PRWeb Reviews & Product Details

What is PRWeb?

PRWeb transformed the "press release" from an expensive tool used by large corporations to an inexpensive yet highly effective way for organizations of all sizes to distribute their news on the Internet, increase their visibility online and attract customers.

PRWeb Screenshots

1-25 of 122 total PRWeb reviews

PRWeb Reviews

1-25 of 122 total PRWeb reviews
Communications Manager

"A news distribution outlet that is a good value for most of our releases"

What do you like best?

Using PRWeb is rather easy and we can get in touch with a sales or support person without much difficulty. I've used PRWeb for some time now and like how they continue to expand the types of media outlets that they reach. The world of news distribution and content publishing is always changing and growing, so it's nice to be able to look to a service like PRWeb to get our important company news out to the media and other sources that can display our news for the most interested and relevant parties.

What do you dislike?

With all of the do-it-yourself news distribution methods today like publishing on Twitter, blogs and through mass emails, it can be rough to shell out the money needed to get some of the releases out through PRWeb. I would say that it can certainly be a good value, especially when there is important news that needs to go out, but the cost is also more on the higher side.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For companies that have a decent corporate communications budget to draw from, I think it's a no-brainer to at least consider PRWeb as a news distribution medium. Much of the mainstream media seems to be connected in some way to PRWeb, so you'll be able to hit many outlets without having to spend much time setting things up.

My company has been able to get news out quickly and to relevant sources for efficiently with PRWeb. We have benefited from PRWeb's custom targeting tools that allows us to reach people that we actually want to reach rather than just dumping our news out there. At the same time, there are times when we like to get certain news out to a more general audience, so PRWeb's large reach allows us to do that, which can sometimes gives us attention from media corners we didn't consider would have interest.

Marketing & Publiuc Relations Manager

"PRWeb gives my company the ability to craft a compelling story and reach target audiences."

What do you like best?

I think that PRWeb is so easy to use and that it pinpoints and influences our target audiences to digest my clients’ news releases. PRWeb allows clients’ news to be delivered to thousands of websites and relevant reporters and journalists, as well as a variety of social media networks.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes I don’t believe my clients receive adequate coverage across their desired news outlets. I believe PRWeb allows their news to be syndicated but I am not always sure it’s reaching the specified outlets that they’d like.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

PRWeb is very easy to use and I recommended you take advantage of their customer support team since they assisted me in choosing the relevant lists for news releases.

With PRWeb, my company is solving the common goal and objective of several of our clients and that is of brand awareness. We’ve seen significant improvements in lead generation and traffic to their website.

Sales and Marketing Associate

"A news distribution resource we can generally count on to reach people"

What do you like best?

It's fairly simple to get our press releases uploaded and distributed. There are many option for us when it comes to targeting news outlets. I like that we can send our releases to traditional corporate media and also blogs and other new media outlets. We can also get our news in front of social media outlets, which gives it a chance at being picked up throughout popular platforms like Twitter. Even though the amount of outlets that pick up our news is always uncertain, it's great to know that our news will be published and accessible on the PRWeb website.

What do you dislike?

The high prices are definitely not something I like. Though it can be valuable for us to distribute our news this way, the return on investment isn't always there since our news often does not significantly get picked. I feel that though PRWeb does have a good reach and can be a dependable way to at least make your news available for those that are searching for it, I don't PRWeb really does much except blast our news out in an automated way without really pushing it meaningfully.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

PRWeb has been a traditional new distribution service and can be trusted to put your news out there for the media sources your interested in. However, you should understand that there is a ton of news circulating every second, on PRWeb and elsewhere, so you can't depend too much on PRWeb by itself to generate interest in your story.

When we need to put news out, PRWeb gives us a platform that can put it in front of many professional media eyeballs to be picked up. Even if it doesn't get picked up, we like to have our news available to access. Putting our news out on PRWeb also helps us to gauge organic interest in the news. If it is naturally interested to some parties, then we feel PRWeb is a reliable place for our news to be found. If there is little interest in our news, then we at least know where it stands and we can push or restrain other promotional campaigns accordingly.

Account Executive

"Reliable, Versatile Press Release Distribution"

What do you like best?

Sometimes too many options is an issue, but PR Newswire does it right. They have just enough distribution options, and just enough variations of those options to find the right fit for clients and the type of announcement.

More specifically, the PR Web web-only distribution option is an excellent way to get an announcement out and leave a digital bread crumb for clients without breaking the bank.

What do you dislike?

