PowerSchool Special Programs

4.0

PowerSchool covers all areas of education including 504 processes, services capture for Medicaid billing, special education case management, gifted and talented, English language learners, and Response to Intervention (RTI).

Work for PowerSchool Special Programs?

Learning about PowerSchool Special Programs?

PowerSchool Special Programs Reviews

Ask PowerSchool Special Programs a Question
Showing 15 PowerSchool Special Programs reviews
Robyn B.

"Good access to past SpEd docs, slows down work WiFi."

What do you like best?

I work at a charter school within the Chicago Public School system, and through PowerSchool SpEd, we are able to view all special education documents pertaining for each student. We are an open enrollment school, and we receive students from elementary schools all across the city. Rarely are we provided with the paper version of a student's cumulative file of special education documents. We even receive students who began schooling in Chicago, moved out of the district, and returned--and we're able to see all documents created when they were attending CPS schools.

What do you dislike?

Nothing is more devastating than directly inputting a case note or an evaluation, and having the program freeze or shut down and losing all your work. I learned this lesson the hard way, and now always create all my work on a Word document before uploading anything. This program also seems to use a lot of data, as all other programs that use the Internet slow down when I have PowerSchool SpEd running.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Always create any document in a Word or a like program, do not directly type into PowerSchool SpEd.

Using PowerSchool SpEd our school is able to deliver the special education services that are students deserve and to which they are entitled. All documents created within the CPS district, which is the third-largest school district in the country, can follow an individual student to whichever school they attend within the district.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about PowerSchool Special Programs
Charles T.

"PowerSchool Special Education Recommended"

What do you like best?

Most users find this to be an easy system to use to manage special education data on students. Concerns and questions are answered in a timely manner by the support team. Direct connection to PowerSchool data results in less information to manually enter and more up to date information. This integration is critical to a successful system.

What do you dislike?

There is a time limit that results in automated log outs that are frustrating due to the short time. We understand a time limit, but it has the shortest time limit of any program we use or have ever used. We would like to be able to receive information in "Word" rather than "pdf", or some other editable text format. We understand this is done for security purposes, but if there would be a way to change it and still be secure that would be helpful. We also want to be able to collectively gather all of our students progress monitoring notes into one bucket to send out at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Seriously consider this as a solution if you use PowerSchool now. The integration is critical to effective data management for special education needs and reporting.

Less time on receiving record information from other users in the state. Easy program for case managers to learn. One stop shopping for easy access to a students' information. Easy to upload paperwork from other districts.

What Special Education solution do you use?

Virginia C.

"Power School used on a daily basis"

What do you like best?

I like that Power School SPED keeps up with all my data and I may pull a report effortlessly at any point in the day. It is user-friendly and easy to access.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the attendance portion of Power School is dependent upon my remembering to log on and use it. There is no reminder email, and if forgotten, the system automatically calls parents at a certain time in the morning alerting them their student didn't make it to school.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great product for keeping Special Education records and reports. It is user friendly, and easy to access for all teachers and administrators.

We are able to keep MANY MANY records using PowerSchool at a personal level, school-wide level, and district level with ease.

UD
User in Design

"Very Frustrating Program for Very Important Problems"

What do you like best?

When I was employed as a bilingual special education teacher for two years, it was important for me to be able to thoroughly explain and document my students' and their families' experiences. I liked that there was no word or character limit for these fields.

What do you dislike?

What regularly infuriated me in this program was that another user could log in to the same student's online file at the same time and start editing it and that would cancel out the work that I had done, and the program would never notify me of that. I would only notice once I tried to save and lost the information from my input.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Because the save features are inconsistent, and other users can go in and edit your documents with no notification, while you are trying to edit your documents, it is important to prepare all written answers in a separate file like Word so that you can copy and paste and not lose hours of work.

Legally documenting the status and services for students with special education needs or inquiries is of the utmost importance. I was able to document accommodations and protections for students that were legally protected and life-changing.

"Neutral About PowerSchool"

What do you like best?

I like the grading system in PowerSchool and the ability for instructors & students to engage back & forth about an assignment grade. The inbox/mail feature is good as well as it is convenient.

What do you dislike?

