Nifty Reviews & Product Details

Nifty Overview

What is Nifty?

Nifty Project Management is the all-in-one solution for project management, team collaboration, and task management. With your team chat, tasks, roadmaps, docs, and files all in one place — Nifty lets you focus on managing work instead of juggling tools.

Nifty Details
Discussions
Nifty Community

Nifty helps you manage all your projects in an easy, fun, and efficient way. With Discussions, Tasks, Docs, Roadmaps, and Files all in one place, Nifty lets you focus on building products instead of juggling tools.

Nifty Technologies, Inc.

Nifty Reviews

Showing 224 Nifty reviews
Already have Nifty?
Project Manager
What do you like best?

It's easy to use and the UI is not messy, which helps me deliver my projects on time as I work on them in the app. I like that I can get feedback from all the team members and missing deadlines isreare while using this software, as it keeps everyone notified on time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that sometimes I encounter some bugs but thankfully customer support has been responsive and has fixed them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My biggest advice is to make use of the milestones and progress features in the software and you'll see great results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Some problems we are solving with Nifty are:

-We are able to keep us focused and boosting productivity is something that everyone does because of the time tracking tool in the software.

-Collaborating and integrating different apps into our work such as Google Sheets/Docs, with the integration features being wonderful and allowing us to do the job.

-I can't stress enough how much I love the Zoom integration and how important it is for other softwares to have it, so Nifty allowing us to do calls via Zoom has been so beneficial . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
Professional Training & Coaching
What do you like best?

I appreciate the intuitive layout of the system. It allows for a high level of customization without becoming overly complicated to learn. While there is a set number of user per plan, guests (ie single project people or clients) are unlimited. Setting access levels is incredibly granular making it easy to determine who can see what. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a way to copy an entire milestone layout from one portfolio to another. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you've been frustrated by other project management tools (I have!) take Nifty for a test drive. I was very pleasantly surprised at how easy it was for me to dive in and make it add value to my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Collaborating with colleague on a long term, complex project. This tool allows us to easily share our work, process, status, and ideas without getting bogged down. HUGE time saver and improvement in communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Nifty has a good and easy to use gui. I don't have to wait for the data to launch, like in other programs I have used. Tasks, job info, tasks, etc they are immediately accessible when I browse. The user interface is strong too, it is handled intuitively and easy to understand. There is a minimum learning curve when you use most project management software. It's all there. You have schedules, goals, starts, system discussions in which you can add relevant people, and frankly, it all has everything, but it does not work for you in a frustrating manner (like Atlassian). You can also have several projects that run concurrently, each with its own dashboards, so that you can control each component. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't tell I've got a lot of dislikes. This is very cool compared to other tools. When I were to pick one I'd say the app takes a lot of space up on my laptop, but doing it online is almost as nice and does not take up space. Nifty's biggest concern is the lack of connectivity. You're going to have issues with Nifty if you need anything open to people with disabilities. The color contrast is poor and WCAG AA is not compatible with any tabbed navigation or outlines for active objects. I told the team Nifty about this already, so it will hopefully change. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nifty is a fantastic project management platform that is completely featured to improve the project management expertise with agile / scrum teams and other organizations. In my study, bear in mind the usability issue. Test with Nifty and try to see how it increases usability. This will blow your mind if you're new to productivity apps. You'll always blow your mind if you're used to them. A fine weapon, really. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In a tight plan, we handle a great deal of contents. The characteristics of chat, Doc-integration and scheduling were more than helpful in one tool and made sure we published content on schedule and were able to respond fast to unforeseen changes. We work much easier together, send much less e-mails and everyone has a clearer perspective. Nifty lets our staff remain coordinated, tracks the work needed and makes management of tasks fast and simple. So I'm not forgetting that I'm using the mobile app to upgrade jobs and log new activities. We look forward to your API so that we can simplify some workloads and use some of our internal resources to link Nifty. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best thing about Nifty is the active team behind it. You get amazing news almost every week, not just a few bug and performance fixes but real updates that help streamline your workflow. The user interface is extremely easy to use and understand. You can create a new project and get started within seconds resulting in a much more agile workflow where it is possible to work with as many or as few projects as you like. Because of the intuitive templates, you can easily divide huge projects into more focused ones and keep your workspaces clean when still maintaining a great overall overview. Many other tools require a lot of setups resulting in projects that grow and last forever because setting up a new one is just too much hassle. Nifty solves that problem in a fantastic way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The feature set is still a little bit limited compared to some systems that have been around longer. A few sync features and more fine-tuned settings are yet to come but the team delivers excellent improvements every week. Still, I think Nifty will be the very best, maybe not today but definitely within a few months. Let's put it this way when betting on horses would you rather bet on an exhausted frontrunner or the energic horse slightly behind? Monday and Asana are ahead in some areas, no doubt about that - but Nifty seems to be releasing great new innovations regularly. So nothing bad really, but you have to expect some changes to the workflow in the coming months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Move one project first and try it out, it might not be suitable for every project but it is very customizable. If the first one does not fit, try a few different ones. Nifty is truly great once you get to know it and know when to use it. The true power of Nifty is how user friendly it is, something everyone in every kind of team can appreciate. Preferably start with a smaller project without too many integrations and dependencies so you get to know it, because once you do nothing compares. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am getting more productive because we can achieve better communication within our team. Nifty provides a clear separation between projects when also providing stats across them. It is much less overwhelming and so much easier to focus on what truly matters - the task ahead of you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development, Project Administrator & Management Consultant
What do you like best?

