MindTap Reviews & Product Details

What is MindTap?

No more searching for highlighers and notebooks. MindTap Reader lets you highlight and take notes online, right within the pages.

MindTap Screenshots

MindTap Reviews

1-15 of 15 total MindTap reviews
e-Learning Coordinator
Higher Education

"Support student learning with robust digital tools"

What do you like best?

MindTap is one of those rare publisher tools that offers a complete package: e-textbook, interactive exercises, customizable quizzes, content supported by universal design and accessibility principles, note-taking and study tools.

What do you dislike?

As with most publisher tools, when you want to integrate it into your learning management system, it requires students to access a separate platform and create a separate account. This can be synchronized to your LMS, but it can't be branded with the institution's logo or colors.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you plan on using MindTap with your LMS, ask for training from a technical integration specialist. Be proactive when you know your LMS will be upgraded and involve the vendor as early as possible to ensure the tool is functional.

We can quickly incorporate specialized curriculum, content, and assessments into our courses.

Policy Issuance
Media Production

"Helped Me Pass A Difficult Subject!"

What do you like best?

I like that we can have a "notebook" and additional learning tools to help better understand the learning materials. I was by no means an economics genius and struggled in my first econ course, but MindTap helped me learn so I didn't struggle with it the second time around.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit pricey for a student budget. There's also a bit of a learning curve when first starting to use the program. Thankfully, there was a learning tutorial at the start for those unfamiliar with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will help with retention of key skill sets, thus leading to better management in corporations worldwide. It has helped improve our educational program greatly and we pride ourselves on our students' accomplishments.

It has helped streamline educational goals in order to create more value to the MBA degree by preparing students with more than adequate skills and abilities in a variety of business subjects.

Administrative Assistant
Individual & Family Services

"Bought mindtap for my business ethics class, my favorite is the flashcards."

What do you like best?

What I like best is that I can get to it right from my school website and it takes me where I need to be automatically.

What do you dislike?

I'm not on it enough to say what I dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's very useful for those on the go days when you don't physically have a book, just log into your MindTap account and you're good to go!

The problems I a, solving with MindTap is I don't have to carry a book with me to class all the time, I can just take my tablet.

"FULL OF BUGS"

What do you like best?

Nothing. Users are forced to deviate from instructions in order to achieve their expected output. There are no guarantees that a user can successfully complete all assignments without issues

What do you dislike?

EVERYTHING. Instructions contradicted expected code, Site would update and changed to a completely different format while working during the day, and the curriculum setup is not optimized for success. Would not recommend for beginners, and even our experienced programmers had issues. Had to move code to an IDE to fully complete exercises and submitted externally. This was NOT production ready when implemented.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Choose something else, or use an IDE. The interactive exercises and powerpoint like textbook is bad business.

NONE.

"The user experience is significantly underwhelming."

What do you like best?

MindTap is web-based so I can access it from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I cannot get immediate feedback regarding the questions I've answered - I have to wait until a specific due date to receive the feedback. Reading full books is ridiculous - the searchability function either went away with a recent update or is difficult to find and MindTap doesn't save my place - each time I log in, I have to search through the chapters again to find the page I left off.

It's a training/development tool that allows the trainer to assign reading and quizzes, but there are simpler, more economical tools out there that do more than MindTap does.

"More coverage using MindTap"

What do you like best?

I cover the chapter during class. Then, the students can access "review" materials at any time of the day or night. The material is supplemented with videos and review tools. The students take their assessments on MindTap. Then, we have more time in class to work on projects and activities. The material is helpful also when a student has to be gone from class due to illness or extra curricular involvement.

What do you dislike?

The materials are affordable, but some students will always complain about the cost. You can get a printed version of the text for students who do better with a physical text, but that option adds to the cost. We are always concerned with academic honesty with any assessment tool. I can't prove that the student actually took the test. Nor can I prevent them from cheating. As the test is "open book" I hope that they will be less likely to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would try the test-drive the product as it might be somewhat subject specific. In my experience there were more tools associated with one of the subjects I teach versus another subject. By looking over a demo site I was able to determine that this subject had a sufficient depth and rigor.

I want to have more time to teach. MindTap gives me more time. I want my students to get the material from another source (than just listening to a lecture). This tool gives them some interaction and games. Our students do well with material that limits monotony. MindTap is very helpful in providing a variety of tools for assessment that keep students engaged. They come to class with a better understanding of the material than they once did.

"Cengage Review"

What do you like best?

The best feature for a teacher is the access to exams and its somewhat seamless integration into CANVAS.

What do you dislike?

The most disliked feature is that the exercises are out of date; broken links, software inaccuracies, etc. This means that the instructors have to verify every minute detail. If we need to do that, then we need to write it and get paid.

It should streamline the teaching process by giving students access to intuitive software. It has potential, but work needs to be done.

"Repetitive Content, User Friendly Software"

What do you like best?

I think MindTap works efficiently for it's intended purpose. The software is clear and user-friendly. I like how I have the ability to be very interactive with the software which aids in the learning process.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the idea that you must wait a specific number of hours before progressing through the content. While this may be a useful feature for some individuals, it is bothersome if you have already mastered the content.

I utilize MindTap for distance learning courses. MindTap allows me to interact with my online text and provides a plethora of resources relevant to learning. I also the professor to track a students progress and intervein when necessary.

High School Biology Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education

"SO slow"

What do you like best?

It was nice to have an app to go along with the program.

What do you dislike?

The program was CONSTANTLY lagging and I could not access exams or many of the review activities from the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software is slow, but hopefully it will be fine tuned by the time more people use it.

It’s nice to be able to utilize practice activities at home and school.

Senior Software Engineer

"Best tool For Students learing digital technologies"

What do you like best?

Course Diversity,

Engaging Content,

Challenging Tasks,

Mobile application,

Interactive E Books

What do you dislike?

Security In Mobile app,

Undermine yhe writing skills

I am using it for learing new Technologies and practicing tasks related to my work.

US

"Mindtap"

What do you like best?

Mindtap is a great education product to help students learn and completr assignments.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the srrver is down or goes under maintenance at inconvenient times. It doesn't work grrat with all browsers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's easy to use and navogate. Some students have issues having subject buttons showing up which we found from browser issues.

Educational

"It integrates lot of learning skills and technology"

What do you like best?

You can integrate your course.create online evaluations and provide instructions and in built the assessments for students

What do you dislike?

It still has lot of things which it misses out on like differentiated lesson plans, individual assessments

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great educational platform

Structured Course teaching

(10,001+ employees)

"Helpful for course materials on the go"

What do you like best?

Really easy to access course materials from multiple devices and makes it easy to travel and learn

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the app would glitch out, or wouldn’t let me into my course materials

Not having to travel with large textbooks

"Higher ed "

What do you like best?

I love using this program to supplement the textbook or in lieu of it.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like the added expense to students.

A transition to more online and electronic learning styles.

"Best learning tool!"

What do you like best?

Quite easy and user friendly and lot of Knowles gaining materials

What do you dislike?

The need to change the topics every time

Employee learning is the benefit

MindTap User Ratings