Many of PR Newswire’s options can get expensive quickly, which might be fine for larger clients, but not ideal if you’re working with start-ups. It’s important to be aware of this and ensure you’re in-tune to the client’s needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely research all options to ensure it’s the right product for you and your clients

While the “traditional” press release is sometimes classified as obsolete, it is essential in this internet age to leave a digital bread crumb (in the form of a press release) whenever a company has a funding round, notable partnership, etc., to build media presence over time.

Account Executive

"PR Web a good value for the money"

What do you like best?

PR Web releases are a quick affordable way to get press out to a wide selection of media websites.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a bit clunky. The categories for press distribution are limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a cheap option for an SEO release, this is a good company to use. It may take you a bit to figure out distribution and categories, but overall it does a good job. Plus you get a nice report after the blast to share with clients and use for tracking purposes.

There are other options that offer greater distribution but the cost is substantially more and rarely worth it in my opinion.

We are getting more SEO value for our clients by getting their news onto trusted websites nationally.

Account Coordinator

"A reliable platform for getting your company news launched"

What do you like best?

PRWeb has a wide reach that greatly broadens our potential viewership. We are assured that our news will at least be available for viewing by many media outlets that matter to us. The process of uploading, distributing and tracking results is relatively quick and streamlined within the PRWeb system. We can receive data on where our news release is being published and get a solid figure on clicks and views. PRWeb also covers bloggers, social media and other newer media outlets.

What do you dislike?

The price for one release is rather high compared to putting out social media posts or sending out emails. Though PRWeb has evolved to a degree to account for the media in the modern internet age, the overall system still seems somewhat lacking in terms of distribution reach and detailed analytics.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Though PRWeb has been around a while, it can still be a solid medium for distributing your news so that there's a good chance it can be found. You can at least know where your news organically stands and then adjust your further media push accordingly.

We use PRWeb to release our news on a platform that is commonly viewed by distinguished media outlets. Even if our news doesn't get picked up right away, we like to have our bases covered in case someone comes to search for it. At times, PRWeb has been great kick start to our media promotion efforts. We can add keywords and optimize our release so there's a higher chance it will be found by relevant media parties.

"Easy to Use Press Release Distribution Software"

What do you like best?

The website used to input your press release text is easy to understand and navigate. Also their editorial team checks to make sure your press release hits certain parameters to give the best results for both PRWeb and your organization. I also like the report they give you about your press release distribution - very helpful information.

What do you dislike?

You have to schedule your press release 4 hours out (to give the editorial team enough time to review your press release).

PRWeb helps get our organization's name out there. It also helps me make better use of my time because I can work on the press release and save it if I need to come back to it later, or schedule it for sending in the future.

Marketing Manager

"Works great for our small PR agency with a broad client base!"

What do you like best?

Cision enables us to tailor the product to suit our needs. We can cast a large net if we want to, or narrow it down to something so specific, it almost seems hand-picked. It's been a great tool for us as a small agency with a broad spectrum of client sectors. The interface is easy to use, so you can jump from one client to the next with no issues.

What do you dislike?

Cision is great! There are a few minor details that I personally would change, but nothing that hinders the functionality of the product. The interface is easy to use and any issues we had were quickly solved with customer support.

With Cision, we're able to reach a multitude of audiences - groups that can be easily manipulated to suit our needs which may change from day to day. In such a fast-paced line of work, it's imperative that we're able to dive right in and get what we need - Cision has enabled us to work more efficiently and to the benefit of our clients.

Public Speaker

"Captures Media Mentions Well"

What do you like best?

This was a robust tool that allowed me to view the media mention and understand some data about how and where it was viewed.

What do you dislike?

At the time (2009-10), the reports were limited. I would like to assume that the reporting features have improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it. The investment might be steep but the convenience of having a software gather your mentions saves so much time and stress!!! I've done this manually (daily) and it took a minimum of 1 hour and a maximum of 3 hours daily to complete. Many businesses don't have that type of time to commit to report media. Trust me, the task itself is tremendously time consuming! PRWeb saves that time and sanity.

PRWeb allowed me to see where my company had been mentioned on TV, newspaper (print and digital) and radio.

(5001-10,000 employees)

"Great Program!"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to access people's contact information. There are also so many different things, such as location, name, genre, etc, you can search using.to make it more efficient.

What do you dislike?

You have to click the back button all the time if you want to go back to what you were looking at previously. I wish it would show where you click in different windows, all visible at the same time. There are so many things you have to click to get a person's information.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can seach using many options, such as name, genre, title, location, market, etc.

It has helped me find contact information for people I want to reach out to regarding media opportunities. Without Cision, I would be unable to get their contact information.