The Modern Interface is intuitive and "nifty" in getting to the granular aspects of your project and task management needs.

The fast rollout on updates adds significant value to administration and communications without disrupting the work flows.

The software keeps taking strides in improving the simplest to more complex project management needs with it's interoperability with its kanban, communication and reporting interoperability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish I had more graded privileges for admin user profiles along with additional seats (but I think that can/may be resolved with upgrades!) (:D). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nifty seems to be overall a simpler Project Management Tool over the many others in its field of competition. It's development patway continues to point in the right direction to coming out at the top of the field, with the hopeful blessings and to the satisfaction of current and new customers, clients and users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Task Management and Reporting / Communications;

- Possible Client side insite to project progress and direct client task assignments;

- Overall Project Management & Administrative needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My favorite feature on Nifty is the home screen it enables you to have access to all essential features - milestones, tasks, docs and files once I log in similar to my iphone home screen in a workflow tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not had any issues so far and do not intent to nit pick to try and find problems with something that is working well for my company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend using the videos and tutorials the Nifty team put together on youtube they are awesome and very helpful. Additionally, this tool is so easy to use my whole team was working on it on the same day we made the purchase. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had a lot of work that was falling in the cracks and not getting tracked properly, tasks let us really document everything we have going on internally along with custom fields to delve deeper and create reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Specjalista ds. SEO
What do you like best?

Aesthetics! Ease of navigation, intuitiveness, continuous product development. I believe Nifty would catch the ClickUp level someday for sure.

The constant development of the tool is certainly a big plus. I get an e-mail about some new functionality practically every week.

Nifty is a great tool for a freelancer or a small team. Privately, nifty is my basic tool for cooperation with clients and so far it works great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are no options typical for CRM - budget management, cost estimation, billing hours, and so on. Surely, a little more integration could be needed as well. It's not bad, but it could be better.

Another thing is the application - it is because it is, but somehow it is not useful for anything, or it is simply not very intuitive.

Nifty also has some problems with notifications, because they either pop up double in the browser window and on the desktop, or they don't pop up at all (or I set something wrong myself, I don't know). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just give it a try! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I took the management with small clients to a new level, and the aesthetics of the tool only helps in this, causing them very good results and impression. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease to follow up with the team and tasks is possibly what we love the most. But we also have to highlight that you have multiple choice to view your project: As kanban tiles or list of tasks. Also you can setup milestones that are tied with other milestones and with their respective tasks. Notifications to your email and inside the platform give you full control of everything that is happening inside your company.

And if you use google drive (GSuite) for documents, you will love the integration that Nifty has to see and edit the documents inside the platform! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything to dislike, but I'd love to see email marketing in a roadmap so we can track and contact leads and convert them into new running projects for the company. Would that be asking too much? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a wonderful tool, equipped with everything a Project Manager / User needs to run a project correctly, do try it out with the free trial and you'll get your socks blown off! We loved and changed the software we were using in less than a week, it was that easy! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had a real problem following up with the tasks that had been done and the tasks that needed to be done. We used a range of apps including excel (man that sucked), Asana, Trello, MeisterTask, Wrike, and a great etc. They just didn't match with the way we worked and the number of users we had (we are a small company with lots of tasks, so the other solutions are too pricey or simply did not solve our problems).

We have reduced our delivery times in more than 20% and we are currently delivering every task on time, early or just with a few hours of delay, versus what happened before where we just did not manage to get things done on time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

A very robust project management platform, including built in collaboration tools which make is very easy and efficient to communicate with team members and clients on projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see mult-level subtasks available, similar to how Asana provides this feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give Nifty a try, see how it compares to Asana and other project management tools you use. See for yourself how intuitive it is to work with, how fast the platform responds and how powerful and customisable the platform is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nifty is making it much easier to collaborate with my clients and team members on projects.

I have succesfully been able to replace Asana with Nifty which provides very similar project management tools, making it very intuitive, especially for Asana users.

My business highly relies on effiecient and customisable project management software. Nifty provides a solid solution to my project management and collaboration business requirements.

