calculated very different than the actual platforms making it difficult to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for any easy way to compare your social platforms against competitors or dig into specific companies for new business it's a great tool. Keep in mind it is only pooling what in on the social page and does not incorporate ad buys from competitors.

Competitive analysis for multiple brands as well as new business pitches.

Doug L.

"Excellent social/digital analytics tool!"

What do you like best?

Benchmarking our clients' performance (we are a small digital agency) against their peers, competitors and others in their "landscape" is amazingly useful and easy.

What do you dislike?

I wish "self-reporting", meaning reporting on one client for that client, were easier and more comprehensive. You can isolate a client by tagging them (or others) but the whole concept of landscape falls apart in a one company profile.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for comparing one organization's digital presence against others. Not so great for one organization tracking its own progress against itself.

With RivalIQ we can show clients how they "stack up" on social/digital against their peers or competitors. This is certainly an important part of our strategic planning and counsel. Plus we can benchmark progress against our goals for the client.

UF
User in Food & Beverages

"RivalIQ makes our data gathering so much easier"

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily see spikes in our competitors social networks and make a good guess as to what caused the spike and replicate on our channels. We are able to easily track growth across platforms, assigning value to certain campaigns in an efficient way. Tracking brands that have the same target audience as us allows us to really understand our customer interests outside our product offering. Then we get to promote similar lifestyle experiences and content, knowing that it will be appreciated by our followers. Since using Rival IQ we have grown our total social reach by more then 150%.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything. The only thing I would want is to integrate a posting feature like Sprout Social so we can switch to using one single platform for posting, tracking, mulitplatform response and analytics. Adding in new platforms in the future will be critical - periscope / snapchat.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will save you so much time aggregating data.

The ability to have all my necessary data in one place.

Peter K.

"Excellent for Competitor Research and Impressing Clients"

What do you like best?

Its value comes in its competitor research. You can easily see the campaigns they're running as well as their top posts.

What do you dislike?

The price unfortunately, the monthly price is steep for small companies. Also for this price, it feels more like an additional than a stand-alone product. There are some metrics and integrations I would like to see more of to show our clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it for competitive research as well as hashtag research. Being able to search a custom date range is also helpful on the paid version. This is extremely helpful when pitching clients as well.

Performance of our current campaigns and also viewing what our competitors are doing.

AC
Agency in Computer Software

"Get Ahead Of Your Competition"

What do you like best?

I love being able to see what my competitor's social media campaigns are looking like with a capture in an instant.

New features and the ease of use are huge for me.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see improvement on the dashboard. I would also like the chat box removed at the lower corner. It would be nice to have that out of my way of the dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give Rival IQ a shot! They are an amazing company with a great product!

Time. I am saving the most valuable resource I have...time. The benefits I have realized is that it is important to watch your competitors and see what additional value you can give to your clients and prospects which they are either dropping the ball on or have not considered.

Amir F.

"Awsome!"

What do you like best?

Rival IQ is a complete service for benchmarking on social media. You get all the info in one place, compare them and all that with an awsome price, it fits in most agencies budget. And what is very cool, you talk directly to the CEO.

What do you dislike?

At the moment there is nothing I dislike in the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need an easy to use service, to get all your data together (and data form your competitors) and then use them to Social Media Intelligence, I recommend this for you.

We are using it for benchmarking. It´s very easy to have your own insights with the data so well organized into beautiful dashboards. I really think that this solution is cheaper than it should be (I am serious), I have tested many others more expensive than this and they didnt do what Rival IQ does.

Alan M.

"An excellent product, backed by superb service. Just perfect!"

What do you like best?

The product is perfect for my needs, allowing me to measure the performance of my brand against key competitors.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I like dislike. Even the 8 hour time difference is not a real issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk to them. You'll be impressed.

Get a free trial at a time when you can devote a few hours to understanding what it can do for you. You'll be even more impressed.

Knowing how my brand is performing in social media against key competitors.

Having access to the data has made me up my game, and helped me improve the brand's position substantially.

Ahmed H.

"Must use for smart and busy marketers"

What do you like best?

The dashboards are very smart and easy to use

Rate of adding more features

Social Ranking

weekly alerts on landscape performance

They have no limit on adding/removing companies to landscape during the month unlike most of other services.

What do you dislike?

High price. Although it's reasonable related to similar services.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When u have a problem or want a help, always contact their customer support they're very responsive and always seeks happiness of customers.