I find PowerSchool is difficult to navigate for Students. There is often confusion for students where to locate assignments & information in the beginning as it can be in a few varying places & some locations will go more in-depth than others.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep your usage of PowerSchool as simple and as consistent as possible. There are multiple places to present information, so you want your users to know exactly where to go to get the full content each time.

We utilized PowerSchool for a certification course. It was a place where my team would go to gather the month's assignments and communicate with one another on topics via the comments section. If you're looking for feedback, the comments are useful.

"Great for IEPs "

What do you like best?

I like that is is easy to use. I also like that it allows me to label my goals. It has a lot of features that make writing and navigating the IEP much easier.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how only one professional could access a student account. This makes it difficult when multiple professionals are trying to write an IEP for a student.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you save digital files from old IEP software and plan to iput all old information in yourself, unless willing to wait 6 months.

Keeping detailed and updated IEPs.

"PowerSchool"

What do you like best?

I love that PowerSchool is able to flag a students disability so that anyone that has this student in class is immediately aware, I also like the data tracking that coincides with behaviors and grading.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see PowerSchool have easier screens and tabs. It is semi user friendly and could work on the platform being fully user friendly.

It immediately alerts any staff/personnel that the student has a disability and what that disability is, as well as, what accommodations are needed.

Sarah P.

"Well designed System, needs improvements "

What do you like best?

This system is simple to use and it tracks all essential IEP data in one place.

What do you dislike?

The system blanks out when it is updating, so when I go to check my compliance mid-month (for example today which is actually my last day at a school for the year) I can't see the numbers because the system update has wiped all entered data to 0%.

We use this as an IEP tracking system and it has been beneficial.

Rachael DeAnne C.

"User Friendly and Innovative "

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and fast to understand. There are lots of ways to utilize this for a classroom-especially if you teach a LOT of classes.

What do you dislike?

Very little to dislike. I do wish that there was an easy way to print our the information online.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for people who are not internet savvy- it is very easy to use!

I have used this program for all my 2-8th grade music class grading and it is so useful. Very easy to create lessons, assessments, post grades, check student standings and track growth.

AP
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

This program is is so easy to use and has so much availability for teacher and student information.

What do you dislike?

I don’t have a dislike perse, but I do think the file uploading could be a little less involved

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommmend. Easy to use and access and it is user friendly

Girls can log hours, get homework assignments, etc. teachers can have all files needed for the year in one place

User in Education Management

"PowerSchool - Special Education"

What do you like best?

All IEP documents are kept in one place and can be accessed online at any time. It makes collaboration for IEP writing easy as people can work from any location to access/add/change documents.

What do you dislike?

If you don't have internet available, you are not able to access the files.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When holding meetings, make sure that internet is available. It might be helpful to have a printed copy of documents in case internet accessibility is lost.

IEPs are easy to develop and track through the online system as are due dates. Reports can be generated to help keep organize and to make sure timelines are kept.

User in Education Management

"A Great Tool for Organization"

What do you like best?

I liked how easy it was to put in all the activities, organize them and easily refer back to them. I like how each category can have its own weight, so I didn’t have to calculate it every time.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I disliked was that past classes, for previous years, were still there. It muddled up the look of it a bit, but it wasn’t so aweful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy way to keep organized wherever you are.

It’s a place to organize assignments and activities to be able to make sure each child is getting what they need and understanding each level.

"Powerschool review"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use. Once you log in, it takes you straight to the attendance screen.

What do you dislike?

The website often crashes, or is down for maintenance frequently. This is frustrating as a user.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If it is not working and you are using Chrome, try using Mozilla or Internet Explorer.

We use powerschool to take attendance and to record student grades.

UP
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"One database for all needs"

What do you like best?

The best part of having PowerSchool and TieNet as one product instead of two (PowerSchool Special Education) is that everything is connected by one login. No more need for multiple logins.

What do you dislike?

The special education end of PowerSchool (TieNet) is not always easy to manage.

Having the two systems connected allows Special Education teachers to stay connected with General Education teachers.

"PowerSchool "

What do you like best?

Houses student info and procedures very well

What do you dislike?

No dislikes- has been upgraded very well and works with the user in mind

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buy it, we’ll worth it

How schools stay in compliance with state laws

Learning about PowerSchool Special Programs?

* We monitor all PowerSchool Special Programs reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.