Their support team is fast to respond, friendly and willing to help and provide solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like using Nifty. It's powerful but it's also fun to use. There's something about the layout and how easy it is for me to keep my work in order that is incredibly satisfying.

The support team is great too. Fast, friendly, helped me learn how to use the platform effectively. I've used other tools like Asana and Trello in the past but Nifty is my preferred and I've moved all my PM work over to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. It integrates very well with Google Docs, easy to keep organized, lots of features. I don't have anything bad to say. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping organized!! Especially when it comes to keeping my docs in one place.

For example, I use multiple Google Docs for each client to track onboarding, web pages to be developed, etc. I can easily link those docs into Nifty within my projects. Then I don't have to figure out where in Google Drive my files are, pull up those screens and all the juggling act. Everything I need is within one platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Web Developer
What do you like best?

Organization. Having tasks order by date and priority helps my team know what's going on. The schedules change on a daily basis. It's an invaluable tool. You think as a business owner you know how to organize efficiently, but when Nifty came on the scene, you realize that's not the case. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unless I'm mistaken, I would love to receive notifications with tasks I'm working with, without having the need to tag people. Tagging is simple, yet if you need to use it for every message to "get the message across" so to speak, it's a 2 seconds "wasted". Nitpicky I know! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buy it!! It's simple, effective and will organize your team in seconds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I receive over 200 emails a day, a good percentage require placing into a uniformed task with start dates, end dates, screenshots and more. Nifty handles all of that with ease. Nifty helps us not forget about tasks and keep on track. It's perhaps the easiest and cleanest and well as stylish platform out there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I appreciate most about Nifty is the capability to add almost everything a team could possibly need or encounter.

We can upload files, create docs (that we started building an SOP/Checklist library), Plan out a project with Milestones on a timeline, easily *adjust* those milestone deadlines ;-)

And keep conversations tight, having relevant comments on a single card (task) as well as tagging and setting due dates.

It's very comprehensive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes software can feel a little bloated. Like Microsoft Office, how over the years, MS just kept trying to add all these bells and whistles only to make the experience more confusing. So that being said, Nifty aims to be very comprehensive however, there can be a bit of a learning curve.

I wish the notes (that I can write on a given task card) were more flexible (like Trello, using various characters like # to create bold headers, etc.)…

I wish that I could paste a list into a checklist -- and Nifty would automatically divvy out my list items into their own separate items to be checked off (like Trello)

And I wish the Docs were more flexible. I could TOTALLY see using these as an SOP library but what keeps us from completely adopting that is the fact that they auto-order themselves (the Docs) according to the last one edited. It'd be really cool to be able to embed *within* a Doc too.

THAT WAY, my small team could COMPLETELY set up an SOP system *for* particular clients we have. -- because that's reality: you have clients and there's just no way around it: they have their own special unique way of achieving something that needs to be repeatable and easily passed down to future team members. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I still feel like there's much more to Nifty than I'm even getting to within this review. I'd love to get savvy with tackling the Milestones feature. I'm not one to be especially good at completing things *unless* there are deadlines and someone counting on me. So I can envision Nifty working to help that -- where I add a collaborator (a client) and layout the Milestones (deadlines).

The team also has been responsive and open to my hurdles and constructive criticism Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems we're solving: We're getting tasks centralized and keeping tabs on them easier. Since my assistant can comment me in on the particular task, … and can even comment/mention me at various levels of the organization (task level, overall team communication level, project comment level, etc), I feel good knowing that we're not littering another channel (like Telegram, Slack or the email inbox) with little comments that just make a thread bloated and difficult to search through. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Quantitative Research
What do you like best?

I Nifty for keeping our projects organized and on track. It's easy to create new projects, tasks, milestones, and make updates as projects move along. As a company that does a lot of custom projects, it's easy to work from a template and adjust as needed. I also really appreciate the transparency in their development priorities and the obvious dedication to making consistent improvements to the platform. It has been worth every penny. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the workflow and calendar views were more visually intuitive - I'd love to be able to color code or tag items in a calendar since our projects all have tasks that are repeated, and it's not easy at all to look and see what specifically someone is working on or what task is due for what day in the calendar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nifty is helping keep everyone on my team on the same page, especially those that don't touch the project every day - it helps keep them in tune to what is going on and when they will be needed to come in. I have also realized that I'm just less mentally taxed trying to remember everything that needs to be done for each project, it's all right there and easy to see what I need to get done every day. Nifty has replaced my various to-do lists, evernote sheets, and post-its. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Every time I try another feature, it seems to work exactly like I want/expect it to. I'm able to track my time in a simple and intuitive way that let's me look back and learn from past projects. I like that I can put all the info for a client in one place; files, images, agreement contract, internal wiki (docs) and the milestone view is the best gant-like UI I've seen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a feedback button right in the main UI so I could suggest tiny UI improvements. Would like to see some more drag and drop functionality in the various views. Scroll bars should expand 2x-3x on mouseover depending on screen size. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to track time on multiple tasks on multiple projects for multiple clients and get clear visualizations of what's next across the projects or within just one. It's suddenly so much easier to just answer the question "what's next?" Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Clean kaban interface without too many disturbances

Great ability to connect milestones directly together with either lists (swimlanes) or individual tasks to create a progress.