Customer Representative
Retail

"Review of PRWeb"

What do you like best?

I love how streamline functionality is. Everything I need is always at my finger tips and aligned neatly so that I can find it.

What do you dislike?

How long it takes to sort through all of the various options and modes. Sometimes I wish that it could predict my thoughts and take me immediately to where I need to be using predictability.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Representatives are really good about getting back to you for help and feedback with the product, so I would say continue to give feedback and see if this product keeps improving.

We just do not have enough representation among certain age groups and categories so we wanted to use PRWeb to access folks who we wouldn't normally reach. I've realized that it is beneficial in terms of sparking ideas for how to reach people that I haven't yet thought of.

"Powerful tool made more powerful if you have SEO experience"

What do you like best?

On the surface, PRWeb is wonderfully easy to use. The system is very self-explanatory, responsive, and easy to both write into and edit. I find that it also rewards solid writing skills, which is better than many web-oriented systems that focus more on keyword-stuffing than actually saying something useable on the journalist's end. (Of course, caveat that with my dislikes, below.)

What do you dislike?

PRWeb's ease of use masks training (experience?) not presented as necessary. I watched several newer team members struggle because they just uploaded releases (copy-paste) and not take the time to tune their writing to the system. I find several non-PRWeb (meaning non-official) YouTube tutorials helped me hone my use of the system; then I brushed up on search engine keyword strategy. The additional effort greatly increased the hits on my releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Seriously, go to YouTube and search for PRWeb tutorials. Additionally, taking Google's free Analytics training will help you better understand how to strategize the inclusion of keywords into your PRWeb releases.

It's a fast way to get attention for lesser-known clients/issues. PRWeb's reach turns the "shotgun" distribution approach into a more powerful tool. I'm (and clients are) delighted to find pick-up with outlets and journalists we didn't know existed. That leaves me to focus my pitching skills on more targeted media outlets. The combination is greater than either alone.

Principal

"PR Web - It Works. "

What do you like best?

It is very easy to set up an account and use it. They purposely make it this way to encourage new business.

What do you dislike?

Some of the media coverage you get it “buried” - and I don’t think the country’s top reporters use it for story leads much.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will work for you, if you post a decent press release. But don’t expect the NYT or Forbes to contact you (but you never know).

I have gotten coverage for my clients and their stories.

UF

"It's fine for getting a press release out"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use. I had never published a press release before, and PRWeb made the process easy and straightforward, and I liked the ability to share a proof with others by adding their emails. .

What do you dislike?

The metrics are a little hard to understand. I also had issues with them approving my releases saying I did not have authorization to talk about my company, even though I did. We had a special arrangement made with management that allowed us to talk about our client's businesses. However, when management changed, they no longer honored our agreement, which delayed press releases, We ended up stopping using their services because of this problem.

We no longer use them, but we did use them to put our press releases about our clients and the businesses they were opening. While it worked to get press releases distributed, we never saw much success with them, besides them getting published.

Writer/Content Creator/Public Relations Consultant
Public Relations and Communications

"Good option for a lower cost press release distribution service"

What do you like best?

PRWeb is a good alternative to higher priced press release distribution services. It gets the release out there without costing an arm and a leg. For my startup, small business and nonprofit clients, it's a reasonable option. It allows you to include an image for the $249 level. It's pretty easy to use, too. Just be careful not to buy additional services that they may offer you as you proceed through the submission process.

What do you dislike?

There is some additional "red tape" at times with PRWeb. You have to have the client's permission to submit a press release on their behalf the first time you do it, which is confusing for the client and causes delays.

Also, their sales team always tries to push buying a "package" of releases. That doesn't really work for most of my clients, who only issue releases via wire occasionally.

And, they have a delay--you have to pay extra to send out the release immediately.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give it a try, if you're used to paying high fees for this type of service.

It's well priced for what you get. The release gets on the search engine to boost SEO. Compared to other services, you can't beat the price. Other services can be more than $1000, especially if you want to include any visuals. ugh. It shouldn't cost more to issue the release than what the client pays to have it written.

"Great Tool for both big/small PR firms and both new/experienced associates"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Cision from a PR Associate's perspective is the detailed profile on journalists and media contacts - for example, Cision has saved me on multiple occasions by stating contacts' preferred method of contact and pitching (i.e., some journalists only will receive pitches by email, phone, etc). This has been a lifesaver! It's a very intuitive platform - easy to learn and use.

What do you dislike?

The only complaint I have is that Cision doesn't allow for multiple users to be under one account - so if I and a coworker were attempting to use Cision simultaneously, one would be booted out of the system.