With RivalIQ, I'm capable of rapidly listen and monitor competitors activities on social and digital landscape while smartly create cross-channel reports of my clients' activities on digital landscape.

Ellen G.

"The best platform you've never heard of"

What do you like best?

RivalIQ gives us the chance to benchmark our social media efforts against our competitors. We're able to see what is working for our peers, who's doing what, and allows us to export our findings in workable form (powerpoint, pdf, etc),

What do you dislike?

Not much...I wish it would allow you to benchmark more than just social.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a shot, you'll be amazed by what you can learn about your own efforts by watching your peers.

We're able to see where we stand versus our peers and be more effective with our social efforts.

Chris M.

"Great social media competitor review software"

What do you like best?

Great reporting, great features, always updating.

What do you dislike?

Lack of Snapchat data (although not RivalIQs fault)

Competitor analysis social media analytics

Brett S.

"Would be more helpful with LinkedIn"

What do you like best?

Easy to read stats. Easy to navigate dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Does not gather LinkedIn data. Not their fault, but the only platform we care about.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great as long as you don't need LinkedIn data.

Most of our customers are on LInkedIn so that is where I am really looking for engagement. What I have found working with RivalIQ is that their product does not meet my needs, through no fault of their own.

"Great Engagement Analytics"

What do you like best?

Shows our top posts as well as our competitions. We can see what we're doing that's different vs what they are doing.

What do you dislike?

Only has engagement analytics and not reach or impressions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Include other analytics besides engagement. Include reach, impressions, ads vs organic posts

What content works for us

What our benchmark is for engagement rate etc

Our social growth every month

Evan D.

"The only competitive owned social analytics tool you'll ever need."

What do you like best?

I can't say enough good things about Rival IQ.

Phenomenal interface.

Phenomenal customer service.

Phenomenal human-assisted automation.

Phenomenal product vision and direction.

Solves tons of problems - from quick insight into the 3 main metrics for social media (audience, activity, engagement), to rapid report development.

They're working on marrying all digital analytics into one platform, such as SEO and paid search advertising analytics - they've got a start at this with some Moz and SEMRush data in the platform.

What do you dislike?

The interface has some work needed, just in the sense that there are too many great things to do with it and it's hard to find where to do them. But this will be fixed soon I'm told.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The founders, John, TA and two others, are incredibly involved and ready to talk with you. Don't hesitate to chat with them. They have made so much time available for us and continue to surprise me with their care, attention and drive to take over the market for social analytics with this product.

DO NOT USE SIMPLY MEASURED. Or quintly. Or anything else, really. Those are priced way too high or way too annoyingly for agency or even major brand purposes.

Rival IQ has simple pricing. They're awesome people. It's an incredible product. I know giving full scores to everything seems fishy, but there is nothing better and there is really nothing bad I have to say about it.

Social marketers everywhere need quick insight into performance, especially compared to their industry and competitors. Franchises need to see a ton of social properties at once. Social marketers don't have much time, and manually finding URLs to competitors' social networks is annoying (Rival IQ does it automatically when you type in a competitor's website). Rival IQ solves ALL of these and more.

Jay B.

"The data you need, fast, easy, and affordable"

What do you like best?

I love these guys. Excellent social media, SEO, content marketing data (especially competitive data) that is very easy-to-use and affordably priced. Also a very responsive team. Quick to answer questions, explain product updates, etc. It's not as full-featured as some of the other solutions in this space, but the value to price ratio is unbeatable. (disclosure: investor in this company)

What do you dislike?

UX and UI not quite where it needs to be yet. Don't have access yet to the full complement of social channels.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a massive, enterprise-grade solution, you might look at TrackMaven, SocialBakers, SimplyMeasured. But for mid-market these guys have a great QPR.

Lots of use cases for RivalIQ, but in my company we mostly use it to find best-performing social media content from among a competitive set. Very helpful in tailoring social editorial calendars and content plans.

"Rival IQ Capabilities"

What do you like best?

You can see how your social posts compare to your competitors with one click. Their charts and data make for easy viewing and analyzing by you and your client.

What do you dislike?

There is a limit on the amount of competitors you can insert at each price point.

We are able to streamline a lot of data pulling while at the same time learning valuable insights about our clients in comparison to the rest of their industry and market.

Olga A.

"Rival IQ is one of the most important tools in my social media toolkit"

What do you like best?