Easy to set up new boards/projects and have cross references between those and users

In overall Nifty got everything that a team need to be productive with a project management kanban tool.

The software update interval is quick and new features and improvements to existing are released frequently.

The support is good and fast and issues have been addressed quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Tag management is really missing. Unused tags can at this moment not be removed.

Lack of batch/bulk actions (archive/complete/move/transfer/tag multiple cards)

Missing multiple-column lists/lanes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Kanban project management tool without being anything else Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project management is getting a lot easier with Nifty.

The kanban tool itself is not a new invention but the surrounding features in Nifty really get the process a lot easier managing multiple teams in multiple areas but still connected and with different milestones Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President/CEO
What do you like best?

I love that I can set milestones for different projects and I can view the milestones in a gant format. I struggle with productivity a lot. This was easy to navigate and figure out how to use it to not only manage my business, but also for homeschooling my children at the same time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that clients could have a calendar view. That would be helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nifty is great for business and personal use. This will help to increase the productivity of any mompreneur. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am a mom and entrepreneur. Due to the pandemic I have placed my children in the online version of our public schools. This is a more self paced format. Nifty has helped me organize all work due and have a visual for pacing the work. In terms of business, I was able to setup my we site and import my editorial calendar from asana. Nifty was easier to navigate and has made it easier to view the steps I need to take to consistent market my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Full Stack Developer
What do you like best?

It is simple to use to manage all our projects and general daily tasks. And after months of using it, we have not had to contact support once! We have not found any bugs, no things that were too confusing to use, nothing missing that we 'had to have'. We have loved it so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I read reviews all the time from people working with a new piece of software and report all the bugs that they find. So far, I have not run into a single bug. With that said, what's there to dislike? Nothing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have large website projects that have a lot of 'things' that we need to do in order to bring them to the public. Nifty is making it easy (we created a template based on our first project that we use for all the sites) to make sure that we don't miss a vital step in finishing the project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I can set up projects and tasks and view them my tasks, via the calendar, via workload. I can view via list or board and easily move tasks between. Each task can be broken down into sub tasks even set up custom fields if required. I can create docs and files and therefore collate all information about each project together I can even track time allocated and hold discussions with team members / collaborators and share information with clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the limit on the number of projects in the lower level price plans, for a tool that can be highly effective for small businesses this would be a limiting factor, as a freelancer I have many projects on the go at the same time but could not justify the expense of the plans with unlimited projects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing multiple projects and tasks - gives me up to date view of all projects /tasks/workload/milestones and due dates. I have used many many project/task management systems and never yet found one I could work with that gave me everything I wanted. This does Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Audio/Video Editor
What do you like best?

Nifty provides a robust project management tool, but the best part of it all, is it simply works, but if it doesn't, the chat support is quick to address the issue and provide solution. I think those are what makes Nifty really a product to beat. You can put all the features, the bells and whistles, but if doesn't work or there's no support, it will simply be useless. I'm glad Nifty is both working and has great support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not really something I dislike, but it's something I'm really looking forward to see added in its features list, and that is task templates. Having been a very long time user of Teamwork PM, I really missed that feature as most of my projects are repetitive and having a task template that you can quickly access and add is a huge time saver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client communication and getting organized with all the projects is what I tried to solve with Nifty. I just find that there are many times I lost track of email threads which hurts reliability and cause a lot of problems. With Nifty, I have a central communication tool where all the discussions are saved, files, documents are organized. It just gives you the credibility and gives an impression to the client that you are taking care of the project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Writer
What do you like best?

I love the way Nifty organizes my projects. It's the same way my brain works. I could have a company project that included 10 mini projects and I'd always have to create each one as it's own project. With nifty I create the master company and then inside that I can create as many individual projects as I need. Plus it has integrations and import ability and time tracking (when I remember) and I love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the time tracking was easier to get to. I forget where it is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have tried every project management tool out there and found them to just not quite fit what you are looking for... Try Nifty. I tried everything, Asana, Wrike, Trello, Click Up, and several others. Nifty broke my addiction to trying project management tools. I haven't looked at another since Nifty set me straight. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the problem of my projects been scattered across Google Drive, One Drive and Drop Box. I keep (and edit) documents with the projects they belong to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder | We Help Adult & Overwhelmed College Students Accelerate Their Degree