NextChapter

4.8

NextChapter provides all the tools and resources to run your entire practice in the cloud, on one system. From client intake and initial consultation to bankruptcy discharge, NextChapter offers an array of products and services to keep you moving to the next chapter of your law practice.

Work for NextChapter?

Learning about NextChapter?

NextChapter Reviews

Ask NextChapter a Question
Showing 20 NextChapter reviews
Margaret T. K.

"A useful tool in every way"

What do you like best?

I love this software because it allows me to attend to the bankruptcy cases of my clients with all the possible details, allowing me to have all the information at hand, even to be able to keep these important documents in the cloud with an encrypted security. The forms that this tool has been well made and can be filled safely.I can also note that I like to use this software because of its simplicity because it allows me to organize the whole case by complementing it with the new documentation that the clients can bring me efficiently.

When I have a problem, I can contact, the technical support staff with confidence, since they are very attentive and quick to answer the questions and address any problems that may arise with the program.It is interesting to see how this software gives you a broad and complete panorama allowing you to establish your own strategy regarding the management of a specific case, this is incredibly good, and something that is not achieved with other software.

With its intuitive calendar it allows you to keep up with the court notices and the respective appointments with the clients. You only have to enter and review the pending things of the day, without you ever forgetting something in the day. Before, it did not happen to me, but to know that I have a software that assists me completely in my work, it's great!

If you need help, the nextchapter technical support team offers personalized attention and follow-up for any problem you may have with the software, providing you with a world of options and avoiding you to get stuck with a problem. Thanks Next chapter technical team.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say that I do not have any complaint with the software or with the technical support team for any major problem or complaint so far. Next Chapter has been a great investment for the company. What I do not like is that at the beginning of using this software, for lack of information one made many mistakes, it would be good to keep updated the procedure manual of each option that has Next chapter.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am totally convinced to recommend using Next chapter, you will see that when you start using it you will not want to leave it, thanks to its interface that is friendly and very easy to use. Anyway, it's worth trying.

It is a great benefit to have software that can store, organize and use all the information of the clients in order to prepare requests efficiently, having an option called debtors portal is great because it allows you to save time and review of all the unnecessary paperwork along with the emails.

Having a program that has a fully modernized system and according to the requirements of the system in order to take all bankruptcy applications, administration of deadlines among other things, is extremely beneficial.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about NextChapter
mark w.

"Current user and past CINCompass and BestCase user"

What do you like best?

There are so many features to love: the automated questionnaire, credit report importing, the automatic timekeeping function, the built-in texting feature for client status, built-in NADA or KBB links for car valuations; I also appreciate the speed of the cloud-based system, which was not my experience with other cloud-based programs, one-click e-filing, automatic PACER document downloads after filing, (and automatic calendaring of the court dates, based on notices received from PACER, document generation for our supplemental court documents required locally, the Clio integration without duplicating work done in NC, etc, etc, etc., I could go on and on!

What do you dislike?

All the drawbacks are really learning curves, and yet I find the NC approach in each area (Means Test, C13 plan calculators) are worth it and not that hard to grasp

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly Recommended

The benefits I have realized are numerous, due to the added value of the new functions which are available in NextChapter as described above, but also in improved ability to handle pre-existing tasks such as client status communications, automated data importing and processing (ex. Means-Testing & C13 plan calcuations), e-filing and automated retrieval of PACER documents and calendaring, and tracking of our time & billings. Its really outstanding!

What Legal Practice Management solution do you use?

Sara D.

"Growing and Intuitive"

What do you like best?

No more stressing about purchasing and maintaining expensive hardware for our multiple offices. We have easy access to our clients files from any internet browser. The software is very user friendly and is easy to navigate. Pacer notices are absolutely vital and are organized within each client folder - making it very easy to keep up with them and avoid unnecessary pacer fees. The software has helped us reduce data entry time for basic cases. It has also helped having immediate access to client files by using multiple devices and portable devices - eliminating the need for paper files other than what we are required to retain by law.

Service with NextChapter exceeds all expectations I had. They are to the minute available in their chat feature and they have been exceptional with responding to all questions we've had. They also check in with us to see if we've had issues or how things are going. All of the parties we've talked to have been extremely pleasant and wonderful to talk with!

What do you dislike?