Cision has been an excellent tool for most of my day-to-day responsibilities. For example, my duties are heavily-researched based and require a lot of compiling PR and media lists. Being able to quickly filter contacts by location and subject matter has been hugely efficient. Additionally, the ability to create campaigns and content specific to my projects was helpful.

"Easily configured for optimal PR sending"

What do you like best?

Once you configure your settings (social media links, contact preferences, logo and feature images, etc.) you never have to worry about it again. Makes my life much easier when my boss tells me something needs to go out "ASAP!"

What do you dislike?

I wish there the add-on pricing for additional regional target audiences wasn't so steep. As a service, I feel like PRWeb is pretty middle of the road where pricing is concerned- unless you have several add-ons. Then it gets up in the PRNewswire territory.

We are able to quickly communicate news from our company to the world. And we are able to do so (usually) at a relatively decent price. Packages are great if you have the content for it.

"Average press coverage at a decent price"

What do you like best?

I consider PR Web a middle of the road PR distribution service. The coverage is what you would expect for the price you pay. I do like the ability to select specific target regions and industries.

What do you dislike?

I just wish the coverage was better... I've used many distribution services and find this one to be so-so. I also don't love that each time we submit a release, we need to go through a ton of hoops if we have cited another company in the release - every time we send one! It is very inconvenient.

We have been able to stay within budget for PR, which is nice. And we can reach more people than manually sending.

Account Manager

"Easy to Us"

What do you like best?

It's easy to upload and submit articles for review.

What do you dislike?

I disliked that I had to go through an intensive approval process in order to simply use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you start the approval process ahead of time.

It is the quickest and best solution for a PR launch in my opinion.

Public Relations and Communications

"PRWeb is Ideal for Small or Large Business PR"

What do you like best?

It is great that PRWeb offers different levels of service to enable each publicity effort to target the media and area where publicity is desired.

What do you dislike?

The price structure is sometimes difficult for small mom and pop businesses to handle, but other than that they are fantastic in every way.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My clients who are seeking publicity and awareness built over time and then maintained at the desired level are please with the results they get through PRWeb, which is enhanced by my press release writing and distribution skills.

My clients who want to establish or build brand awareness through a regular and frequent publicity campaign are always pleased with the results they get with PRWeb.

Chicago
Internet

"Good Service. Solid Product"

What do you like best?

I have been using PRWeb for quite some time.I think they provide the best ROI. I leverage my distribution list and their ability to get good SEO to max my exposure.

What do you dislike?

Their user interface is third-world. They don't have spell check or auto-save, can't upload a video if it isn't on YouTube.

PRWeb is an excellent service. Used it in a marketing/PR fashion and was pleasantly satisfied with my results. Multiple pick ups from large media outlets and exposure. Website traffic rose and our overall presence in the market rose immensely.

Delaware

"Powerful tool"

What do you like best?

PRWeb allows small businesses on a budget to get their news out widely and support other efforts to achieve earned media coverage. It’s a cost-effective alternative to similar services. It’s easy to use and allows you to include an image. It helps your press release appear in search engines (helps SEO).

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. The service is simply perfect

The press release distribution experience is simple and intuitive. Representatives are easy to get a hold of and respond in a timely manner and a great at catching copy errors.

Content Marketing Manager

"Good press release distributor"

What do you like best?

My account manager is great and provides helpful tips. Their editorial team also reviews and makes edits if necessary.

What do you dislike?

You can't format your release. If you include another company in your release you have to get them to approve. It can be difficult to them get another approval from that company/customer mentioned.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use service, fairly cheap too.

Helps me send press releases over the wire. Easy to use service.

AM

"A press release tool that gets the job done"

What do you like best?

PRWeb is incredibly easy to use—a simple text editor and clear options for release. In addition, their customer service has been phenomenal whenever we've needed to make a last minute change to a release.

What do you dislike?

Previewing press releases is less than ideal. When changes are required, it requires many steps to return to editing and then progress back to previewing. This interface could be significantly streamlined and is a time-waster.

We want to get our press releases out into the world and PRWeb makes that happen—consistently and with excellence.

Media Relations Specialist
Public Relations and Communications

"Easy way to distribute press releases"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use, self-explanatory process, options for targeted distribution

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say this is a dislike, but a differentiator of other release distribution providers: it doesn't reach as large of audiences as others, but this is perfect for companies looking for national outreach on a budget

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You might need a little training, but you won't need a full onboard. Super simple tool

Easy way to distribute press releases, which we do frequently

PRWeb User Ratings