Knowing what your competitors are up to is crucial for every marketer. Rival IQ was is an absolute must-have. It allows you to compare your business with your competitors. It also allows you to see the size of their networks, their posting frequency, and their progress compared to yours. This data helps you do better job on your own social media channels and win a larger audience in the future. And it actually tells every social media marketer about their own success and their input. I absolutely love:

1. Growth reports (where you see the changes during the set date range)

2. Email notifications (I don't have time to check Rival IQ daily, yet I get notifications when some post in my landscape performed significantly better than the others. + I see which of my posts were great compared to others)

What do you dislike?

Don't have any dislikes about this tool)) there is always a room for improvement and they can add other social networks like Pinterest. Data for a wider date range would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

set up landscapes not only with your direct competitors, but also other landscapes with companies that post similar content that you do, see what works for them.

this tool is not only about direct competition, it's great to track how you grow compared even to some bigger brands. you can be amazed at how well you work and also show those results to your management.

Competitor research is essential for me, I want to know what my competitors are up to, what their audience likes best. I also clearly see how brands position themselves on social media and get notified when they change their description. Knowing how others present themselves it's easier to differentiate and we've eveloped our own voice and strategy also with the help of Rival IQ.

Steve C.

"Exceptional offering and service"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, responsive team and service level, simply to teach to team

What do you dislike?

So far, very little. It's a solid offering at a very reasonable price

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it now, before the price hikes!

Data collection and analysis for our clients competitors in a way that would take us days to collate manually

Ashley B.

"Great tool for competitive analysis"

What do you like best?

The tool does a great job of visualizing data and comparing brands.

What do you dislike?

Wish it had more in-depth data on LinkedIn

Social, SEO and SEM competitive analysis. We were doing a lot of this analysis manually but RivalIQ helps pull it all together quite easily.

Pauline R.

"Brilliant product. Brilliant service"

What do you like best?

Easy to use but oh, so powerful. Makes sense of all the real world social data and presents it in such a way that we can deliver a great service to OUR customers.

It would be hard to give our clients the service they want without Rival IQ

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything to dislike - it's a great product with useful new features on a regular basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out - you'll be amazed!

Gathering data for our clients which then informs their strategy. We've saved a mass of time and have more to show for it.

"Great tool for benchmarking your social performance."

What do you like best?

I really like how clear and easy to use the platform is. The downloadable PDFs and Powerpoint formats are also very useful. The way the numbers are presented are very easy to understand, even for those not familiar with social media.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could export the raw data as a CSV or excel file.

To benchmark and easily measure our social performance.

Steve B.

"Crazy effective."

What do you like best?

The ability to benchmark your clients against competitors and know what it takes to consistently be more effective.

What do you dislike?

I don't like tomatoes and sweet potatoes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have clients ever questioning social, show them this.

The people that are blind to social and its effectiveness. You can not argue against actual data.

Arif Cemil O.

"Simple, useful and Very good!"

What do you like best?

Simplicity on usage, great insights and suberb product support.

What do you dislike?

Missing Facebook Page insights local data (instead global)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try. On trial period you will fall in love with...

Detailed reports on Social Media insights of our clients and their competitors.

Making sure clients understand what is working and what is not.

Louisa L.

"Exceptional"

What do you like best?

The data provided is both accurate and is presented in a comprehensible and report-ready way. I can hone in on competitor's content as well as my own and compare side-by-side. The team is also incredibly involved.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, they don't take Pinterest into account.

Rival IQ has helped save massive amounts of time by compiling the social channels of all our competitors, potential investors and more in one place. I've been able to better understand and serve our own audience by better understanding our competitors.

Kelly T.

"RivalIQ has been key to our strategic decision making"

What do you like best?

We use RivalIQ to organize and monitor our competitive landscape. For each indirect or direct competitor we know about or discover, they are added into RivalIQ, tagged and then we receive email alerts and can build report based on activity like Twitter engagement. I really like how the analysis is relative to your own company.

What do you dislike?

Single user app today, needs support for team members.

By segmenting and organizing our competition in landscapes, we are able to strategize better as a team.

AR
Agency in Renewables & Environment

"Free trial + Visual Graph "

What do you like best?

The visual graph it can generate is really powerful. You can add your competitors to compare the social performance with those of yours.

Free trial can give Rival IQ an opportunity as well as our business one to test

What do you dislike?

The solution part is not as strong as the analysis part.

Doing competitive analysis

Learning about Rival IQ?

* We monitor all Rival IQ reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.