To date, NextChapter has been extremely responsive to any complaints or questions we've had. There are some minor things I would prefer to have the option to customize (various modules or information to be available on home pages or client dashboard) but these truly are minor in nature.

I have a hard time saying I don't like something about the software as they are so responsive to change and open to our suggestions. Also, a few of the items (such as being able to file a partial bankruptcy petition and then automatically file the "completion" documents later and not manually, is something they are working on.

Not really a dislike, but having a strong quality internet connection is a must - without it the software lags quite a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have a high quality internet connection, it is a must.

#1 benefit is the ability to not have to invest 10s of thousands of dollars into hardware for our firm, which has 4 locations. We can streamline our case load and allow our employees to work from home when necessary. We are also finding the software is helping us with tracking client issues, communications and documents.

Anthony V.

"Intuitive and Comprehensive Program to prepare bankruptcy petitions & schedules"

What do you like best?

The interfaces are clear; the help buttons take you to explanatory information if you have a question about what to enter; the forms library is regularly updated for districts; the finished product comes out clearly and easy to read for clients, and more importantly, the trustee and court. All in all, I have been happy since becoming one of their first users after working with other programs.

What do you dislike?

The information derived from client documents need some tweaking but overall the new portal feature works quite well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try; discuss your needs with customer support - they are terrific. They have responded promptly to some very routine questions I have had via their chat feature.

Being able to prepare documents for filing bankruptcy cases on my laptop or remotely. This has saved me time and allowed me to work on a file wherever I have access to the Internet.

Nancy J.

"I am very happy with NextChapter."

What do you like best?

I really like that NextChapter is Cloud based and I can file on my Mac. Most other programs require a Windows based computer, or a virtual desktop for Windows. I am all Mac based so this works very well. Also the customer service and help videos online have been fantastic.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve, but the online videos and the customer support have been very helpful. It was easier to learn to use than other programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The staff is very helpful and you can use the program on a trial basis to see if it works for you.

I can file from anywhere. Recently I could not be in the office long due to an ill family member. I signed case with clients and was then able to file the cases at my home office.

UL
User in Law Practice

"NextChapter is Superb!"

What do you like best?

NextChapter is very user-friendly and intuitive. NextChaper organizes and implements client information and documents easily and well. The NextChapter staff is very attentive and quick to respond to issues and questions. We also appreciate the chat option when seeking assistance with issues.

What do you dislike?

We have had no significant issues or complaints with NextChapter thus far. NextChapter has been a great addition to our firm. But it would be nice if there was a good solution when users import the information prematurely by mistake.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We would highly recommend NextChapter. I think that firms who try out NextChapter will certainly make the switch from the platforms that they may be using. They will see that NextChapter is a very effective and efficient system for using in preparing petiitons.

NextChapter allows us to organize, store and use client information and documents effectively for preparation of petitions. The NextChapter debtor portal provides an easy way for clients to upload information and documents for use in their petitions. The use of the debtor portal saves a lot of unnecessary paperwork, emails and faxes.

Aaron P.

"NextChapter is better than Best Case!"

What do you like best?

The cost for what is provided is great. Customer service is via chat and is nearly immediate. The program is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The county info doesn't auto input when you include a residential address. The program doesn't hold the complete SSN for the debtor so you have to know it or have it written down to file, etc. (which is is understandable b/c it's web-based but still an inconvenience).

The txt feature sometimes doesn't email notice - that causes an issue with the clients. I think you all are working on that already.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I already have.

We like the NC is web-based and can be accessed from any computer.

Rachel L.

"Great Software & Even Better Support Team!"

What do you like best?

Responsive & highly supportive team--We've really enjoyed working with everyone at NextChapter as we've smoothly gotten through the training process with this new system.

What do you dislike?

We've had some hiccups with the Clio integration, but they're on it, and have responded to inquiries even after hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You'll be surprised (and delighted) by the level and quality of support and responsiveness. There may be a few hiccups along the way, but the NextChapter team will work with you until you're as thrilled as we are!

Modernized process for completing and filing bankruptcy petitions, managing deadlines, tasks, and court notices

Misty W.

"So convenient!"

What do you like best?

NextChapter makes filing Bankruptcy for my clients run as smoothly and efficientky as possible. I love having all of the documents and information stored in one convenient place.

What do you dislike?

It can get expensive with all of the add-ons and it can be difficult to kerp track of which add-ons you have purchased or might need. I wish they offered an affordable monthly flat rate that included all of the features.

