Plan-a-Garden

3.7

Plan-a-Garden lets you create garden design plans for anything from a patio-side container garden to your whole yard. Use your mouse to "drag-and-drop" more than 150 trees, shrubs, and flowers. Add dozens of structures like buildings, sheds, fences, decks—even a pond for a unique garden design plan.

Work for Plan-a-Garden?

Learning about Plan-a-Garden?

Plan-a-Garden Reviews

Showing 5 Plan-a-Garden reviews
Plan-a-Garden review by User

"Helpful but not super realistic."

What do you like best?

What I like best about Plan-a-Garden is definitely the texture tool. I think if you are wanting to test out the look and feel of redoing a garden or outdoor space you can't overlook where bricks, pathways, and other ground textures.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I had a problem with was placing plants into the backgrounds did not mean they would be in the right perspective. Therefore, you could make plants unrealistically big which isn't helpful when planning a garden.

The business problem that Plan-a-Garden solves is that beginning step when planning a renovation. Often it is scary to start such a big project like that without being able to see your vision. This tool will give more confidence to the user. Another benefit I found is even planning for a temporary outdoor event this could be used.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Plan-a-Garden
Plan-a-Garden review by Autumn E.
Autumn E.

"Easy to use and clever"

What do you like best?

I like that I can upload a picture of my own garden space about all, but I also like that everything I use in this tool is available to buy or plant, which makes this different than imagining my own garden or using a garden simulator in architecture programming.

What do you dislike?

Exactly what makes this program great also causes limits. I want more options for my own furniture, but the placeholders of the benches, gazebos, etc they provide still help me visualize.

While I'm not a professional landscaper, I am a homesteader. This helps me with special awareness, as I always imagine a space is smaller than it is. It gives me a more realistic perspective on how many plants I'll need to fill a space and how to plan my gaps.

What Landscape Design solution do you use?

Plan-a-Garden review by User

"A very cool tool to visualize a garden "

What do you like best?

As someone who isn't super familiar with plants, this was an awesome tool to not only visualize, but plan out actual plants to purchase.

What do you dislike?

You have to pay to upload your own photo. Due to budgetary constraints we stuck to the free version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to adjust for the lighting when planning your garden.

We wanted our office to look more appealing on the outside. The benefit is that our office now looks more friendly and welcoming.

Plan-a-Garden review by Consultant

"Lots of options, ability to diversify and narrow search, informative"

What do you like best?

The vast amount of plants to choose from was great to provide options and also discover new plants I hadn’t heard of or known about previously.

What do you dislike?

I think the graphics were a little clunky, could possibly have crisper or more updated look considering how far tech has come.

Assisting clients in choosing look and feel of what plants they like best for their project, able to provide them with a large selection in one spot without having to just show them google search results of every possible item, can integrate so they see the whole look providing a better client experience.

Plan-a-Garden review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Innovative Feature from Better Homes & Gardens"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to personalize your spaces ahead of time, know what your getting, and even be inspired for ideas you hadn't thought of yet.

What do you dislike?

Some of the graphics aren't the highest quality, and the interface can be a bit confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and free, highly recommend!

Spatial planning, event planning, and organization. The major benefit is being able to see your vision!

Learning about Plan-a-Garden?

* We monitor all Plan-a-Garden reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.