I can represent my clients more efficiently due in part to easy access to files and information.

Allison B.

"Next Chapter"

What do you like best?

I love the efficiency of the program. I do not have to double enter things like other programs I have used in the past.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve especially when it comes to producing and filing the documents with the court, but one that is easily learned over time.

Time management! The program tracks the time while I am in the case and helps with accurate billing and keeping all things organized. The checklist and task lists are a huge help!

Myrna N.

"NextChapter is wonderful "

What do you like best?

The personal attention and efficiency. The many choices of how to use it. You aren't stuck in a commitment until you try it a few times. The forms are correct and the data entry is sure. The turn around time is great and the staff has wonderful helpful personalities.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I have never had an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use them. You won't regret it.

We are able to take on extra cases and keep our client's happy.

Timothy W.

"New NextChapter User"

What do you like best?

Very easy to learn to use and in person support is awesome. In putting pay advices (income) was very time consuming with my former software program. NextChapter makes it quick and simple. Being cloud based, if something were to happen to my computer, my clients files and data are protected.

What do you dislike?

When filing an Emergency Petition, subsequently filed schedules and Statements must be manually filed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I suggest you give it a trial. I used EZFILE then Best Case for many years. NExtChapter has many more advantages.

Former application was unstable and crashed often. NextChapter works well with my Mac. Access and intergration of clients' credit data is much improved.

Scott B.

"The Premieir Online Bankruptcy Prep Software"

What do you like best?

NextchapterBK is easy to use and accessible anywhere.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike would be that I would like more customizability for calendar event titles, but I’ve been told it’s coming in an update.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

NCBK is browser agnostic and works on everything from desktop computers to phones. The company and devs are very responsive to implementing suggestions.

Connecting multiple offices and always on the go staff is seemless with NCBK.

Rayna B.

"Easy to learn!"

What do you like best?

NextChapter is always updating to comply with the current bankruptcy laws also they are quick to reply and help answer any questions as needed. The programing is very easy to learn and navigate.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any dislikes about NextChapter. The only thing I can think of is when the exemptions are doubled it does not calculate per debtor it combines the exemption so you have to add it yourself to make sure you do not go over the allotted exemption per debtor.

NextMessage saves so many phone calls and is such a time saver. It's one of my favorite tools with NextChapter.

Michael G.

"Web-Based Bankruptcy Filings - Now with App for iOS"

What do you like best?

NextChapter's bankruptcy software is web-based and full-featured. Since it is web-based, it is available from any computer, Mac or PC, and NextChapte now has an App available for the iPhone. I just filed my first case with NextChapter and it was easy to use and easy to file.

What do you dislike?

The system is not fully implemented for all Districts. For example, amended schedules must be filed manually for the Florida District. But NextChapter is implementing more districts each release.

I am not filing many cases, so I am able to file cases and pay a fee case-by-case.

Michael D.

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

The online app is easy to use and the best thing is it is cloud based. Going to Court you have everything related to the case at your finger tips.

What do you dislike?

Means test won't let me do a couple of district specific things but you can't expect it to do everything.

Switched 2 years ago and can't imagine going back

Cynthia G.

"Great Software for Bankruptcy Firm "

What do you like best?

I like the simple, easy to use process to complete the forms. It's very user friendly and customer support is regularly available for any questions.

What do you dislike?

There are a few forms that aren't automatically generated. I know they are working on adding more forms in to make it easier to use.

The ability to work remotely with ease. It's easier to review documents in real time and the interface is user-friendly.

Daniel G.

"Great experience"

What do you like best?

great customer service and an easy to use format

What do you dislike?

nothing, I like everything so far .

Recommendations to others considering the product:

great for Macs

Bankruptcy software and forms filing

Charles C. G.

"Great Program for Sole Practioner "

What do you like best?

This is an incredibly easy to use program that is user friendly with great support.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike that I have discovered yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great program give it a try.

It is an easy to use program that is user friendly. Greatest benefit is cost and ease of use coupled with great support. rt

UL
User in Law Practice

"NextChapter Saves Time"

What do you like best?

Software that is accessible anywhere and easy, quick filing

What do you dislike?

Long form Chapter 13 filings can sometimes be cumbersome

My assistant can work from home and is not tied to the office

Learning about NextChapter?

* We monitor all NextChapter reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.